The Grill at Meadowood
900 Meadowood Lane
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill at Meadowood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meadowood.com/wine-and-cuisine/the-grill
- Phone: (707) 968-3144
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -9:30pm Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00AM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Victoria Gusman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Meadowood Grill can accommodate private parties and banquet functions from 20 - 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Smith 7079671267
A word from The Grill at Meadowood
Enjoy a casual meal in The Grill, complete with sweeping views of the estate’s grounds and golf course. The Grill offers a daily menu featuring ingredients fresh from Meadowood’s own garden. The menu and style is light and healthful with perfect and natural ingredients taking center stage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Grill at Meadowood - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
The Grill at Meadowood reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)scenic view (35)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (20)romantic (19)special occasion (18)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- My Favorite Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant in USAnglophileDined on 11/23/2014I love relaxing out on the deck, listening to the birds and feasting on the view of the wood and the golf course and the swans, should they choose to make an appearance. The food is perfect and the service is perfection itself. Five stars, no TEN stars, for The Grill at Meadowood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmyblueizeDined on 11/8/2014We booked The Grill for a 50th birthday wine country lunch for our brother. I told the restaurant it was his 50th birthday and requested a table outside. When we arrived, it looked like they weren't expecting us so they set up an outdoor table way at the back of the patio where other Meadowood employees were frequently going up and down the stairs by us. We were a little embarrassed that we'd make such a big deal out of eating there and having that be our experience. The waiters were very friendly though at least three of them asked if we wanted still or sparkling water before we finally got some. I would recommend this restaurant only if you're staying at Meadowood and feel like having a quick burger for lunch before heading out on the day.
- Incredible Food and PeopleKDH2Dined on 11/7/2014The scenery overlooking the golf course and wooded landscape at sunset was one of the best in the Valley. The staff was very accommodating and friendly from start to finish. Make sure you try the flatbread, beat salad and brioche desert- truly exceptional.Special Features:
- Could Have Been BettersuszzVIPDined on 11/4/2014We decided on the Grill due to the many positive reviews on Open Table. Have eaten several times at The Restaurant in Meadowood and didn't expect to compare the two. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable about the food. We chose the 4 course prix fix dinner. Started off great with appetizer and soup, then went downhill from there. The duck was lacking in flavor. It tasted like salt and pepper pan fried duck breast. The dessert I chose was the panna cotta. I had to ask the waiter what flavor was the panna cotta because I did not taste the "chocolate" at all. Overall, the dinner took 3 long unnecessary hours!!
- Late Day DinnerJimbo326VIPDined on 10/27/2014Had the chance to dine here recently after a very long travel day. It was a great fall day and was just getting dark but the staff was fine with letting us dine outdoors and had the heat lamps set up. Appetizer special was fig flat bread and was terrific. The duck was also great and the brioche dessert topped off the night. Our server, Mike, was on point and not obtrusive and deserved a big hand in making this dining experience what it was with his knowledge of the menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableVinoVeritasZZVIPDined on 10/25/2014While we were disappointed that The Restaurant at Meadwood was closed while we were there, The Grill was a terrific alternative. Food and service were top-notch, and teh wine list had some real gems.Special Features:
- underwhelmeditsnothotenoughDined on 10/24/2014I ordered the pasta at lunch and it was really bland and the temperature of the dish was barely tepid. Very expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Beautiful place!Beachgirl9999VIPDined on 10/18/2014We ordered the food and wine pairing tasting dinner. It was a lot of fun! We were able to choose 4 courses from a nice selection. And they chose the wines that would pair best with what we ordered. Everything was very good, the pear soup and the mushroom flatbread were outstanding! The service was excellent (a little too serious)! And the wine choices with explanation was excellent. This is a good place for a special occasion or nice night out! While the whole experience was excellent, I have had better food at other restaraunts. There were 2 other events going on nearby and sitting in the deck you hear them. This was a Saturday night. But I would recommend the restarant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Outstanding service. setting is beautiful. Staff was aware it was our 50th anniversary, and many wished us well, and we were served a gratis glass of champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem!GinnySVIPDined on 10/2/2014This hidden gem surprised us. The setting is beautiful overlooking the golf course. We enjoyed the casual atmosphere and dining outdoors. The service was professional & friendly and added to our enjoyment of the evening. We chose the 4 course dinner and each course was perfectly prepared & served. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and have made The Grill @ Meadowood our new favorite restaurant in Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 9/30/2014A very nice grill with top notch food. It is off the beaten path so less hustle and bustle. Beautiful out door seating overlooking a golf course with garden. Staff certainly paod attention to detail in service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill at MeadowoodCathieDined on 9/21/2014The food was fabulous. We sat outside overlooking the golf course, amongst the trees and various shades of green. It was very relaxing and quiet. The inside dining area was a little too warm but outside was perfect. The Meadowood also has a winery, pool and spa and tennis courts. There is lodging available. Very nice location between Yountville and St. Helena on the Silverado Trail.Special Features:
- Wonderful Breakfast!MomLovesFoodVIPDined on 9/15/2014We make it a point to eat breakfast at Meadowood whenever we're in town. I have to have the Huevos Rancheros - eggs (cooked to order) with black beans, guacamole, sour cream & pico de gallo on a crispy tortilla... it is simply the best! They also have a wonderful American Breakfast as well as waffles & many other choices. We are never disappointed & always enjoy sitting on the back deck overlooking their golf course & wooded mountainside view. It is a great way to start the day!Special Features:
- High End Dinner2dy4Dined on 9/12/2014This was a special 43rd anniversary occasion and the seat, food and service was everything you could want it to be. The Kubota Pork Chop was tender and the special Kale salad added the right touch. My wife had the Salmon and it melted in her mouth. Done perfectly. We went upstairs where the High-End 12-19 course dinners were served for an after dinner cocktail. Please note I had a low end port and my wife had a low-end Chardonnay. The cost was $48. So if you want to spend less than $500 per person minimum, eat at The Grill downstairs.Special Features:
- Honeymoon DinnerHoneymoonersDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I were recently married in Napa. We are both chefs and foodies, and my wife surprised me with a dinner at the Grill. From start to finish the service was outstanding. The staff at the Grill were extremely attentive with regards to every need of ours, to include my need for a gluten-free menu due to an allergy. We were given a complimentary glass of champagne to celebrate our recent nuptials, and they very graciously chilled a bottle of wine we brought, and served us the same wine for no charge. We chose to do the four course tasting menu, which was paced very well. The whole setting was amazing, and the food was plated very well. My only slight issue was with the pork chop and potatoes being under-seasoned on my dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at MeadowoodneverseenDined on 8/10/2014Brilliant brunch.Fun to watch the sod going down for the new fairways on the golf course as you munch a Wagyu burger ! Impeccable service and a happy looking staff on a sunny Sunday afternoon- how much better could it be ? In memoriam : Carpe Diem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NashvilleNashvilleVIPDined on 8/4/2014Unfortunately, it was loud and dusty because a golf course is being redone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 246 reviews are from the The Grill at Meadowood reviews archive.
- Great place, except of serviceFooodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Everything was great except of the service. 2 parties that came after us were helped first. A menu should have been handed over to a lady first. Overally, a proper etiquette was lacking. Food and ambiance were lovely. Still would recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantAnglophileDined on 7/5/2014The Grill at Meadowood is my fabulous. It is often the case that I dine alone, and yet, I always feel welcomed at The Grill. The weather is such that it is nearly always possible to sit outside for a meal, and the view of the golf course, croquet lawn and Meadowood reception hall are beautiful and refreshing. The food and service are first class. If there is such a thing as first class plus, it should be awarded to The Grill. Special kudos to Paul, the manager, who ensures everyone is comfortable and at ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We will definitely be back. The fig flatbread was excellent, the hairloom salad with barrata was delicious and loved my pasta entree.Special Features:
- Nice Special occasion lunchrustydustDined on 6/18/2014We had lunch on the patio on a weekday to celebrate a birthday. Everything we ordered was delicious and healthy for you as well. The server was very helpful in assisting us in ordering. The flatbread starter lettuce salad with avocado dressing were great. The portions were generous and the complimentary dessert was a nice touch. They were accommodating in making me a vegetarian entree. I would have liked to have seen it listed on the menu. The place is pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Lunch at Meadowood Grill8aroundtheglobeDined on 6/10/2014Had lunch on the patio at Meadowood Grill this last Tuesday with my wife and another couple. Sat outside because the weather was beautiful, but our view over some ongoing construction/maintenance was less than ideal especially in light of its luxury orientation. We arrived a few minutes prior to the other couple and had brought a bottle of grower champagne. After asking him to ice the bottle, he proceeds to start to uncork it with out the other couple being present. Overall presentation by the servers of the meal left us with the sense of not being wanted and the timing of courses and lateness of items that were ordered left much to be desired in terms of the quality of experience. For the price definitely would not recommend.Special Features:
- I was a fancy food importergastranomeDined on 6/6/2014Epic effort. the ability to manage a remarkable and memorable flavor is faced with the often unwelcome issue in great restaurants and that is inconsistent dishes that range from great to great effort, not a wonderful result - down to totally not worth it and terribly incongruous. Specialty drinks are OK. The kitchen needs work and more depth. Servers are good, but act like we are in for a treat, but I received grade B minus dishes- With potential to mature and season into AA chefs (capable of combined depth of flavors and complexity that results in "simply wonderful").Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at MeadowoodChiefDined on 6/1/2014This is the second time we've been to The Grill and the staff was terrific as always. We would go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill is absolutely fabulousMharmathDined on 6/1/2014My friends and I went to the The Grill for Sunday brunch and sat out on the terrace. It was absolutely beautiful. Great view, great food and very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food needs to improveJoanneVIPDined on 5/30/2014It's a nice patio dining spot, but our dinner was not very good. The green salad with green goddess dressing was soggy and uninteresting. The Wagyu beef was over cooked, we had all asked for medium rare and got from medium to medium well. The veggies with the steak were very good.Special Features:
- Super FabulousLisainCalgaryDined on 5/25/2014This property and restaurant is truly excellent. The food is wonderful and the staff is knowledgeable and attentive. The wine list is vast and one of the best in the valley. I highly recommend this restaurant. This is a special and great find. PS: I love the label on the Harlan wines.....Special Features:
- Fabulous food and locationEnjoymyfoodDined on 5/25/2014Loved the views of the golf course and the croquet lawn set amongst the pines in a small glen in beautiful Napa Valley. The food was very fresh and tasty. The scallops were the best I've ever had. The staff were very nice and knowledgeable. We were a little early, but they were able to accommodate us. Was a part of a very memorable weekend in Napa Valley.Special Features:
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 5/25/2014Had a burger and a glass of wine at terrace seat overlooking the golf course. It was a very relaxing lunch time in Memorial Day weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014The food , service and ambience were great! We will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Scallops. Ever.FitzlovosDined on 5/12/2014We did the four course option and it was amazing! Every course was thoughtfully put together and delicious. The server was very nice and gave us a great wine suggestion. Scenery is beautiful- golf course, deer, trees...what more can you ask for? It's also very comfortable. Sometimes restaurants can take themselves too seriously or come off as stuffy, but this one was perfect. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2014Positives first. Beautiful setting, nice private room, kids menu. Food needs lots of work, prices too high for portion size, I had to get up & pour wine myself. Dined there before & never had an experience like this, and on Mother's Day. :o(Special Features:
- Wonderful food, atmosphere "so so"Gator4OkieVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food (breakfast) was wonderful. Wide variety of choices and fresh, fresh ingredients made it a superior, flavorful meal. The setting is rather bland if you're not a regular. We had reservations for 6 weeks and got an awful table by the door/bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful scenery for perfect lunchDakotacoastDined on 5/10/2014The winding, tree-canopied road leading to The Meadowood sets you up for a relaxing lunch in a picturesque setting. The grill is hidden on the back side of the parking lot, past the resort registration building, but once you get there, they take excellent care to make sure you are well served. We sat outside and watched white-clad folks enjoying a croquet match against the well-manicured lawn. The lunch fair was excellent, featuring fresh, local produce. We had a great conversation with the manager while we waited for our food. He recommended a book on the history of the area that my husband can't wait to start. The meal was served fresh and warm and the portions were generous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2014Disappointing. first morning for breakfast, I ordered berries & yogurt. they served a couple of spoonfuls of blueberries surrounded by five strawberries sliced in half and charged $18! Booked for Easter brunch the next day and they did nothing special - it was a few of their breakfast items and lunch items off their regular everyday menu. Prices are outrageous for what they serve.
- Excellent brunch on the terraceil2eVIPDined on 4/6/2014It was a picture perfect day. I had asked to be seated outside on the terrace. It was a beautiful day, great temperature and a very serene and relaxed atmosphere. The food was great and service excellent. Great experience. I definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Great Brunch on "The Grill" PatioMarkDined on 3/23/2014Had an absolutely fabulous brunch at The Grill. Our table outside on the patio gave us a beautiful view of the golf course and croquet course. Service was excellent and the menu offerings were delicious. Deserts were picture perfect and out of this world. Will be back I'm sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's expensive but worth itJuvieDined on 3/16/2014It's expensive but worth it for special occassion. Nice place and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicecansllVIPDined on 3/15/2014Had a small birthday party celebration. Staff were amazing and it was a very enjoyable evening. Food was superb. Highly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014We stayed at the Meadowood and I booked this reservation not knowing there was The Restaurant (not The Grill) and felt disappointed that I had missed a great restaurant but I was wrong. The food at The Grill is EXCELLENT and the wine list, though small, very nice, too. The relaxed atmosphere and first rate service made our evening fun and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.