The Restaurant at Meadowood
900 Meadowood Lane
Saint Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
The Restaurant at Meadowood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.therestaurantatmeadowood.com/
- Phone: (707) 967-1205
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Kostow
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Restaurant at Meadowood
The Restaurant at Meadowood offers an elegant, but relaxed dining experience featuring a modern approach to Napa Valley cuisine by Chef Christopher Kostow. "Approachable, dynamic, evocative and playful." The interior of The Restaurant showcases Meadowood’s natural, tranquil setting with rows of windows bringing the beautiful surroundings into full view. The Restaurant features a two hundred and twenty-five dollar prix fixe Chef’s Tasting Menu and a five hundred dollar Chef's Counter Menu. A tailored wine and spirits pairing experience is also available to accompany the menus. Given the nature of the set menus for each evening, we invite and encourage you to contact us once booked online to make us aware of any allergies or dietary restrictions several days in advance of your reservation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Restaurant at Meadowood - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
The Restaurant at Meadowood reviews from OpenTable diners
- A five star experience.WallyVIPDined on 11/14/2014Probably was not fair that we dined at the French Laundry the night before. (and In n Out Burger on Saturday to complete our culinary tour of Napa). Overall we would compare the two as follows: French Laundry has a much more intimate feel. Meadowood started very strong, but the finish was not comparable to the French Laundry. The Meadowood staff was gracious and allowed us to tour the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the, if not the, best meal I have ever had.PeterLDined on 11/12/2014A wonderful dining experience delivered by a knowledgeable talent team. My guest said that he will never for get it. The same is true for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNAPADined on 11/8/2014Our small group was warmly welcomed by a friendly hostess. While our waiting time by the fireplace was longer than we had expected or liked (since our reservation was the last one of the day 9:30), we diverted our attention to the beautifully remodeled restaurant and enjoyed the warmth of the fireplace. We all loved out 12 course dinner prepared by Chef Kostow & his staff. We ESPECIALLY loved our sommelier, Victoria. Her selection of wines were so appreciated, we spent the next day visiting Corison, in search for Kronos! We would love to return soon! Thank you for the incredibly wonderful experience.Special Features:
- World-class food and serviceVMMATXVIPDined on 11/8/2014Having 3 Michelin stars means that the food is so good, the restaurant is worth a trip to the area just to eat there. This is very much the truth when it comes to The Restaurant at Meadowood. This was one of the best meals I've ever had, and I've dined at some of the top restaurants in Europe and Asia. Each course was meticulously crafted, extremely creative and most importantly, absolutely delicious. The service was impeccable and no detail was overlooked. From the personalized note waiting for us at the table, to the kitchen tour at the end of the meal. We felt like welcomed guests, not just clients. I look forward to dining here again some time in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceChristyspiritDined on 11/7/2014We had been wanting to try The Restaurant all year and finally got a reservation. We were not disappointed! Every detail is taken care of. The staff were present, detailed, respectful & knew each course intimately. The plates made by local artisans, the chairs comfortable. They knew us each by name, & paid attention to our food allergies/intolerances which allowed us to relax & enjoy the experience. The food was an amazing taste adventure, and paired beautifully with the wine selections. Each dish was presented perfectly, and was art itself. It's one of those meals that uses a ridiculous amount of utensils/plates & is so worth it. If you have a really special occasion make reservations ahead if time. It's very much worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beyond fooddwd3067Dined on 11/7/2014The staff at meadowood provided the finest dining experience of my life to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special experienceKimiDined on 11/6/2014The service was outstanding and the food was very good, the courses just kept coming! Our table was ours for the night we arrived at 8:30 PM and were the last guests to leave after midnight.Special Features:
- The best meal I've ever had in my life!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014This place met and exceeded all my very high expectations! The food was amazing, creatively designed, beautifully presented and so delicious. My dinner companion and I had lots of food restrictions being lactose and gluten intolerant. The chef thoroughly accommodated our needs, with impeccable dishes that were not only healthy, but amazingly delicious. We have been to many five star restaurants and my guest and I both concur that this was our best meal ever! Not only was the food above all standards, the service, the atmosphere, the entire experience goes above all ratings! In a league of its own!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidKVIPDined on 11/5/2014Only issue I had is if you don't do the wine pairing with the food, the price of a glass of wine is not reasonable, the cheapest was $25; I know good wine being served, but menu should have options for a wide range, given the expense of the tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!SusanVIPDined on 11/5/2014The tasting menu at The Restaurant at Meadowood was amazing. And so was the wine pairing they offered.Special Features:
- PattyDined on 11/4/2014It was wonderful to finally have an exceptional dinner in a quiet restaurant. Everything had a wonderful flavor. I have a delicate stomach and had no problems. The staff was very attentive and polite. Where else would you get the opportunity to taste so many delicious foods. The wine list was fabulous. We were even given a tour of the kitchen which was spotless. I thought the price was a little steep. I think it was maybe worth $150.00 - $175.00 per person. But overall it was a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerkgaddorDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I dined at Meadowood for our 5 year wedding anniversary. It was an exceptional evening. The staff was warm and attentive. The food was superb, and the sommelier chose fantastic pairings to accompany our meal.Special Features:
- A fine dining experienceGourmand7000Dined on 10/30/2014We tried the 20 course Chef's menu. Servings were small so we were able to try all the dishes. The presentation was outstanding and many of the dishes excellent & unusual. The wine pairings complemented the dishes very well. Service was excellent. On par with other Michelin 3 star restaurants we've tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of our trip!NorthroxVIPDined on 10/29/2014We ate our way around the Bay area on our trip and this meal was the highlight. Beautifully presented, creative and absolutely delicious. Worth the big price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once in a lifetime experiencejanetkDined on 10/27/2014Dining at Meadowood was an incredible experience, from the service to the food to the ambience. Even prior to our reservation, the restaurant reached out to ask about any food allergies or dietary restrictions and to confirm everyone in the party's name (for personalized take-home menus as a souvenir). The service was attentive and on point, and the food was delicious, innovative, and stunning. The price is appropriate, given the quality of food and the staff. I really can't think of a better way to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014The tasting menu is more than just great food, it is a great experience! From the moment you walk thru the front door to the tour of the kitchen after dinner, all of the staff cater to all of your needs. The sommelier is especially helpful in suggesting wines to go with the multiple courses.Special Features:
- Lost in translationAndreVIPDined on 10/27/2014It comes down to this, the food needs to be tasty enough to want more....we didn't. Baking a bird inside a loaf of bread sounds cool but if it does not make either taste better, then why?
- A pure dining experienceJohnCFLDined on 10/21/2014The Restaurant at Meadowood is what a dining experience should be. From the moment you arrive, the experience is the best. The servers are not only professional in making sure your courses are prompt and well defined, they are also the friendliest and most down to earth that I have experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing culinary experience!AnnieDined on 10/20/2014Definitely recommend this 3 Michelin Star restaurant! Have been to quite a few of them, and this was one of the best experiences I've had! The food was incredible, the staff super nice and the ambiance was beautiful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Great food and service. Great place. Very nice for special occasion. Will visit again. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earns its starsbobzillaDined on 10/17/2014We went for our anniversary, had an excellent and amazing experience. Enjoyed seeing the kitchen afterwards, maybe next time we can do the chef's table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!garci24Dined on 10/13/2014Everything was top notch from the moment we arrived. Service was impeccable and the food was marvelousSpecial Features:
- WowgandaVIPDined on 10/10/2014This place is as advertised. Fantastic food and service and the overall experience is tremendous. I recommend it to everyone when in the valley.Special Features:
- anniversary20Dined on 10/10/2014Came looking for spectacular dining experience. Food was wonderful and definitely lived up to expectation in taste and presentation. Service left a lot to be desired and took away from overall dining experience. We waited 30 minutes to be seated for a 9:15 reservation and was waved in as if we were at Olive Garden. The waitsfaff in general seemed unenthusiastic and standoffish with the standout being our head waiter who bordered on snobby. Maybe they thought this is the way they were supposed to act as part of the high priced dining experience. The friendly yet classy service we received at French Laundry the next night should serve as an example to the staff here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb !!!foodkingDined on 10/7/2014Restaurant Meadowood is worthy of all it's glorious reviews. The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable. A truly wonderful experience for anyone fond of upscale dinning. The attention to detail by everyone involved in the dinner service from the kitchen to the front of house makes Meadowood one for your dinning bucket list. Yes, it's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Vegetal forward"EnjoysgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/6/2014I've been to several fine dining establishments (Per Se, Charlie Trotter, Enoteca Pinchiorri, etc.) and this experience was by far the worst. Total tab for 2 with tax tip and wine was $1100. For that we got about about 3 ounces of protein total (we orders the meat menu, mind you). If you are looking for a grand gourmand dining experience and have had one in the past with rich, delicious food - expect to be underwhelmed...Special Features:
- Meadow(not)goodPhoodphantomDined on 10/4/2014Meadowood was an expensive disappointment. The sommalier was standoffish and pushy about the amount and price of the wine list. To explain, she seemed more interested in selling wine than suggesting wine. The food was mediocre and did not have much depth of flavor. There was far too much shellfish on the 12 course tasting and much of it was rubbery. I have nothing but regret about spending the money I did to attend this highly acclaimed establishment. It would appear that the only thing it has going for itself is its own pretension. I am an experienced diner and there were courses that were so bitter and unpleasant that I passed on them entirely. I have had better meals at Taco Bell.Special Features:
- My best food experience everDdenniscpaDined on 10/3/2014This is a very expensive evening. Dinner was 3+ hours and well worth the time and money. Staff was helpful - each of the 12 courses were explained succinctly and completely. A highlight of our Napa vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!!Dejaview2Dined on 9/24/2014I was a little worried when we walked up to the entrance and there were three guys mulling around just to greet us. I was thinking just one guy would be fine and the other two could be in the kitchen doing prep work. Well it turns out, they didn't need any extra help in the kitchen. Great evening and the food was exceptional!! One slight problem, it tends to be a little loud in the dining area but since we had a late reservation, it became less of a problem as other diners left.Special Features:
- Fantastic service, good foodsmilsguenDined on 9/24/2014I will start out by saying that the service here is impeccable. The staff is very attentive and informative. We had told them we were celebrating our honeymoon and they had a very lovely note waiting for us on our table. If we could go back just for the service alone we would. For the food, I did enjoy it however I think I expected a little more from it. One dish was too spicy for me (I had said I couldn't have anything spicy beforehand) which was a little disappointing. And we both not care for a veal dish, there just wasn't anything memorable to it. The wine pairing was decent but the cocktail we ordered was amazing. Overall the food was creative and delicious and something everyone should experience. I'm not sure we would go back though.Special Features:
- Incredible dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Though you definitely pay dearly for it - the meal at The Restaurant at Meadowood is quite something. We were there for over 4 hours enjoying the 20 course meal. We will be talking about it for quite a while. Such incredible attention to detail with the food and service. Really enjoyed having a tour of the well run kitchen. Neat to experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingwdc88Dined on 9/18/2014Pretty much indescribable, but I'll try... The 12-course tasting menu, customized to each diner's likes/dislikes, was worthy of every one of the three Michelin stars this places owns. Fresh local ingredients, superb flavors layered atop one another in astounding combinations, breath-taking presentations. The sommelier gave us three absolutely perfect recommendations for half-bottles of white, red, and dessert wines. Afterwards, we were offered a tour of the kitchen, which was itself a remarkable experience. Ambiance is quiet, elegant, relaxing. Service was welcoming, attentive, completely unpretentious. (Not accustomed to 3-star dining, we were a bit worried about this -- don't be!) Unforgettable. We'll go again as soon as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OopsfoodieDined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious. We were meet at the front door by the valet who would be organizing our return car service for us which was great. We then were greeted by a girl who was a bit kooky. She addressed me as "my lady". Both my husband and I ordered a Martini. Mine was Belvedere, his Ketel One. The server returned advising us that they were out of Belvedere and suggested a different vodka I had not heard of. I opted to go with Ketel One. As she turned to leave another server delivered our Martinis to us. Obviously she had already made my decision on my choice of vodka. It was fine but when dining at a restaurant of this high standard more is expected. No one spoke to us about the drinks. My husband was going to but I asked him not to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceiheartfoodDined on 9/18/2014The best service that I've ever received in a fine dining setting. A lot of veggies in the menu. Healthy choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long and small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Took too long between dishes. Portions were way smaller than expected. Food was delicious but not worth the price at all.Special Features:
- PerfectBradDined on 9/16/2014It is my best dinner ever ! I will enjoy and appreciate the offering the restaurant provide ! I will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unmet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014for a michilen 3 star restaurant, this one did not meet our expectations. a few of the courses were ok, but most unimpressive. there are many great restaurants in the Napa valley and this is not one of them. the wine pairings were great, but the price of the pairings was way out of line for the pairings used.
- Simply the best experience.LocalfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014It exceeded our expectation in terms of food and service. Never imagined a restaurant catering the menu to your likes/dislikes, allergies and your personal wine. Did not think that a Michelin star especially a 3 star place would be this customer friendly as that has not been our past experience. The freshness of food was evident in every bite and every dish. My wife and I decided that from now on this would be our new anniversary place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a 3*tdiddyVIPDined on 9/12/2014this place serves good, imaginative food, with good service. But both the service and taste do not "wow" compared to several other 3*s, particularily in Europe. I would also suggest that Saison, which we dined at shortly before, was superior in most aspects (the style of food was similar, simply better though)
- Finest dining experience -- ever!FoodieEricDined on 9/11/2014Now I know why they have 3 Michelin stars. We had high expectations going in having experienced near perfection at The French Laundry the previous night and Chef Kostow and company exceeded expectations. The service was beyond excellent -- they greeted us and knew us by name at arrival and we were greeted and thanked by Chef Kostow himself at the end. And the food! I had no idea you could make food like this! Our favorites were the Veal Short Ribs with Trout Roe Dill and their Surf Clam with Lardo, Sea Lettuce and Avocado though it is difficult to pick a favorite as all were excellent.Special Features: