2300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 140
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
LebanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.me-jana.com/
- Phone: 7034654440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call us for your private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Rabih or Khalil 7034654440
- Special Events: Valentine's Day Menu (soon on the website)
A word from Me Jana
Fine Lebanese Cuisine in a warm upscale contemporary space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Me Jana - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Me Jana reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (30)romantic (21)great for lunch (16)special occasion (12)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Reliably greatArlFoodieDined on 10/24/2014We live in the neighborhood and eat here often - both dine in and take out. The food is delicious, and the service is warm and efficient. Wine list is interesting, too. We're happy to have such great Middle Eastern fare so close by. I especially recommend the fatteh (fried eggplant), lahem be ajeen (flat bread with meat and spices) and ablama (stuffed zucchini).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mezzesNed1VIPDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I stopped at Me Jana in a bit of a rush prior to a movie at very nearby Courthouse theater - - so convenient! I'd eaten here once before so had a sense for what to order- -we stuck to mezzes, a few cold (lima beans, green beans, hummus) and one hot (falafel). All served with hot delicious bread. A glass of Sangria (a little culturally dissonant I guess) for my wife and a Lebanese Arak for me. All of the food was absolutely delicious- -best falafel I have had in years and the sauce on the lima bean dish was delectable. Service was fast, friendly and efficient. This place is really worth a visit- -will return when we have more time!Special Features:
- Open table failFirsttimelasttimeDined on 10/17/2014I put in a reservation through Open Table. Was told reservation was recieved, however when i got there they knew nothing about it. Failed in the one task i wanted out of Me Jana and Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday lunch82muchDined on 10/6/2014Super grilled calamari., tender chicken. Desserts were amazing and delicate. Wonderful service. We had a lovely experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placenewToDCDined on 10/3/2014They had great food and awesome service. This place is a little hidden, but sometimes that makes the place even more worth it. I had the lamb chops and my date had salmon which I got to try when she was finished with it and both dishes were delicious. Definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday night flopTH13Dined on 10/1/2014We went to this restaurant with high expectation from the reviews but were sadly disappointed. It was a Wednesday night so we thought that we would get good service and good food but maybe we caught a night when the chef was off. We ordered a bottle of a bottle of wine (very good) and 4 small plates. The first looked like it was 4 small chicken paninis which were tasty and we thought that we were off to a great start. Then we ordered the calamari which were like rubber bands. Then came the falafel which were like hockey pucks and the only thing that saved them was that we mixed them with the zucchini fritters that were way too wet. Together they were edible, but neither could stand on it's own. Love Lebanese food but not here.
- Great find!whyhelloitsloDined on 9/26/2014Everyone in our party of 5 thoroughly enjoyed our experience, from attentive (yet non-pushy) service* to the incredible good to the ambient noise of other customers talking, laughing and dining. My boyfriend works nearby, and is excited to have a new favorite lunch place for the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I shared several small plates and thoroughly enjoyed. He had a Lebanese beer and I had a tasty wine. Very moderately priced. Definately recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh but lacking flavorMplishDined on 9/24/2014Food looked good and were clearly made with fresh ingredients but most items lacked flavor, like they were under seasoned. Service was very friendly and attentive.
- Me Jana always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014Never disappointed here. Great friendly and prompt service. Excellent menu and absolutely delicious food from beginning to end. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLetsEatDined on 9/13/2014Two couples had a delightful dinner at Me Jana on a Saturday night. We appreciated that we were not encouraged to leave immediately after finishing dinner and coffee. The food is excellent!!Special Features:
- I used to love this placeMFDCVIPDined on 9/6/2014Maybe not the best first thing when it opens. Nothing tasted fresh, which is why i used to love this place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014Best Lebanese food outside of Lebanon. Service is also outstanding. The owners take pride in the restaurant and a wonderful with their customers.Special Features:
- DelisheatemupDined on 9/1/2014Great place for mideast cuisine, especially mezze. The food is Lebanese but if you like Greek the dishes will be very familiar. The cooking is not fancy but the food is quite good. Everything we had was great. Excellent hummus. I especially liked the lentil fritters. Desserts were yummy, too. The Achta was really good, very different than anything I've had before. Service is great here. The staff were very friendly in a kind of neighborhoody way, even though we don't live in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just keeps getting better!DHPX2VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had tried Me Jana several months ago and was VERY impressed and wanted to go back. I don't know what took us so long. Needed a nice place to take a friend to dinner. We just wanted good food and a nice place so we could talk and catch up. Talk about hitting a home run.... Me Jana was GREAT! The food was great and the service was wonderful....just enough to take care of us and not too much to interrupt our conversation. Our friend called us the next day to say she was still thinking about the wonderful food. She had the lamb, my husband and I had the mixed grill. SO GOOD! We WILL be back soon!Special Features:
- Ma1234Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great and service is excellent. One of the best lebanese food that I had in the area. Make sure to try the zucchini warm platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNakemiinDined on 8/26/2014Great experience for upscale Lebanese food. A bit pricey but the food quality was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, nice vibe, qualityrowingmanVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant always delivers on its promise. Food is great, white table cloth Lebanese. We go for the small plates, and order multiples to sample all the menu offers. Try the Lebanese wines as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and flavorful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent Lebanese food. We particularly loved the cheese with pears and dates and the fish entrees. Excellent service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDCDined on 8/14/2014The food is wonderful, and the staff is always gracious.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Sat outside and enjoyed a delicious meal (restaurant week- sea bass- YUM!) with a great server. We'll be back!Special Features:
- AngelaDined on 8/12/2014Absolutely fantastic food, service, and really nice music. Very relaxing dining. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:
- Great Arlington RestaurantGlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/2/2014Me Jana is a very good Arlington restaurant. The quality of the food and staff is always exceptional. I enjoy fine dining and have hit most of the Washingtonian Top 100 and many nice places around the world. Me Jana is a good, consistent, casual restaurant and always delivers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodAnniepooDined on 8/2/2014I went to Me Jana with a party of 8. We had great food service, and white sangrias. My only complaint was that the music was too loud. The restaurant wasn't full either so the volume should have been a little lower. It was difficult to hear the person just 3 seats down.Special Features:
- Dinner VisitMikeDined on 8/1/2014Had a very pleasant evening, good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Lebanese FoodJames2220Dined on 7/31/2014My girlfriend and I went to this restaurant for the first time last week. We were absolutely astounded by the quality of the food and the quality of the service. The food was the absolutely best Lebanese food that I have ever had. The service was a perfect mix of attentiveness and explanation about the food without becoming overbearing or intrusive on our dinner. We will definitely be coming back on many an occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GoNatsDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful food, service, and outdoor seating!! We had a wonderful experience and would most definitely dine in again!Special Features:
- Third time not like the FirstLoveDiningVIPDined on 7/23/2014I ate at Me Jana three times. The first time I went for lunch and had the sea bass. It was PERFECT. The taste and the presentation were impeccable. The second time I went for dinner and again had the sea bass. It didn't seem to be the same dish. Part of the fish actually tasted fishy and the presentation was definitely off. The third time I went was today for lunch. I won't be returning. While the sea bass was definitely better it was not the same as the first. Again parts of fish had a slightly fishy taste. The presentation was sloppy. Also at lunch as a single woman diner I was sat at a corner table by the window for two. However both times when a single male diner came in after me he was put in a booth. My lunch server was pleasant.
