1621 Oak Lawn Ave.
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mothinthe.net/
- Phone: (214) 628-7900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 10:00 pm.
Friday & Saturday: Kitchen open until midnight
Bar open until 2:00am Friday-Saturday, Monday - Thursday: Bar open til midnight
Sunday: Bar open until 10
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: David McMillan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call for special catering orders.
- Special Events: Meddlesome Moth has accommodations for parties of virtually any size. From small seated dinners in our semi-private room, to cocktail parties on the patio or a buy-out of the space for you and your guests, we endeavor to accommodate most requests. Please contact email@example.com for more information
A word from Meddlesome Moth
The Meddlesome Moth is Dallas’ most interesting full service restaurant, featuring an honest and flavorful chef driven menu, full service bar, and one of the finest selections of hand-crafted beers in the US. In addition to a changing selection of entrees, our small plates are robustly promoted to encourage sharing. We feature local seasonal menu items and offer fresh blackboard specials daily. Our patio area is spacious for dining al fresco, and reservations are encouraged. At 11pm The Moth transforms into one of Dallas' most comfortable bars and remains so until 2am, Thursday thru Saturday. Closing time is midnight otherwise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Meddlesome Moth - Best Restaurants in Design District ›
Meddlesome Moth reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (128)hot spot (99)vibrant bar scene (87)neighborhood gem (83)good for groups (77)great for lunch (53)great for outdoor dining (53)special occasion (42)great for brunch (39)late-night find (35)notable wine list (18)romantic (17)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- A great place for a late bite.BruceTexasVIPDined on 11/20/2014The Moth has an excellent selection of beer and small plates or tapas. There are so many beer choices you may become overwhelmed. To bad the pot pies were gone by the time we arrived at 9:30 PM. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place in Dallas near the AnatoleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Fabulous beer selection. Great food, very fun atmosphere and our waiter was funny and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014We had made a reservation and the table was ready when we arrived, which was nice. Our table was located in between like two bus areas so that was kind of annoying. The wait staff was constantly walking right by us to enter orders in the computer or refill tea bla bla bla. Our waitress was wonderful and very knowledgeable. The food was great but I couldn't believe the pate was not there anymore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014This is a great place to bring your friends and enjoy casual dining. The Tapas Menu is great and the food is delicious. Don't forget to try 50 different beer selections on TAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Share plates are so much fun.BugboyDined on 11/16/2014I had some sort of whiskey drink (Bulleit Bourbon) that set the tone for the evening. Perfect pairing with our very meaty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BenLDined on 11/15/2014The experience is always fun at Meddlesome; the beer list is great, and the variety of different plates to split is appealing. However, every time I leave I'm always left with a very mediocre taste in my mouth about the food I just had. We split the Hungry Farmer (their version of a charcuterie board) which had 3 cheeses and 3 meats. None of the cheeses were notable and the meats were lacking anything worth mentioning, except one which was pretty awful and seemed to be some kind of attempted fancy take on bologna. We then split their burger, which is always very good. We decided we were still hungry and tried the "steak and frites" which is just a bland, flavorless piece of steak with the same french fries that came with the burger. Again, I do enjoy the restaurant, I just think their food could use some improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014The attendant was very arrogant and extremely rude during my whole experience. My colleges were uncomfortable for me during the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and fun spot for lunchLLinDallasDined on 11/13/2014I took my mom and 2 colleagues to lunch at the Meddlesome Moth this week, and we all really enjoyed it! The sandwiches (I had the One-Eyed Jack; one colleague had the BLT, and my mom had the lamb gyro) were tasty. Good, grilled bread, nice portion and fresh, quality ingredients. I thought mine was just a tad salty, but it was tasty overall. Food was served promptly. Noise level was a little loud during the lunch rush. We had to talk loudly to hear each other, but toward the end of our leisurely lunch, things got a lot quieter and it was easier to talk. The day we went, there was no tea, and other hot drink options were also limited. A colleague asked for cappucino; there wasn't any. I asked for soy milk for my coffee; there wasn't any. And as I said, no tea of any kind. Apparently the order didn't come in. The server wasn't too apologetic about it, though, which was a bit off-putting. The french-press coffee was excellent, though. Overall, we would come back and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rgriffin87Dined on 11/12/2014Wonderful expereience. we really enjoyed our time. Only thing was that I was told they do a dessert for Birthday and he did not which is not a huge deal but I just wish the message would have gotten accross because I did have to ask privately for the server to put a candle in his dessert that we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best beers in TowncitymomDined on 11/11/2014I am a total beer snob and therefore love Meddlesome Moth! It is so difficult to find somewhere with great food and good beers but this place has it all. The Thai mussels are one of my favorites along with the cheese plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Matt ...and bacon!the4rojosVIPDined on 11/8/2014What a wonderful evening at MM! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit last night. It was a wonderful dining experience and that is due to our outstanding server, Matt. He is full of personality and joy; it made the night very memorable. We would come back for him even if the food and ambience wasn't outstanding too! However, it was delicious! The pork belly appetizer was exciting and yummy, as was the hummus; probably the freshest and best hummus I've eaten. The roasted chicken with cauliflower purée and asparagus was well prepared, as well. The pot pie was burnt, but it was comped, so no harm done. The kids loved their fries that they ordered on the side. We didn't get dessert (we are low carbing it), but they had wonderful choices. You must go!Special Features:
- Food and BeerRRDEWDined on 11/8/2014Our table shared everything we ordered so everyone could try as much as possible. There were no bad dishes, and several excellent ones. Our waiter was informed about the food and the vast selection of excellent beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Share food spot in DallasBBCPDXDined on 11/7/2014Loved that you could get a group together and share small bites. We had fun in our booth, where we could all chat comfortably and share the very active view of the room. It's a little noisy in there, so if there's anything the restaurant can to do mitigate the din, it would be nice. Otherwise, a fun and bright spot in this side of Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/6/2014Good food. Excellent selection of beer. Fair price.Special Features:
- Yummygrebro66Dined on 11/3/2014Great location, great food and excellent service. They had a little glitch with getting a server to our table but recovered expertly and offered free dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!dllandesVIPDined on 11/2/2014One of the better brunch locales in the Dallas area. Service started off really bad, having to wait for a server for quite a long while. Flagged down the manager and brought it to her attention, and she immediately took care of the situation. After that, it was spot on, as is usually the case. The short rib hash is definitely a go-to dish, but it is a huge portion. Order an extra side of eggs, and maybe a side of bacon, and breakfast for two is made! The french press coffee is really good too. It does get crowded, so make reservations early in the week if planning to dine for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- We Loved It!MorriDDined on 11/1/2014Our server was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable about the drinks and food. My husband is a real foodie who wants to know how dishes are prepared, etc. The one question she did not know the answer to, she asked and cheerfully came back with the answer. The entire staff seem to work together beautifully. We chose to share plates as we like to try as many dishes and flavors as possible without getting stuffed. Our four selections were each presented very well and were delicious! We had a wonderful evening and look forward to returning and trying out more of their tasty concoctions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencerichardkDined on 10/31/2014Overall, great experience. Food was excellent - my favorite of the night being shrimp and grits. My wife and I are craft beer nerds - they had an excellent selection. My only issue was MM did not have one of the beers that they were advertised to have that night. Other than that - service was great - our reservation was ready when we arrived - and overall fun time for my wife and me.Special Features:
- kkjaVIPDined on 10/26/2014Fabulous food and amazing service! Took my dad there and he said he'd eat the pot pie every day if he could!!!Special Features:
- Overall...so amazing!!JR007Dined on 10/25/2014Simply put, the food was perfect...the service was outstanding and we couldn't be more pleased. The wine list is fairly large, as are the draft beers, which are tasty. Overall, this isn't your average restaurant and you have go outside your norm and definitely try The Moth...you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Wonderful Family BrunchRebmarmadVIPDined on 10/19/2014We loved it all, from the brunch cocktails to the "Ask" pancake. Planning to do a write up for our blog on txwinelover.com. :-) Look for it Wednesday.Special Features:
- Great place!SalTheCatDined on 10/18/2014Great ambiance and architecture inside the restaurant. The bar area is fabulous with good service. After spending time at the bar we were ushered in for dinner at a table. The food was really good and quite affordable. What was lacking at the table was good service. We had to constantly look for the waiter to order food and drinks. But overall very happy and will visit again. If not for the service I would have opted for 5 stars. Checkout their beer selection. It's the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentgirllovesfoodDined on 10/14/2014The drinks were delicious and service very good, but the food was lackluster. They have a very diverse menu and we didn't try the more adventurous foods so that might have had something to do with it.Special Features:
- Terrific, unique menuYiggyDined on 10/13/2014I was here on a Monday night at 6:00 and they were already very busy. The beer selection is fantastic. The "tapas" type menu is innovative and very well-presented. Can't wait to go back. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Design District StarDHaTTonTTexasDined on 10/6/2014The design district is no longer up and coming, it is here and the Meddlesome Moth is the go-to place. We tend to think of locations off 35 as "over there", but Meddlesome Moth is about 1/2 mile from the Katy Trail head-end near the American Airlines Center and its only a 5 minute drive form the heart of Uptown. One of the most attractive restaurants with interior decor that is off the charts nice. A very diverse menu with something for everyone and the most extensive beer offerings in town. Valet parking with a free parking overflow lot just a short walk away.Special Features:
- Fun evening !LocalsupporterDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed the food and the service with our out of town guests. Be sure to make reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thefixDined on 10/2/2014What's notable is not the wine list but the beer list!Special Features:
- Design District GemdllandesVIPDined on 9/28/2014One of the best Sunday brunch menus around! The bacon is fabulous-thick cut, crispy, and not greasy at all! The featherbed egg casserole is simply devine, and the jalapeno gravy adds a really nice zing of flavor without much heat. My wife had the three-egg omelette and it was cooked perfectly to order-dry, well-done, no oil, no butter--just how she requested it. Service was fantastic, despite the place being completely full at 12:15 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon. It took a little bi to get the food, but considering everything is cooked fresh to order, and there wasn't an empty table to be found, not an issue at all. We have been for lunch, and now brunch, and this place is a definite keeper on our dining list when in Dallas.Special Features:
- always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014have dined several times for dinner but this was our first time to try brunch here and it didn't disappoint. nice big booth in the corner, our server was attentive but not overbearing. brunch cocktails were unique and tasty. food was wonderful - everyone enjoyed their dishes!Special Features:
- Delicious Meatgdi12Dined on 9/27/2014Came here with the guys for a bachelor party. Their selection of beers and mead are on point. The stick meats were fantastic except the lamb which was good but not memorable. Bone marrow and sweet breads were the highlight of the evening. Our server Taylor was knowledgeable and quick to get drinks to our table. He even had some of the female staff visit the table which was an added bonus. I was impressed with how clean the men's room was on a Saturday night. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost very goodpeachesbockVIPDined on 9/25/2014Service and ambiance are very good. My companions liked their food but I did not like the salad special at all. You certainly cannot beat their beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Farm to Market Food!Top10VIPDined on 9/24/2014I was exceptionally pleased with the offerings, and execution here! The food is all fresh, innovative, and the farms from whom the restaurant procures its produce, is listed by name at the bottom of the menu. If you love beer, you will find a book of every varietal imagineable at this venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehFoodCriticDined on 9/23/2014Ambiance was great. Unfortunately, staff was snobbish and unfriendly. Food (so called, Tapas) had no substance. Too much bread, no real food. PS: Mussels were out of their shell, small, and tasteless. Will think not twice, but many times before returning to this restaurant. Convince me otherwise.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchLajs53Dined on 9/23/2014I had lunch with two friends outside on the patio, an fit was very nice. Good food, good service,Special Features:
- NiceNydisDined on 9/22/2014I celebrated my birthday there. Had a great time. The beer flight is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Delicious!addbaddDined on 9/20/2014We were a party of two with a reservation made earlier in the week. The atmosphere was classy and casual and we loved the stained glass windows and layout of the place. Beer flights were great (I don't even like beer and I loved what they had on tap) as well as cocktails. The Moscow Mules are a must. We ordered several small plates, including mussels, and everything tasted amazing. Our server was also amazing and excited about the food and drink. Overall, we had a great time and will be coming back again and again.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerjfrazureVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food and the service were wonderful. We had the perfect beer pairings with our dishes that we ordered. Very neat place.Special Features:
- Date nightPiperKDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful date night dinner last Saturday night. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't perfect. The absolute best part was how knowledgeable our waiter was about the menu and the beers. Everything he recommended was better than what we would have picked out ourselves. Great restaurant, location, menu, staff and beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bone marrow is a must!ltd0713Dined on 9/12/2014The food is delicious and I love the interior. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First TimeJeremiesVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at Meddlesome Moth and it was a great one! We were early for our reservation, but they made it work and were able to seat us on a busy Friday night right away! Everything was excellent from the start. To the greet at the door, the service, the meal, everything! We will absolutely be back!Special Features: