3209 Maple Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mckinnons.com/
- Phone: 4042371313
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms available and would be pleased to accommodate your company or private function.
We have several sample menus from which to choose, or we can customize your own menu from our traditional menu.
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday night, we offer open mic!
A word from McKinnon's Louisiane
Since 1972, McKinnon's Louisiane has served marvelous Louisiana seafood dishes reflecting the delicate and refined cooking of New Orleans, as well as the pungent, highly seasoned dishes of the Cajun Bayou. McKinnon's Creole and Cajun specialties have made this restaurant a local favorite, earning it a national reputation. McKinnon's dining room is elegant, intimate, and warmly inviting; the Grill Room offers a more casual dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
McKinnon's Louisiane - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
McKinnon's Louisiane reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (35)special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 10/17/2014from soup to nuts just excellent food and so charming to see the little oldies in the bar having a blast! we loved having a drink and watching them perform!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/15/2014This is a classic place. Easy parking right at the door, no valet, and a sincere welcome when you walk in. There is a large menu dominated by fish and seafood. I've tried almost everything and always love what I get. The service is second to none. You will enjoy your dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/13/2014We had a fabulous evening at this restaurant. The owner was absolutely gracious and made outstanding recommendations including an out-of-this-world appetizer sampler. We are not from the area, so the menu was exciting to us. Food was delicious! Highly recommend anything with a sauce - they were wonderful. It was an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !!ConfusedDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner and excellent service upon dining at McKinnon's.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!chuckarenDined on 9/26/2014Very enjoyable evening with friends! Excellent service with attentive (but not intrusive) staff. Even the manager came by with suggestions for the table - then checking to make sure all was well. All was better than well! Only one complaint that one dish was slightly overcooked - but the other 5 dishes were phenomenal. Definitely a must try in Buckhead!Special Features:
- Great seafood at a good priceDine30319Dined on 9/12/2014Four of us had a very nice evening. The restaurant seems to have found a good formula for keeping regulars happy and attracting younger diners. Our fish was nicely cooked and we had excellent service from the owner. I also enjoyed the low volume which made for a nice evening of conversation and drinks. At its price points, some of the best fish in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingbt2014Dined on 9/12/2014I have been looking forward to trying this restaurant for a few years now. I have heard good things but was quite disappointed with my meal, as was my entire group. I was with a group of five and everyones food was quite bland. While dining at a Louisiana style restaurant you expect a lot of flavor and spice. our meals had neither. My fish was burned on the bottom. The green beans and potatoes that came with our meals were bland. The portions were small and lacked in presentation. The crawfish and calamari was fairly good but way over priced for what you receive. I would expect way more for such a high price point.
- Seafood sillyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014What a memorable dining experience! The best seafood I have ever had and that is my main diet! Fresh, deliciously prepared with perfect seasoning and sauces to compliment each fish. And the oysters and cream brûlée were outstanding. The dining environment was comfortable, quiet and romantic. None of this screaming at your table mate to hear. The service was excellent. I drink a lot of water and my glass was always full with lots of ice! Crazy, but one way I critique a restaurant. Aziz and his wife were gracious hosts, checking on our meal frequently and assisting in our ordering. I chose Mckinnon's to celebrate my husband's birthday and I made the perfect choice. We truly celebrated great food, wine, and service.Special Features:
- MagnoliaDined on 8/31/2014Superb. My favorite restaurant. Delicious food. Healthy. Perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAnonymous666Dined on 8/29/2014Great neighborhood restaurant....... Locals, all over 70, always keep the bar full with live entertainmentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night dinnerChelsealunchDined on 8/25/2014In Atlanta buying a car. Dealer recommended this place when we asked for seafood. I ordered the bouliabase (?), my wife Halibut. We shared climatic as an apetizer. The calamari is memorable, most with a slight hint of Indian spice. The main dishes were also quite. The meal was reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recomendations were greatbigeaterDined on 8/23/2014The Trout, Halibut and wine recomendations were great. Also like the personal attention.Special Features:
- MickeyDined on 8/21/2014As always, the food and the service were excellent. No matter how busy the restaurant is everyone, from the owner to the manager to all of the servers, take time to make everyone feel special. This is truly a gem of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans in AtlantaktazzDined on 8/15/2014Awesome. The owner ended up discussing the menu with us. If you like New Orleans style food, quality is great and price is reasonable. Service excellent. Recommendations great.Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceSkogDined on 8/9/2014Very nice restaurant to meet friends. Low noise level for good conversation. Very warm setting. Good food with a nice attached bar with good entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesspoonfedDined on 8/9/2014We had last lived in Atlanta in the 70's. My husband had been to McKinnon's Louisiane with a business group and we had dined there as a couple. Our daughter and son-in-law had lucked in on "Casablanca" night and had had a lovely, yummy evening. On our 56th anniversary, my husband and I knew McKinnon"s would be perfect. We could have been eating in New Orleans with the gumbo. Sorry, don't remember the type of white wine we ordered, but it was a house wine, well chilled and added to our meal. We were pleasantly full, but had to end the evening with two spoons dipping into creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atlanta Icon Still ShinesNativeATL1960Dined on 8/3/2014It's a true test of a restaurant to show up on a quiet Sunday evening and have one of the best meals you have ever had in Atlanta. You would expect the B team after a busy weekend but not the case here. The service was impeccable and the food was prepared perfectly. We had Grouper, Trout and Soft Shell Crabs as entrees. Each had its own unique sauce which we found ourselves using the bread to be sure we did not leave a trace behind. The Calamari and crab claws we had for an appetizer were delicious. A perfectly prepared Creme Brulee was a great finish. Very reasonably priced for the quality, service and atmosphere. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- LoriTDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the entire experience of this restaurant. Service was great and food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Hadn't been to McKinnon's in years. Should have. Service was great. The owner and his staff always seem to be there when you want something, but not when you don't. Room is warm and comforable. Food was outstanding, probably best selection of fresh seafood around, and impeccably prepared. This is a great placeSpecial Features:
- food was okay. great servicefoodiesVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was good but not mouth watering good. There wasn't any of the comfort foods I was looking for on the menu. The wine was good but overall the service was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping qualityGlasshunterDined on 7/26/2014This visit was "off" a little. Several in our party had good meals, but not the great meals we've experienced before. My étouffée was too sweet and lacking in the rich and complex flavors usually found in a good sauce. Since this is one of their specialties, I was left wondering what happened. The owner was around, so it's not due to lack of attention. Our server was too scarce, especially this early in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nawlins2atlDined on 7/25/2014The food was great and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VMVAtlantaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed the oysters and fried shrimp. McKinnon's excels at friendly, helpful, attentive service.Special Features:
- Great FindnewtoatlDined on 7/25/2014I'm new to Atlanta and was looking for some really good crawfish dishes (believe it or not), and I was pleased. The Etouffee was very good as were the red beans and rice. Just the right amount of spice for me. The waitstaff was very attentive but not intrusive. Nice size wine selection without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Will not returnAaronDined on 7/23/2014I went here on a date with someone I had not seen in 8+ years. Our waiter only came to our table twice; the first time was to take our orders. We had to ask another server for help, drink menu, and dessert menu. Our server never offered us any of these. He was MIA forthe evening, so anytime we needed anything we were basically just sitting there waiting for him to reappear. He had the BBQ Shrimp; I had the crab cakes. The Shrimp were ok, and the crab cakes... I expected better. I felt like this was more of an "upscale restaurant", but I have had way better crab cakes. (That lousiana restaurant in Atlantic Station :) ) I also had a scout mob deal, that he verified on my phone but did not apply, glad I double checked the bill.
- albyninwVIPDined on 7/16/2014The service sucked. The wine list was horrible. We left.
- PhilDined on 7/14/2014The atmosphere was a little dated. It was nice and quiet for a romantic dinner. Food was very good. Service very acceptable I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RS1111VIPDined on 7/12/2014We waiting an annoyingly long time after being seated to have a waiter come by and give us a menu and offer us drinks. They seemed very disorganized and finally the owner became our waiter. The place has been around a long time but instead of feeling classic, it felt run down and long overdue for a rehab. Was ready to walk out after he got our drinks, but we decided to stay. Food was OK. But a very disappointing dining experience. With all the places to try in Atlanta, I was very sorry we tried this one.
- A trip down memory-laneAnonymousVIPDined on 7/11/2014I had forgotten why McKinnon's Lousiannne remains such a fixture in Atlanta. The hosts/owners were very welcoming, and the server couldn't have been better; he was everyone's "best friend" for sure. The food was very good; Cajun with a kick! The bar's completely separate from the dining room, but we chose to stay in the bar. We sat amongst a seemingly local group of men and women who appeared to have been returning patrons for years. They sang and danced to their little hearts desired, and it was a treat to observe them being in their "happy" place.Special Features:
- Great DiningBuddyDined on 7/9/2014Always a pleasure to dine at McKinnons. Every visit is a special occasion. The staff is the "right stuff" and is the measure by which all others should be judged. Out host, Aziz, is beyond reproach when it comes to accommodating those who come to dine. A great romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimerKingsMomDined on 6/28/2014I made a reservation for my birthday dinner for 10 people. When I arrived, the hostess was confused about the reservation that I made via Open Table. Once we were finally seated, the server was accommodating by adding 2 additional seats. The food was tasty and if I go again I will make sure to try other dishes. One thing to note is that they do not separate checks. We had to total our own tabs from the one check that was provided and indicate to the server how to split the payments which is something I thought the server should have done. Overall, the service was okay.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014McKinnon's is always very consistent and serves great food and drinks in a warm, casual atmosphere. The menu is quit varied and very reasonable. Wine selection is limited but solid. The owner and staff make you feel at home and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much better than we thought...NeshaDined on 6/22/2014We love seafood so decided to take our 16 year old here to celebrate her birthday. She LOVED it!! The service was impeccable and the food as well. The Manager was also very attentive to our needs & even had a great sense of humor!! The crab claw picante appetizer is a MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Enjoyable EveningJoeRozDined on 6/21/2014If you have never visited McKinnon's Louisiane you owe it to yourself to experience this classic Atlanta restaurant. I have never ordered anything but seafood and have never been disappointed. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. They sincerely make you feel welcome. The owner is likely to stop by to see how you are doing during and after your meal. If you enjoy seeing the old and young having a good time singing, visit the bar after dinner.Special Features:
- The following 447 reviews are from the McKinnon's Louisiane reviews archive.
- Delicious!WeLoveFoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been here many times. We took a couple of friends this time and they loved it as much as we do! This romantic restaurant is in a small strip center, very unexpected, and has been here a long time and has a regular crowd. The live karaoke, in the bar is fun to watch. The service, food and drinks are great! We have never been disappointed! The Grouper Louisiane it a must try!Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner or CelebrationAAMUDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant can handle your celebration. It do not matter it is a romantic couple celebration or a large group celebration, you will not be disappointed. The food is fabulous and the bread pudding is absolutely worth trying...you will not regret it!!! We can not wait for another reason to go back.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014The seafood gumbo is AMAZING! I will be back for more and more and more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the radarVegasTweekaVIPDined on 6/15/2014This place is very old school Atlanta which I find charming. The service was much better this time than when I went in February. Waiters were attentive but not obtrusive and it seems they have now been trained about when to take plates and which side to serve/clear. Ebbi, the Manager, was interested in making our meal special and he makes an awesome Manhattan. Stick to the fish entrees as they seem to be a bit more flavorful than the scollops with pasta and the crab, shrimp & eggplant casserole. Highly recommend the crawfish appetizer and the calamari was tasty considering I don't like it. Bread pudding was delish and the wine list is reasonable. I hate to let the secret out of the bag about this place, but I want them to do well.Special Features:
- Creole done rightsclarkeDined on 6/14/2014Flavorful and well prepared. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 42 years of great food and serviceBillMDined on 6/13/2014Since moving out of the Metro area, 20 years ago, we do not get to the "Big City" very often. When we do make the 45 mile trip, McKinnon's is usually the reason. The kind folks McKinnon's have given us 42 years of exemplary service and great food. Aziz always finds a way to spend time with each customer. Thanks, to Aziz and the gang, for maintaining the high standards set by Mr. Billy.Special Features: