McLoone's Pier House
1 Ocean Avenue
Long Branch, NJ 07740Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McLoone's Pier House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcloonespierhouse.com/
- Phone: 7329231006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joe Racioppi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With dazzling oceanfront views, delicious cuisine and friendly service, McLoone's Pier House has become the place for weddings, parties, entertainment, and scrumptious indoor/outdoor dining.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Kauffmann, Blaire Katz & Trish Reiss 732-443-8498x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Fridays and Saturdays in the cocktail area adjacent to the bar
- Special Events: Every Thursday is Lobster Night! Enjoy appetizers & entrees all made with Lobster. 4-10 p.m.
A word from McLoone's Pier House
McLoone's Pier House is an oceanfront restaurant serving classic, American cuisine. The offerings range from fresh seafood to hand-cut steaks, as well as pastas, sushi, salads & homemade desserts. The restaurant stands on the beach, just feet from the waves below & is wrapped completely in glass. Pier House boasts two bars with live entertainment. The Atlantic Room also plays host to a fabulous Sunday Brunch & is available 7 days a week for private events. Outdoor Dining is available from April through October, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
McLoone's Pier House - Best Restaurants in Long Branch ›
McLoone's Pier House reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)special occasion (42)great for lunch (33)good for groups (32)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (30)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (19)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (10)late-night find (5)Show More
- Good food, priceyRichHDined on 8/26/2014I've been here a couple of times and each time felt the location was great, but the food a bit overpriced for the quality. It was good, not spectacular, and not as good as some venues in the area with similar levels of pricing and food. Good for a night out with a great view.Special Features:
- Much Ado About NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014The view is great, and our server was too, but the food is mediocre at best.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We have been to this restaurant numerous times now and the meals have been great every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!Foodie59Dined on 8/21/2014Recommended to us by a friend. Lobster shrimp bisque was very good, crab cakes were fair. Broccoli slaw tasted like it was from the day before. I didn't eat it. The ambiance was lively and a bit loud with a crying baby. Any food item I asked our server about she said she hadn't tasted it. Was not familiar with the menu at all! I would return for the view alone but the food was disappointing for the price. $100 for two, no drinks or desserts.Special Features:
- PerfectTippergDined on 8/17/2014Great seafood, kid friendly, scenic views of the beach and ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likely great usually, not this timefoodiefromphillyDined on 8/15/2014Only second time there but within three weeks as we really enjoyed it the first time. We live in Philly and specifically went there for my wife's b'day dinner. On this visit, a Friday, there was a party upstairs. I'm guessing a sweet 16 based on the crowd we saw going up. The boom, boom, boom of the music filtered into the dining area. It took away from the dining experience. A few couples around us weren't too happy about it either. I don't know if this is common on the weekend because our previous visit on a Sunday was an early dinner. The service was good, the food was good but I prefer just the dining room music not it and the boom, boom, boom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouisVIPDined on 8/15/2014A very enjoyable experience. Excellent service, professionally run. One in our party returned a dish, manager quickly apologized and comped her next selection.Special Features:
- Always goodTerryDined on 8/13/2014Have been here many times and never disappointed. Food and service is always good and the ocean views are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kasloapDined on 8/11/2014Chilean sea bass & Tropical shrimp was great. Service prompt and professional. The restaurant was very noisy this Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCloone's Pier house.loveNYdiningDined on 8/7/2014Great ocean view! Quality of food was very good! It can be noisy, but I think it can depend on where you are seated. The biggest problem was finding a parking space. We went on a Thursday and there was a concert on the boardwalk and that created a parking nightmare.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/6/2014Nice luncheon menu. Many choices and good specials. Nice sitting in the cool restaurant right on the sunny beach. Service and food prompt and good. Job-related rest invasion say to Michael how noticeably quiet is when Is the guy you just love use it to his availability know how I could enjoy that I have a good Gendelac job see me feel alive and down anytime during Livania about your getaway forgot the guys weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeFamilyUnitedDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated 3 family birthdays on Sunday and had a great time. The service was excellent. Thank you John. The drinks were great and the food was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieODined on 7/24/2014The atmosphere and views are spectacular, the service was top notch and the food was excellent. It is pricey but what restaurant isn't these days. At least you feel as though you got your money's worth when you leave. The staff are friendly and make the experience enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceJerseyShoreDined on 7/23/2014Took a group of 10 from work. Our servers were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Plentiful & RecommendedOpenTableFanDined on 7/23/20147/23/14 Enjoyed an excellent lunch w/spectacular ocean view w/my family to celebrate my birthday.Start to finish the service and the food were spot on.We were served promptly & timely. Server was terrific, she was friendly and efficient.The time between course was just right not rushed-not dragged out. All were happy w/their food,good and plentiful.5 ordered sandwiches w/fries-& happily all took half home, all were large portions.The cheeseburgers & taco bowl salad also well portioned were finished.The Flourless chocolate cake,toll house cookie, warm linzer tart pie w/van ice cream were all delicious.Lunch time prices are very fair especially with the serving sizes they plated. Been there for dinner too-I prefer the lunchtime experience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 7/22/2014In the area on vacation and found McLoone's on OT. Dined at one at National Harbor in Maryland and this one was even better. Food was excellent but service was even better. Had delightful waitress that loved her job and it showed it. Management was very attentive as well and when they noticed our teenager wasn't enjoying her entree, they wisked it away and had chef make her a dish to her liking. Didn't even charge us for her meal when it was clearly very good but just not something she cared for. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a great view of the beach plus good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced and outer ratedmcloanesDined on 7/18/2014Food was all over the place to many flavors and over rated would. Not recommendSpecial Features:
- Great Location and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014We've come to this location several times and have always been satisfied. The food is very good and the view is always wonderful. Right on the water in the heart of Pier Village, it's a wonderful place to eat not only for the restaurant but for the surrounding area as well. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- tables packed way too closeMagsDined on 7/18/2014Beach front dinning. The view could not be more perfect but the restaurant "cheapened" the experience by packing tables way too close. It is noisy, crowded dining that overshadows the beautiful scenery. The food is mediocre. The specialty drinks, although sounding great in descriptions, are just OK. Definitely not a place for a foodie, or anyone looking for ambiance implied by the ocean-view location.Special Features:
- Great shore spotSeafoodguyVIPDined on 7/13/2014We are regular visitors to McLoone's Boathouse in West Orange and the food and service in Long Branch was even better. The view of the ocean and options of dining room, bar or outdoor table have the place packed. McLoone's was enjoyable in every respect (except the NYC style pricing on appetizers and entrees).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DBdiningDined on 7/11/2014Food was good, service was good -- great waitress. We were there as there a band playing later --- the band was very good with dancing, so an overall enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- libralynnVIPDined on 7/9/2014Eating excellent seafood at tables overlooking the beach and ocean. What could be better? Waiter seemed a little young and inexperienced with the menu but was attentive and everything was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but priceybeachgirlDined on 7/8/2014Food, wine and staff were great, but a little pricey for lunch. Great for business lunch, but for beach folks too expensive and not casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, beach restaurant - GOOD foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014On the beach, great spot. Very nice hostesses & staff. Food was very good - restaurant was busy and service wasn't up to parSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceMagooDined on 7/1/2014Went there for wife's birthday with 5 other people. Food, service and views of the ocean were great. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Les1Dined on 6/30/2014Screaming babies at nearby table ruins experience and detracts from everything positive. If you are going to bring a dessert plate to the table it needs to look tempting, their's looked dried out and weary, more turn off than turn on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 6/29/2014More expensive than $$ listed..................................Special Features:
- Dining on the BeachVicshopDined on 6/28/2014Great drinks, fresh seafood& a beautiful setting on a warm summer night! Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great view of the ocean. Gave my namefor my reservation and was seated immediately. (The power of open table)Special Features:
- Lunch yes..dinner noTravelPopPopDined on 6/20/2014We had lunch on Friday at McLoone's as we have in the past. service, and food were very good. We also made a diviner reservation for that evening for 7:45 25 min later, we were finally seated. Our server was friendly, and did a nice job. We dine out often, at home and traveling, I have never been in a louder dining environment EVER. if you plan to 1) Hear your server, 2) engage in dinner conversation without yelling, this is not the place for you. Understanding that a large and busy restaurant will not be quiet. At one table patrons were literally screaming. Inexcusable in what is billed as a fine dining establishment. Food was good, but not great...mine came out cold and had to be reheated. All in all it was a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Nice view, Good Food, PriceyCanee1VIPDined on 6/20/2014While the menu looked great the food was good, not great very pricey, and the ambiance was ver loud. Likely would try somewhere else in Long Branch when in the area.
- Beautiful View- OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/20/2014Very excited about eating here to celebrate my son's graduation- kudos to the hostess who quickly accommodated our "increase" in the number of people that joined us last minute without blinking. It was a Friday night, super busy so the kitchen seemed a bit backed up with our food taking long. My son had the Lobster Mac and cheese and he LOVED it... I had a filet which was good (not great) but I eat nationally at many steakhouses so I am picky. We also had some other dishes that were "OK". My husband's chicken dish was cold and he felt it was sitting in the "window" a little too long waiting for the rest of the food. Will be back, but probably to sit outside and enjoy sandwiches, salads and the amazing views at a lower price point.Special Features:
- R2D2R2D2Dined on 6/19/2014Table was ready at reserved time however not at window like requested. Believe with five people were given booth facing beach which worked out fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we went back a second nightJal912Dined on 6/15/2014Mcloons was a great find while in long branch. The food was excellent, we didn't have to wait for a table and the staff was extremely helpful. In particular the mango salmon was particularly good. There were also a large variety of items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIdz21Dined on 6/15/2014The place has great food and sits right on the beach. I highly recommend their Sunday brunch, but call early to make a reservation. Early as in a week in advance to be sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unbeatable serviceFishLoverDined on 6/8/2014We decided on McLoone's because it was recommended by someone in our party. There were five woman in our party there to celebrate a 50th birthday. The excellent service started as soon as we walked in and were warmly greated at the door. The waiter and his staff waited on us like we were the only ones in the restaurant (we weren't, the place was packed). Possible the best service I have ever had!!!! We all had the most amazing seafood, 3 had the sea bass, 2 had the lobster. We all can't wait to go back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationilvbearsDined on 6/8/2014The restaurant was crowded but our table was ready. We had the special; skirt steak with pesto mashed potatoes and onion rings. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notsoeasytoimpressDined on 6/4/2014The food, the staff and the atmosphere were just perfect for our graduation luncheon, and even though the restaurant was extremely crowded the day we were there (multiple families celebrating graduation) the service was just spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for my boyfriend's bdayMemories2RelishDined on 5/31/2014Mcloone's was excellent! We had no problem getting a table since I had booked my reservation in advance online. The staff was very friendly and prompt in getting us our drink/food requests. I ordered the salad wedge and Mahi. My boyfriend ordered the onion soup and crab cakes. We both enjoyed our meals! The romantic atmosphere was the perfect way to spend my boyfriend's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/29/2014Too much of a "factory" with unappealing decor. Not at all an intimate dining experience.