The Grill at Meadowood
900 Meadowood Lane
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill at Meadowood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meadowood.com/wine-and-cuisine/the-grill
- Phone: 7079683144
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -9:30pm Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00AM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Victoria Gusman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Meadowood Grill can accommodate private parties and banquet functions from 20 - 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Smith 7079671267
A word from The Grill at Meadowood
Enjoy a casual meal in The Grill, complete with sweeping views of the estate’s grounds and golf course. The Grill offers a daily menu featuring ingredients fresh from Meadowood’s own garden. The menu and style is light and healthful with perfect and natural ingredients taking center stage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Grill at Meadowood - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
The Grill at Meadowood reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (48)scenic view (38)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (26)romantic (21)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Honeymoon DinnerHoneymoonersDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I were recently married in Napa. We are both chefs and foodies, and my wife surprised me with a dinner at the Grill. From start to finish the service was outstanding. The staff at the Grill were extremely attentive with regards to every need of ours, to include my need for a gluten-free menu due to an allergy. We were given a complimentary glass of champagne to celebrate our recent nuptials, and they very graciously chilled a bottle of wine we brought, and served us the same wine for no charge. We chose to do the four course tasting menu, which was paced very well. The whole setting was amazing, and the food was plated very well. My only slight issue was with the pork chop and potatoes being under-seasoned on my dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at MeadowoodneverseenDined on 8/10/2014Brilliant brunch.Fun to watch the sod going down for the new fairways on the golf course as you munch a Wagyu burger ! Impeccable service and a happy looking staff on a sunny Sunday afternoon- how much better could it be ? In memoriam : Carpe Diem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NashvilleNashvilleVIPDined on 8/4/2014Unfortunately, it was loud and dusty because a golf course is being redone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, except of serviceFooodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Everything was great except of the service. 2 parties that came after us were helped first. A menu should have been handed over to a lady first. Overally, a proper etiquette was lacking. Food and ambiance were lovely. Still would recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantAnglophileDined on 7/5/2014The Grill at Meadowood is my fabulous. It is often the case that I dine alone, and yet, I always feel welcomed at The Grill. The weather is such that it is nearly always possible to sit outside for a meal, and the view of the golf course, croquet lawn and Meadowood reception hall are beautiful and refreshing. The food and service are first class. If there is such a thing as first class plus, it should be awarded to The Grill. Special kudos to Paul, the manager, who ensures everyone is comfortable and at ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We will definitely be back. The fig flatbread was excellent, the hairloom salad with barrata was delicious and loved my pasta entree.Special Features:
- Nice Special occasion lunchrustydustDined on 6/18/2014We had lunch on the patio on a weekday to celebrate a birthday. Everything we ordered was delicious and healthy for you as well. The server was very helpful in assisting us in ordering. The flatbread starter lettuce salad with avocado dressing were great. The portions were generous and the complimentary dessert was a nice touch. They were accommodating in making me a vegetarian entree. I would have liked to have seen it listed on the menu. The place is pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Lunch at Meadowood Grill8aroundtheglobeDined on 6/10/2014Had lunch on the patio at Meadowood Grill this last Tuesday with my wife and another couple. Sat outside because the weather was beautiful, but our view over some ongoing construction/maintenance was less than ideal especially in light of its luxury orientation. We arrived a few minutes prior to the other couple and had brought a bottle of grower champagne. After asking him to ice the bottle, he proceeds to start to uncork it with out the other couple being present. Overall presentation by the servers of the meal left us with the sense of not being wanted and the timing of courses and lateness of items that were ordered left much to be desired in terms of the quality of experience. For the price definitely would not recommend.Special Features:
- I was a fancy food importergastranomeDined on 6/6/2014Epic effort. the ability to manage a remarkable and memorable flavor is faced with the often unwelcome issue in great restaurants and that is inconsistent dishes that range from great to great effort, not a wonderful result - down to totally not worth it and terribly incongruous. Specialty drinks are OK. The kitchen needs work and more depth. Servers are good, but act like we are in for a treat, but I received grade B minus dishes- With potential to mature and season into AA chefs (capable of combined depth of flavors and complexity that results in "simply wonderful").Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at MeadowoodChiefDined on 6/1/2014This is the second time we've been to The Grill and the staff was terrific as always. We would go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill is absolutely fabulousMharmathDined on 6/1/2014My friends and I went to the The Grill for Sunday brunch and sat out on the terrace. It was absolutely beautiful. Great view, great food and very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food needs to improveJoanneVIPDined on 5/30/2014It's a nice patio dining spot, but our dinner was not very good. The green salad with green goddess dressing was soggy and uninteresting. The Wagyu beef was over cooked, we had all asked for medium rare and got from medium to medium well. The veggies with the steak were very good.Special Features:
- Super FabulousLisainCalgaryDined on 5/25/2014This property and restaurant is truly excellent. The food is wonderful and the staff is knowledgeable and attentive. The wine list is vast and one of the best in the valley. I highly recommend this restaurant. This is a special and great find. PS: I love the label on the Harlan wines.....Special Features:
- Fabulous food and locationEnjoymyfoodDined on 5/25/2014Loved the views of the golf course and the croquet lawn set amongst the pines in a small glen in beautiful Napa Valley. The food was very fresh and tasty. The scallops were the best I've ever had. The staff were very nice and knowledgeable. We were a little early, but they were able to accommodate us. Was a part of a very memorable weekend in Napa Valley.Special Features:
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 5/25/2014Had a burger and a glass of wine at terrace seat overlooking the golf course. It was a very relaxing lunch time in Memorial Day weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014The food , service and ambience were great! We will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Scallops. Ever.FitzlovosDined on 5/12/2014We did the four course option and it was amazing! Every course was thoughtfully put together and delicious. The server was very nice and gave us a great wine suggestion. Scenery is beautiful- golf course, deer, trees...what more can you ask for? It's also very comfortable. Sometimes restaurants can take themselves too seriously or come off as stuffy, but this one was perfect. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2014Positives first. Beautiful setting, nice private room, kids menu. Food needs lots of work, prices too high for portion size, I had to get up & pour wine myself. Dined there before & never had an experience like this, and on Mother's Day. :o(Special Features:
- Wonderful food, atmosphere "so so"Gator4OkieVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food (breakfast) was wonderful. Wide variety of choices and fresh, fresh ingredients made it a superior, flavorful meal. The setting is rather bland if you're not a regular. We had reservations for 6 weeks and got an awful table by the door/bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful scenery for perfect lunchDakotacoastDined on 5/10/2014The winding, tree-canopied road leading to The Meadowood sets you up for a relaxing lunch in a picturesque setting. The grill is hidden on the back side of the parking lot, past the resort registration building, but once you get there, they take excellent care to make sure you are well served. We sat outside and watched white-clad folks enjoying a croquet match against the well-manicured lawn. The lunch fair was excellent, featuring fresh, local produce. We had a great conversation with the manager while we waited for our food. He recommended a book on the history of the area that my husband can't wait to start. The meal was served fresh and warm and the portions were generous.Special Features:
- The following 229 reviews are from the The Grill at Meadowood reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2014Disappointing. first morning for breakfast, I ordered berries & yogurt. they served a couple of spoonfuls of blueberries surrounded by five strawberries sliced in half and charged $18! Booked for Easter brunch the next day and they did nothing special - it was a few of their breakfast items and lunch items off their regular everyday menu. Prices are outrageous for what they serve.
- Excellent brunch on the terraceil2eVIPDined on 4/6/2014It was a picture perfect day. I had asked to be seated outside on the terrace. It was a beautiful day, great temperature and a very serene and relaxed atmosphere. The food was great and service excellent. Great experience. I definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Great Brunch on "The Grill" PatioMarkDined on 3/23/2014Had an absolutely fabulous brunch at The Grill. Our table outside on the patio gave us a beautiful view of the golf course and croquet course. Service was excellent and the menu offerings were delicious. Deserts were picture perfect and out of this world. Will be back I'm sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's expensive but worth itJuvieDined on 3/16/2014It's expensive but worth it for special occassion. Nice place and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicecansllVIPDined on 3/15/2014Had a small birthday party celebration. Staff were amazing and it was a very enjoyable evening. Food was superb. Highly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014We stayed at the Meadowood and I booked this reservation not knowing there was The Restaurant (not The Grill) and felt disappointed that I had missed a great restaurant but I was wrong. The food at The Grill is EXCELLENT and the wine list, though small, very nice, too. The relaxed atmosphere and first rate service made our evening fun and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven but goodjaz2020VIPDined on 2/19/2014Best for lunch; you can't see anything at night out the windows and the DR is generic/uninteresting. The food at Meadowood's "Casual" restaurant is always good, but half our dinner was stunningly creative and wonderful. But half the dishes were more ordinary, the kind you'd see anywhere except they cost more here. The fried calamari were wonderful, but do you want to pay triple $$$/pp (when it's all totaled up) for a plate of it? Still, the execution and ingredients are top-notch, and when they hit, as on the turnip-macadamia soup and asparagus flatbread w/rhubarb shavings, they hit BIG. They could rival Auberge at a lower price if they'd let loose a little more creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meadowood Grill at NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Make sure you make reservations for either breakfast, brunch or lunch at the Meadowood to take advantage of the beautiful grounds. At night, there is nothing to see and it becomes a good to very good restaurant for the food and wine, but it loses its major appeal which is the view.Special Features:
- Best Calamari with a fantastic viewDoctorKerryDined on 2/14/2014We really loved everything about eating out on the golf course in this beautiful tree-lined setting. We started with calamari and found it to be among the best ever! Both of us chose the Lobster club, which is what we came for, and it did not disappoint! I had a drink from the menu (Box Car) and my sweetie had a beer. Both great. Service couldn't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but...ginnis46Dined on 2/14/2014Be prepared for the very high tab. The prices approach unreasonable. We paid $150 for two (with wine and desert) for lunch. And the servings were skimpy although the food was well-prepared.Special Features:
- Great food at a nice spotBruceDined on 2/14/2014Breakfast at the Grill was very tasty--- corned beef hash and huevos rancheros. Both excellent, and a reasonable quantity. Price is a bit high, but then, it's a very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GemRonhDined on 2/8/2014The Meadowood Grill is simply wonderful. Although totally different than it's upscale multi-star restaurant upstairs, it should not be considered anything less than a great site for a wonderful meal with great, caring service. When the weather permits, the outside deck is just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Great spot for lunch before or after some wine tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but....DavisdudeDined on 1/14/2014We have enjoyed previous visits to Meadowwood, but this was a small let down. My wife's deep fried squib was not as hot as one would have wanted, but the dip that came with it was exceptional. My beets were beautiful, but did not taste fresh, that is, there was no sweetness at all. We each had the lobster club sandwich. It was huge, and while they did not stint on the lobster, the bacon, tomato and avocado overwhelmed it. French fries were exceptional. Service was deft.Special Features:
- A BIG DISAPPOINTMENTOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/14/2014We visit the Napa Valley a couple times a year and heard The Grill was a great dining experience. We went during the Dine around Napa month , and were very disappointed in our lunch experience....the food was quite ordinary. Our disappointment was real especially paying those kind of prices...speaking of those prices we certainly didn't mean paying them at Auberge Du Soleil the next day for a fantastic and memorable lunch.
- Great lunch for JanuaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014Our group of 3 were pleased with our choice of lunch. Lobster club was substantial. Bread was good but we didn't enjoy the "herb vinaigrette" -instead of butter or olive oil and balsamic vinegar- as it somehow ruined the taste of the bread. Service was very good. The crispy brioche dessert portion- 2 cubes of brioche- was small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchJimmymacVIPDined on 1/10/2014Our first time at this restaurant. We really enjoyed the ambience and the food. The King Salmon was excellent and the Beet Salad with Goat Cheese dressing was one of the best salads I have ever had. My wife had the Lobster sandwich which was outstanding. We will be back and I highly recommend it for a great lunch setting( nice golf course views.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Attention.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/9/2014I had heard raving reviews about Meadowood resort and expected the Grill at Meadowood to be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately i received an everything but wonderful experience. When we were seated we were seated in the middle of the walkway when we had a reservation a week and a half prior. This was frustrating since everytime someone walked by they bumped the back of my chair. You would think as many times as i was bumped from behind the staff would have filled our waters and or removed our dirty dishes as we had a verrry small table for 4 Guests and the plates we had barely fit to begin with. We were never asked how our meal was! They were over staffed and chatted all around the bar and stared over at our table without stopping by.
- Warm and Friendly; Delightful Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2014We are locals and were always afraid to go to Meadowood thinking it would be too expensive and stuffy. We went to the Meadowood Grill on Restaurant Month. The Prix Fixe menu allowed us to pick anything off of 3 courses which was great. The service was warm and friendly and as it was a quiet evening we were able to talk with the somalis and server. Just a great experience. The food was delicious with just the right portion size. Will definitely go back during the day for the full effect of the wonderful surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confused service. Served wrongSftaoofpaoDined on 12/30/2013Confused service. Served wrong wine pairing and mixed up dishes at table. Disjointed experience and wilted salad and uninspired food.