- Solid Lunch OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2014Our group of seven enjoyed lunch at Mi Jana. All dishes came out at the same time and were perfectly prepared. Highly recommend starting with the grape leaves.Special Features:
- Another pleasant place in ClarendonVRfromTROYDined on 7/20/2014The expected Levantine fare: shwarma, hummus, falafel, etc. Of course, they have kebabs and branzino. No revelations, but everything was solid and reliable. First time in my life I tried Arak, which is a Levantine vodka infused with anice. It is supposed to be diluted by water 2:1 and after that takes milky appearance. Sitting on the sidewalk was a quiet treat. We came Sunday night, and the place was half-empty, and so were the streets. The waitresses were attentive, like almost everywhere in America, too attentive. When you are beyond the toddler's stage, you do not need to be checked upon every 10 minutes (as a compensation, the food is almost always fresh and you are in almost no danger that the waiters would get fresh with you).Special Features:
- Mediocre All-AroundWillDined on 7/12/2014*We had all small plates (mezze), so I can't speak for the large entree portions*. Food was flavorful, but menu was not as robust as expected for a higher-end restaurant featuring small plates. Wine list had a nice range of geographies and price points. Service was lackluster; we usually ask the server for recommendations at nicer tapas/mezze restaurants, but he wasn't around enough to do so. Unfortunately we won't be going back, but this place is worth a shot since we may have gotten unlucky with our server and ordered the wrong dishes. We also sat inside, and the outdoor area looked nice for a less humid evening.Special Features:
- comfortable and classywularDined on 7/9/2014We had a group of about eight. They had a table ready for us and brought out the appetizers and brought out a plate of dates, which was a nice touch since we were fasting. The portions look small, but they are very filling - and that's coming from those of us who hadn't eaten all day. We all left full. Ordering several appetizers, such as hummus/tabouleh/labneh/cheese rolls and then one main dish each was sufficient. The shawerma comes in four circular sandwiches and they are super filling, after three I was pretty full. For dessert, we got the achta, kind of pudding with pastry and banana, it's good but also filling, so if you had a heavy dinner it's best to split it with someone. We also got the mint tea and felt like we were at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service fee charged is too highOmar2VIPDined on 7/4/2014The service fee to be charged should be kept at the discretion of the clientele & not the management of the restaurant based on the service provided which is a fair recommended practice by all all restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatVirginiaBeachFriendsDined on 7/4/2014We have been going to Me Jana for many years, maybe 3 or 4 times a month while living in the Washington metropolitan area, and haven't been disappointed yet. the food and service is outstanding, and the atmosphere gives you the feeling that you are in their home. Now that we are living out of town part time, getting to have dinner at Me Jana is always a priority for us.Special Features:
- Perfect for lunchMumbaiVIPDined on 7/3/2014I'll be back. Feel I found a new favorite. Terrific sea bass. Fresh. Clean. Healthy. Great baklava and Turkish coffee.Special Features:
- The following 854 reviews are from the Me Jana reviews archive.
- food yummy, service friendlyeatemupDined on 6/28/2014The owner and wait staff treat you like old friends here - in a good way. Took my family there and there was lots that everyone enjoyed, even the teenagers. Really good, solid Lebanese food (if you're not familiar with this cuisine, it is very similar to Greek). We had the mezza and they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMA65Dined on 6/21/2014Never disappointing. I have been there with many different people of all ages and they have all enjoyed the experience and the foodSpecial Features:
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014The noise level received an "elevated" rating since our table of five was outside (our choice). The meza options are always unresistable (today we tried the labneh, hummus and grilled haloumi cheese) and I can't resist their garlic whip, which I asked to be doubled and introduced my other guests to as well. The chicken shawarma sandwich is a standby—four of our party of five ordered it today! Our waitress was very accommodating of our staggered arrivals and was efficiently and pleasantly attentive to our every request.Special Features:
- Second Visit...MissMaryDined on 6/13/2014This was my second visit to Me Jana, so we already knew the food would be good. (My friend loves Lebanese cuisine!) However, when our waiter realized that we would only be ordering one "tapas"-size dish each, and no drinks, although we did get dessert and a cappuccino at the end of our meal, he seemed to not be interested in waiting on us. There was a large party that came in during our time there, and he seemed very keen on waiting upon them instead. Again, such things do not go unnoticed. Be careful -- we can always go to Lebanese Taverna instead!Special Features:
- Dinner before Wolf TrapFoodofileFrankVIPDined on 6/13/2014Me Jana was just opening when we arrived. The hostess forgot to mark me as an Open Table diner, so initially I received a "no show" status for the reservation. Mil and I shared six mezze, from grape leaves, falafel, sujok, to spinach pie...typical middle eastern fare, served and prepared very well.I would recommend this to a friend.