Mcloone's Woodbridge Grille
3 Lafayette Rd.
Fords, NJ 08863Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mcloone's Woodbridge Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mclooneswoodbridgegrille.com/
- Phone: 7325125025x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm,
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Cesar Malpica
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: McLoone's Woodbridge Grille offers some of the finest selections when planning your semi-private or private affair. Whether you are looking to plan a birthday party, corporate meeting, shower, or other arrangement, McLoone's Woodbridge Grille will ensure the finest service and food.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Korman & Carolyn DiCapua 7325125025x
- Entertainment: Come watch your favorite team while experiencing the excitement of horse racing and wagering.
We carry the NFL package with Football Specials every Sunday and Monday during the NFL Football Season. $5 Buffalo Wings, $5 Loaded Fries, $5 Nachos, and $5 bar pies along with Coors Light & Sam Adams specials will add to the excitement in watching your favorite teams!
A word from Mcloone's Woodbridge Grille
McLoone's Woodbridge Grille is located within Favorites, the nation's #1 Off-Track Wagering Facility. McLoone's Woodbridge Grille serves mouth-watering American Cuisine such as the finest steaks and freshest seafood.Our bar features a wide array of premium liquors,16 draft beers, a complete signature cocktail list, and a full wine list. McLoone's Woodbridge Grille offers an array of sports to follow from live Harness & Thoroughbred Racing to NFL Football. McLoone's Restaurants has been a staple on the Jersey Shore for over 25 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mcloone's Woodbridge Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- IndecisiveamberRDined on 8/8/2014After been to the Mcloone's in Long Branch, my expectations were higher for the food and service. If you are like me and expecting the same, don't come here. The crab cakes are similar but the menu wasn't appealing. There were only 2 waitresses for a Friday night and refills were delayed. I wasn't aware that the horse betting was also in the dining area which made it loud at times. I wouldn't go again.Special Features:
- HorseracingneekyDined on 5/11/2014Energetic. Good place to watch the horses and bet. Food was good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014My sister and I always dine and get our pre Kentucky Derby tickets at McCloones in Fords, NJ. Love the food and atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly.Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Mcloone's Woodbridge Grille reviews archive.
- Save your time and your money!!!thesophianoelVIPDined on 3/29/2014Disgrace to the McLoone name. I've been to other McLoone's locations and OpenTable does NOT specify that this is McLoone's AT Favorites, which happens to be a gambling bar, using McLoone's to pull in a upperclass crowd. Service was terrible, dining room was understaffed, the foods underwhelming notes were nothing to talk about, the experience start to finish was one to remember!!! We will never return to this location.
- Nice food & service, but its an OTBfoodfolksnfunDined on 2/14/2014When I made this Valentine's day reservation I didn't know it was in an OTB parlor. I've frequented some of the McLoone's properties in Monmouth County, and saw on the app there were good times open, so I went with it. That day, when pulling up directions I read that this place was "in" an Off Track Horse Racing betting parlor. Fortunately it's nice and separate enough that it didn't feel gross. They do have little TV's at the booths with races on them, but they didn't both us. The Valentine's prix fixe menu was very good - service was a notch above a regular restaurant. Very friendly. The food was good too, which was nice, and an incredible value - with 2 drinks plus gratuity I only spent about $80Special Features:
- If you like OTB this placebunknjoVIPDined on 1/26/2014If you like OTB this place is great. You can live stream horse races right at your booth in the main ding area. It's a fun atmosphere. The food and menu are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it's all that's open.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/9/2014This is not an Inn. Looks like it might have been at one time, but now it;s a gambling parlor. Food is diner quality.
- Good food, large portionsheida73Dined on 10/12/2013We went with a party of 5 people on a Saturday night. The restaurant wasn't very busy and was fairly quiet. When the food came, we couldn't believe the size of the portions. They were huge! 3 of the 5 of us brought food home and one of the people that brought food home never has leftovers. The food was excellent! Everyone liked their dishes. We liked that there was a variety so there was something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unlike the other McLoone's....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2013This place was nothing like the West Orange, NJ McLoone's .....It was part of an off-site better parlor!!!! Patrons were jumping up every few minutes to place bets. It was very seedy. My order could not even be cooked to request with NO seasoning....it came loaded with pepper & salt. I had to wait while everyone else ate... Our check was not even adjusted for this inconvenience. Also, the nachos platter was with liquid cheese....not even melted cheese. Avoid at all cost!!!
- good place for horseracing fansKimballVIPDined on 5/25/2013Every table has a TV showing a current race. The food is average. If you order something with cheddar cheese, you get cheese whiz (on nachos or burger).
- Did Not Know What to ExpectMJSBDined on 5/12/2013I was pleasantly surprised to find the restaurant was also a betting place. Initially my impression was it was a sports bar. But after a few minutes, I realized that you can place a bet for racetrack and others. It was a first for me and my family! It was not bad though. There was an area where you can place your bets separately. Appetizers was ok. Stuffed Mushrooms were really good. My entree was nothing special. Dessert is always good. My server was exceptional, very pleasant and totally funny. I will recommend to people who like to gamble while enjoying their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceItsMeAgainDined on 5/3/2013The Hosts were very friendly as well as the wait staff.The food was very good with a broad selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nachos and Burgers!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Great Nachos and Burgers!!!! Service was very good and so friendly :-) Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Ok but nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Average experience - but for the $ charged I would not go back.Special Features:
- Warm it UpOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Food was brought OUT cold and it was hard to get refills through out the night . Everyone with fries said they were ice cold and I had a burger and it too was coldSpecial Features:
- My husband & I like Mcloone'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013My husband & I like Mcloone's so we can have a great meal and watch horse racing. Strangely this time there were alot of babies.
- Second visit...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013It was our second visit. Must say the food the first time was amazing. Not the same the second visit. Second visit the food was good, but not amazing (and I'm referring to the exact same items from the menu). Service was pleasant but very slow. Seated at 8:40 and didn't get out of there until 11 (3 adults, 2 teenagers). 20 minutes to get 2 desserts? really? then the cookie in the dessert was burnt.Special Features:
- horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We had the worst service we have ever had at a restaurant. Our waitress stood at the next table talking to those guest for almost 10 minutes before taking our drink order. The food was slight above average. ut we will n ot be back again, due to the service.
- Mcloone's WoodbridgebunknjoVIPDined on 2/17/2013This is the second time we have been there. We got a booth in the main dining room so we had access to the TV screen and could watch the live horse races streaming. We are not betters, but love horses. I love all the pictures of horses that are on the walls. The room is watm and inviting. The food is very good and there is a mixed menu, so you can always find something whether you are hungry or just want to pick. I think they were sort staffed this night as the service was a little sketchy. We were there for an late lunch/early dinner on Sunday. Will definitely go back. Any Mcloone's restaurant is always reliable.Special Features:
- Terrible service. TotallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Terrible service. Totally understaffed. Food was good though.
- This Mcloone's is not forshesgonecountryDined on 2/9/2013This Mcloone's is not for me. It is a very bizarre place. They have OTB at this restaurant. The diners were very strange, quiet, and constantly watching horse racing on the tv's which are hooked up to each table. The table nearby us brought their own desk lamp! Yes, I said desk lamp. The guy was using the lamp to so he could see his betting sheets better. The light was so bright and was blaring into my eyes. Definitely not a place for a romantic dinner. Food was ok. WORST dining experience for me ever! Will never go back!!!
- Fun place to go to-differentLnJVDined on 2/2/2013Very good food. Interesting atmosphere - different as I haven't been to a place where you can bet on horse racing in one room and eat in the next. Very different and the food was very good. Was surprised. But then again, since it's McLoones, their reputation is very good, so shouldn't have been surprised. I would definitely recommend this place for a fun night out. I wouldn't say it's romantic. I'd say it's fun. Fun as a couple and with friends. :)Special Features:
- Great overall service attachedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Great overall service attached to gambling (horse racing) arena. Outstanding restaurant professionals with top notch dining choices. My wife and I came for the food only and we were very pleased with the entire experience. Booths include up to date gambling resources if you're seeking that as well!Special Features:
- Bad news - steer clear.FatRat250VIPDined on 1/8/2013Service was non existent. No one at the host desk to seat you, and only 1 waitress - and she was too busy texting while sitting at a table in the back. I waited 10 minutes and left. Place was bad news.
- Poor ambiance and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Not a friendly environment, it looks like a diner with tv's of horse races next to each table. I was advices not to order calamari as it was returned over 3 times that day. Food had no flavor and there weren't that's my good choices on the menu. Coffee was burnt. Not a good experience from the McLoon's chain of restaurants unfortunately.
- My wife and I had a greatColinDined on 12/1/2012My wife and I had a great time at McLoone's in Woodbridge. We had actually been to the McLoone's in Long Branch, and didn't realize that the Woodbridge location is actually mainly an off-track betting facility. We walked in to see a smallish dining area, followed by a large open betting room. Besides that initial confusion, our server was absolutely amazing and the food was phenomenal. Very nice, quiet time. We will definitely go back again, and may even place a few bets!Special Features:
- online menu did not matchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2012online menu did not match menu at table.. recently updated but not online.. could no longer get vegetarian dishes as oringinally thought prior to visit.. downside
- whoops, not again!MLopezVIPDined on 9/24/2012I went on a monday, and it was completely empty, i had to find someone to get a waitress. following that, the inside reminds me of an old casino/diner. its borderline depressing. the food was outstanding and the service was very nice. the drinks were a little expensive for what was served, with too much ice in my bourbon. there was a mistake on the check which was quickly fixed. i will probably never make it back here
- Mc Glooms Shabby GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2012Came here for lunch and only 1 other person was in dining room drinking coffee. It seemed the 2 servers knew him. No one greeted me, I sat myself. Finally one of the servers came over, brought me a menu but never asked if I wanted something to drink. She went back to talk to the man. The restaurant is horribly decorated, tacky, dark and very early 90's. I ordered a burger and it came with potato chips, it was very average but cooked properly. A manager was showing the restaurant to a potential party client, a client that was never greeted either. He was talking very loud walking through the restaurant and sat behind me. The place was huge and empty so why sit by me? I never saw my server again until I had to go to the back and flag her.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Thoroughly enjoyed our Saturday Lunch/Dinner. The burgers were great...The best onion soup I have EVER had@Special Features:
- Mc What?!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2012if you have never eaten at any other Mcloone's you may enjoy it. if you have, you will be disappointed. the food is no where near the same caliber. the service is a little slow and inexperienced. the restaurant looks like it needs some upkeep even though it is a fairly new building. i'm surprised the Mcloone name is attached to it.
- I love McLoone's in Long BranchJderwin26VIPDined on 6/26/2012I love McLoone's in Long Branch and since I moved to New Brunswick I figured I may as well try the one in Woodbridge. I made a reservation, however it was self-seating and we were the only one in the dining room. The waitress was ok, but the food was yummy. I ordered the salmon with cous-cous and tzatiki sauce. The salmon was a little overdone, but I enjoyed the meal. My boyfriend ordered ribs And sweet potato fries, which were delicious. Then we ordered the soft baked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and no one told us that it took a half hour because they are made to order. Overall, mediocre experience. I very much prefer dining at McLoone's in Pier Village.
- Came here for Father's DayAndyVIPDined on 6/17/2012Came here for Father's Day with my wife and parents. We made a reservation on Open table to ensure that we didn't have a wait. We arrived on time and waited at the hostess stand for about 10 minutes and no one showed up. We then found a security guard from the OTB and he said just to find a seat. Then we waited at our table for about 10 more minutes and my mother got up to get the menus. After a while more, the poor 17-year-old kid who was the only waiter came up to us to pour water and we didn't have glasses or silverware. At this point, we made the conscious decision that it wasn't going to be a good experience and left for another restaurant.