McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
141 National Blvd
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcloonespierhousenh.com/
- Phone: 3018390815x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 09:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Surge Karmen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located along the Potomac River in National Harbor, McLoone's Pier House is the perfect location to host all of your events, from rehearsal dinners to corporate gatherings. Our floor to ceiling windows give our diners a beautiful view day and night, making your event one to remember!
- Entertainment: McLoone's has live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night.
- Special Events: Our semi-private dining area is available to accommodate groups up to 50 guests who are interested in an intimate dinner with a spectacular view and menu to match. We serve a three course set menu with the option of a fourth course. We can make the menu custom to the customers requests. We also offer a cocktail reception with open bar and buffet style appetizer dishes. Outside cocktail receptions are available when the patio is open.
A word from McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor
McLoone’s Pier House in National Harbor offers waterfront dining and great views of the sun setting over the Potomac River, serving classic, American cuisine. The offerings range from fresh seafood to hand-cut steaks, as well as pastas, salads and homemade desserts. Outdoor Dining is available from April through October, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
McLoone's Pier House - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)great for outdoor dining (82)special occasion (27)good for groups (26)great for lunch (24)romantic (19)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Our food was slow to arrive, not hot, and not particularly noteworthy. An expensive disappointment.Special Features:
- Enjoyable findfltgeekDined on 8/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. We made our reservation and were seated promptly upon arriving at a table with an excellent view of the sunset. Marcus gave us some excellent recommendations and our order arrived at a good pace between appetizer and main course. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susnet diningsenorkVIPDined on 8/24/2014McLoone's is a great restaurant for outdoor dining, people watching and enjoying views of the river.Special Features:
- ImpressiveHappygirlDined on 8/24/2014Service was great; reasonable wait time for the food; presentation was lovely; food was incredible-crabmeat stuffed salmon, New York strip and salted caramel cake for dessert! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Between McCormick and SmicksKaygeesieDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I wanted to Dine over looking the water. It was between McCormick and Smicks and McCloones. Since we've been to MS, we decided to try something different. So glad we did! The food was delicious! Friendly staff. We didn't think the prices were too bad either. All in all a nice evening over looking the National Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!RickDined on 8/17/2014On the spur of the moment, we decided to escape from an outdoor festival at National Harbor and get some real food. Via Open Table we learned that McCloone's had Open Tables, so we raced to them, were seated promptly at a great table with a great view of the Potomac and proceeded to have a marvelous dinner. The service and the food were five star. Highly recommend the whole red snapper for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long wait, but Worth It.rke1788Dined on 8/15/2014My fiance and I went there this past Friday night and had a reservation for 7:30pm. We didn't get seated for almost an hour which we were definitely annoyed with, considering we had a reservation. We really wanted to sit outside, and so did everyone else! Thankfully we did get seated outside, and it was a wonderful view, and the waiter was amazing. The food was great and the dessert was sooo good. I would recommend going on a less busy night. But I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watching the sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014The outdoor dinning area has a great view of the new Ferris wheel and the water. Fun spot to watch the paddle boarders and the sunset. Food and service were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm going back!CjaninebDined on 8/13/2014This was my first time trying McLoone's. My entree was delicious and the service was excellent! Everyone was very friendly. The view from the restaurant is beautiful. I'm going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/10/2014The food was fair and expensive. The service was fair. This is just a tourist restaurant meaning you go there because you do not know better. We had looked at the menu online and it had some interesting items. When we arrived at the restaurant, It was almost a totally different menu. The waiter said that the online menu was about 7 months old !Special Features:
- McloonesDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant had a terrible smell throughout; much like a public rest room. Our waitress was nice, but very unattentive. We had to get our own utensils, ask for water and waited forever for them to notice us to take our order.Special Features:
- Outdoor has great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014You can see the river, the Ferry Wheel if sitting outdoor. Nice choose of cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Star in the HarborBarbKVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had 6:00 reservations - arrived early and had a nice cocktail at the bar. Our server asked if we were here to see the show and told us he would have us out in time - he was excellent. He recommended the scallops and the crab cake and the mahi mahi - we had all 3 - great choices - we eat at many seafood restaurants - and this was some of the best! The scallops were served over pureed cauliflower - and spinach- it was decadent and healthy at the same time - we have dined at McLoones many times in Long Branch NJ - and this was equally as good - plus the view of the water and the ferris wheel at night along with the sunset were amazing!!! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good view was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed dinner at McLoone's while celebrating a friends birthday. We sat outside and had a nice view of the harbor. Service started out great but seemed to drag as the night progressed. Food was good but a little salty. Also not every dish was as ordered. The price was a little high for everything not to be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harbor ViewGlendaDined on 8/3/2014The food was very good. We had salmon and crab cakes. Service could have been a little better. The server never refilled our water. When we asked if they served bread, we were told the "bread lady" hadn't shown up yet. We were given crispy bread sticks in place of bread. Great view of the water from the restaurant and the staff were all very friendly and up-beat.Special Features:
- Great location and servicemikeyDined on 8/3/2014Sat on the patio during Sunday lunch. View was great as was the service. Food was good.Special Features:
- Fun place. Great serviceACR1907Dined on 8/2/2014We went to McLoone's to celebrate my sister's birthday on an overcast but dry day and sat outside. It was very pleasant and the view was outstanding. Food was good, plentiful and hot. It was step above pub food and the service was excellent (Dominique). Their fries were great and the grilled cheese and crab was awesome. Lobster bisque was filled with chunks of lobster and very flavorful. National Harbor is a wonderful place to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon. The only negative are the restrooms. No paper towels and hand dryer wasn't working.Special Features:
- Brilliant BouillabaisseTable4fiveDined on 8/1/2014We had a lovely time. The bouillabaisse was fantastic - everything was very good, the food, the live music, and the service - we'll be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show DinnerwendfishVIPDined on 8/1/2014We went here for the 1st time on Friday night, before Cirque du Soliel. The host seated us at a great table on the corner of the deck, facing the water & ferris wheel. Our server, Brandon, was wonderful. Very attentive, answered all our questions, very accommodating! As far as the food: the shrimp cocktail was non-traditional - grilled or broiled - which was fine, just not what we expected. I got the whole snapper special & it was WONDERFUL! Tender with just the right amount of tomatoes/peppers on top. My date got the steak/frites. The wine was great, too. The chef came to check on the fish, so that was a nice touch. Wish I had heard about the lobster special, though. Will definitely go back next time we're at the Harbor!Special Features:
- Anniversary EveningBillDined on 7/31/2014I was a little anxious because there were plenty of red flags concerning the reservation times and speed of service. Those fears were settled immediately by the wait staff. Everything was prompt and the food was delicious. I had reservations at the Amaluna Cirque De Soliel and it was a surprise for my wife so I couldn't tell Delonte our waiter. However, he got us out of there in plenty of time. I will certainly come back!Special Features:
- I do not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Slow start to service, our apppetisers were delivered to another table, second drink order was wrong and waitress argued with what we ordered. Food was delivered cold, no bowl for shells, corrrect drink order took forever. I was getting up to go to the bar ask but once I got up they were delivered. One round on drinks were taken off the bill. I will not eat their again and can't recommend to anyone.
- 2nd worst service I've ever had.ColumbiaFoodieDined on 7/27/2014The service was bad enough to make the food taste worse. The first time I went here I left because they left me and my table sitting for 20 minutes before our server first came out. For some reason I gave them a 2nd chance. Bad move on my part. Server took the order and never came back to check on us once during the meal. I had to flag him down to get the check. To top it off the food was bland and watery.Special Features:
- All was GREAT except the tables.CorbinVIPDined on 7/23/2014They were very busy and even though we had a reservation, we had to sit at a high top which are not comfortable at all! Plus, there were 4 of us and the tables are so small, there was no room. We were told that a reservation quarantees us a table but not what kind of a table. We will try another restaurant that is a more comfortable environment the next visit to National Harbor.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant ~ Bad BathroomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014I really like your restaurant except for the woman's bathroom which had no hand soap when I visited and was a mess with toilet paper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/13/2014food was good, views were great, drinks were hit and miss, service was confusing- must have been short staffed because we were infrequently attended to by different people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice early supperCharDined on 7/11/2014We had an early supper, not quite hungry enough for dinner. We had Great service and food. I would definitely do it again.Special Features:
- Girls Day OutGreatDayOutDined on 7/6/2014Service was exceptional and our server, Maria, was absolutely the best. The reservation process was very easy and our reception on arriving at restaurant concierge area was friendly and welcoming. I have been to McLoone's many times and wanted to share this experience with friends as we enjoyed dinner there after a baseball game at Nationals Stadium. Overall a perfect day!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 7/4/2014The food was great but the service was less than desirable.Special Features:
- Loud & UnorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/4/2014The staff was unorganized and didn't seem to care about the customers. Will never return.
- Fab Birthday Spot!Yummy1Dined on 6/29/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday here! With a group of 10 divas our server Marcus was attentive, entertaining, and helped make the occasion fun! From the fresh tasty calamari to the moist delicious sunset salmon, the food was great! I topped it off with the huge chocolate cake! This delightful treat for true chocolate lovers is enough for two, that is if you want to share. I didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and DinnerbarroskeDined on 6/25/2014Had dinner here Wednesday night, the lobster special was tempting, but ended up getting the crab cakes. Excellent, as was the lobster bisque. Beer is prices much better than other restaurants in National Harbor (except Yeungling for $6.00 - I pay $1.50 or $2.00 in the Pennsylvania). Food was so good I returned for lunch on Thursday. The salmon blt was delicious. Service both days was adequate, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Enjoyed ItbirthdaylunchDined on 6/25/2014I took a friend to McLoone's for her birthday lunch. It was my second time there. The food, atmosphere, and service was great! My friend even called me to say that she really enjoyed the restaurant and that she will be coming back again. Please keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014We will be going back to McLoone's. Really nice place and although national harbor has many restaurants some are way too touristy and honestly not worth the money. Prices at Mcloone's we're reasonable and there is something for everyone on the menu, even kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda Pricey for what you geteatsoutalotDined on 6/15/2014Overall the food is OK, nothing spectacular. So the prices they charge are a bit steep--$34 for 6 medium shrimp with a mini-crabcake on it and served over mash potatoes---seems kinda steep for small and kinda tasteless dish. I would go back just to sit on the outside deck and have a drink, but for the money spent, I would probably go somewhere else to dine.Special Features:
- Stay AwayOntimeDined on 6/14/2014Reservation made. Arrived early we were informed that a table is not available with 8 parties ahead of us. We found a high top table at the bar, 30 minutes later we decided to have diner there. The only saving grace was the service provided by the bartender.Special Features:
- Why Have Reservations?nDMVDinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014This was my worst experience having a reservation at a restaurant. We arrived at 7:55 for an 8PM reservation and waited at the indoor host stand to ask for our outdoor seats, we we're told we had to go to the outdoor host stand. When we got through our second line at the outdoor host stand we were told it could be up to an hour wait for a table WITH A RESERVATION. Spoke with the manager who came and said that it would only be 15-20 minutes. After 20 minutes, went back to ask about a table and none open. Other people waiting that had reservations had been waiting an hour! After 30 minutes we gave up and left. Never had dinner here, only good thing was watching the sunset on National Harbor while we waited.Special Features:
- Worst Service Ever...RosereviewDined on 6/14/2014We booked for 8pm. We arrived at 7pm and told the reception staff that we would be at the bar until out table was ready. At 8.10pm we asked about our table...it would be ready in 20 minutes. Eventually at 8.35pm we had to ask for the manager (who happened to be the regional manager) before we were seated. We waited about 20 minutes but nobody had arrived at our table to give us water, take our order etc so again we had to find the manager. Things then seemed to improve and the food was good...UNTIL the server poured a new wine order into my half-finished glass (of a different wine!) The ending to this disaster was when we ordered two glasses of Cloudy Bay and were served something completely different in the hope that we wouldn't notice!
- Staff needs significant trainingMulliganDined on 6/14/2014We arrived for a 7:30 reservation for 5 and were told they were backed up and to expect a 25 minute wait. We went to the bar and ordered drinks. Instead of serving us right away, the bartender disappeared into the kitchen to deal with another customer's food. Bottom line - 15 minutes to get our drinks. They finally seated us at 9:00, an hour and a half late. We placed our drink order and it was another 15 minutes until we received our drinks. Despite talking to 2 managers about the long delay, and our waiter knowing our dissatisfaction, they offered no compensation. After the meal, I discussed the entire experience with a 3rd manager. He offered a sincere apology and generous compensation. Bottom line - staff needs much training!Special Features:
- Not impressedPhillipCDined on 6/14/2014I initially had high expectations for this resturant because it's at the National Harbor. I was wrong, the service was unacceptable. The food was ok but not worth the money. We were told by management we would receive a free dessert but after giving our credit cards to pay, I was charged the $8 for a key lime pie!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014Asked the server about the house draft. He had no idea except that it was a beer on draft. Also we were given the bread when our meals arrived. Appetizer was good but Salmon was super salty. A whole bunch of servers are just standing around chatting in the dining area.