McLoone's Rum Runner
816 Ocean Avenue
Sea Bright, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McLoone's Rum Runner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcloones.com/
- Phone: (732) 842-2894
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Brunch - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm (All Year Round) Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The River Room on the second floor sits high above the Shrewsbury River and accommodates up to 150 guests. It is the perfect setting for your wedding, as well as any other private affair. We take great pride in making your event a time to remember. Contact us today or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you with all and any information you need.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Kauffmann & Michelle Selznick 7328422894
- Entertainment: Entertainment year-round on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as Sunday Brunch. Entertainment varies between piano bar, jazz and full bands.
A word from McLoone's Rum Runner
McLoone's Rum Runner is a waterfront restaurant serving classic American cuisine. The menu features a wide variety of offerings from pastas and salads to the freshest seafood and hand cut steaks. In addition to a beautifully appointed room that boasts floor to ceiling windows overlooking the scenic Shrewsbury River, there is a seasonal out door dining area featuring more casual fare. An extensive wine list, specialty martinis and a large beer selection are offered.Continued
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $30 and under
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $30 and under
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McLoone's Rum Runner reviews from OpenTable diners
- always good. Always consistent.WendyDined on 10/20/2012always good. Always consistent. The staff is pleasant and makes for an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant EVERY week!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012This restaurant has a great scenic view right on the river! The menu is extensive, as is the wine list, and the food and service are ALWAYS very good!Special Features:
- We go to McLoones alot....alwaysJerseyGirlVIPDined on 10/6/2012We go to McLoones alot....always good food and great entertainment!Special Features:
- Scenic Dining on the NavesinkFoodie1Dined on 9/20/2012We were a work group of 10 & they sitted & served us with ease. Granted it was mid-week & not packed out but charming & good service throughout - would expect same even at peak times. Attentive but discreet waitstaff. Good food choices (inl. the Thurs. night lobster specials). Nice & reasonably priced range of wine selections. Pianist/ singer provided atmosphere (only downside - we were at table nearest to her so conversation was difficult at times). All in all a charming & tasty spot to dine either as a romantic couple or larger group like us. Glad to have finally managed to dine at the original(?) McCloone's. Would return.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toLainer105Dined on 9/20/2012This was our first visit to the restaurant. It was a Thursday night out of season, therefore it wasn't very busy. I could see how in season it would be very busy due to the scenic location. The food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps we would try it again, but we are not rushing back.Special Features:
- As always, had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2012As always, had a wonderful meal and service. After the meal enjoyed sitting at the piano and listening to Barbara King and husband sing everyone's favorite songs.Special Features:
- Never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/20124 people, four terrible meals I had the short ribs, overcooked, dried out sauce, terrible meal My wife ordered chicken cordon bleu at 7:00 on a Friday evening and was told 20-30 minutes later that the restaurant was out of this meal ( not a special ) but a menu staple on a early Friday evening! My wife ordered a lobster/ shrimp egg roll that was too doughy and overcooked.
- Everything was very nice withOTpatronVIPDined on 9/8/2012Everything was very nice with the exception of the room...seems in need of a little sprucing up!Good food and choices, great attentive service!Special Features:
- I suspect our waitress wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/2/2012I suspect our waitress was green. Very nice but seemed a bit overwhelmed. Did not bring bread or mention dinner specials.
- We've been to McCloone's aRichandCompanyDined on 9/2/2012We've been to McCloone's a variety of times & have enjoyed every time. Today the clams on 1/2 shell wre sweet & served chilled. My son had the oysters & enjoyed them very much. The seafood risotto was very tasty while the red snapper melted in my mouth. If you want seafood this is the place to go in Sea BrightSpecial Features:
- Food is consistently goodWendyDined on 9/1/2012Food is consistently good and very fresh. While the decor might be a little dated, the restaurant is pleasant and the service is very good. The veiws are also a big plus. Would definately visit again.Special Features:
- If it weren't for the view...BradVIPDined on 8/25/2012I have been to this McLoone's many times and every time I leave, I say to myself, "If it weren't for the view and ambience, they would be out of business." The service was sufficient, nothing special. The food gave nutrition, but not very tastey. The prices were extremely high for what you received. The view on the water on a nice evening was really great. The place is better for a quick/light bite and drink while the sun is setting than an evening expecting a great dinner.Special Features:
- This was a very nice place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2012This was a very nice place. My boyfriend and I both ordered the Penne a la vodka. However, I can say that it wasn't the BEST dish I have ever had. My local diner makes it better. It wasn't awful - I just expected a better dish!Special Features:
- Very Good - but not 5 Stars!SEXXYLYPPSVIPDined on 8/11/2012I stopped in for a quick drink and something to eat. I knew I was not staying long. The only reason I did not give it 5*s is because I was not told the specials of the day by Brian, Bartender! I ordered the Manhattan clam chowder, which was very good; however, a server made a comment to me "oh, you didn't order the cream of potato soup"; I would have ordered it had I known. I enjoyed my Lobster Dumplings. Brian was nice enough, but not as good as a couple of the other bartenders that I really like!Special Features:
- I stopped in for a quick HappySEXXYLYPPSVIPDined on 8/8/2012I stopped in for a quick Happy Hour and sat at the bar! Matt, the Bartender, was FANTASTIC! He was extremely personable, helpful, and professional! Matt made my Cosmos perfect! I am sorry that I did not have more time to stay, but I had a previous commitment. I also had the mussels; they were great; I always order them when I am at the RumRunner. I will be back!Special Features:
- Have been here many timesgregostVIPDined on 8/7/2012Have been here many times and is very dependable with food, service and view. Like all of his restaurants, I recommend it.Special Features:
- waitress could not have caredSaturdayVIPDined on 8/6/2012waitress could not have cared less about us. when we ordered, she acted like we were annoying her. one of our party asked for a pork chop with the sauce on the side, when she served his plate her remark was, "oh he put the sauce on it" That was it. No apology, nothing. The view of the river is great but your wait staff needs training.Special Features:
- A place to skip, except for drinks.KennyVIPDined on 8/4/2012Our first visit here was disappointing. It was on Easter Sunday. The place was crowded, the menu disappointing (ie, limited due to the holiday), and service rushed and frantic. Because it was a holiday, we gave them a free pass. We returned because the local Costco was selling half-price discount cards, and we figured "why not give them another shot". Unfortunately, the result wa the same. On the plus side, we went on a beautiful afternoon, sat outdoors on the deck, and watched the sun set outside over the water and the town of Rumson. On the downside, the service was slow (I hate blaming the waiters and waitresses, seemed to have too many tables to manage). The food was passable at best. Go for drinks, pass on dinner.
- McLoon's is GreatSirEatsoutalotDined on 7/28/2012Thee service at the restaurant was fantastic. Full attention to detail was the norm, not the exception. The food was fantastic and the view was spectacular. The bar area was jumping and friendly. Great place to eat or sit at the bar and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- It was our 46th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012It was our 46th anniversary and loved Rum Runner. Food was great and waitress was so nice and very accommodating -- Carina, I think. We sat by the window and, in spite of the sun, the river view was lovely. Will definitely go there again!!Special Features:
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/20121st time at the Rum Runner. Great view and very clean establishment. Food was fresh and tasty. Service was polite and courteous but very slow. Server also forgot a few things but this is not a deal breaker for a return visit. Mistakes happen. We will be back.Special Features:
- Scenic ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2012Beautiful view of the river as you dine. Food was tasty, this restaurant quieter with more mature crowd than other McLoones. Waitress was very personable and food was very good.Special Features:
- A bit pricey, but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2012A bit pricey, but the food is plenty and deliciousSpecial Features:
- We were disappointed in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012We were disappointed in our family Father's Day dinner at Rum Runner. We've been frequent diners there as well as sister restaurant at the Long Branch Pier. Although the food was good, the service was absolutely terrible. While our drinks came immediately we waited 30 minutes for small plate of calamari, which should take no more than 5 minutes to make. Then the plates weren't cleared by the time the main dish arrived, yet there was plenty of time to take care of that. Kudos to the chef for good food. Yet, while McCloone opens more restaurants the price has gone up higher than other local, competing restaurants and the overall dining experience lacks the detail required for a pleasing dining experience at a higher end restaurant.
- Beautiful view, great service..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012Beautiful view, great service.. food did not live up my expectations. Lobster/shrimp bisque just ok nothing special was even a little coool when served.. parmesian encrusted flounder good, garlic mashed potatoes could not taste the garlic, the 2 asparagus stalks were fine. Lobster mac and cheese got great reviews, as did the lobster roll. Hamburger with fries nothing to rave about. all in all if not for the view not worth the money.Special Features:
- Great experience all around.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012Great experience all around. Relaxed and very nice. Seafood was outstanding, as always.
- Service was poor waitressjacksonVIPDined on 5/27/2012Service was poor waitress running to back and forth kept forgetting things regarding my order.Manager gave us gift card to make up for the evening.Special Features:
- This restaurant tries so hardmanu57Dined on 5/21/2012This restaurant tries so hard to be fancy. The waiters are all dolled up, Its dimly lit, and they use lots of adjectives on the menu. Problem is, they cant pull it off. They serve meatloaf and mac and cheese. Its an over priced establishment that is selling a view. The restaurant sits on the river and has beautiful views. The food felt very forced. The Oysters on a half Shell were very lean, not much meat to be had, the soups were over done, and the presentation was over the top. It was almost laughable. But the staff tries hard and they deserve credit. The one highlight of the evening was the crab cakes. They were good and the only reason i'm giving 2 stars.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch, outdoor diningKimberlyVIPDined on 5/20/2012Sunday lunch, outdoor dining at the Boat House. Was not crowded, service was terrible, about 20 min to get drinks and my drink was wrong. Food took just as long to arrive, Lobster bisque was not hot and absolutely no meat, all purée (we had 2 at the table and both were the same). Panini was certainly not "pressed" mozzarella cheese still cold. You cannot beat the view on a lovely summer-like day, but eat BEFORE you go and have a cold beer! Extremely disappointing for the cost and time spent.
- When we arrived for our 8:00OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2012When we arrived for our 8:00 reservation we were told that it would be an hour and one half wait. We were annoyed as this seemed like reservations were ignored. We were given drinks on the house by Anthony, the assistant manager, who applogised, but that didn't quite make up foe the inordinately long wait. We actually waited about an hour. After the wait, the food and service were good.Special Features:
- Give your review a titleRazzDined on 5/19/2012It must have been an 'off-night' from a service perspective. Usually, service is very good, food is good, ambiance is always enjoyable. Will return, hopefully service issue was isolated.Special Features:
- We dined for Easter brunchSandyMDined on 4/8/2012We dined for Easter brunch and truly enjoyed the made-to-order Omelet station and freshly made waffles. The hot dishes were delicious, and the salads, fruit and cheese platters very fresh. The raw oysters and HUGE shrimp were fabulous. Our service was excellent and the view is very hard to beat. Excellent choice for Sunday brunch!Special Features:
- Three out of four of us hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012Three out of four of us had a good meal. I'd give a higher rating but my meal was a disaster. I ordered mac and cheese & a house salad, informing the server that I was a vegetarian. I sent the salad back because it came with bleu cheese. I ordered mac and cheese. It really tasted odd and gross, kind of like fish. The server never came back to follow-up. After eating about five rigatoni noodles I discover lobster in it. The waitress still never returned. I had to ask another server to get her. They offered to correct my meal, but it was too late. I was impressed when the chef came to our table to apologize. He was sincere and professional. He offered me a drink and made me a new meal to go. He gets 5 stars!
- Fabulous place! We have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2012Fabulous place! We have been going to McLoone's Rum Runner for 20 years now! Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Very solid choice for peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012Very solid choice for people who like great food and an amazing view. Always consistently good!Special Features:
- The usual -- good food, adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012The usual -- good food, adequate service. We;ll go back, especially in summer.Special Features:
- Had the onion soup, very different.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/25/2012Had the onion soup, very different. Made from chicken&beef stock.Only ever had it with 1 or the other. My date had the mussels that were just alright & the fish & chips that lacked flavor & were slightly oily.I had the tuna app that was pretty good & the portion wasn't overwhelming. It's a ride for us that I don't think was worth it.Special Features:
- food was great server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012food was great server was good and the wine was awsome. the only thing i didnt like was the fact that i had a reservation and still waited 45 min. and then they tried to sit us at a table that was barely bigger than one menu. i spoke up and they accomodated to our request, so after a little dissapointment, the rest of the evening went without incident.
- Although the restaurant wasSouthsideDined on 2/18/2012Although the restaurant was very busy... we had 7:30 reservations but were not seated until 8:15; the staff did their best to keep us informed and comfortable. The Rum Runner is just about my favorite restaurant for atmosphere with the warm glow from the fireplace to the great River View to the live music. I always look forward to going to the Rum Runner and will return as soon as I can.Special Features:
- If you like great food, service,ChristineVIPDined on 2/17/2012If you like great food, service, and a view of the water this is the place to dine. Entertainment at the piano bar on Friday & Saturday nights compliments the dining experience. You never know who is going to show up and sit in for a song or two.Special Features: