1621 Oak Lawn Ave.
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mothinthe.net/
- Phone: 2146287900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 10:00 pm.
Friday & Saturday: Kitchen open until midnight
Bar open until 2:00am Friday-Saturday, Monday - Thursday: Bar open til midnight
Sunday: Bar open until 10
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: David McMillan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call for special catering orders.
- Private Party Facilities: Meddlesome Moth has accommodations for parties of virtually any size. Our semi-private room can seat up to 14 guests, or can be reserved for a standing, mingling event for up to 40 guests. We also have a large patio and beer garden that may be reserved for special events up to 100 guests when the weather is nice. For more information, please visit www.mothinthe.net
- Private Party Contact: Annie Shamoon 2146287900x
- Special Events: Meddlesome Moth has accommodations for parties of virtually any size. From small seated dinners in our semi-private room, to cocktail parties on the patio or a buy-out of the space for you and your guests, we endeavor to accommodate most requests. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
A word from Meddlesome Moth
The Meddlesome Moth is Dallas’ most interesting full service restaurant, featuring an honest and flavorful chef driven menu, full service bar, and one of the finest selections of hand-crafted beers in the US. In addition to a changing selection of entrees, our small plates are robustly promoted to encourage sharing. We feature local seasonal menu items and offer fresh blackboard specials daily. Our patio area is spacious for dining al fresco, and reservations are encouraged. At 11pm The Moth transforms into one of Dallas' most comfortable bars and remains so until 2am, Thursday thru Saturday. Closing time is midnight otherwise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Meddlesome Moth - Best Restaurants in Design District ›
Meddlesome Moth reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (120)hot spot (92)neighborhood gem (85)vibrant bar scene (82)good for groups (79)great for lunch (55)great for outdoor dining (45)great for brunch (40)special occasion (39)late-night find (33)romantic (16)notable wine list (12)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Wonderful Family BrunchRebmarmadVIPDined on 10/19/2014We loved it all, from the brunch cocktails to the "Ask" pancake. Planning to do a write up for our blog on txwinelover.com. :-) Look for it Wednesday.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great ambiance and architecture inside the restaurant. The bar area is fabulous with good service. After spending time at the bar we were ushered in for dinner at a table. The food was really good and quite affordable. What was lacking at the table was good service. We had to constantly look for the waiter to order food and drinks. But overall very happy and will visit again. If not for the service I would have opted for 5 stars. Checkout their beer selection. It's the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentgirllovesfoodDined on 10/14/2014The drinks were delicious and service very good, but the food was lackluster. They have a very diverse menu and we didn't try the more adventurous foods so that might have had something to do with it.Special Features:
- Terrific, unique menuYiggyDined on 10/13/2014I was here on a Monday night at 6:00 and they were already very busy. The beer selection is fantastic. The "tapas" type menu is innovative and very well-presented. Can't wait to go back. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Design District StarDHaTTonTTexasDined on 10/6/2014The design district is no longer up and coming, it is here and the Meddlesome Moth is the go-to place. We tend to think of locations off 35 as "over there", but Meddlesome Moth is about 1/2 mile from the Katy Trail head-end near the American Airlines Center and its only a 5 minute drive form the heart of Uptown. One of the most attractive restaurants with interior decor that is off the charts nice. A very diverse menu with something for everyone and the most extensive beer offerings in town. Valet parking with a free parking overflow lot just a short walk away.Special Features:
- Fun evening !LocalsupporterDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed the food and the service with our out of town guests. Be sure to make reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thefixDined on 10/2/2014What's notable is not the wine list but the beer list!Special Features:
- Design District GemdllandesVIPDined on 9/28/2014One of the best Sunday brunch menus around! The bacon is fabulous-thick cut, crispy, and not greasy at all! The featherbed egg casserole is simply devine, and the jalapeno gravy adds a really nice zing of flavor without much heat. My wife had the three-egg omelette and it was cooked perfectly to order-dry, well-done, no oil, no butter--just how she requested it. Service was fantastic, despite the place being completely full at 12:15 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon. It took a little bi to get the food, but considering everything is cooked fresh to order, and there wasn't an empty table to be found, not an issue at all. We have been for lunch, and now brunch, and this place is a definite keeper on our dining list when in Dallas.Special Features:
- always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014have dined several times for dinner but this was our first time to try brunch here and it didn't disappoint. nice big booth in the corner, our server was attentive but not overbearing. brunch cocktails were unique and tasty. food was wonderful - everyone enjoyed their dishes!Special Features:
- Delicious Meatgdi12Dined on 9/27/2014Came here with the guys for a bachelor party. Their selection of beers and mead are on point. The stick meats were fantastic except the lamb which was good but not memorable. Bone marrow and sweet breads were the highlight of the evening. Our server Taylor was knowledgeable and quick to get drinks to our table. He even had some of the female staff visit the table which was an added bonus. I was impressed with how clean the men's room was on a Saturday night. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost very goodpeachesbockVIPDined on 9/25/2014Service and ambiance are very good. My companions liked their food but I did not like the salad special at all. You certainly cannot beat their beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Farm to Market Food!Top10VIPDined on 9/24/2014I was exceptionally pleased with the offerings, and execution here! The food is all fresh, innovative, and the farms from whom the restaurant procures its produce, is listed by name at the bottom of the menu. If you love beer, you will find a book of every varietal imagineable at this venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehFoodCriticDined on 9/23/2014Ambiance was great. Unfortunately, staff was snobbish and unfriendly. Food (so called, Tapas) had no substance. Too much bread, no real food. PS: Mussels were out of their shell, small, and tasteless. Will think not twice, but many times before returning to this restaurant. Convince me otherwise.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchLajs53Dined on 9/23/2014I had lunch with two friends outside on the patio, an fit was very nice. Good food, good service,Special Features:
- NiceNydisDined on 9/22/2014I celebrated my birthday there. Had a great time. The beer flight is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Delicious!addbaddDined on 9/20/2014We were a party of two with a reservation made earlier in the week. The atmosphere was classy and casual and we loved the stained glass windows and layout of the place. Beer flights were great (I don't even like beer and I loved what they had on tap) as well as cocktails. The Moscow Mules are a must. We ordered several small plates, including mussels, and everything tasted amazing. Our server was also amazing and excited about the food and drink. Overall, we had a great time and will be coming back again and again.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerjfrazureVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food and the service were wonderful. We had the perfect beer pairings with our dishes that we ordered. Very neat place.Special Features:
- Date nightPiperKDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful date night dinner last Saturday night. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't perfect. The absolute best part was how knowledgeable our waiter was about the menu and the beers. Everything he recommended was better than what we would have picked out ourselves. Great restaurant, location, menu, staff and beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bone marrow is a must!ltd0713Dined on 9/12/2014The food is delicious and I love the interior. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First TimeJeremiesVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at Meddlesome Moth and it was a great one! We were early for our reservation, but they made it work and were able to seat us on a busy Friday night right away! Everything was excellent from the start. To the greet at the door, the service, the meal, everything! We will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- Well worth a visitNorthyDined on 9/11/2014As Aussie travellers in Dallas for just 3 days we are very pleased that a friend recommended your restaurant. Though 'noisy' for a dinner it was not unbearably loud. The hospitality was open, friendly and engaging. The beer list was awesome though a following drinks prevented us from imbibing on the night. We'd certainly recommend it as a place to enjoy a 2 or 4 person dinner party with pre-dinner drinks at the bar. We felt it was a bit too noisy for 6+ at a table without playing 'musical chairs' at stages during the dinner. Thanks for a memorable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!NotGreatVIPDined on 9/6/2014We could barely talk with each other. Food wasn't good enough to justify putting up with the noise. This was one of the loudest restaurants I've been to in Dallas. Ridiculous.Special Features:
- Incompetent hostessesNot2HappyDined on 9/5/2014We had an 8:30 reservation. We had some traffic and we were 15 minutes late, but we called. When we got there I went to hostesses and said my name. They said our table wasn't ready, yet, but it would be just a few minutes. We waited in bar for 30 min. We saw three sets if couples come in and seated immediately. When we asked about it, they said we were never checked in. So then it was another 15 mjnutes before we were seated. Almost an hour past our reservation time. Then we were seated at a table that had a direct hit from the AC vent, so we froze our whole dinner. We were so uncomfortable. We almost left when they told us we weren't checked in. We should have left, big the food was good.Special Features:
- excellent place to meet andKviylcDined on 9/5/2014experience the vast array of beers. Food portions best shared.
- Awesome beer and great foodDaveSDined on 8/30/2014Beer list - outstanding. Tried stuff I'd never heard of. Waiter was very knowledgeable regarding the beer. Food is great, too, but the Beer is what draws me here.Special Features:
- Always a Good TimejohnVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always love going to the Moth and this was no exception. Food is consistently good and the casual service is just what we are looking for. Fun place to share plates, sample some beer & wine and relax. Nice patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014This used to be one of my favorite restaurants but last visit was disappointing service wise. (and the visit a couple of weeks vefore this one wasn't great either) He made us feel rushed, when we asked about a certain beer he said "It's fine"...no description, nothing more. Had to flag him down mutliple times to get another beer, hostess had to hanlde our check....he just doesn't need to be working at a high volume place like this.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Love good beer and good food, and MM is a great, great spot. I want to try everything on the menu.... four different kinds of mussels... delicious... had the thai mussels, and they were outstanding....Special Features:
- Music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Music was way too loud to carry on conversation and sometimes even understand the waiter. Have some interesting items on menu. Service was uneven--some dishes came out very late. Great beer selection.Special Features:
- Always a treatChuckinAddisonVIPDined on 8/23/2014Every time we go here, we wonder why we don't go more often. Everything is consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLoversAreUsDined on 8/22/2014Great food - the small plates menu is eclectic and interesting which satisfies my husband and I's self-described "foodie tendencies"(the bacon lollipops are amazing!) while the roast chicken is a fav of our teenage boys. The service is also very good and the beer tasting flights are impressive. It’s always a hit and has become our go to place for birthdays and special evenings out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Family FriendlyChemmeDined on 8/22/2014I have been here for lunch and loved it, so I decided to take my wife and daughter out to a nice dinner there. I called ahead to make sure they were family friendly and was assured on the phone that they were. When we arrived our table was ready and we were sat. The server, at that point, was very attentive. However, once we ordered our food we only saw him 2 more times. the first time was to ask if we wanted another drink, and then to ask if we wanted our check. He was, however, very attentive to the table directly next to us. I assume he thought that because we had a child that we would not order many drinks or tip well. We felt ostracized because we had a child with us. We did not feel valued as customers at all.
- GmanVIPDined on 8/21/2014An enjoyable spot for a nice business lunch with friends. The décor is worth the visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDorianBahrDined on 8/19/2014Still one of my top picks in Dallas. I do find it is difficult to order with the "shared plates" format, if you are in a group larger than 4, unless you do the costly ordering of two of everything desired. However the atmosphere and food, beer ans service are always impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICETwinstar3Dined on 8/18/2014Eclectic menu with great specials. We've been several times. The food is always good and the ambiance fun but subtle. Out of perhaps ten visits, we've had fantastic servers nine times and the one exception wasn't bad. Really nice place to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but....LovegoingoutDined on 8/16/2014Shrimp and grits great. Pork belly was almost solid fat though. Hard to get taste out of mouth. Steak skewers good. Fun restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had only visited this place for brunch over a year ago and wanted to try it out for dinner. I ended up making reservations for a bday dinner and we enjoyed every minute of it. It was a bit noisy since it was dinner time and it was packed, but it did not become overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeceivedWouldBGourmetVIPDined on 8/11/2014http://grassfedbeefrestaurants.com/ lists Meddlesome Moth as one of the restaurants that serves grass fed no hormone, humanely raised beef pigs, lamb & poultry. Sadly, the waiter said no even checked with Chef and said that even the beef is only 70% grass fed???it has to be raised and finished grass 100% grass fed in case of beef to be omega 3 (anti-inflammatory) not omega 6 which is not...DO NOT advertise what you are not...Glad they responded honestly when asked. This is a major issue with some of us from a health standpoint. Waiter and staff are top notch.Special Features:
- A favoriteResaDined on 8/10/2014Great place to gather for drinks and shared nibbles. Large craft beer offerings. Food is creative and consistently great. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- MicabyoDined on 8/10/2014The food was excellent, the prices were reasonable and our waitress was so nice.Special Features: