Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meadowsweetnyc.com/
- Phone: 718-384-0673x
- Hours of Operation:
6-11pm (kitchen), bar is open until midnight
6-12am (kitchen), bar is open until 1am
6pm-10pm (kitchen), bar is open until 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Polo Dobkin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch
A word from Meadowsweet
Meadowsweet is a new restaurant in Williamsburg.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Meadowsweet - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Meadowsweet reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (52)romantic (40)hot spot (36)notable wine list (29)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Glad to see the return!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Current menu is very similar and echoes the high standards of the former Dressler - food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Meadowsweet is fantastic! Polo is truly a master chef! It was the best food I've ever tasted. Really looking forward to going back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!nadiabDined on 10/19/2014Each plate was excellent! I would go back anytime!Special Features:
- Loved everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/11/2014Went with friends on a Saturday night. Food was across the board spectacular - scallop ceviche, crispy artichokes, octopus and oysters to start. Mixed seafood and chicken mains both exceptional with great and distinct flavors. The 2 desserts we tried - corn cake with blueberry sorbet and a coconut pie - were sublime perfection. Cannot wait to go back as this place is first rate. And has a GREAT tequila selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/9/2014Very nice dining experience. Food was delicious, staff friendly only thing was our table was not ready at the reserved time. We had to wait around the bar for a bit..Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantEricEZDined on 10/9/2014Came here for my boyfriend's birthday. We shared the scallop ceviche, the duck gnocchi and the steak from the specials of the day. Everything tasted great. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine menu. She suggested a Gamay which was awesome. Overall experience was great. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Delicious dishes. Great service.JADKVIPDined on 10/8/2014The octopus appetizer was fabulous. There were 3 fish options as a main course and we had 2 of them -- delicious! Our waitress knew her stuff and was attentive without being overbearing. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Star?ParticularVIPDined on 10/4/2014We recently ate at Meadowsweet for the second time and we were not impressed this time around. There was one outstanding dish- the carrots on the snack menu. The dinner rolls are also especially good but the rest of the food was good but not special in any way. Nothing popped or sizzled or felt new or fresh. It was an okay dining experience. The dining room was also exceptionally noisy.Special Features:
- Pricey with Small PortionsHeleneVIPDined on 10/3/2014I ordered 2 kinds of Oysters. Cape Cod and Washington. Both were good. At $3.00 to $3.50 each. My husband ordered the octopus appetizer. He said it was too fishy. Main dishes were steak and Cod. Great presentation, only 4-5 pieces of steak,tender but came out cold. I did not send it back since we were in a rush. Small piece of Cod with the 2 smallest shrimps they could find and in addition 2 small clams. We laughed when a small bowl was brought over for those 2 shells. They served it with a piece of bread on top. Why? I have no idea. He said it was o.k as far as taste. I then ordered the tres leche cake since I was still hungry. It was tasty but nothing to write home about. Overall food was o.k, service excellent but will not be returning.Special Features:
- FabulousAVD2eatDined on 10/3/2014The food was stunning, perfect choice for my group of out of town guests. They were very impressed.Special Features:
- A must go!JasperDined on 10/1/2014We highly recommend Meadowsweet! We recently had our anniversary dinner there and could not have been more pleased with the amazing food and impeccable service. I must add they have just been awarded the coveted Michelin star. Need i say moreSpecial Features:
- The BestManofshineDined on 9/25/2014Really enjoyed the experience! Delicious food and a great time. We went here for our anniversary and loved every second, from the octopus to the donuts!!Special Features:
- An absolute must in W-burgluvfoodVIPDined on 9/22/2014Fantastic spot, the food was over the top amazing, have to have the cavatelli pasta appetizer, sheer joy. Highly recommend the steak. It's a great spot to have a date & a great place for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014We had the crab cakes, pork chops, and hangar steak, plus a couple cocktails and wine. Interesting wine list, and all of the food was impeccable without being so "creative" that it misses the point. Recommend most highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJamesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Excellent decor and ambience, excellent food (a real gastronomic experience) and excellent service. What more can I say....Special Features:
- Loved my dinner here!!EstelleDined on 9/9/2014Everything was excellent, from the delicious food to the great service and ambience. Highly rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable expirienceYuliyaDined on 9/7/2014Went there on Thursday night (late dinner) and was totally stunned by service, food and overall experience. Perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- PerfectLadyTeabagDined on 9/3/2014I have been to Meadowsweet two times now, and each time has been very pleasurable and of a high quality. The menu selection is not only healthy, but also fit for foodies. All of the waitstaff are very kind and accommodating. There isn't anything about the restaurant that I would change. Comfortable noise level, good spacing between tables, and the lights dim to just dark enough to be romantic but not so dark that you can't read the menu or see your food. Excellent!!Special Features:
- tullymontyDined on 8/31/2014Boyfriend and I were huge fans of Dressler and loved to splurge there on special occasions. So we had high hopes for Meadowsweet, which did not disappoint! I had the pork chop, which came with polenta with fresh corn and mustard greens. Still thinking about how much I loved it 2 days later! Boyfriend also loved his entree, which was the wild sea bass with mushrooms and stewed heirloom tomatoes. We had the grilled squid starter, which was good but I can't say I would get it again--it was a bit too vinegary and the price was a bit steep at $19. And the coconut ice cream pie...oh, the coconut ice cream pie! It was absolutely heavenly. The service was impeccable. I'm not a huge fan of the minimalist decor, but that is a personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetJetsolVIPDined on 8/30/2014Came with a group of 5. They squeezed us into a table for four, and that was the only negative of the entire evening. Our server was personable and quick, the food was terrific. We had the trout appetizer at our servers recommendation, and it was really fantastic. In fact everything we ate was delicious. We each tried four different entrees, pork chop, steak, chicken, black bass and each were terrific. I'd recommend it and we'll be returning.Special Features:
- Fresh and excitingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014Our dinner was for a small work group. From the fresh and delicious oysters to the flavorful ricotta starter, we were impressed. Presentation was fantastic, pace was and attention from servers was perfect and the tequila habanero drink to start was delightful. Definitely should be on your list!Special Features:
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014the seafood is to die for and the service was top notch. We went on a quiet Tuesday and the scallop ceviche and seafood sampler were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so goodcocoDined on 8/15/2014i will crave the chicken dish. the pasta special made me want more than a taste, and i don't eat pasta. the staff was so charming i wanted them to join us. i had friends in from out of town who are serious foodies, and all were pleased. thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedHonestlyDined on 8/15/2014The food was very good, but the portion sizes for the prices were totally unacceptable. A new establishment serving entire meals the size of your fist for $28-30 is absurd. The most annoying part is that the owners claim that's fair pricing for their overhead. Well, it's fair to go somewhere else where the food is just as good and priced fairly.Special Features:
- Pricey for what they offerStuka123VIPDined on 8/14/2014I see so many new restaurants in Williamsburg, they are all about the same. Meadowsweet has a brief menu with the new trend, small and large options. We tried two appetizers and one main course. All of them were ok, nothing to remark I expected more. We spent $ 242 tip included. A bottle of wine, two cocktails, a bottle of water, 2 appetizers, two main courses, two desserts and a dessert wine. The best part were the desserts.
- Great food but a bit inconsistentFoodTravelerDined on 8/11/2014We had a party of 4. The location, interior, decor, ambiance were all great. We each ordered one cocktail each which i thought were OK. Nothing great but not horrible either. For apps we had the Sweetbreads, St. Louis Ribs, Octopus and Poached Hudson Valley egg. All were amazing. I could not get enough of the Sweetbreads! For the entree we had the Plancha marina, roasted chicken, sea bass, and the ricotta ‘cuscino’ . All looked amazing, however we all commented on how everything was over salted. My seafood dish consisted of scallops, seppiolini and head on shrimp. Everything was cooked perfectly however the shrimp was very salty. Overall we had a great time and would definitely come back. I hope they work out the salt issue.Special Features:
- FantasticHeatherVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great food, great service, great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried really hard.SteveEatsOutDined on 8/9/2014...almost too hard. We had a special app of pappardelle that was a standout. The entrees of pork and chicken were good but almost had too much going on. It's hard to explain but neither of us finished our entrees. This never happens. My broccoli rabb was so bitter that it was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this new spot!ispyjmsDined on 8/7/2014What a delightful new spot in the old Dressler space. We loved everything we ate (crab cakes, octopus salad, sea bass, coscina, cavatelli, CHEESECAKE, peach tart) and had excellent service. The space is beautiful, clean, crisp, and modern, but very warm and inviting at the same time. LOVED the wallpaper. Lovely wine list w/ reasonable and delicious selections. And the chef, his partners and his wife round out the overall excellent vibe of this place. GO!Special Features:
- Terrific new find!DinescoutVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was just creative enough to be special and was spectacularly good - the staff was very friendly and nice and the ambience was lovely and cheerful -all around excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!mrowlandDined on 8/2/2014Our group of six had a fantastic dinner here on a Saturday night. Every dish was amazing, and a few got raves such as "the best __ I ever had". My pescaterian friend ordered the oysters again for dessert because they were so good. He also loved the roasted baby carrots. The poached egg was excellent, and the mushrooms were super savory. The hanger steak was fantastic, and even split with my wife was a very sizeable portion. For dessert, the panna cotta and semifreddo were popular. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness !KmanDined on 8/2/2014Went here Saturday for friends birthday. Everything about the place was great. Great space added to awesome food and service. Very enjoyable and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodieswillyburgdinerDined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit and we really enjoyed both of our dining experiences here. The mix of small and entrée plates gives everyone a great range of choices. The addition of interesting seasonal specials is great as well. The hanger steak is one of the best dishes along with bronzino and cod for great fish choices. The service is exceptional and the ambiance makes it a great addition to the Williamsburg restaurant scene on Broadway. Wine selection is excellent, but a little pricey by the bottle.Special Features:
- CandyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014A wonderful experience! The food was delicious and service amazing. We will definitely return. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service and ambiancejahovaVIPDined on 7/29/2014went for earlier midweek dinner - excellent cocktails, got pasta which was cooked perfectly, trout crepe and octopus to start. finished off with steak and carrots - excellent meal, service and very charming place. i miss dressler, but this is a worthy replacement.Special Features:
- a very welcome changeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014Dedicated, talented hard workers havecompletely transformed the space that was Dressler; Meadowsweet is a fully contemporary, more affordable, seasonal and excellent restaurant now. Should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicecfriedman2000Dined on 7/28/2014Hello Darlin!! enjoyed my visit--food was well prepared and the staff was attentive. Pleasant design and layout. Excellent cup of coffee too!loved our hostess with the mini ipad. would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- GOOOOODkuaoboDined on 7/25/2014I like the atmosphere also good cocktail with there herbs !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 7/24/2014Excellent dinner at Meadowsweet on July 24th. Chef Polo Dobkin and his talented wife got it going on. The Müller‑Thurgau was on the mark too. Meadowsweet is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boris62VIPDined on 7/24/2014Everything about our meal at Meadowsweet was absolutely perfect. Service was friendly and attentive. The menu is interesting and lived up to my expectations and all the other glowing reviews I had read. We ordered, among other things, fried artichokes, BBQ ribs and both fish entrees. Would have gladly eaten second helpings of each. I would (will) absolutely go back.Special Features: