2614 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
EgyptianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.medaterradc.com/
- Phone: 2027970400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Daily: 10:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Egyptian, American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We do offer catering, call for our special menu and pricing
- Private Party Facilities: Host your next private event at Medaterra and make it one to remember. Allow our skilled chefs and attentive waitstaff to meet your unique needs and exceed every expectation.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8667527386
- Special Events: Medaterra seats 120 people and we also offer close out deals
A word from Medaterra
Come experience the unique and succulent flavors that mark the food of Medaterra. A neighborhood bistro that specializes in unique twists on familiar Mediterranean fare. We have an extensive menu that is sure to please whether you seek vegetarian fare, meat, or seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Medaterra reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (1)Show More
- Birthday wish!FrankDined on 9/10/2014Very happy that we choose this restaurant, the service was outstanding. The waitress was very attentive and friendly. Really enjoyed the marmar and Egyptian bean salad. My husband enjoyed his seafood linguini. They treated us with free dessert since it was my birthday. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best hummus ever!!!PatrickDined on 9/2/2014We are happy we found this gem!! It's an Egyptian restaurant. The waitress was very friendly and was able to answer all our questions. The food was full of flavor. We sat on the patio which was busy but very much fun!! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinning experiencesusanDined on 9/1/2014It was our first time dinning at an Egyptian restaurant and I must say it was delicious. We had the hummus special which was one of the best I have ever had. And I would recommend the lamb shank. The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lamb!!!!NikkiDined on 9/1/2014We were suppose to be just 2 people but ended up with 8 people and the hostess was very accomending. Our server was Astrid and I must admit she was amazing. She gave us free shots since it was my friends birthday and on top of that free dessert. The drinks were very tastey. I love the vanilla sky martini. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingwoodcutter22VIPDined on 8/28/2014I ordered a steak and shrimp--specified medium rare, it arrived smothered in a shrimp sauce and well done. They took it right back, less sauce and medium, but TOUGH. The watermelon-tomatoe gazpacho was pretty good, though nothing special. The restaurant was empty, so it was quiet for a nice chat, most people were outdoors. This might be ok for snacks and a drink, but if there are a few better places on that little stretch of Conn Ave near the Marriott.
- Lousy menu, no serviceFeedMeDined on 8/27/2014When we arrived and told the hostess that we had a reservation, she looked at us like she had never heard the word before. No smile, no "Welcome to Medaterra!". It was quite warm & humid outside, so we asked for indoor seating -- it was even hotter in there, as they apparently don't use A/C. So, we had her show us to an outdoor table, where we were given water and menus and then ignored while the few other diners around us were served. We perused the limited menu, and found that it didn't offer the Mediterranean cuisine we had anticipated -- not even a basic Greek salad! After waiting for over 10 minutes in the oppressive heat for someone to at least acknowledge our presence and take our drink order, we got up and left.
- Not Greatetp10Dined on 7/23/2014Medaterra certainly isn't the best food I've ever had but it seems to be a popular happy hour spot, the service was adequate but I can't say I recommend trying it.Special Features:
- andoDined on 6/28/2014everything was great except the waitress brought me the wrong drink. but i'd still go there again!Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Medaterra reviews archive.
- THIS PLACE!bDotReneVIPDined on 5/22/2014I love Medatrra. I stumbled on this place the day on the MLK memorial unveiling and I visit frequently when the weather is really nice. They have indoor seating, but who wants to sit inside with beautiful Adam's Morgan around you?! They have $1, $3, $5 specials EVERYDAY! The margarita are great, and for $3 you can't go wrong. The chicken wings ($3) are great! And believe it or not, you will get full off of their $5 1/2 cheeseburger. I've loved this place for a while, so now that it's on OT, I will rack up on some points this summer :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneRKS612VIPDined on 5/9/2014Brought a big group for a family celebration, and everyone enjoyed the meal! Delicious variety of appetizers and entrees, excellent service, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendswyoshellDined on 3/8/2014A group of us went here because we were staying at the Omni. I found the place online and read other comments. I was with folks from small-town Wyoming and worried that it might be too "cultural" for them. The food was GREAT!! Lots of good, home-style choices. Everyone was very happy with the dinner. The wine list was fine, not great. The service could have been better, but was fine. They gave us a free greek dessert just because, which was nice. It felt special. One of our party was in a wheelchair and the were very accommodating without being uncomfortable. I appreciate that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, easy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2014Noisy, but enjoyable. We got a bunch of appetizers and the food was very good and more than enough for two of us. Service was quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Book clubNefertitiDined on 1/14/2014I led a book club discussion at this restaurant. In our club, we try to theme the book to the restaurant. As our book was themed with ancient egypt, we found that this place had some lovely options - includes a salad, entree and a dessert recommended by the server. It was a delightful experience. our host was very considerate and a acommodating as they set our table near the rear of the restaurant in a conducive environment for the book discussion. also, they had a great all night happy hour that we certainly took advantage of. hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudPounceDined on 11/18/2013Our party of 4 could not hear each other because it was so loud. The food was ok. The calamari gave our jaws quite a workout, but some of the small plates were very good - especially the corn & spinach risotto. The wait staff was friendly, but the service was uneven. On the other hand, it was crowded and people seemed to be having fun.Special Features:
- We split several appetizerstobysmomDined on 10/26/2013We split several appetizers and they were all good. The $3 margaritas tasted like there wasn't a bit of alcohol in them; more like a slushy than a drink. The wait staff were all very nice and attentive. Will go back!Special Features:
- First and hopefully last visitErdalVIPDined on 9/27/2013The food was not good, or the best dish was very average. Even though we were sitting outside, they had music blasting from a low quality speaker; i.e. noisy. Overall it wasn't a good dining experience.
- Great night!dre92077Dined on 9/21/2013Went with a group of girls to start our Saturday girls night out. The food, drinks and service were amazing. Happy hour drink prices on Saturday night, yes please! Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Great spot, we'll def. be back!DinersDriveInsandDebDined on 9/21/2013Food was delicious -- extensive menu of Med standards, but many with creative twists. We shared several apps and a couple of mains. Appetizer portions were generous. Standouts: shrimp with garlic + the grilled lamb chop. For tapas-style dining, this is a fab, affordable option. The lamb shank main course was fall-off-the-bone tender and flavorful. Menu's great for low carb/gluten free. One quibble: very limited choice of wine by the glass. All staff very friendly and responsive. Patio looked lovely but due to rain we sat inside. Decor is warm and colorful, but could use some updating (chairs look straight from a hotel meeting room), but once it gets crowded its not that noticeable. Couples, families, groups all seem equally at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2013Indoors was bustling and energetic, outdoors was calm and relaxed. Food was good, service was great. Happy hour specials were amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent service. Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013Excellent service. Very good special offers. Diverse offerings. Tasty food.Special Features:
- It was our third time hereEnergeticVIPDined on 6/28/2013It was our third time here and they exceeded our expectations. We were there for dinner this time. The delicious food came out in a timely fashion and service was perfect! Save room for desert. This is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "discovery"birthdaygirlDined on 6/18/2013A wonderful neighborhood surprise. Went there for a birthday. Been in this neighborhood for ten years and always just walked by. But needed an easy place for a special occasion and it was perfect. Great food. GREAT service, and a lot of fun. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fine- we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2013The food was fine- we had lamb screwer that weren't good but everything is was fine and if you want to sit outside in that neighborhood it's a good choice.Special Features:
- I have been to many MediterraneanMikeVIPDined on 4/5/2013I have been to many Mediterranean restaurants in the District. This is by far the best!!Special Features:
- I love this restaurant. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013I love this restaurant. We had an outstanding experience dining here. Our waitress was very friendly. Me and my husband shared lamb shank and their fresh catch. Yummy!!!! we loved it both. It was delicious. And at the end we were served yummy desert on the house. Lucky us!!! All I can say is Great Service, Great food and Great atmosphere. Definitely going back......Special Features: