McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
141 National Blvd
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcloonespierhousenh.com/
- Phone: 3018390815x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 09:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Surge Karmen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located along the Potomac River in National Harbor, McLoone's Pier House is the perfect location to host all of your events, from rehearsal dinners to corporate gatherings. Our floor to ceiling windows give our diners a beautiful view day and night, making your event one to remember!
- Entertainment: McLoone's has live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night.
- Special Events: Our semi-private dining area is available to accommodate groups up to 50 guests who are interested in an intimate dinner with a spectacular view and menu to match. We serve a three course set menu with the option of a fourth course. We can make the menu custom to the customers requests. We also offer a cocktail reception with open bar and buffet style appetizer dishes. Outside cocktail receptions are available when the patio is open.
A word from McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
McLoone’s Pier House in National Harbor offers waterfront dining and great views of the sun setting over the Potomac River, serving classic, American cuisine. The offerings range from fresh seafood to hand-cut steaks, as well as pastas, salads and homemade desserts. Outdoor Dining is available from April through October, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (100)great for outdoor dining (88)special occasion (28)good for groups (28)great for lunch (24)romantic (19)great for brunch (18)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have a McLoone's near us at home, which is always great food and service. We were surprised to walk in and feel VERY over dressed in our "smart casual" attire. The hosts were very friendly. We were given food menus, but no drink menus. 20 mins later when the waiter finally comes, we asked her for one. 10 mins later we finally get it, then another 10 mins we finally order. You could tell they were busy, but not overly stuffed with people. The manager, hosts, and busser were trying to pick up the what was lagging, but no one ever came by our table. Just the waiter and the runner to bring our food, which was ok at best. Overall, not happy with this dinner, would not go back with too many other yummy options at the national harbor.Special Features:
- Terrible service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014Went to McLoone's on a Saturday night. The restaurant was half empty with servers buzzing about. But it still took over 20 minutes to give drink orders. Every other table had the same issue and the annoyance was palpable in the air. And the food? Looked alright, but tasted poorly. My salad was a giant mound of arugula with few of the promised toppings and a bare drizzle of dressing. And the Shrimp Scampi was a drippy oily mess. One of the most disappointing restaurants I have been to in the DC area. Oh ya, and the appetizers came out 10 minutes after our meal.
- Great View, So So ResturantFooddawgDined on 8/31/2014With such a great location as National Harbor a restaurant that provided good, decent food and attentive service would make a killing. McLoone's Pier House is not one of those restaurants. Actually the food was ok, for a chain restaurant. Thing that puts you off from this place is the inconsistent service. If you bring me the wrong item don't act like you are doing me a favor to take it back and bring me the correct thing. There are other dining selections in the area so I don't think I would go back to McLoones Pier House.Special Features:
- Best Brunch View!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Great brunch spot! View and the service were definitely the highlights. Food was good, though pricey. We plan to go back to check out the bar scene and the vibe at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long for too littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Even though the food was delicious, the overall experience was quite appalling. The kitchen printers "failed" right after we placed our order, so we waited over an hour for our food when it wasn't even busy. A 15% discount didn't suffice for the inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started of s little RockyCjaninebDined on 8/31/2014Made a reservation for 10:30 for Sunday Brunch (the opening time on their website and what I was given when I called) but when we arrived we were told they didn't open to 11. With a little more pushing and conversation, we discovered it was because of an event and that we needed to either wait or come back. We were offered a cup of coffee and so we waited. Once we were seated, everything picked up from there and it turned into a most enjoyable meal with a beautiful view of the River.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Our food was slow to arrive, not hot, and not particularly noteworthy. An expensive disappointment.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner before attending Cirque du Soleil at the National Harbor. I had Betty's Summer Salad with added shrimp which was perfection! My husband had the Santa Fe Black Bean vegetarian burger which he said was delicious, and my niece enjoyed the Cajun Chicken Alfredo. The desserts were yummy as well. Our waitress was very friendly and had great recommendations. We were there 6-7 PM on a Wednesday night, and the noise level was pretty quiet although the restaurant was pretty full. Also, the views of the harbor are gorgeous.Special Features:
- Enjoyable findfltgeekDined on 8/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. We made our reservation and were seated promptly upon arriving at a table with an excellent view of the sunset. Marcus gave us some excellent recommendations and our order arrived at a good pace between appetizer and main course. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susnet diningsenorkVIPDined on 8/24/2014McLoone's is a great restaurant for outdoor dining, people watching and enjoying views of the river.Special Features:
- ImpressiveHappygirlDined on 8/24/2014Service was great; reasonable wait time for the food; presentation was lovely; food was incredible-crabmeat stuffed salmon, New York strip and salted caramel cake for dessert! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Between McCormick and SmicksKaygeesieDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I wanted to Dine over looking the water. It was between McCormick and Smicks and McCloones. Since we've been to MS, we decided to try something different. So glad we did! The food was delicious! Friendly staff. We didn't think the prices were too bad either. All in all a nice evening over looking the National Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!RickDined on 8/17/2014On the spur of the moment, we decided to escape from an outdoor festival at National Harbor and get some real food. Via Open Table we learned that McCloone's had Open Tables, so we raced to them, were seated promptly at a great table with a great view of the Potomac and proceeded to have a marvelous dinner. The service and the food were five star. Highly recommend the whole red snapper for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long wait, but Worth It.rke1788Dined on 8/15/2014My fiance and I went there this past Friday night and had a reservation for 7:30pm. We didn't get seated for almost an hour which we were definitely annoyed with, considering we had a reservation. We really wanted to sit outside, and so did everyone else! Thankfully we did get seated outside, and it was a wonderful view, and the waiter was amazing. The food was great and the dessert was sooo good. I would recommend going on a less busy night. But I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watching the sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014The outdoor dinning area has a great view of the new Ferris wheel and the water. Fun spot to watch the paddle boarders and the sunset. Food and service were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm going back!CjaninebDined on 8/13/2014This was my first time trying McLoone's. My entree was delicious and the service was excellent! Everyone was very friendly. The view from the restaurant is beautiful. I'm going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/10/2014The food was fair and expensive. The service was fair. This is just a tourist restaurant meaning you go there because you do not know better. We had looked at the menu online and it had some interesting items. When we arrived at the restaurant, It was almost a totally different menu. The waiter said that the online menu was about 7 months old !Special Features:
- McloonesDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant had a terrible smell throughout; much like a public rest room. Our waitress was nice, but very unattentive. We had to get our own utensils, ask for water and waited forever for them to notice us to take our order.Special Features:
- Outdoor has great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014You can see the river, the Ferry Wheel if sitting outdoor. Nice choose of cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Star in the HarborBarbKVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had 6:00 reservations - arrived early and had a nice cocktail at the bar. Our server asked if we were here to see the show and told us he would have us out in time - he was excellent. He recommended the scallops and the crab cake and the mahi mahi - we had all 3 - great choices - we eat at many seafood restaurants - and this was some of the best! The scallops were served over pureed cauliflower - and spinach- it was decadent and healthy at the same time - we have dined at McLoones many times in Long Branch NJ - and this was equally as good - plus the view of the water and the ferris wheel at night along with the sunset were amazing!!! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good view was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed dinner at McLoone's while celebrating a friends birthday. We sat outside and had a nice view of the harbor. Service started out great but seemed to drag as the night progressed. Food was good but a little salty. Also not every dish was as ordered. The price was a little high for everything not to be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harbor ViewGlendaDined on 8/3/2014The food was very good. We had salmon and crab cakes. Service could have been a little better. The server never refilled our water. When we asked if they served bread, we were told the "bread lady" hadn't shown up yet. We were given crispy bread sticks in place of bread. Great view of the water from the restaurant and the staff were all very friendly and up-beat.Special Features:
- Great location and servicemikeyDined on 8/3/2014Sat on the patio during Sunday lunch. View was great as was the service. Food was good.Special Features:
- Fun place. Great serviceACR1907Dined on 8/2/2014We went to McLoone's to celebrate my sister's birthday on an overcast but dry day and sat outside. It was very pleasant and the view was outstanding. Food was good, plentiful and hot. It was step above pub food and the service was excellent (Dominique). Their fries were great and the grilled cheese and crab was awesome. Lobster bisque was filled with chunks of lobster and very flavorful. National Harbor is a wonderful place to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon. The only negative are the restrooms. No paper towels and hand dryer wasn't working.Special Features:
- Brilliant BouillabaisseTable4fiveDined on 8/1/2014We had a lovely time. The bouillabaisse was fantastic - everything was very good, the food, the live music, and the service - we'll be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show DinnerwendfishVIPDined on 8/1/2014We went here for the 1st time on Friday night, before Cirque du Soliel. The host seated us at a great table on the corner of the deck, facing the water & ferris wheel. Our server, Brandon, was wonderful. Very attentive, answered all our questions, very accommodating! As far as the food: the shrimp cocktail was non-traditional - grilled or broiled - which was fine, just not what we expected. I got the whole snapper special & it was WONDERFUL! Tender with just the right amount of tomatoes/peppers on top. My date got the steak/frites. The wine was great, too. The chef came to check on the fish, so that was a nice touch. Wish I had heard about the lobster special, though. Will definitely go back next time we're at the Harbor!Special Features:
- Anniversary EveningBillDined on 7/31/2014I was a little anxious because there were plenty of red flags concerning the reservation times and speed of service. Those fears were settled immediately by the wait staff. Everything was prompt and the food was delicious. I had reservations at the Amaluna Cirque De Soliel and it was a surprise for my wife so I couldn't tell Delonte our waiter. However, he got us out of there in plenty of time. I will certainly come back!Special Features:
- I do not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Slow start to service, our apppetisers were delivered to another table, second drink order was wrong and waitress argued with what we ordered. Food was delivered cold, no bowl for shells, corrrect drink order took forever. I was getting up to go to the bar ask but once I got up they were delivered. One round on drinks were taken off the bill. I will not eat their again and can't recommend to anyone.
- 2nd worst service I've ever had.ColumbiaFoodieDined on 7/27/2014The service was bad enough to make the food taste worse. The first time I went here I left because they left me and my table sitting for 20 minutes before our server first came out. For some reason I gave them a 2nd chance. Bad move on my part. Server took the order and never came back to check on us once during the meal. I had to flag him down to get the check. To top it off the food was bland and watery.Special Features:
- All was GREAT except the tables.CorbinVIPDined on 7/23/2014They were very busy and even though we had a reservation, we had to sit at a high top which are not comfortable at all! Plus, there were 4 of us and the tables are so small, there was no room. We were told that a reservation quarantees us a table but not what kind of a table. We will try another restaurant that is a more comfortable environment the next visit to National Harbor.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant ~ Bad BathroomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014I really like your restaurant except for the woman's bathroom which had no hand soap when I visited and was a mess with toilet paper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/13/2014food was good, views were great, drinks were hit and miss, service was confusing- must have been short staffed because we were infrequently attended to by different people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice early supperCharDined on 7/11/2014We had an early supper, not quite hungry enough for dinner. We had Great service and food. I would definitely do it again.Special Features:
- Girls Day OutGreatDayOutDined on 7/6/2014Service was exceptional and our server, Maria, was absolutely the best. The reservation process was very easy and our reception on arriving at restaurant concierge area was friendly and welcoming. I have been to McLoone's many times and wanted to share this experience with friends as we enjoyed dinner there after a baseball game at Nationals Stadium. Overall a perfect day!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 7/4/2014The food was great but the service was less than desirable.Special Features:
- Loud & UnorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/4/2014The staff was unorganized and didn't seem to care about the customers. Will never return.
- Fab Birthday Spot!Yummy1Dined on 6/29/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday here! With a group of 10 divas our server Marcus was attentive, entertaining, and helped make the occasion fun! From the fresh tasty calamari to the moist delicious sunset salmon, the food was great! I topped it off with the huge chocolate cake! This delightful treat for true chocolate lovers is enough for two, that is if you want to share. I didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and DinnerbarroskeDined on 6/25/2014Had dinner here Wednesday night, the lobster special was tempting, but ended up getting the crab cakes. Excellent, as was the lobster bisque. Beer is prices much better than other restaurants in National Harbor (except Yeungling for $6.00 - I pay $1.50 or $2.00 in the Pennsylvania). Food was so good I returned for lunch on Thursday. The salmon blt was delicious. Service both days was adequate, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Enjoyed ItbirthdaylunchDined on 6/25/2014I took a friend to McLoone's for her birthday lunch. It was my second time there. The food, atmosphere, and service was great! My friend even called me to say that she really enjoyed the restaurant and that she will be coming back again. Please keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014We will be going back to McLoone's. Really nice place and although national harbor has many restaurants some are way too touristy and honestly not worth the money. Prices at Mcloone's we're reasonable and there is something for everyone on the menu, even kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.