Meat Market Miami
6063 Isla Verde Avenue
Carolina, PR 00979Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Meat Market Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meatmarketmiamipr.com/
- Phone: 7872532007x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30pm
Happy Hour: Everyday from 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Javier Menendez Ruse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups of 14 or more people, there are two private dining rooms. Our experienced events team tailors the menu according to your needs and pays close attention to details to ensure the satisfaction of every guest.
- Private Party Contact: Dario 7872532007x
- Entertainment: Meat Market is located inside one of the island’s most entertaining hotels, El San Juan Hotel & Casino. The hotel has a dazzling lobby with stunning bars and alluring people, live music, the legendary Club Tropicoro, the exciting Club Brava nightclub and an elegant casino that offers a wide range of options for locals and visitors to socialize.
A word from Meat Market Miami
A truly contemporary steakhouse, boasting a sophisticated ambiance sizzling with New York City style energy, a happening bar scene, and a savvy menu featuring prime cuts of beef, amazing fish, seafood and poultry dishes and a wide range of price points geared to draw both locals and visitors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Meat Market Miami - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
Meat Market Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)notable wine list (36)romantic (32)hot spot (29)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (11)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The food ,service was excellent eventhough I condider the prices a bit over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- (Almost) a Perfect EveningedsanjuanDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I are S. Juan locals and have dined at MMM on 3 previous occasions. For all 4 dinners we brought our own (very special) bottle of wine (reasonable $35 corkage) but they have a fine wine list. The food, as always, was excellent and flawless. The (half portion) fillet mignon was perfect and cooked as ordered. My Kobe beef meatloaf (believe or not!) was out-of-this-world (second time I have it). The General Manager, Dario, was a perfect and friendly host; he even opened our wine bottle for us (and graciously accepted a glass). But the service this time around was not at the same level: our bartender forgot our order of a 2nd drink and our waitress, though very nice, would disappear for long periods of time. Better training needed?Special Features:
- THE EL SAN JUAN CASINO DININGjackiemoDined on 9/6/2014excellent food and service. chef should be pleased with his different tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the qualityZoebobDined on 8/29/2014Steak was tough and over cooked. Way over priced for the quality. 2 servers per table. Asked if everything was ok every 3 mins. Leave your guess alone and let them enjoy their meal.
- Amazing time.PRMiamiMeatMarketDined on 8/28/2014Being from New York, we have many steak restaurants so we were hesitant at first but Miami Meat Market took the cake. Our waiter, Sergio, was knowledgable on the menu and suggested amazing items. I highly suggest the brussel sprouts as a side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceJolinterDined on 8/25/2014If you are looking for a great ambiance for having a good time for a nice dinner this coild be the place. But if you are looking for great food and having a good conversation maybe will be best to consider other option like Ruth Chris or Mortons wich are nearby and are less $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodLoverDined on 8/23/2014Went to San Juan for 3 nights and we ate here 2 of those nights bc the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!RandyDined on 8/19/2014Overall this is the best steak house on the island! They know their cuts and how to cook them. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyDined on 8/16/2014Attentive service, poor selection on 1/2 bottle red wines, meat loaf a bit too spicy. Brussel sprouts excellent. Good expeienceSpecial Features:
- ConsistentBlg1Dined on 7/24/2014Several times in Miami Meat Market PR amd is the food is always perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!IronToucanDined on 7/18/2014From the Wasabi nuts to the Creme Bruele excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great foodFoodAfficionadoDined on 7/14/2014We come to PR a few times each year and eat out at the best establishments each time. We also like to try new places, and Meat Market was new to us. Having eaten at Marmelade, Jose Enrique, Budatai, Dragonfly etc, I can safely say that this restaurant holds its own. We were very impressed with the service and some of the food was out of this world. The Brussels sprout side and shoe string truffle fries were incredible. Our steaks were beautiful, but I wouldn't recommend the Jack Daniels sauce. Cocktails were good, as was the wine service. Our waiter, Bobby, was excellent. We will almost definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at Meat Market PR!SuperMeatMarketPRDined on 7/12/2014We went dinner on Sat night and was a very great night! From the begining the service was excelent, from the host till the end! The food was amazing, we order a Enhance of lobster and a medium term filet mignon, a wll done New Yok steak and medium well ribeye, it was delicious!! And the sides of lobster mash potatoes was very very good!! I tried the Cereza, Mi Amor cocktail, from that day that is my favorite cocktail EVER!! Everyone should tried it!! The service was incredible, their were always very kind, they knew what they was saying about the menu and all they recommended was very good!! The ambience, the decoraion, everything, definetly a place that everyone most go!! i will go again and again!! Congratulation to all Meat Market crew!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low QualityUncriticVIPDined on 7/2/2014For the price of everything in the menu the quality is sub par and the amount of the servings leave a lot to be desire.
- Great ExperienceMiguelDined on 7/1/2014The food is out of this world. As appetizers we order the WHITE TRUFFLE AMERICAN KOBE TARTARE and the ASIAN BBQ LAMB RIBS, delicious. My wife order the SEABASS, was extremely flaky and delicious and I order MEAT MARKET GOURMET MEAT SAMPLER. Good selection but my first choice was the 7 OUNCE AMERICAN KOBE FILET but was not available. My wife order LOBSTER RISOTTO, whauuuuu! I order the CRISPY BRUSSEL SPROUTS BACON ALMOND, out of this world. I also order the GOUDA TATER-TOTS, YUMYYYYYYYY! The two waitress assigned to our table Luis and Yuyi were very helpful with our dinner selection. Those guys are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Came here on my trip to Puerto Rico while staying at the el San Juan hotel. The staff was very friendly and informative. Coming from New York and having many great restaraunts and steak houses we were very pleased with meat market. They start you with warm bread with red pepper hummus. For appetizer I had the tuna tartar which was amazing!! So fresh and not fishy at all with a side of guacamole and a mango salsa. My friend had a house salad which she also loved. For dinner we split a skirt steak and skinny Parmesan fries, lobster risotto and the Brussel sprouts (recommended by our waiter who said "they're not the way your mom makes them as a kid") they definitely weren't they were amazing!!! Had a great experience for only $80 a personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerMfhendoDined on 6/19/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had...cooked just right with the perfect seasoning! Peter and Sophia were excellent staff members!Special Features:
- Nice placeTravelerDined on 6/17/2014Rebecca the bartender is the best. Very attentive, personable and obviously takes pride in the customer service. The table service was very slow, almost thought we lost our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ppmexDined on 6/15/2014Excelent meat ...delicious..!! good quality, ideal for a dinnerSpecial Features:
- Good but expensive2muchDined on 6/13/2014The restaurant is very nice and in San Juan's best hotel. The bar is great and so is the service. The food is great. The only down side is the price! Even though it is all very good, it is too expensive - $15 per shrimp...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDragonrnDined on 6/8/2014Bone in fillet mignon, lobster tail, lobster mash... Fabulous waiter (from the Bronx) desert, service. Thank youSpecial Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Meat Market Miami reviews archive.
- looking for romance not hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Sat at a park bench in the middle of New York City during winter. Food was not great for the price. Should of went next store to Ruth Chris. Sorry was not impressed actually disappointed by the ambiance and the restaurant was freezing with a few tables having same complaint. The highlight were the oysters and do not order the lobster mac and cheese just filled with grease. It was disgusting to see a pool of red oil in the bottom of your dish.Special Features:
- Poor pricingTiminatorDined on 5/18/2014While the idea of the Meat Market is sound, I found the pricing to be high for the meal. I'm not saying the meal was bad, it was actually pleasing. My problem is the fact that I had a 6 oz. steak for $29 that I could have gotten at Applebee's or some other franchise. For a high end restaraunt I simply expected to be "wowed" with a melt in your mouth steak like I've had at other high end establishments, but I was not.Special Features:
- World classGentleGiantbirtdayDined on 5/16/2014My dinner experience was wonderful staff very friendly food was outstanding. My husband enjoyed his birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced with small portionsSapperDined on 5/11/2014Title said it all. The price for the size of the portions were way off.Special Features:
- Pre Mother's Day dinnerpra17Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent service! I wish I remember the name of the guy & the girl who took care of us. I was very please to see options like buffalo grass fed in the menu, I am a big fan of game meats. It was delicious, cooked perfect (medium). My husband had the NY steak and my son had the sampler (meats) plate, we were all extremely pleased. Dessert was awesome too, we share the almond "budin" which was outstanding and the watermelon sorbet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/9/2014Outstanding and consistent service from Brian and Sergio. Food always great. Management always aware of the operation details and customer needs. Congrats Dario and his team. Darla always charming and gorgeous at the restaurant entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like??!!DidiDined on 5/9/2014The experience begins when they greet you. Then your waitress starts going through the menu and makes you want to order everything on the menu because it all sounds amazing! The appetizers are great, and can serve as tapas if you're just out for drinks or wine and something to bite on. On to the main course, Amazing! They have a sampler that includes three of their most famous cuts, great if its your first time. The sommelier was great recomending the specific wine to go with our meat choices and the signature cocktails were also a great starter. The service was great at all times and we stayed talking at our table until our bottle finished, long after we were done with dinner, and they were still great with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisapointmentBayareatravelerDined on 5/9/2014After reading many reviews I decided to give this place a try, boy was I disapointed. The restraunt was loud, very loud! Our server was great and provided amazing service. The food was greatly overpriced. The shrimp cocktail appetizer was listed as market price, apparently market price for 6 shrimp is $48. I've never seen shrimp priced so high and so overcooked. The filet was dry and overcooked. No wonder the offer so many sauces and butters, you need it to eat the dry filet. Overall, when I spend over $200 for 2 people to eat (no alcohol), something should wow me and at Meat Market Miami nothing did.
- disappointedSanJuanPR1Dined on 4/26/2014I had heard wonderful things and could not believe how awful my food was. I ordered Salmon and asked for them not to season with salt and that i didn't want my meal to taste like charcoal. It tasted like a bottle of salt with charcoal. I sent it back and was given a salad which i could not eat as the entire cesar was covered in parmesan and you only tasted that. Huge disappointed.Special Features:
- Delightful EveningTXIKIDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I visited the restaurant on Abril 19, 2014. During the two hours we spend there it was full all the time. The food excellent, meat very tender with a lot of flavor (we had the 18 ounce sirloin), the blue cheese and butter sauce just right, no ingredient was overpowering. The sides, both the baked potato and the cream corn perfect. We had no appetizers, a wise decision when we saw the main plate and sides. The service was very good but not outstanding. We were sometimes forgotten, due to it being a very busy night, but at all times the waiters ( 2 ) were very nice and correct. We had a nice bottle of wine, which price we found reasonable. All included, a very nice dinner experience worth the price we paid.Special Features:
- A must when in PR.nycfoodieDined on 4/5/2014Amazing decor, food, service. Don't forget to order the oysters, crab cakes, mac and cheese and Brussels sprouts. Steaks come in half orders...perfect size for when you don't want to over eat. Great bar scene with beautiful yet extremely friendly staff. Very energetic dining room with private rooms available for small and large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant, amazing foodkevinprDined on 4/5/2014The food and service were fantastic. Very expensive.Special Features:
- Busy Noisy Overstaffed Hotel DinnerVictorVictoriaDined on 3/29/2014As a Chef, its great to travel and find new fun culinary spots. Steaks were small and cut in half instead of portioned into individual 6oz-portions- a bit odd- Flavors were good- Sides were GREAT- Smashed potatoes -Brussel sprouts rocked with almonds-crispy oven twice roasted and the mushroom ragout was not as exciting as it listed to be- not very exotic- but tasty. Manager was very attentive- Staff was not on que- overstepped each other- a team of two? a bit much. Try it yourself and add a thought. SRQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!juantorresDined on 3/27/2014Everything was outstanding. Very expensive but i knew that before going. I cant complain. Excellent.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!mmj81Dined on 3/23/2014It was our first time to Puerto Rico, and we noticed that Meat Market was in the hotel next door... we LOVE the Meat Market in Miami (we've been there for five years in a row during our yearly visit to Miami). This location did not disappoint - it was just as great as the original in Miami! Highly recommend - great service and fabulous food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 15th Anniversary ❤️PRsouthernLocalDined on 3/20/2014The ambience is very elegant, and it has candle lighting throughout the dining area which gave it a very welcoming feel. The waiters were very helpful, and really paid attention to our likes and dislikes when making recommendations. The food was delicious, they offered us an off-menu ceviche which we had to order twice. The meat cuts were made to perfection, and can't leave behind the sides because the lobster risotto tastes spectacular. From a noice level it is not the quietest place for a romantic dinner. The bar and dining area have no separation which makes it moderately noisy... But it wasn't bad, we could still have a nice private conversation, and when celebrating you really don't mind :-) We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management and Service needs Improvsrk49VIPDined on 3/16/2014Management and service needs improvement at this new steak place. We wish the Palm never left. They did it all perfectly in service and food. The starters were very good. Tuna tartare crudo and snapper tiradito. The sliders come w burnt buns and even though we asked for one with only grilled onion and the second with everything, both came w everything. The crab and lobster cake was not good. The wine was very good. The badoit was very good. Wish it could have been a better evening and that management handled things differently but wishes don't always go your way.
- Not as promotedJorgeDined on 3/7/2014I took my wife for an anniversary dinner. It was promoted as sexier and glamorous experience but not. The tables were inches apart ,we haved to moved it away from our neighbors dinners. The place was so loud we heared all the stories told by both tables near us. It remember me of a local rest. Metropol. The only difference the prices. In favor of Meat Market, the food was good, not superb!!Special Features:
- Not what expectedDinexpertDined on 3/5/2014Meat Market Miami at San Juan was a "common" steakhouse for the price tag. The food presentation was very simple half steak is literally a half cut steak without anything else on the plate (no basil leaves or sprinkles). The waitress forget the beverage of one of us, not one time but twice! The table was not clear of the empty plates promptly. The hazelnut cream brûlée was not impressive. We enjoy fine dining and paying for it, but this is not the kind of service and food that we expected at that price tag. Not again for us.Special Features: