Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meadowsweetnyc.com/
- Phone: 718-384-0673x
- Hours of Operation:
6-11pm (kitchen), bar is open until midnight
6-12am (kitchen), bar is open until 1am
6pm-10pm (kitchen), bar is open until 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Polo Dobkin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch
A word from Meadowsweet
Meadowsweet is a new restaurant in Williamsburg.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Meadowsweet - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Meadowsweet reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (35)romantic (31)notable wine list (18)hot spot (17)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Loved my dinner here!!EstelleDined on 9/9/2014Everything was excellent, from the delicious food to the great service and ambience. Highly rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable expirienceYuliyaDined on 9/7/2014Went there on Thursday night (late dinner) and was totally stunned by service, food and overall experience. Perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- PerfectLadyTeabagDined on 9/3/2014I have been to Meadowsweet two times now, and each time has been very pleasurable and of a high quality. The menu selection is not only healthy, but also fit for foodies. All of the waitstaff are very kind and accommodating. There isn't anything about the restaurant that I would change. Comfortable noise level, good spacing between tables, and the lights dim to just dark enough to be romantic but not so dark that you can't read the menu or see your food. Excellent!!Special Features:
- tullymontyDined on 8/31/2014Boyfriend and I were huge fans of Dressler and loved to splurge there on special occasions. So we had high hopes for Meadowsweet, which did not disappoint! I had the pork chop, which came with polenta with fresh corn and mustard greens. Still thinking about how much I loved it 2 days later! Boyfriend also loved his entree, which was the wild sea bass with mushrooms and stewed heirloom tomatoes. We had the grilled squid starter, which was good but I can't say I would get it again--it was a bit too vinegary and the price was a bit steep at $19. And the coconut ice cream pie...oh, the coconut ice cream pie! It was absolutely heavenly. The service was impeccable. I'm not a huge fan of the minimalist decor, but that is a personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetJetsolVIPDined on 8/30/2014Came with a group of 5. They squeezed us into a table for four, and that was the only negative of the entire evening. Our server was personable and quick, the food was terrific. We had the trout appetizer at our servers recommendation, and it was really fantastic. In fact everything we ate was delicious. We each tried four different entrees, pork chop, steak, chicken, black bass and each were terrific. I'd recommend it and we'll be returning.Special Features:
- Fresh and excitingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014Our dinner was for a small work group. From the fresh and delicious oysters to the flavorful ricotta starter, we were impressed. Presentation was fantastic, pace was and attention from servers was perfect and the tequila habanero drink to start was delightful. Definitely should be on your list!Special Features:
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014the seafood is to die for and the service was top notch. We went on a quiet Tuesday and the scallop ceviche and seafood sampler were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so goodcocoDined on 8/15/2014i will crave the chicken dish. the pasta special made me want more than a taste, and i don't eat pasta. the staff was so charming i wanted them to join us. i had friends in from out of town who are serious foodies, and all were pleased. thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedHonestlyDined on 8/15/2014The food was very good, but the portion sizes for the prices were totally unacceptable. A new establishment serving entire meals the size of your fist for $28-30 is absurd. The most annoying part is that the owners claim that's fair pricing for their overhead. Well, it's fair to go somewhere else where the food is just as good and priced fairly.Special Features:
- Pricey for what they offerStuka123VIPDined on 8/14/2014I see so many new restaurants in Williamsburg, they are all about the same. Meadowsweet has a brief menu with the new trend, small and large options. We tried two appetizers and one main course. All of them were ok, nothing to remark I expected more. We spent $ 242 tip included. A bottle of wine, two cocktails, a bottle of water, 2 appetizers, two main courses, two desserts and a dessert wine. The best part were the desserts.
- Great food but a bit inconsistentFoodTravelerDined on 8/11/2014We had a party of 4. The location, interior, decor, ambiance were all great. We each ordered one cocktail each which i thought were OK. Nothing great but not horrible either. For apps we had the Sweetbreads, St. Louis Ribs, Octopus and Poached Hudson Valley egg. All were amazing. I could not get enough of the Sweetbreads! For the entree we had the Plancha marina, roasted chicken, sea bass, and the ricotta ‘cuscino’ . All looked amazing, however we all commented on how everything was over salted. My seafood dish consisted of scallops, seppiolini and head on shrimp. Everything was cooked perfectly however the shrimp was very salty. Overall we had a great time and would definitely come back. I hope they work out the salt issue.Special Features:
- FantasticHeatherVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great food, great service, great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried really hard.SteveEatsOutDined on 8/9/2014...almost too hard. We had a special app of pappardelle that was a standout. The entrees of pork and chicken were good but almost had too much going on. It's hard to explain but neither of us finished our entrees. This never happens. My broccoli rabb was so bitter that it was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this new spot!ispyjmsDined on 8/7/2014What a delightful new spot in the old Dressler space. We loved everything we ate (crab cakes, octopus salad, sea bass, coscina, cavatelli, CHEESECAKE, peach tart) and had excellent service. The space is beautiful, clean, crisp, and modern, but very warm and inviting at the same time. LOVED the wallpaper. Lovely wine list w/ reasonable and delicious selections. And the chef, his partners and his wife round out the overall excellent vibe of this place. GO!Special Features:
- Terrific new find!DinescoutVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was just creative enough to be special and was spectacularly good - the staff was very friendly and nice and the ambience was lovely and cheerful -all around excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!mrowlandDined on 8/2/2014Our group of six had a fantastic dinner here on a Saturday night. Every dish was amazing, and a few got raves such as "the best __ I ever had". My pescaterian friend ordered the oysters again for dessert because they were so good. He also loved the roasted baby carrots. The poached egg was excellent, and the mushrooms were super savory. The hanger steak was fantastic, and even split with my wife was a very sizeable portion. For dessert, the panna cotta and semifreddo were popular. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness !KmanDined on 8/2/2014Went here Saturday for friends birthday. Everything about the place was great. Great space added to awesome food and service. Very enjoyable and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodieswillyburgdinerDined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit and we really enjoyed both of our dining experiences here. The mix of small and entrée plates gives everyone a great range of choices. The addition of interesting seasonal specials is great as well. The hanger steak is one of the best dishes along with bronzino and cod for great fish choices. The service is exceptional and the ambiance makes it a great addition to the Williamsburg restaurant scene on Broadway. Wine selection is excellent, but a little pricey by the bottle.Special Features:
- CandyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014A wonderful experience! The food was delicious and service amazing. We will definitely return. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service and ambiancejahovaVIPDined on 7/29/2014went for earlier midweek dinner - excellent cocktails, got pasta which was cooked perfectly, trout crepe and octopus to start. finished off with steak and carrots - excellent meal, service and very charming place. i miss dressler, but this is a worthy replacement.Special Features:
- a very welcome changeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014Dedicated, talented hard workers havecompletely transformed the space that was Dressler; Meadowsweet is a fully contemporary, more affordable, seasonal and excellent restaurant now. Should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicecfriedman2000Dined on 7/28/2014Hello Darlin!! enjoyed my visit--food was well prepared and the staff was attentive. Pleasant design and layout. Excellent cup of coffee too!loved our hostess with the mini ipad. would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- GOOOOODkuaoboDined on 7/25/2014I like the atmosphere also good cocktail with there herbs !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 7/24/2014Excellent dinner at Meadowsweet on July 24th. Chef Polo Dobkin and his talented wife got it going on. The Müller‑Thurgau was on the mark too. Meadowsweet is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boris62VIPDined on 7/24/2014Everything about our meal at Meadowsweet was absolutely perfect. Service was friendly and attentive. The menu is interesting and lived up to my expectations and all the other glowing reviews I had read. We ordered, among other things, fried artichokes, BBQ ribs and both fish entrees. Would have gladly eaten second helpings of each. I would (will) absolutely go back.Special Features:
- Sweet it is!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014Food is outstanding and the staff is even better! Skip Luger's (across the street) and go to Meadowsweet. You won't be sorry. LOVED it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findTimothyRDined on 7/22/2014Great to see the old Dressler's spot being put to such good use. Dishes are small, so ordering a couple of appetizers probably won't be too much. We were a large table, so ordered several apps. The veal sweetbreads special was good; carrots and honey and fried baby artichokes were nice. Ribs app were substantial and classically presented; scallops cerviche was light. Salted cod was more salty and less classic salted cod. The pork chop and chicken dishes were surprisingly substantial and well-received. The hanger steak was smaller sized and very tasty. The wine list is not bad; our malbec was v good at $42. Desserts were excellent: coconut ice cream pie was a standout.Special Features:
- Damn Near Perfect...BKFoodNinjaDined on 7/18/2014Savory Mediterranean-inspired nouveau cuisine. No pretense. Great service. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Everything was greatAFewWordsDined on 7/17/2014Everything was great. Get the cod, it is overwhelmingly good. I haven't been this excited about complimentary bread in a long time. Wonderful staff, just about the friendliest group of people you'll meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Treat in WilliamsburgFish5VIPDined on 7/15/2014Very much enjoyed our dinner experience at Meadowsweet. We started with the octopus, which was very nice. Pastas were very good, nicely portioned. The steak was excellent, salmon was good but could have been less done for my palate. Interesting selection of wines. Well worth the trip from Manhattan!Special Features:
- Fabulous all around!NYGrasshopperDined on 7/14/2014What a great addition to the NY restaurant scene! Polo Dobkin's new Williamsburg restaurant is OUT-STAND-ING! I enjoyed some of the best dishes of my life. Notable appetizers were the poached egg with truffles over grilled asparagus, the pea Ravioli with ricotta and the crispy artichoke hearts with chanterelle mushrooms. The hangar steak entree was also divine. HIGHLY recommended!Special Features:
- Nice ChangeParticularVIPDined on 7/11/2014Meadowsweet is a welcome addition to South Williamsburg. Unlike most of the totally fine, but not great, places to dine in the neighborhood Meadowsweet has casual white tablecloth service and food to match. Everything we ate was delicious; the honey-roasted carrots should not be missed. Good spot for vegetarians and meat eaters. The cocktails are also original and excellent.Special Features:
- RavenDined on 6/30/2014Expertly executed food and a beautiful space. Great having this in the neighborhood. Will recommend and will rerurn soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodGKandHKVIPDined on 6/28/2014Restaurant 10 days old. Food was delicious, but wish portions were bigger. Our very friendly waiter seemed a bit over stretched, but I expect that they'll work out the staffing situation as the place gets its sea legs. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014A friend recommended Meadowsweet to me on Friday evening and seeing as I needed a last minute reservation for Saturday night I was surprised to have been fortunate enough to get a table at such short notice. The food was exceptional and reasonably priced too. I was a little bit shocked to see the mark up on the bottle of wine that we had but I'll now put that down to some good luck (since I can buy it to stock up my own collection now for a much more reasonable price knowing the real retail price). I will most certainly be going again!Special Features:
- Exceptional rebirth!!Oliver374VIPDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I were big fans of Dressler and were so sad when it closed. When I saw that a new place was opening with the same chef we were ecstatic!! I took a chance after only opening 10 days earlier and took my husband and son their for my husband's birthday and were literally in love with everything we tasted!! Sweetbreads were exceptional as were the oysters, fried artichokes, and pork chops and bellies. Incredible food and we all walked out of there saying it was some of the BEST meals we had eaten in a very long time!! I will note as well that we liked the ambiance much more……lighter and very welcoming. Kudos to the chef and staff for having a fabulous opening and we wish you all the best!!Special Features:
- great start!sidecarsteveDined on 6/27/2014Great start for new restaurant. As big fans of the former space Dressler, we were excited to see a new restaurant in our former nabe favorite. The space is the opposite of dressler, with lots of light and modern accents. Will always rememember that crazy chandelier from dressler! Food is solid but hopefully still working to refine the service and menu. Highlights were a delicious lamb loin and succulent octopus. Skip the mediocre cavatelli and the overly lemony fried artichokes. Great cocktails and wine selection. A good addition to the hood. Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Brooklyn FindDBNYCVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great food and even better service. They have really created a wonderful restaurant out of the old Dressler space. The food and the wonderful staff are top notch! Go!Special Features:
- Hello MeadowsweetBklyneaterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Dined at Meadowsweet on Saturday night. So happy to be back in the old Dressler location, but even happier with the bright and airy renovation of the space and glad we were able to enjoy the efforts of the chef. The food was delicious from start to finish. We particularly enjoyed the smoked trout salad, fried artichokes, the chicken with dumplings and the seafood a la plancha. Loved the home-made mini bread loaves and the cocktails too. Special kudos for managing the food and service so well on a Saturday night during opening week. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Meadowsweet reviews archive.