McLoone's Bayonne Grill
400 State Route 440 North
Bayonne, NJ 07002Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McLoone's Bayonne Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mcloonesbayonnegrille.com/
- Phone: 201-858-0500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Moday through Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Haleem Robinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available.
- Private Party Contact: Jared Mimozo 201-858-0500x
- Entertainment: Simulcast Horse-Race Wagering (OTW)
DirecTV NFL Package
3 Projection TV's
Over 20 TV's in the Restaurant
- Special Events: Breeder's Cup - Saturday November 2nd.
A word from McLoone's Bayonne Grill
McLoone's Bayonne Grille is located just off Route 440, in the Off-Track Wagering Facility called Winners. McLoone's Bayonne Grille is the Jersey Shore Dining Experience we've come to know, closer to home. From mouth-watering steaks, seafood, and pastas to the finest signature cocktails & wines, McLoone's Bayonne Grille has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McLoone's Bayonne Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Boring, trashy and gross food.RWNYCVIPDined on 8/27/2014Combined with an off track betting place. Trashy clientele, BRIGHT, no ambiance, boring and the food isn't good, I can cook better. Don't waste your money.
- Joe52VIPDined on 8/17/2014Waiter AND Manager were not familiar at all with Opentable!Special Features:
- ClaudehatestocookDined on 6/15/2014It was our first time dining at McLoone's. I had to send back my French onion soup twice and finally it was taken off the bill. It was not fresh. The food was not replenished at the brunch. We were forced to have breakfast. The waite staff was really nice. The hostess was sweet and professional. We spent $100.00 for a table of 5 and were quite disappointed.Special Features:
- good food, friendly staff.joanneDined on 6/6/2014Went to bet the Kentucky derby and decided to make a night out of it. Everything way good from appetizers to dessert. Staff was pleasant especially our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the McLoone's Bayonne Grill reviews archive.
- Hidden SecretJerseyGirl973Dined on 2/22/2014I have dined at several Mcloone restaurants but this location is completely different. The dress attire and atmosphere is more casual than other locations. It is located inside of a place where individuals bet on horses. It gives you a sports-bar vibe with the numerous flat -screens that are plastered around the restaurant. The staff was friendly and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its an off track betting placedebruthDined on 1/23/2014why this restaurant would be part of restaurant week - it was daylight bright, empty in the restaurant, full of horse gamblers outside the restaurant in this next room, TVs with horse races everywhere, one waitstaff who had to walk a mile to the only open bar which was in the gambling area. worst bacon/bleu cheese burger I ever had. Very nice potato/asparagus soup.
- You Must Go!!!VanillaDined on 8/29/2013I treated my family here for dinner. It was great and I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for allJcratesDined on 8/18/2013Food was excellent and option to bet on races provided fun and laughs! Nice family evening,Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestDB77Dined on 8/4/2013My friend and I went for brunch as an alternative to the McLoone's in West Orange after we hear it was excellent. Well this may have the same name but nothing much outstanding about the brunch. Service was a bit slow but the waitress was friendly enough. Wouldn't go back. Next time will wait for an opening at the West Orange location!
- BrunchGGGGDined on 6/30/2013This review is really based on brunch alone. The restaurant is nice, servers are very friendly, food served at brunch is good, but the price is not justifiable based on the limited brunch item selections.
- Father's Dad BrunchDebnjDined on 6/16/2013We really enjoyed our brunch. The food was good and there was always good amounts of food. I have been to two other places for brunch in the pass coupel of months and I must say the food was much better here for the price! The cocktails were the only thing I think needs work. Our service was very good - we were a small group so setting for us was nice, I think they need to re-think seating for larger groups folding tables and chairs make the room look cheap! And if I were in a large group I would not have been happy with my table - I know the large group next to us was not happy....that all they talked about over and over again (they were pretty loud lol). But we still enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLoriDined on 5/24/2013We came with a group of people we have fun and great food. Great night and Danielle the server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Train StationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2013I was feeling like in a train station , or better, it is like the old OTB in New York City , people lurking around who want to bet on the horses, is a strange place. I have bin to McLoone's down on the Shore and I love it . It is "different"
- nite outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2013Went out with my dad & my cousin. Was a very nice dining experience. The waitress was very attentive and made sure everything was perfect. Will be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kentucky DerbyWoodyDined on 5/4/2013A great place to go for The Kentucky Derby. Everyone was super friendly. The place was very clean, service was good - we were seated immediately and our server was very pleasant. The four course meal was a good deal. My meal, filet mignon, was excellent. My husband had the ribeye cowboy steak which was very tough - everything else was very good. Bartender didn't know how to make a Jamaica coffee - he should have said that because what he did make was just terrible. He needed a lesson on specialty coffee drinks. I would definitely return. I have recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- All of the food that I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013All of the food that I have had there the 2 times we were there was all very good. The omlette I had on my 1st visit was outstanding. That time I basically stuck to breakfast items & fresh friut all of which were very good. The second time I was going to have a waffle but there was no sugar free syrup so I tried more of the lunch items & they were also ver good. I have recommended it to several of my friends.Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013It was my first time there and the food was simply fantasic. Both appetizers and entree were amazing and there was almost no wait! I definitely ant wait to come back here again.Special Features:
- PHENOMENAL FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013The food & the service was outstanding!! The crab cakes & Thai wings are FABULOUS!!!!Special Features:
- I rarely write reviews ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I rarely write reviews of restaurants, but I feel compelled to talk about this experience. I very badly wanted to enjoy my time here, since I went for my grandmother's birthday dinner. However, multiple service hiccups really detracted from a dining experience in which the food was actually quite good. Without going into too much detail, I will list a few of the issues we had: waitress brought the bottle of wine to our table and left it unopened for 10+ minutes, waitress did not bring out bread and when we asked for it, she blamed its absence on "the bread guy," appetizers came out at the same time as entrees. She was overall a very awful waitress, if not incredibly nice and apologetic. Food was OK, but I couldn't recommend McLooneSpecial Features:
- Missed my reservation time,TheRavenDined on 3/5/2013Missed my reservation time, but managed to finally get there after business meeting ran late. Had a quick lunch and really did not have time to enjoy the restaurant. However, I will be back because I enjoyed my lunch and could see the restaurant was a quality establishment.Special Features:
- Went to McLoones for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Went to McLoones for dinner. The food was excellent. Better than I expected. My party ordered a cowboy steak and a crab cake dinner. Both dishes were about $ 25 each and there was plenty of food with each dish. Plenty of tv's in the dining area and a nice bar. Would definitly visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013It was my birthday as well as superbowl sunday on 2/3. I had been here for their all day brunch a few sundays before and fell in love with this place i just had to book the tables for my brithday/superbowl party. My friends and I had a blast. the food was good, the wings are awesome. The atmosphere is porbably my favorite it is such a nice well kept clean bar/restaurant. I like the fact that you bet on the horses right at your table as well. and watch the game on the big screens or privately at your table. Overall one of the best places I have ever celrbated my birthday! Our waiter Dan was the best as well! He took care of us and we all thank him for his service.Special Features:
- Does not compair to West Orange,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Does not compair to West Orange, Long Branch or Sea Bright prior to storm Sandy, would not go back for brunch
- It may be a little pricey,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013It may be a little pricey, but I have never walked out of here without enough leftovers to last another two days. The food is wonderful, and the staff is super friendly. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Atlantic City minus the drive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2012With the top shelf brunch and Atlantic City like decorum McLoone's has emerged as gem in the Baynonne area. The entries that fellow patrons ordered look very good as I enjoyed the unlimited brunch and comfortable seating. Customer service was world class.Special Features:
- Always great food. We goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2012Always great food. We go here to play the horses at Winners and have a good time. This restaurant is not for quiet time.Special Features:
- since we came, we have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012since we came, we have been telling alot of people, you should advertise more on staten island,its a quick drive if you don't want the shuttle, and on the way home, they can gas up at a reduce price it is a win, win at winners and mcloonesSpecial Features:
- Located in an off track bettingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Located in an off track betting parlor it' has the feel of a fast food operation rather than a restaurant whose prices are inflated as if it were a casino restaurant. The betting machines in the restaurant didn't work so you had to walk thru then betting parlor to bet on a race. Don't go if you just want to eat. They opened a much nicer restaurant in West Orange if you want to try their food in better surroundings.Special Features:
- We hadn't realized that thisAlysonVIPDined on 9/1/2012We hadn't realized that this restaurant was inside Winners - horse betting. That brings in an entirely different class of people and changes the restaurant environment. We love all of the other McLoone's, but probably will not return to this one. The edamame was delicious, as was the apple walnut salad.
- Not a good initial impression !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012I attended with a group of eight former co-workers to support the local BEOF fundraiser. We stayed at the bar(in the restaurant)and seemed to be enjoying the night.We were later seated, together, in the dining area. Our waiter was fine. Most of the party ordered burgers. One girl ordered the buffalo wontons. One guy ordered the chicken pot pie. The wontons came out shortly. The rest of the order took an exceptionally long time(well over an hour). When the food did arrive, some of it was cold. The manager did come to the table but gave the excuse of being short staffed. That further infuriated one gentleman and he left the restaurant, vowing to never return. When we were finished eating,the manager returned and provided compensation.
- Fun night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012This McLoone's is designed like an up-scaled, modern diner. It is attached to the new 'Winners' (off track betting) facility and makes for a night filled with fun, as you can bet and watch your races from your table, which is why we went there. the food was very good, and the service was excellent! It has a big bar, many high top tables booths, plus tables. The place is surrounded by silent televisions showing different sporting events, and of course the horses! Directly outside is Winners, which is wonderfully electric! This is a fun night out for sure!Special Features:
- Very overpriced and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2012Very overpriced and the food was not that good. Will stick with The Pegasus restaurant at the Meadowlands racetrack and see the races live.
- Bayonne's newest HotspotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2012The personnel at Mcloone's were all very friendly and the service was excellent. The food was great as well as the beer and wine selection. I would recommend this place for groups and couples who want a great time and don't mind loud crowds as they cheer on their horses. Great bar area and a good place to come for watching sports. Plenty of parking on siteSpecial Features:
- We had an fun afternoon andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012We had an fun afternoon and food was good Trying to get into mcloones was another Issue need more larger sign and sign By u-turn Hard to eat and play need to do one thing At a time Looking forward to brunch Had brunch in pier village and was great Thanks for coming to bayonneSpecial Features:
- Beautiful bar and dining area.LoveTheWeekendDined on 7/21/2012Beautiful bar and dining area. Roomy with great views of the TV screens. Good atmosphere with lots of different types of seating. The service was terrific; out waitress kept the food and drinks coming while the assistants kept clearing the table quickly. Great location for a larger group.Special Features: