1621 Oak Lawn Ave.
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mothinthe.net/
- Phone: 2146287900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 10:00 pm.
Friday & Saturday: Kitchen open until midnight
Bar open until 2:00am Friday-Saturday, Monday - Thursday: Bar open til midnight
Sunday: Bar open until 10
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: David McMillan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call for special catering orders.
- Private Party Facilities: We can seat 8 to 14 people in our semi-private dining room.
Standing parties - up to 50
- Private Party Contact: Liza Alaniz 2146287900x
A word from Meddlesome Moth
The Meddlesome Moth is Dallas’ most interesting full service restaurant, featuring an honest and flavorful chef driven menu, full service bar, and one of the finest selections of hand-crafted beers in the US. In addition to a changing selection of entrees, our small plates are robustly promoted to encourage sharing. We feature local seasonal menu items and offer fresh blackboard specials daily. Our patio area is spacious for dining al fresco, and reservations are encouraged. At 11pm The Moth transforms into one of Dallas' most comfortable bars and remains so until 2am, Thursday thru Saturday. Closing time is midnight otherwise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meddlesome Moth reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (131)neighborhood gem (91)hot spot (90)vibrant bar scene (86)good for groups (84)great for lunch (64)great for outdoor dining (50)great for brunch (45)special occasion (41)late-night find (33)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great anniversary dinnerjfrazureVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food and the service were wonderful. We had the perfect beer pairings with our dishes that we ordered. Very neat place.Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful date night dinner last Saturday night. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't perfect. The absolute best part was how knowledgeable our waiter was about the menu and the beers. Everything he recommended was better than what we would have picked out ourselves. Great restaurant, location, menu, staff and beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bone marrow is a must!ltd0713Dined on 9/12/2014The food is delicious and I love the interior. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First TimeJeremiesVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at Meddlesome Moth and it was a great one! We were early for our reservation, but they made it work and were able to seat us on a busy Friday night right away! Everything was excellent from the start. To the greet at the door, the service, the meal, everything! We will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- Well worth a visitNorthyDined on 9/11/2014As Aussie travellers in Dallas for just 3 days we are very pleased that a friend recommended your restaurant. Though 'noisy' for a dinner it was not unbearably loud. The hospitality was open, friendly and engaging. The beer list was awesome though a following drinks prevented us from imbibing on the night. We'd certainly recommend it as a place to enjoy a 2 or 4 person dinner party with pre-dinner drinks at the bar. We felt it was a bit too noisy for 6+ at a table without playing 'musical chairs' at stages during the dinner. Thanks for a memorable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!NotGreatVIPDined on 9/6/2014We could barely talk with each other. Food wasn't good enough to justify putting up with the noise. This was one of the loudest restaurants I've been to in Dallas. Ridiculous.Special Features:
- Incompetent hostessesNot2HappyDined on 9/5/2014We had an 8:30 reservation. We had some traffic and we were 15 minutes late, but we called. When we got there I went to hostesses and said my name. They said our table wasn't ready, yet, but it would be just a few minutes. We waited in bar for 30 min. We saw three sets if couples come in and seated immediately. When we asked about it, they said we were never checked in. So then it was another 15 mjnutes before we were seated. Almost an hour past our reservation time. Then we were seated at a table that had a direct hit from the AC vent, so we froze our whole dinner. We were so uncomfortable. We almost left when they told us we weren't checked in. We should have left, big the food was good.Special Features:
- excellent place to meet andKviylcDined on 9/5/2014experience the vast array of beers. Food portions best shared.
- Awesome beer and great foodDaveSDined on 8/30/2014Beer list - outstanding. Tried stuff I'd never heard of. Waiter was very knowledgeable regarding the beer. Food is great, too, but the Beer is what draws me here.Special Features:
- Always a Good TimejohnVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always love going to the Moth and this was no exception. Food is consistently good and the casual service is just what we are looking for. Fun place to share plates, sample some beer & wine and relax. Nice patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014This used to be one of my favorite restaurants but last visit was disappointing service wise. (and the visit a couple of weeks vefore this one wasn't great either) He made us feel rushed, when we asked about a certain beer he said "It's fine"...no description, nothing more. Had to flag him down mutliple times to get another beer, hostess had to hanlde our check....he just doesn't need to be working at a high volume place like this.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Love good beer and good food, and MM is a great, great spot. I want to try everything on the menu.... four different kinds of mussels... delicious... had the thai mussels, and they were outstanding....Special Features:
- Music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Music was way too loud to carry on conversation and sometimes even understand the waiter. Have some interesting items on menu. Service was uneven--some dishes came out very late. Great beer selection.Special Features:
- Always a treatChuckinAddisonVIPDined on 8/23/2014Every time we go here, we wonder why we don't go more often. Everything is consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLoversAreUsDined on 8/22/2014Great food - the small plates menu is eclectic and interesting which satisfies my husband and I's self-described "foodie tendencies"(the bacon lollipops are amazing!) while the roast chicken is a fav of our teenage boys. The service is also very good and the beer tasting flights are impressive. It’s always a hit and has become our go to place for birthdays and special evenings out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Family FriendlyChemmeDined on 8/22/2014I have been here for lunch and loved it, so I decided to take my wife and daughter out to a nice dinner there. I called ahead to make sure they were family friendly and was assured on the phone that they were. When we arrived our table was ready and we were sat. The server, at that point, was very attentive. However, once we ordered our food we only saw him 2 more times. the first time was to ask if we wanted another drink, and then to ask if we wanted our check. He was, however, very attentive to the table directly next to us. I assume he thought that because we had a child that we would not order many drinks or tip well. We felt ostracized because we had a child with us. We did not feel valued as customers at all.
- GmanVIPDined on 8/21/2014An enjoyable spot for a nice business lunch with friends. The décor is worth the visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDorianBahrDined on 8/19/2014Still one of my top picks in Dallas. I do find it is difficult to order with the "shared plates" format, if you are in a group larger than 4, unless you do the costly ordering of two of everything desired. However the atmosphere and food, beer ans service are always impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICETwinstar3Dined on 8/18/2014Eclectic menu with great specials. We've been several times. The food is always good and the ambiance fun but subtle. Out of perhaps ten visits, we've had fantastic servers nine times and the one exception wasn't bad. Really nice place to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but....LovegoingoutDined on 8/16/2014Shrimp and grits great. Pork belly was almost solid fat though. Hard to get taste out of mouth. Steak skewers good. Fun restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had only visited this place for brunch over a year ago and wanted to try it out for dinner. I ended up making reservations for a bday dinner and we enjoyed every minute of it. It was a bit noisy since it was dinner time and it was packed, but it did not become overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeceivedWouldBGourmetVIPDined on 8/11/2014http://grassfedbeefrestaurants.com/ lists Meddlesome Moth as one of the restaurants that serves grass fed no hormone, humanely raised beef pigs, lamb & poultry. Sadly, the waiter said no even checked with Chef and said that even the beef is only 70% grass fed???it has to be raised and finished grass 100% grass fed in case of beef to be omega 3 (anti-inflammatory) not omega 6 which is not...DO NOT advertise what you are not...Glad they responded honestly when asked. This is a major issue with some of us from a health standpoint. Waiter and staff are top notch.Special Features:
- A favoriteResaDined on 8/10/2014Great place to gather for drinks and shared nibbles. Large craft beer offerings. Food is creative and consistently great. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- MicabyoDined on 8/10/2014The food was excellent, the prices were reasonable and our waitress was so nice.Special Features:
- Very Interesting MenuTheCloserDined on 8/7/2014The food at the Moth was delicious, and very interesting. I am very impressed with the variety of tastes that are available here.Special Features:
- Amazing beers and food!FMgoesoutDined on 8/7/2014Love the way the menu is set up. All the food is served to share! We really enjoyed the hummus, which was slightly spicy, and caramelized brussel sprouts, which were broiled to perfection. Excellent beer choices from local small batch breweries-- Old Rasputin was the most deliciously drinkable stout I've had in years. Create your own beer flight option is popular and allows you to try five different selections. Great place for couples who like to eat off each others plates normally! Loved the decor--can't miss with stained glass with Elvis as King!Special Features:
- So good, so goodbumboclotDined on 8/6/2014Awesome that they paired beers with dishes. Also, get the Thai mussels, you will be happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014I can't say enough good things about the Moth. It is my husband's favorite place to eat and drink hands down. We have tried the brunch a few times, which does not disappoint. We do tend to go for dinner and have yet to have a bad meal. The hummus is a MUST. There burger rates as one of my top 5 burgers I have ever had. My husband LOVES the bacon lollipops and usually gets those for dessert. During this last visit we were talked into trying the creme brulee, which is usually just an OK dessert choice for me. Let me tell you this was the BEST creme brulee I have EVER had. It was simply devine. I really can't forget to mention the amazing beer selection and fantastic drinks they offer all served by the best wait staff. YOU MUST GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible GrazingPositiveEnerGDined on 8/1/2014I travel a lot on business and do a lot of business entertaining. On my most recent trip to Dallas, saved the last day in town for fun dining with people I actually enjoy personally, not just professionally. This place was fantastic and a nice change of pace from typically boring steakhouse experience. We grazed. We ordered two of 2-3 dishes and kept repeating. LOTS of creative, well-prepared, unique dishes. Incredible craft beer list and some guests enjoyed wine. We ordered and ate and shared and repeated until we couldn't eat anymore. I'll be back.Special Features:
- BirthdayGirlDined on 7/31/2014Every dish we shared was outstanding. Atmosphere was energetic and fun. Great service and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RapperDined on 7/30/2014Celebrated our son's 22nd birthday. Perfect fit for brewski lovers and foodies. The plate sharing was awesome- the food amazing and loved the beer flight! The quail was so flavorful complemented by the cornbread and red cabbage. The bacon lollipops although so rich we're creative and d-lish! It was almost like dessert! We look forward to another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for groupsFourpatsDined on 7/26/2014Long beer list with fun descriptions. Interesting food, it's really fun to go with a group and order lots of plates to taste. Our hands-down table winner was Shrimp and Grits. Also had ribs, burrata, pork belly and mussels. Everything we had was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyumDined on 7/25/2014Very interesting menu, excellent service. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTomBDined on 7/24/2014First, the service was great. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgable on the menu, including the beer. We ordered four dishes to share between two of us. Everything we got was delicious. Dessert was great too. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- High five!SeafoodcriticsDined on 7/23/2014One of the most impressive beer selections in Dallas! Great tapas style food options. Perfect for happy hour or casual dinner. Nice folks behind the bar and waiting on the tables. Make reservations if you are planning to sit at a table during dinner time.Special Features:
- happyeaterDined on 7/23/2014Five of us met for lunch - delightful waitress, very good service, most meals great. First visit for 3 at the table - they enjoyed it. We will all be back.Special Features:
- My new favorite place!ffpara203Dined on 7/18/2014Been here alot so this is getting kinda of monotonous.... This place is awesome! If you love beer and great food and great service this is the place to go! Never disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseKaylynVIPDined on 7/16/2014I did not expect to find such a gem in Dallas, the land of barbecue and Tex-Mex. The Meddlesome Moth has fantastically creative, well-edited, selection of food and cocktails as well as interesting selection of wines. I loved the deviled eggs, meat on a stick (I had the lamb), and the brussel sprouts. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu offerings, there when we needed her to be and very pleasant. I am fortunate to dine out quite a bit during my business travels and I have to say that this was one of the best dining experiences I've had in quite some time. I will return to the area again in a month and I'm already thinking about my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DallasLobsterVIPDined on 7/14/2014Had lnch and the food was delicious, loved the fresh local ingredients...especially the egg on the cobb salad. Ginger ice cream to die for! The music level was too loud. When we first came in we asked the hostess to turn it down. She complied, but then when more people started arriving the music was turned up again...to the point that my friend and I had difficulty hearing each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!twoclicksDined on 7/12/2014Where do I start? Beer. There's no comparison. If you like deep, eclectic beer lists, this is your place. You can now build your own flights for $20 (including a selected casked beer!). You should always get two or four shared plates for your group. I suggest the chicken skin chips. Coupled with a flight, buckle up. We had the special, pork t-bone braised in apple cider, with a green apple chimichurri. It was incredible.Special Features: