3011 Yamato Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33434Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meatballroom.com/
- Phone: (561) 409-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Meatball Room
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meatball Room reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (26)great for outdoor dining (23)kid-friendly (21)special occasion (14)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- 2nd time here and i continue to LOVE it...TJC707Dined on 11/16/2014Food is amazing! Just like HOME! Mussels in White, Calamari, ANY of the MEATBALLS...and if you are Gluten Sensitive,,,Try the Gluten FREE Meatball...my SON LOVED IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place always great servicewonderfulDined on 11/13/2014The meatless meatballs are now horrible- hard and all breading . They used to be light with eggplant . I wS told by waiter they went back to original they did not..so disappointed as a vegetarian was my favorite option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyMoosesMommyDined on 11/10/2014If you think $15-18 for two meatballs is good value this is your place. Waitress for good but bus people were inexperienced. They kept trying to clear the table before everyone was done ( a huge pet peeve of mine) and taking away bread plates, knives, so we had to request new ones. A small house salad was a whopping $8 and was small and they forgot to put dressing on it. Duh. Entrée portions are large so that should please the older crowd that likes to take home most of their meals for breakfast the next day. It wasn't too busy on a recent Monday night but I suspect it will be slammed "in season".
- Fantastic FINDStevef48VIPDined on 11/8/2014First time at the MeetBall Room and loved every minute of it! We were 7 people and each one of us ordered different entrees so we could taste a variety of choices. Each one was excellent and we ended up eating family style just so we could experience each dish. We were so impressed that I just booked my Fathers birthday party here in December. Fantastic !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a surpriseglo1Dined on 11/8/2014Right in my neighborhood is this gem of a restaurant. From falling in for a salad or feasting with family and friends. Live music outside on a beautiful patio. It has it all. The wait staff is exceptionally attentive too.Special Features:
- MimiVIPDined on 11/5/2014Shrimp scampi appetizer is the best ever top it off with the pounded veal Parmesan Fabulous dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatballs & So Much MORE!lov2eatVIPDined on 11/2/2014What a fun evening for dinner on a sunday evening at the meatballRoom! Fabulous meatballs (of course), amazing pasta dishes (eggplant parmesan is enough for 3 servings)d elicious spaghetti, wonderful dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMyfaretaleDined on 11/2/2014Food and service were great. It was our first time there. Goblet drinks were amaxingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/31/2014One of the few restaurants that has a great dessert menu!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday JoannaHerroseDined on 10/27/2014We celebrated Joanna's birthday here on the 27th of Oct. Had a wonderful time...our server was superb and the food was the very, very best. We took loads of pics, acted silly, never rushed, just a great time had by all...We will definitely return....Maybe for my birthday on 11/16...hint, hint! Our server even sang along with the rest of us Happy Birthday, clapped his hands, made it special. Thank you Meatball Room for a memorable birthday for Joanna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatball heavenmabconVIPDined on 10/25/2014We decided to try the meatballs because it is the specialty of the house. We tried three different types. All were very good. Portion size is more than ample. The red sauce was very tasty. I would return to try some other dishes.Special Features:
- One Meatball will do it!lov2eatVIPDined on 10/19/2014ALl kidding aside, one meatball is huge enough to satisfy most appetites. The portions are large enough to share. The meatballs are varied and delicious. The salads are terrific, as are all the pasta dishes. An added touch...on SUnday night when we were there, 2 voacalists added to the evening's pleasure by singing during dinner. They really made it more special than just another evening out. Great veal, eggplant dishes. Want to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FillingTheBestVIPDined on 10/13/2014Excellent food. A little pricey for meatballs. Great salads. Excellent happy hour 4-6. Limited bar bites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid Ladies night!JerryDined on 10/8/2014The food was delicious and plentiful but...It was ladies night and no matter how far we sat from the bar and music, we could not hear the conversation at our table. Multiple requests to our waiter to tone it down went unanswered. Perhaps our waiter could not hear our request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD1205bocaDined on 10/5/2014We went early for dinner so the noise level was null. We went for the food and it was worth it. They do many activities and sounded like a fun place besides the food. Its definitely a place to re visit ! I have been to the NY Meatballs place and this one was I think better !Special Features:
- excellent findfoodloverVIPDined on 10/2/2014Food is excellent; portions are large; service has improved tremendously, and was excellent! The salads are delicious, the specials are fabulous! Great neighborhood place with great food. Suggestion: share a salad and an entree!Special Features:
- Loud...almost Club-likebiedsVIPDined on 10/1/2014Went for a weeknight dinner and there was a dj set up in the bar. Extraordinarily loud. The bar is directly next to the dining room. Therefore, you had club music while at dinner. It was fun, but if you want something more serene this is NOT the place for you. The food was quite good. We had veal meatballs and chicken scarparella (sp?). Both dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family place!HarrisDined on 9/28/2014As per my 12 yr olds request we ate at The Meatball room Sunday night. We have eaten there several times before. The food has been consistently good but the service is lacking. The waitstaff is always extremely nice but It seems like we are always looking for the waitress/waiter. They need to be a little more attentive. When we 1st arrived it was still light out but after the sun went down the it was very dark inside. Overall we all had a delicious meal and a great time followed by a tremendous ice cream brownie sundae that we all shared. The portions were large enough for leftovers. And all of our meals came out correct and hot! We will definitely go back soon. My kids love it there!! Great neighborhood place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meatballDiamondDaveDined on 9/27/2014It may be bold to name yourself the meatball room but the realyy back it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the meatballs!BiancoDined on 9/26/2014The food was fabulous and our waiter, Bradley was great! The flavoring of the food was outstanding. Anyone who know Italian food will enjoy this food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, quality and portion. Noise level in restaurant, particularly from children, detracted from overall exerience
- 2nd & last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Walking in, there was a radio show being broadcast live from the bar area which caused it to very loud. Upon being seated, we saw a guy making balloon animals for the kids and a number of kids were running around. We ordered drinks and a pizza for starters. Pizza was very good and a nice size. We then ordered our 3 entrees and upon delivery, two of them were wrong and also drowned in sauce. The server was very apologetic but he helped deliver them so it means he never bothered to check if they were right. It took about 15 minutes to replace the entrees and I would call them ordinary, same as you would get at a pizza place, not a fine dining establishment. There are so many other good Italian restaurants in the area so we will not return.
- Meatballs to eat. To loud to talk.MeatballsDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was nice and very clean. The waiter however took forever to actually come and take a drink order. Then again to order food. We were there pretty early so it wasn't really crowded. Food was good. I wasn't in love with this place.Special Features:
- BodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014very noisey.. much to much going on to really enjoy the good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go againnanaDined on 9/1/2014We celebrated our daughter's birthday and will definitely return - great new find for our familySpecial Features:
- Reception Not FriendlyLeeKDined on 8/30/2014The women working the reception area were not friendly at all.Special Features:
- fun eating placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We like to go with a group, 6 or so and order lots of appetizers It is a fun placeSpecial Features:
- DissappointingShortyDined on 8/29/2014We had been there before and the food and service was good, but it was not this time. My alcoholic beverage was wrong, Chicken dish was not thoroughly cooked and our waiter was slow and non-attentive. Will not go back and will not recommend the restaurant to friends.
- The Hostess is RUDE!FoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been many times and every time the hostess has been RUDE! She looks down her nose at you when asking what she can do for you. If you don't have a reservation she is even nastier. If you do have a reservation she will literally size you, and your party, up and then decide if you are cool enough to sit where you can be seen. Get a new hostess and earn 5 stars!!!!!Special Features:
- Food was really really goodKatieBDined on 8/24/2014The meatballs of course were really good, and the 4 cheese ravoli was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014THE VEAL PARM WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Spoiled by ServiceFamilyDinerDined on 8/22/2014We have been to Meatball Room many times with a number of different people starting about when they opened for business. The food has always been excellent...especially my favorite, the Strawberry Cheesecake Sunday or whatever they call it. The problem is that except for 1 out of maybe 8 or 10 visits, we have had service ranging from adequate to poor. Sometimes it seems as if the waitperson may be new and they are trying. Sometimes they just don't know how to handle a situation. From the first two times when I tried to use the Android App they put out and not even the manager knew what it was to the time the waiter couldn't understand that my gift card was only paying for half the bill and then couldn't figure out how to fix it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy on Wednesday Ladies NightDelrayDollVIPDined on 8/20/2014Decided last minute to eat here for first time. Didn't realize Wed is ladies night -- free drinks in the bar. Sat in dining room but couldn't hear each other. Appetizer order got delayed; wasn't charged which was nice. My evening special of shrimp w/Dijon/risotto was very good. Hubby had the spicy meatballs (2) with spaghetti. We took home 1/2 the portions. Good food but way too noisy for us.Special Features:
- SKIP ITstklvrDined on 8/5/2014WOW! What a disappointment - we found the food tasteless and bland. Everyone was raving about the meatballs - mine are much better. The acoustics are terrible - the restaurant was not THAT busy BUT we could hardly talk to each other and when a table of 4 sat next to us, that was it. If we had not been finished eating already, we would have left (we also left 3/4's of our food). I will say, the waitstaff was courteous and very helpful and a visit from the manager who wanted us to be pleased was appreciated. Really sorry because more restaurants are desperately needed in this area...
- Good food but..AshawVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was quite good but the service was just okay. The restaurant was not full, but the bar was very crowded. The restaurant was so noisy that we ended up yelling at each other and still not able to have a conversation. Looking forward to trying the take-out service.Special Features:
- DonclaireVIPDined on 7/29/2014Even an empty restaurant gets you to sit at a very small table for 2 when they had plenty of larger tables at 5:30. Food fair.Veal not the best.
- The following 144 reviews are from the Meatball Room reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was very good and plentiful. Noise level was unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud loud loudRAB1Dined on 7/26/2014Simple good food-but too many people-so loud! Waitress friendly and right on target but loudness ruined our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ryryDined on 7/26/2014table of six and we were not able to communicate. extremely noise. expensive for this type of foodSpecial Features:
- Interesting menuWorthyDined on 7/26/2014My friends and I had a variety of meatballs which were really plentiful. There were a lot of people that night and the restaurant was very noisy. There must be a way to adjust the acoustics. Also, the meatballs come a la carte with no side dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.