Meat Market Miami
6063 Isla Verde Avenue
Carolina, PR 00979Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Meat Market Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meatmarketmiamipr.com/
- Phone: 7872532007x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30pm
Happy Hour: Everyday from 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Javier Menendez Ruse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups of 14 or more people, there are two private dining rooms. Our experienced events team tailors the menu according to your needs and pays close attention to details to ensure the satisfaction of every guest.
- Private Party Contact: Dario 7872532007x
- Entertainment: Meat Market is located inside one of the island’s most entertaining hotels, El San Juan Hotel & Casino. The hotel has a dazzling lobby with stunning bars and alluring people, live music, the legendary Club Tropicoro, the exciting Club Brava nightclub and an elegant casino that offers a wide range of options for locals and visitors to socialize.
A word from Meat Market Miami
A truly contemporary steakhouse, boasting a sophisticated ambiance sizzling with New York City style energy, a happening bar scene, and a savvy menu featuring prime cuts of beef, amazing fish, seafood and poultry dishes and a wide range of price points geared to draw both locals and visitors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Meat Market Miami - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
Meat Market Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)notable wine list (31)hot spot (31)good for groups (28)romantic (28)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/27/2014The steak was delicious, the sea bass was out of this world. The sides were original and unique. Some of the best I have ever had. This is coming from a avid NYC city food snob that has been to most nice-fancy restaurant in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAkiddVIPDined on 10/26/2014Went there for our 2 year anniversary we were staying at the ritz Carlton and had our choice of BLT steak or this restaurant and the menu seamed better here. Glad we made the choice best steak we ever had we split the 30oz Kobe tomahawk ribeye it was amazing the service was right on the food we superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Edgardo!EugenioVIPDined on 10/24/2014Starting from gorgeous Darla at the reception, fallowed by charismatic Dario (Manager) and Edgardo our waiter gave us a great dinning experience. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OutstandingMexcity1VIPDined on 10/23/2014This is probably one of the best restaurants I've been for business, everything was perfect, the scenery, atmosphere, the food and the service, the waitress was very good on her recommendations of food and drinksSpecial Features:
- Fantastic meal and service!rheasueVIPDined on 10/23/2014We love the dining experience at Miami Meat Market in San Juan. Luis and Sofia, our servers, were attentive and so efficient. They made wonderful recommendations and provided us with outstanding service! Both of us loved our fish entrees, sea bass for my husband and red snapper for me. Can't wait to return to this fabulous restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I decided to stay at the bar in which the full menu is served. We tried a few of the small dishes and were all great including the tiradito and sliders suggested by the bartender. Cocktails and Wine selection was very good. The service and food were outstanding. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top1SteakloverDined on 9/20/2014The experience and food are over the top, better than Morton's, Ruth's Chris, The Palm, Smith & Wollensky. I will definitely return to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lover's PlacefelosaysDined on 9/19/2014Chic reception with generic salon. Good service but not fantastic. Excellent appetizers original and fresh ingredients nice presentation and good flavor design. Outstanding meat offering with excellent cooking technique and good presentation. However, I found the menu somewhat limited and the wine list was lacking in lower price range options (but I must say the few low price range options available were excellent selections). Definitely did not meet my expectations in terms of ambience,decor and menu offerings. However, I did enjoy the menu recipes and rendition. Definitely will recommend it due to the quality of the products, menu and taste profiles. However, I wish for a less average front of the house with a sharper service.Special Features:
- Great SteakJoeEDined on 9/18/2014Had a very romantic dinner with my Fiance. Would highly recommend. It is a expensive restaurant but i expected it to be so i was not suprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentCaryDined on 9/16/2014The food ,service was excellent eventhough I condider the prices a bit over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- (Almost) a Perfect EveningedsanjuanDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I are S. Juan locals and have dined at MMM on 3 previous occasions. For all 4 dinners we brought our own (very special) bottle of wine (reasonable $35 corkage) but they have a fine wine list. The food, as always, was excellent and flawless. The (half portion) fillet mignon was perfect and cooked as ordered. My Kobe beef meatloaf (believe or not!) was out-of-this-world (second time I have it). The General Manager, Dario, was a perfect and friendly host; he even opened our wine bottle for us (and graciously accepted a glass). But the service this time around was not at the same level: our bartender forgot our order of a 2nd drink and our waitress, though very nice, would disappear for long periods of time. Better training needed?Special Features:
- THE EL SAN JUAN CASINO DININGjackiemoDined on 9/6/2014excellent food and service. chef should be pleased with his different tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the qualityZoebobDined on 8/29/2014Steak was tough and over cooked. Way over priced for the quality. 2 servers per table. Asked if everything was ok every 3 mins. Leave your guess alone and let them enjoy their meal.
- Amazing time.PRMiamiMeatMarketDined on 8/28/2014Being from New York, we have many steak restaurants so we were hesitant at first but Miami Meat Market took the cake. Our waiter, Sergio, was knowledgable on the menu and suggested amazing items. I highly suggest the brussel sprouts as a side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceJolinterDined on 8/25/2014If you are looking for a great ambiance for having a good time for a nice dinner this coild be the place. But if you are looking for great food and having a good conversation maybe will be best to consider other option like Ruth Chris or Mortons wich are nearby and are less $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodLoverDined on 8/23/2014Went to San Juan for 3 nights and we ate here 2 of those nights bc the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!RandyDined on 8/19/2014Overall this is the best steak house on the island! They know their cuts and how to cook them. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyDined on 8/16/2014Attentive service, poor selection on 1/2 bottle red wines, meat loaf a bit too spicy. Brussel sprouts excellent. Good expeienceSpecial Features:
- ConsistentBlg1Dined on 7/24/2014Several times in Miami Meat Market PR amd is the food is always perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!IronToucanDined on 7/18/2014From the Wasabi nuts to the Creme Bruele excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great foodFoodAfficionadoDined on 7/14/2014We come to PR a few times each year and eat out at the best establishments each time. We also like to try new places, and Meat Market was new to us. Having eaten at Marmelade, Jose Enrique, Budatai, Dragonfly etc, I can safely say that this restaurant holds its own. We were very impressed with the service and some of the food was out of this world. The Brussels sprout side and shoe string truffle fries were incredible. Our steaks were beautiful, but I wouldn't recommend the Jack Daniels sauce. Cocktails were good, as was the wine service. Our waiter, Bobby, was excellent. We will almost definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at Meat Market PR!SuperMeatMarketPRDined on 7/12/2014We went dinner on Sat night and was a very great night! From the begining the service was excelent, from the host till the end! The food was amazing, we order a Enhance of lobster and a medium term filet mignon, a wll done New Yok steak and medium well ribeye, it was delicious!! And the sides of lobster mash potatoes was very very good!! I tried the Cereza, Mi Amor cocktail, from that day that is my favorite cocktail EVER!! Everyone should tried it!! The service was incredible, their were always very kind, they knew what they was saying about the menu and all they recommended was very good!! The ambience, the decoraion, everything, definetly a place that everyone most go!! i will go again and again!! Congratulation to all Meat Market crew!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low QualityUncriticVIPDined on 7/2/2014For the price of everything in the menu the quality is sub par and the amount of the servings leave a lot to be desire.
- The following 114 reviews are from the Meat Market Miami reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceMiguelDined on 7/1/2014The food is out of this world. As appetizers we order the WHITE TRUFFLE AMERICAN KOBE TARTARE and the ASIAN BBQ LAMB RIBS, delicious. My wife order the SEABASS, was extremely flaky and delicious and I order MEAT MARKET GOURMET MEAT SAMPLER. Good selection but my first choice was the 7 OUNCE AMERICAN KOBE FILET but was not available. My wife order LOBSTER RISOTTO, whauuuuu! I order the CRISPY BRUSSEL SPROUTS BACON ALMOND, out of this world. I also order the GOUDA TATER-TOTS, YUMYYYYYYYY! The two waitress assigned to our table Luis and Yuyi were very helpful with our dinner selection. Those guys are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Came here on my trip to Puerto Rico while staying at the el San Juan hotel. The staff was very friendly and informative. Coming from New York and having many great restaraunts and steak houses we were very pleased with meat market. They start you with warm bread with red pepper hummus. For appetizer I had the tuna tartar which was amazing!! So fresh and not fishy at all with a side of guacamole and a mango salsa. My friend had a house salad which she also loved. For dinner we split a skirt steak and skinny Parmesan fries, lobster risotto and the Brussel sprouts (recommended by our waiter who said "they're not the way your mom makes them as a kid") they definitely weren't they were amazing!!! Had a great experience for only $80 a personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerMfhendoDined on 6/19/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had...cooked just right with the perfect seasoning! Peter and Sophia were excellent staff members!Special Features:
- Nice placeTravelerDined on 6/17/2014Rebecca the bartender is the best. Very attentive, personable and obviously takes pride in the customer service. The table service was very slow, almost thought we lost our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ppmexDined on 6/15/2014Excelent meat ...delicious..!! good quality, ideal for a dinnerSpecial Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014This is the best steak house in San Juan. The bone marrow butter on top of the ribeye was euphoric and the lobster risotto, wow!!Special Features:
- Good but expensive2muchDined on 6/13/2014The restaurant is very nice and in San Juan's best hotel. The bar is great and so is the service. The food is great. The only down side is the price! Even though it is all very good, it is too expensive - $15 per shrimp...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDragonrnDined on 6/8/2014Bone in fillet mignon, lobster tail, lobster mash... Fabulous waiter (from the Bronx) desert, service. Thank youSpecial Features:
- looking for romance not hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Sat at a park bench in the middle of New York City during winter. Food was not great for the price. Should of went next store to Ruth Chris. Sorry was not impressed actually disappointed by the ambiance and the restaurant was freezing with a few tables having same complaint. The highlight were the oysters and do not order the lobster mac and cheese just filled with grease. It was disgusting to see a pool of red oil in the bottom of your dish.Special Features:
- Poor pricingTiminatorDined on 5/18/2014While the idea of the Meat Market is sound, I found the pricing to be high for the meal. I'm not saying the meal was bad, it was actually pleasing. My problem is the fact that I had a 6 oz. steak for $29 that I could have gotten at Applebee's or some other franchise. For a high end restaraunt I simply expected to be "wowed" with a melt in your mouth steak like I've had at other high end establishments, but I was not.Special Features:
- World classGentleGiantbirtdayDined on 5/16/2014My dinner experience was wonderful staff very friendly food was outstanding. My husband enjoyed his birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced with small portionsSapperDined on 5/11/2014Title said it all. The price for the size of the portions were way off.Special Features:
- Pre Mother's Day dinnerpra17Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent service! I wish I remember the name of the guy & the girl who took care of us. I was very please to see options like buffalo grass fed in the menu, I am a big fan of game meats. It was delicious, cooked perfect (medium). My husband had the NY steak and my son had the sampler (meats) plate, we were all extremely pleased. Dessert was awesome too, we share the almond "budin" which was outstanding and the watermelon sorbet.Special Features:
- EugenioVIPDined on 5/9/2014Outstanding and consistent service from Brian and Sergio. Food always great. Management always aware of the operation details and customer needs. Congrats Dario and his team. Darla always charming and gorgeous at the restaurant entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like??!!DidiDined on 5/9/2014The experience begins when they greet you. Then your waitress starts going through the menu and makes you want to order everything on the menu because it all sounds amazing! The appetizers are great, and can serve as tapas if you're just out for drinks or wine and something to bite on. On to the main course, Amazing! They have a sampler that includes three of their most famous cuts, great if its your first time. The sommelier was great recomending the specific wine to go with our meat choices and the signature cocktails were also a great starter. The service was great at all times and we stayed talking at our table until our bottle finished, long after we were done with dinner, and they were still great with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisapointmentBayareatravelerDined on 5/9/2014After reading many reviews I decided to give this place a try, boy was I disapointed. The restraunt was loud, very loud! Our server was great and provided amazing service. The food was greatly overpriced. The shrimp cocktail appetizer was listed as market price, apparently market price for 6 shrimp is $48. I've never seen shrimp priced so high and so overcooked. The filet was dry and overcooked. No wonder the offer so many sauces and butters, you need it to eat the dry filet. Overall, when I spend over $200 for 2 people to eat (no alcohol), something should wow me and at Meat Market Miami nothing did.
- disappointedSanJuanPR1Dined on 4/26/2014I had heard wonderful things and could not believe how awful my food was. I ordered Salmon and asked for them not to season with salt and that i didn't want my meal to taste like charcoal. It tasted like a bottle of salt with charcoal. I sent it back and was given a salad which i could not eat as the entire cesar was covered in parmesan and you only tasted that. Huge disappointed.Special Features: