McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
141 National Blvd
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcloonespierhousenh.com/
- Phone: 3018390815x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 09:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Surge Karmen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located along the Potomac River in National Harbor, McLoone's Pier House is the perfect location to host all of your events, from rehearsal dinners to corporate gatherings. Our floor to ceiling windows give our diners a beautiful view day and night, making your event one to remember!
- Entertainment: McLoone's has live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night.
- Special Events: Our semi-private dining area is available to accommodate groups up to 50 guests who are interested in an intimate dinner with a spectacular view and menu to match. We serve a three course set menu with the option of a fourth course. We can make the menu custom to the customers requests. We also offer a cocktail reception with open bar and buffet style appetizer dishes. Outside cocktail receptions are available when the patio is open.
A word from McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
McLoone’s Pier House in National Harbor offers waterfront dining and great views of the sun setting over the Potomac River, serving classic, American cuisine. The offerings range from fresh seafood to hand-cut steaks, as well as pastas, salads and homemade desserts. Outdoor Dining is available from April through October, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (100)great for outdoor dining (81)good for groups (32)special occasion (32)great for lunch (22)romantic (21)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- McLoone's was just okDani9269Dined on 9/27/2014We weren't thrilled with McLoone's. The view was great. However the food was just ok and water was served in plastic cups. That was pretty low class in my book. I thought it was a nicer restaurant for the prices.Special Features:
- Crab Bruschetta!RobinTomVIPDined on 9/25/2014We stopped in for a quick bite around lunch time. The Crab Bruschetta was outstanding! It was raining, but the patio looked like a great place to dine with a view of the river.Special Features:
- Great service tipped my reviewTeejayHDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is nice. Nothing too exceptional, but a solid, good seafood place. The fish and chips were decent, but the crab cakes were better. I recommend sitting outside if weather allows, as the location is fantastic and the views spectacular. This was a solid three star review until I considered our outstanding waiter. He was courteous, timely, funny, and exactly what I want for restaurant service. This is a great "date night" restaurant.Special Features:
- Yummy lobsterSeafoodLoverDined on 9/20/2014We went for a 5:30 reservation, and sat inside. Other events in town had a few streets closed but we were still able to park in the closest paid or meter lots. The special was a 1.5 lb lobster with fries at a very reasonable price, so we all got one. I added a side veggie since there was none included. We also had the crab bruschetta, which everyone enjoyed. I wish someone had told me I could have the lobster stuffed with crab imperial. Other than that the meal was cooked to perfection! Immaculately clean so we could dig out all the morsels of meat! Very yummy!Special Features:
- Great Food & View!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We sat inside even though this place is right on the harbor, but it was still a great atmosphere and view out the window. All of our food was wonderful as well - the crab stuffed shrimp was amazing! Service was questionable for us - our waiter saved it as he was awesome, but the hostess who sat us looked like she could not have cared less and was borderline rude. Then we were sat at an extremely wobbly high-top. When we asked to move it was met with a less than accommodating vibe...and then we were moved to a slightly less wobbly high-top! So while the intro to this place was a little shaky, our actual waiter, the food and the view made up for it! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$$UnhappycoupleDined on 9/19/2014The food was ok, nothing special. Definitely not worth the price. With a cheap (overpriced) bottle of wine bill was $124 pre-tip. Could have gotten a much better meal at a nicer place for same price.Special Features:
- Great service, food & view!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014The new management has worked out the kinks! McLoone's is back to being a great location for dinner, drinks & outdoor seating! I am glad we decided to give it one more try.Special Features:
- McLoone's was great & enjoyable.LovesTheWaterDined on 9/14/2014OpenTable was easy to use. It did take a while to get the confirmation email but I did get it. Easy parking at McLoone's.Special Features:
- Too loudTxgurlDined on 9/13/2014Overall it was an ok experience. It was too loud for what I expected. Big groups and a bachelorette party in there. Once the live music started, it was time to leave, it was just too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first and lastjarrett56Dined on 9/13/2014$15.00 for a well drink is beyond too much. food was cold, i had the seafood soup cold. server didn't bring spoon. just not impresses at all.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerKLynnJohnsonDined on 9/13/2014I had the Mahi and it was excellent. I have been to McCloone's several times and have always had a pleasant experience!Special Features:
- Great start to the eveningckrnvaDined on 9/13/2014My family and I were at the National Harbor to see Amaluna, the Cirque de Soleil show. We booked McLoone's to start the evening off and it was a good decision. We were seated almost the moment we entered the restaurant and the service was excellent! The girls had the shrimp scampi and I took the waitress' suggestion on the red snapper. Both were very good. We would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- Great Views/Food; Service not GreatFoodYummoDined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere is great, upbeat and fun, but the service is always slow.Special Features:
- Celebrated a BirthdayoldereaterDined on 9/7/2014We went to McLoone's for a birthday celebration. It was perfect for our family. The server was excellent and went out of his way to ensure we had a good time.Special Features:
- Has Potential...butmrsmithyDined on 9/7/2014We've been to McLoone's several times, mainly because they have outdoor seating and usually have a table available. The food and waitstaff are usually above average. But, no matter how busy it is, there is always a problem with being seated. There always seems to be mass confusion at the hostess stand and in this instance, we waited 15 minutes to be seated in a near empty restaurant at lunch time. With all the competition in the area, it would be hard to recommend this place over some of the others. Too bad because it's in a great location and has so much potential.Special Features:
- McLoone's Pier HouseEatingforPleasureDined on 9/6/2014The only thing lacking with our dinner was the taste of the side salads we received with our dinner. They were bland. Everything else was tasteful and service was great. It did get a bit noisy when the musician started playing at 8 pm. We were near the back but had to raise our voice to talk across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheezyDiscerningPaletteVIPDined on 9/4/2014Our waiter was friendly and eager to please. We were told that we could not get Happy hour because we were seated in at the wrong section -- we were there for Dinner!! How ridiculous, the place was completely empty. The food was overpriced. I guess you are paying for the view. The mussels were average. The spring rolls were greasy. The steak was average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/2/2014We went here before going to Cirque du Soleil. Food and service were good.
- Not what we expectedlemonhead08Dined on 8/31/2014We have a McLoone's near us at home, which is always great food and service. We were surprised to walk in and feel VERY over dressed in our "smart casual" attire. The hosts were very friendly. We were given food menus, but no drink menus. 20 mins later when the waiter finally comes, we asked her for one. 10 mins later we finally get it, then another 10 mins we finally order. You could tell they were busy, but not overly stuffed with people. The manager, hosts, and busser were trying to pick up the what was lagging, but no one ever came by our table. Just the waiter and the runner to bring our food, which was ok at best. Overall, not happy with this dinner, would not go back with too many other yummy options at the national harbor.Special Features:
- Terrible service and foodDCJRVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went to McLoone's on a Saturday night. The restaurant was half empty with servers buzzing about. But it still took over 20 minutes to give drink orders. Every other table had the same issue and the annoyance was palpable in the air. And the food? Looked alright, but tasted poorly. My salad was a giant mound of arugula with few of the promised toppings and a bare drizzle of dressing. And the Shrimp Scampi was a drippy oily mess. One of the most disappointing restaurants I have been to in the DC area. Oh ya, and the appetizers came out 10 minutes after our meal.
- Great View, So So ResturantFooddawgDined on 8/31/2014With such a great location as National Harbor a restaurant that provided good, decent food and attentive service would make a killing. McLoone's Pier House is not one of those restaurants. Actually the food was ok, for a chain restaurant. Thing that puts you off from this place is the inconsistent service. If you bring me the wrong item don't act like you are doing me a favor to take it back and bring me the correct thing. There are other dining selections in the area so I don't think I would go back to McLoones Pier House.Special Features:
- Best Brunch View!TeamGibsonDined on 8/31/2014Great brunch spot! View and the service were definitely the highlights. Food was good, though pricey. We plan to go back to check out the bar scene and the vibe at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long for too littlefoodienotfattieDined on 8/31/2014Even though the food was delicious, the overall experience was quite appalling. The kitchen printers "failed" right after we placed our order, so we waited over an hour for our food when it wasn't even busy. A 15% discount didn't suffice for the inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, but...........samdeeVIPDined on 8/31/2014McLoone's Pier House has great views of the Potomac and attentive service. Food was above par, but not the worth the price. However, this seems to be the norm with National Harbor. Every restaurant is pricey because of the views. We dined for brunch and the burrito and crab omelette were both enjoyed by my friends. My chicken and waffles was mediocre. Waffle was excellent, but fried chicken reminded me of frozen chicken tenders you serve your kids for a quick dinner. Definitely did not warrant the $16 fee. Bloody Mary's were good, but not worth the $13 tag attached. Service was attentive and the view was great, but don't expect the best meal at National Harbor.Special Features:
