3209 Maple Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mckinnons.com/
- Phone: 4042371313
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms available and would be pleased to accommodate your company or private function.
We have several sample menus from which to choose, or we can customize your own menu from our traditional menu.
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday night, we offer open mic!
A word from McKinnon's Louisiane
Since 1972, McKinnon's Louisiane has served marvelous Louisiana seafood dishes reflecting the delicate and refined cooking of New Orleans, as well as the pungent, highly seasoned dishes of the Cajun Bayou. McKinnon's Creole and Cajun specialties have made this restaurant a local favorite, earning it a national reputation. McKinnon's dining room is elegant, intimate, and warmly inviting; the Grill Room offers a more casual dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
McKinnon's Louisiane - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
McKinnon's Louisiane reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (43)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (14)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- New Orleans in AtlantaktazzDined on 8/15/2014Awesome. The owner ended up discussing the menu with us. If you like New Orleans style food, quality is great and price is reasonable. Service excellent. Recommendations great.Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceSkogDined on 8/9/2014Very nice restaurant to meet friends. Low noise level for good conversation. Very warm setting. Good food with a nice attached bar with good entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atlanta Icon Still ShinesNativeATL1960Dined on 8/3/2014It's a true test of a restaurant to show up on a quiet Sunday evening and have one of the best meals you have ever had in Atlanta. You would expect the B team after a busy weekend but not the case here. The service was impeccable and the food was prepared perfectly. We had Grouper, Trout and Soft Shell Crabs as entrees. Each had its own unique sauce which we found ourselves using the bread to be sure we did not leave a trace behind. The Calamari and crab claws we had for an appetizer were delicious. A perfectly prepared Creme Brulee was a great finish. Very reasonably priced for the quality, service and atmosphere. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- LoriTDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the entire experience of this restaurant. Service was great and food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Hadn't been to McKinnon's in years. Should have. Service was great. The owner and his staff always seem to be there when you want something, but not when you don't. Room is warm and comforable. Food was outstanding, probably best selection of fresh seafood around, and impeccably prepared. This is a great placeSpecial Features:
- food was okay. great servicefoodiesVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was good but not mouth watering good. There wasn't any of the comfort foods I was looking for on the menu. The wine was good but overall the service was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping qualityGlasshunterDined on 7/26/2014This visit was "off" a little. Several in our party had good meals, but not the great meals we've experienced before. My étouffée was too sweet and lacking in the rich and complex flavors usually found in a good sauce. Since this is one of their specialties, I was left wondering what happened. The owner was around, so it's not due to lack of attention. Our server was too scarce, especially this early in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nawlins2atlDined on 7/25/2014The food was great and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VMVAtlantaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed the oysters and fried shrimp. McKinnon's excels at friendly, helpful, attentive service.Special Features:
- Great FindnewtoatlDined on 7/25/2014I'm new to Atlanta and was looking for some really good crawfish dishes (believe it or not), and I was pleased. The Etouffee was very good as were the red beans and rice. Just the right amount of spice for me. The waitstaff was very attentive but not intrusive. Nice size wine selection without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Will not returnAaronDined on 7/23/2014I went here on a date with someone I had not seen in 8+ years. Our waiter only came to our table twice; the first time was to take our orders. We had to ask another server for help, drink menu, and dessert menu. Our server never offered us any of these. He was MIA forthe evening, so anytime we needed anything we were basically just sitting there waiting for him to reappear. He had the BBQ Shrimp; I had the crab cakes. The Shrimp were ok, and the crab cakes... I expected better. I felt like this was more of an "upscale restaurant", but I have had way better crab cakes. (That lousiana restaurant in Atlantic Station :) ) I also had a scout mob deal, that he verified on my phone but did not apply, glad I double checked the bill.
- albyninwVIPDined on 7/16/2014The service sucked. The wine list was horrible. We left.
- PhilDined on 7/14/2014The atmosphere was a little dated. It was nice and quiet for a romantic dinner. Food was very good. Service very acceptable I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RS1111VIPDined on 7/12/2014We waiting an annoyingly long time after being seated to have a waiter come by and give us a menu and offer us drinks. They seemed very disorganized and finally the owner became our waiter. The place has been around a long time but instead of feeling classic, it felt run down and long overdue for a rehab. Was ready to walk out after he got our drinks, but we decided to stay. Food was OK. But a very disappointing dining experience. With all the places to try in Atlanta, I was very sorry we tried this one.
- A trip down memory-laneAnonymousVIPDined on 7/11/2014I had forgotten why McKinnon's Lousiannne remains such a fixture in Atlanta. The hosts/owners were very welcoming, and the server couldn't have been better; he was everyone's "best friend" for sure. The food was very good; Cajun with a kick! The bar's completely separate from the dining room, but we chose to stay in the bar. We sat amongst a seemingly local group of men and women who appeared to have been returning patrons for years. They sang and danced to their little hearts desired, and it was a treat to observe them being in their "happy" place.Special Features:
- Great DiningBuddyDined on 7/9/2014Always a pleasure to dine at McKinnons. Every visit is a special occasion. The staff is the "right stuff" and is the measure by which all others should be judged. Out host, Aziz, is beyond reproach when it comes to accommodating those who come to dine. A great romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimerKingsMomDined on 6/28/2014I made a reservation for my birthday dinner for 10 people. When I arrived, the hostess was confused about the reservation that I made via Open Table. Once we were finally seated, the server was accommodating by adding 2 additional seats. The food was tasty and if I go again I will make sure to try other dishes. One thing to note is that they do not separate checks. We had to total our own tabs from the one check that was provided and indicate to the server how to split the payments which is something I thought the server should have done. Overall, the service was okay.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014McKinnon's is always very consistent and serves great food and drinks in a warm, casual atmosphere. The menu is quit varied and very reasonable. Wine selection is limited but solid. The owner and staff make you feel at home and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much better than we thought...NeshaDined on 6/22/2014We love seafood so decided to take our 16 year old here to celebrate her birthday. She LOVED it!! The service was impeccable and the food as well. The Manager was also very attentive to our needs & even had a great sense of humor!! The crab claw picante appetizer is a MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Enjoyable EveningJoeRozDined on 6/21/2014If you have never visited McKinnon's Louisiane you owe it to yourself to experience this classic Atlanta restaurant. I have never ordered anything but seafood and have never been disappointed. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. They sincerely make you feel welcome. The owner is likely to stop by to see how you are doing during and after your meal. If you enjoy seeing the old and young having a good time singing, visit the bar after dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious!WeLoveFoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been here many times. We took a couple of friends this time and they loved it as much as we do! This romantic restaurant is in a small strip center, very unexpected, and has been here a long time and has a regular crowd. The live karaoke, in the bar is fun to watch. The service, food and drinks are great! We have never been disappointed! The Grouper Louisiane it a must try!Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner or CelebrationAAMUDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant can handle your celebration. It do not matter it is a romantic couple celebration or a large group celebration, you will not be disappointed. The food is fabulous and the bread pudding is absolutely worth trying...you will not regret it!!! We can not wait for another reason to go back.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014The seafood gumbo is AMAZING! I will be back for more and more and more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the radarVegasTweekaVIPDined on 6/15/2014This place is very old school Atlanta which I find charming. The service was much better this time than when I went in February. Waiters were attentive but not obtrusive and it seems they have now been trained about when to take plates and which side to serve/clear. Ebbi, the Manager, was interested in making our meal special and he makes an awesome Manhattan. Stick to the fish entrees as they seem to be a bit more flavorful than the scollops with pasta and the crab, shrimp & eggplant casserole. Highly recommend the crawfish appetizer and the calamari was tasty considering I don't like it. Bread pudding was delish and the wine list is reasonable. I hate to let the secret out of the bag about this place, but I want them to do well.Special Features:
- Creole done rightsclarkeDined on 6/14/2014Flavorful and well prepared. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 42 years of great food and serviceBillMDined on 6/13/2014Since moving out of the Metro area, 20 years ago, we do not get to the "Big City" very often. When we do make the 45 mile trip, McKinnon's is usually the reason. The kind folks McKinnon's have given us 42 years of exemplary service and great food. Aziz always finds a way to spend time with each customer. Thanks, to Aziz and the gang, for maintaining the high standards set by Mr. Billy.Special Features:
- Amazing ... AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014This is the second time we have been here in 3 years and I think this time was ever better than the last!!!! Such amazing food and service! With a family from Cajun country I can promise you this restaurant embodies everything that is Louisiana! Such a romantic atmosphere... I cannot wait to go back to Atlanta to eat here!Special Features:
- Who needs New OrleansCosmoDined on 5/19/2014I used to visit McKinnon's regularly a while back. But the place and I lost touch. Recently I revisited and now I cannot get enough. The service is top drawer, prompt and friendly. The food is delicious. Each selection has been delightful, full of excellent flavor and cooked just right. Please join me there any night. You will not regret it.Special Features:
- an old favorite revisitedfeederDined on 5/17/2014Beginning with parking, McKinnon's is easy to reach, being just off Peachtree but on a quiet street, easy to enter, and easy to like. The food and ambience are relaxed and undemanding. We had oysters Rockefeller, fried shrimp and a crawfish etouffe. The oysters were fine but not outstanding. The entrees were well prepared from recipes that clearly were familiar to the kitchen and our fellow diners, but solid at best, not outstanding. The room was quiet but not tomblike, just civilized and happy to be out on a Saturday night with the spouse, the family, the best friends who enjoyed seafood in a cozy setting. Service was careful and courteous and professional, unintrusive and solicitious without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Not Have Been BetterJohnLikes2DineDined on 5/16/2014This was my first time at McKinnon's Louisiane. My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and we enjoy trying new restaurants. I picked McKinnon's Louisiane, based on the reviews on OpenTable, and I am so glad we did. The manager and staff were outstanding, the food was FANTASTIC, and everyone went out of their way to make sure that we had an enjoyable experience. We will definitely go back, and would highly recommend McKinnon's Louisiane, for when you want a quiet evening with great food, or for a special event with you best friends. Thanks to everyone there for helping to make our anniversary so special and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad decor / great foodDiningWithGregDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good. The service was prompt and friendly. Only bad thing about the place was the decor. Very gloomy and outdated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeBargirlVIPDined on 5/11/2014I finally got a chance to check this place out when I took my mother here for Mother's Day. The service was nice but he was definitely more of an order taker especially when he approached the table stating "What can I get for you?" I had to dig just to find out the different bourbons they had and had to settle for Maker's Mark because it's the only one he knew. Wanted Oysters Rockefeller but obviously the table across from us had ordered the last five because they were out, so we got the crab claws which were good but not the best. However, the amberjack with hot peppered shrimp was delicious and full of flavor. Overall, I would give this restaurant another try but I'm not in a rush to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Fine Creole DiningNOLA30038Dined on 5/11/2014McKinnon's offers the most authentic Creole dining in the Atlanta area. As transplants from New Orleans with discriminating tastes, we were fully satisfied with every selection! The rich, dark gumbo was an excellent starter and fittingly prepared for this level of dining. The Oysters Rockefeller, Oysters Elizabeth, and Popcorn Crawfish were a hit! The kids opted for the gumbo as their entree. The Grouper Yvonne and the Trout Ponchartrain - which included the best tasting softshell crab I've had in a very long time - were thoroughly impressive! We all shared tastes from the plate of Crawfish Etouffee. Rounding out the setting were a bottle of Firestone Reisling, bread pudding, creme brulee, and key lime pie. Great night of dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expectedNotgoodDined on 5/10/2014the food was not authentic. I'm a New Orleans native and a chef so I know
- Unexpected and delicious dinner!!!!RedeyegravyDined on 5/3/2014Top notch service and the dinner was delicious! Don't miss the desserts either-they were great. I especially like the fact that they told me in halibut because they don't serve things that aren't in season and they won't serve frozen fish. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreggDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary last night and had a great evening. The service and owner were very personnableSpecial Features:
- great evening wonderful foodlexingtongirl1Dined on 4/26/2014I love this restaurant.....The food was superb.....It is quiet enough so you can hear...My 36 yr old daughter.....and friend...also loved it.....I used to live in Atlanta...It has always been a great place to eat...We were celebrating my birthday....I hope to go there again on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VMVAtlantaVIPDined on 4/24/2014This is a comfortable spot for a bit of New Orleans outside of NOLA. The food is satisfying, the prices reasonable and the service good. I particularly enjoy the Fried Shrimp.Special Features:
- The following 429 reviews are from the McKinnon's Louisiane reviews archive.
- Once upon a timeDrMikeDined on 4/20/2014This Restaurant has seen its' prime. Old, outdated decor. The appetizers were good, had the Oysters Elizabeth and fried green tomatoes. Both good. Had the crab soup, fair at best. Both entrees were frozen fish and very tough for fish. Would not go back even though I used a $20.00 dollar off Scoutmob offer. I would rather pay full price for fresh good tasting food. Maybe with a makeover and a menu that offers fresh seafood this place will survive. Maybe Robert Irvine with Restaurant Impossible is an option for McKinnons.
- Meal was just okSuperdadDined on 4/18/2014I went to this restaurant with high expectations from the reviews and my wife being from New Orleans was looking for some authentic food. With that said the food here was good but not great I had the grouper which was bland and a tad overcooked. My wife ate the catfish which dhe said was good but was missing the zeal of an original Louisiana dish. We were both a bit disappointed but we would give them another shot and eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.