3011 Yamato Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33434Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meatballroom.com/
- Phone: 5614094111
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Meatball Room
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meatball Room reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (31)vibrant bar scene (30)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (18)special occasion (12)late-night find (9)great for lunch (7)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- FillingTheBestVIPDined on 10/13/2014Excellent food. A little pricey for meatballs. Great salads. Excellent happy hour 4-6. Limited bar bites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid Ladies night!JerryDined on 10/8/2014The food was delicious and plentiful but...It was ladies night and no matter how far we sat from the bar and music, we could not hear the conversation at our table. Multiple requests to our waiter to tone it down went unanswered. Perhaps our waiter could not hear our request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD1205bocaDined on 10/5/2014We went early for dinner so the noise level was null. We went for the food and it was worth it. They do many activities and sounded like a fun place besides the food. Its definitely a place to re visit ! I have been to the NY Meatballs place and this one was I think better !Special Features:
- excellent findfoodloverVIPDined on 10/2/2014Food is excellent; portions are large; service has improved tremendously, and was excellent! The salads are delicious, the specials are fabulous! Great neighborhood place with great food. Suggestion: share a salad and an entree!Special Features:
- Loud...almost Club-likebiedsVIPDined on 10/1/2014Went for a weeknight dinner and there was a dj set up in the bar. Extraordinarily loud. The bar is directly next to the dining room. Therefore, you had club music while at dinner. It was fun, but if you want something more serene this is NOT the place for you. The food was quite good. We had veal meatballs and chicken scarparella (sp?). Both dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family place!HarrisDined on 9/28/2014As per my 12 yr olds request we ate at The Meatball room Sunday night. We have eaten there several times before. The food has been consistently good but the service is lacking. The waitstaff is always extremely nice but It seems like we are always looking for the waitress/waiter. They need to be a little more attentive. When we 1st arrived it was still light out but after the sun went down the it was very dark inside. Overall we all had a delicious meal and a great time followed by a tremendous ice cream brownie sundae that we all shared. The portions were large enough for leftovers. And all of our meals came out correct and hot! We will definitely go back soon. My kids love it there!! Great neighborhood place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meatballDiamondDaveDined on 9/27/2014It may be bold to name yourself the meatball room but the realyy back it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the meatballs!BiancoDined on 9/26/2014The food was fabulous and our waiter, Bradley was great! The flavoring of the food was outstanding. Anyone who know Italian food will enjoy this food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, quality and portion. Noise level in restaurant, particularly from children, detracted from overall exerience
- 2nd & last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Walking in, there was a radio show being broadcast live from the bar area which caused it to very loud. Upon being seated, we saw a guy making balloon animals for the kids and a number of kids were running around. We ordered drinks and a pizza for starters. Pizza was very good and a nice size. We then ordered our 3 entrees and upon delivery, two of them were wrong and also drowned in sauce. The server was very apologetic but he helped deliver them so it means he never bothered to check if they were right. It took about 15 minutes to replace the entrees and I would call them ordinary, same as you would get at a pizza place, not a fine dining establishment. There are so many other good Italian restaurants in the area so we will not return.
- Meatballs to eat. To loud to talk.MeatballsDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was nice and very clean. The waiter however took forever to actually come and take a drink order. Then again to order food. We were there pretty early so it wasn't really crowded. Food was good. I wasn't in love with this place.Special Features:
- BodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014very noisey.. much to much going on to really enjoy the good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go againnanaDined on 9/1/2014We celebrated our daughter's birthday and will definitely return - great new find for our familySpecial Features:
- Reception Not FriendlyLeeKDined on 8/30/2014The women working the reception area were not friendly at all.Special Features:
- fun eating placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We like to go with a group, 6 or so and order lots of appetizers It is a fun placeSpecial Features:
- DissappointingShortyDined on 8/29/2014We had been there before and the food and service was good, but it was not this time. My alcoholic beverage was wrong, Chicken dish was not thoroughly cooked and our waiter was slow and non-attentive. Will not go back and will not recommend the restaurant to friends.
- The Hostess is RUDE!FoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been many times and every time the hostess has been RUDE! She looks down her nose at you when asking what she can do for you. If you don't have a reservation she is even nastier. If you do have a reservation she will literally size you, and your party, up and then decide if you are cool enough to sit where you can be seen. Get a new hostess and earn 5 stars!!!!!Special Features:
- Food was really really goodKatieBDined on 8/24/2014The meatballs of course were really good, and the 4 cheese ravoli was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014THE VEAL PARM WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Spoiled by ServiceFamilyDinerDined on 8/22/2014We have been to Meatball Room many times with a number of different people starting about when they opened for business. The food has always been excellent...especially my favorite, the Strawberry Cheesecake Sunday or whatever they call it. The problem is that except for 1 out of maybe 8 or 10 visits, we have had service ranging from adequate to poor. Sometimes it seems as if the waitperson may be new and they are trying. Sometimes they just don't know how to handle a situation. From the first two times when I tried to use the Android App they put out and not even the manager knew what it was to the time the waiter couldn't understand that my gift card was only paying for half the bill and then couldn't figure out how to fix it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy on Wednesday Ladies NightDelrayDollVIPDined on 8/20/2014Decided last minute to eat here for first time. Didn't realize Wed is ladies night -- free drinks in the bar. Sat in dining room but couldn't hear each other. Appetizer order got delayed; wasn't charged which was nice. My evening special of shrimp w/Dijon/risotto was very good. Hubby had the spicy meatballs (2) with spaghetti. We took home 1/2 the portions. Good food but way too noisy for us.Special Features:
- SKIP ITstklvrDined on 8/5/2014WOW! What a disappointment - we found the food tasteless and bland. Everyone was raving about the meatballs - mine are much better. The acoustics are terrible - the restaurant was not THAT busy BUT we could hardly talk to each other and when a table of 4 sat next to us, that was it. If we had not been finished eating already, we would have left (we also left 3/4's of our food). I will say, the waitstaff was courteous and very helpful and a visit from the manager who wanted us to be pleased was appreciated. Really sorry because more restaurants are desperately needed in this area...
- Good food but..AshawVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was quite good but the service was just okay. The restaurant was not full, but the bar was very crowded. The restaurant was so noisy that we ended up yelling at each other and still not able to have a conversation. Looking forward to trying the take-out service.Special Features:
- DonclaireVIPDined on 7/29/2014Even an empty restaurant gets you to sit at a very small table for 2 when they had plenty of larger tables at 5:30. Food fair.Veal not the best.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was very good and plentiful. Noise level was unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud loud loudRAB1Dined on 7/26/2014Simple good food-but too many people-so loud! Waitress friendly and right on target but loudness ruined our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ryryDined on 7/26/2014table of six and we were not able to communicate. extremely noise. expensive for this type of foodSpecial Features:
- Interesting menuWorthyDined on 7/26/2014My friends and I had a variety of meatballs which were really plentiful. There were a lot of people that night and the restaurant was very noisy. There must be a way to adjust the acoustics. Also, the meatballs come a la carte with no side dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generious, and great food.lvTEDined on 7/25/2014This was my first trip to the restaurant. It was a 8:15 PM, Friday night seating and the place was still loud & hopping; a bit too much for a comfortable dinner conversations. I'm hoping that a week day evening may be less chaotic; the food was good enough to give them another try. The serving sizes were conducive to share, and we were all delighted with the food. We staggered out well stuffed, carrying enough leftovers for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buddyDined on 7/11/2014Loved the food.Best seafood fra diablo I had since leaving NY.Owner John came to the table and we told him how great everything was. Had coffee on the patio and listened to the live band. I will be back there soon had a great night. Happy Hour a must.Special Features:
- MeatballsJUDYVIPDined on 7/5/2014If I say so myself, my meatballs are really good. Meatballs make them as good as I do, with a lot less hassle to me. The meatballs are cooked in a very good sauce, not like the bland tomatoe sauce some restaurants make.my husband ordered calamari fra diablo. It was served just as he ordered. Also with some extra garlic.Special Features:
- ALBEEN THERE BEFOREOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014THE MENU IS INTERESTING AND DIFFERENT. THE SERVICE ABOMINABLE. IT WAS ALMOST NON EXISTENT. WE ARRIVED AT 7:15 FOR OUR RESERVATION AND DID NOT LEAVE FOR ALMOST 2 1/2 HOURS WOULD HESITATE TO RETURNSpecial Features:
- Will returnTashaVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had a very nice dinner, however for me the food was a little too heavy on the garlic. We shared 2 different meatballs which were good...and the variety was so interesting I wanted to try several. The fried calamari was very good and the spaghetti and meatballs was good too. I didn't love my dish. The potatoes were highly seasoned with an herb I'm not fond of and my salmon dish was just ok. I would go back to try some other dishes as maybe mine just wasn't a good choice. I like the concept of all the meatballs and I'm eager to try a different kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK - Service deplorablesteveandjDined on 6/28/2014Had dinner for two - small table so clearing empty glasses and plates was a must. Bread got delivered after food was eaten. Servces was deplorable. Food was okay. Wouldn't go again or recommend to anyone unless you are just going for drinks.Special Features:
- One Night OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014We decided to go to the Meatball Room for a special celebration. We were seated in a very noisy and cramped area. I asked the hostess, Jody, if we could be moved. She cut me off and dismissed me. The Caprese salad was three tasteless slices of tomatoes and three tasteless slices of mozzarella on a plate. Our sausage and peppers was poor, lacking flavor. Jody and one of the servers started to move the tables and chairs around us. The chairs were pushed up against us. It was as though we were invisable. We really didn't matter, though our money certainly did. Mother said, "Please don't take me here again." I agree with the other reviews, the Meatball Room is arrogant and nothing special. Mama Mia!
- The following 133 reviews are from the Meatball Room reviews archive.
- Excellant Meatballs your way!CookingwithDESDined on 6/22/2014Was pleasantly surprised that this neighborhood strip mall gem gave us such a wonderful dinner. Food was so relish....my mom would even like these meatballs! Ravioli's were tasty and filled with a varity of choices. Wine menu and drink menu superb! Can't wait to go back. A bit crowd as every sit was filled all night and a two great bars.Special Features:
- Great for meatballsChefkahnDined on 6/21/2014The food was great and we loved the atmosphere. The service (server) left much to be desired. We had the Italian nachos as our appetizer... It was very flavorful, but a bit too much cheese that wasn't melted under the top nachos. We had the meatball sampler and we really enjoyed them as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedJulieVIPDined on 6/21/2014The atmosphere was similar to a diner. The food was too salty. The crowd was odd and the service was nonexistent. They need to step it up if they expect to be around. The only good dish we had was the calamari and scungeli app.
- RanetteVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great food, pretty restaurant but noise level is extremely high when they are busy. Found myself having to almost scream in order to be heard.
- Nice experienceRobCDined on 6/7/2014The food was excellent but it was so noisy I couldn't hear myself think. This was on a Friday night. We will go back. Also a great place for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.