- Started of s little RockyCjaninebDined on 8/31/2014Made a reservation for 10:30 for Sunday Brunch (the opening time on their website and what I was given when I called) but when we arrived we were told they didn't open to 11. With a little more pushing and conversation, we discovered it was because of an event and that we needed to either wait or come back. We were offered a cup of coffee and so we waited. Once we were seated, everything picked up from there and it turned into a most enjoyable meal with a beautiful view of the River.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Our food was slow to arrive, not hot, and not particularly noteworthy. An expensive disappointment.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerPenny3815Dined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner before attending Cirque du Soleil at the National Harbor. I had Betty's Summer Salad with added shrimp which was perfection! My husband had the Santa Fe Black Bean vegetarian burger which he said was delicious, and my niece enjoyed the Cajun Chicken Alfredo. The desserts were yummy as well. Our waitress was very friendly and had great recommendations. We were there 6-7 PM on a Wednesday night, and the noise level was pretty quiet although the restaurant was pretty full. Also, the views of the harbor are gorgeous.Special Features:
- Pretty view, but expensiveDiningDorsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Happy hour is affordable at the bar, but no open table points. The National Harbor is not very convenient with no mass transit option AND expensive to park. This place has a great view but an expensive place to bring a table of co-workers.Special Features:
- Enjoyable findfltgeekDined on 8/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. We made our reservation and were seated promptly upon arriving at a table with an excellent view of the sunset. Marcus gave us some excellent recommendations and our order arrived at a good pace between appetizer and main course. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susnet diningsenorkVIPDined on 8/24/2014McLoone's is a great restaurant for outdoor dining, people watching and enjoying views of the river.Special Features:
- ImpressiveHappygirlDined on 8/24/2014Service was great; reasonable wait time for the food; presentation was lovely; food was incredible-crabmeat stuffed salmon, New York strip and salted caramel cake for dessert! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Between McCormick and SmicksKaygeesieDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I wanted to Dine over looking the water. It was between McCormick and Smicks and McCloones. Since we've been to MS, we decided to try something different. So glad we did! The food was delicious! Friendly staff. We didn't think the prices were too bad either. All in all a nice evening over looking the National Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!RickDined on 8/17/2014On the spur of the moment, we decided to escape from an outdoor festival at National Harbor and get some real food. Via Open Table we learned that McCloone's had Open Tables, so we raced to them, were seated promptly at a great table with a great view of the Potomac and proceeded to have a marvelous dinner. The service and the food were five star. Highly recommend the whole red snapper for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long wait, but Worth It.rke1788Dined on 8/15/2014My fiance and I went there this past Friday night and had a reservation for 7:30pm. We didn't get seated for almost an hour which we were definitely annoyed with, considering we had a reservation. We really wanted to sit outside, and so did everyone else! Thankfully we did get seated outside, and it was a wonderful view, and the waiter was amazing. The food was great and the dessert was sooo good. I would recommend going on a less busy night. But I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watching the sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014The outdoor dinning area has a great view of the new Ferris wheel and the water. Fun spot to watch the paddle boarders and the sunset. Food and service were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm going back!CjaninebDined on 8/13/2014This was my first time trying McLoone's. My entree was delicious and the service was excellent! Everyone was very friendly. The view from the restaurant is beautiful. I'm going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/10/2014The food was fair and expensive. The service was fair. This is just a tourist restaurant meaning you go there because you do not know better. We had looked at the menu online and it had some interesting items. When we arrived at the restaurant, It was almost a totally different menu. The waiter said that the online menu was about 7 months old !Special Features:
- McloonesDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant had a terrible smell throughout; much like a public rest room. Our waitress was nice, but very unattentive. We had to get our own utensils, ask for water and waited forever for them to notice us to take our order.Special Features:
- Outdoor has great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014You can see the river, the Ferry Wheel if sitting outdoor. Nice choose of cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Star in the HarborBarbKVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had 6:00 reservations - arrived early and had a nice cocktail at the bar. Our server asked if we were here to see the show and told us he would have us out in time - he was excellent. He recommended the scallops and the crab cake and the mahi mahi - we had all 3 - great choices - we eat at many seafood restaurants - and this was some of the best! The scallops were served over pureed cauliflower - and spinach- it was decadent and healthy at the same time - we have dined at McLoones many times in Long Branch NJ - and this was equally as good - plus the view of the water and the ferris wheel at night along with the sunset were amazing!!! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.