3209 Maple Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mckinnons.com/
- Phone: (404) 237-1313
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms available and would be pleased to accommodate your company or private function.
We have several sample menus from which to choose, or we can customize your own menu from our traditional menu.
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday night, we offer open mic!
A word from McKinnon's Louisiane
Since 1972, McKinnon's Louisiane has served marvelous Louisiana seafood dishes reflecting the delicate and refined cooking of New Orleans, as well as the pungent, highly seasoned dishes of the Cajun Bayou. McKinnon's Creole and Cajun specialties have made this restaurant a local favorite, earning it a national reputation. McKinnon's dining room is elegant, intimate, and warmly inviting; the Grill Room offers a more casual dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McKinnon's Louisiane reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (31)special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always a favorite!ATLFoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food is absolutely delicious. The service is always impeccable. We came on a Saturday evening this time and they had an open mic night in the piano bar which was a lot of fun. The owners are an absolute gem and the nicest people you will meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Piece of Louisianafoodie1106Dined on 11/6/2014Great atmosphere and superb food. Being a Louisiana native, both Cajun and Creole influences remind me of home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceBH12Dined on 11/4/2014Both the food and service are always exceptional. The Louisiane cuisine has a lot of flavor without being overpowering. Mckinnon's is a great atmosphere for business dinners and Aziz makes every guest feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We found McKinnon's Louisiane online and decided to give it a try after reviewing the menu. The Oysters Rockefeller were amazing. I had the Grouper Lousiane and my wife had the Trout Pontchartrain...both were outstanding. The service was absolutely second to none. We were hesitant at first when pulled up but please do not let that deter you. It was a wonderful dining experiencing.Special Features:
- Incredible!Sharby12Dined on 10/27/2014There's a reason this restaurant has been around since 1972! The food is absolutely amazing (presentation included), and the service is impeccable. I love the owner and his humility, sense of humor, and passion for what he does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McKinnon's LouisianeReubenDined on 10/27/2014This is probably my favorite Atlanta restaurant which is why I chose it again for my wife's birthday and our 35th wedding anniversary this year. You can not find better restaurant for personalized service or quality of food anywhere else. Aziz makes you feel very special and offers a menu with a great selection of the foods we love. If you want an evening without a glitch, this is the place.Special Features:
- one of Atlanta's prized gemsiluvatlantaDined on 10/25/2014The ambiance, cuisine and service are second to none when it comes to Atlanta's fine dining scene. Aziz is a perfect gentleman with a staff whose service commitment matches that of Disney or the Ritz Carlton. There is no way you can make just one visit. You'll return again and again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cll2680Dined on 10/25/2014Went to restaurant ,had a certificate from Double Takes. McKinnon would not accept it unless it was printed. So I had to pay for meal until I made the copy. Took certificate and refunded what I paid. Tried to charge 7.00 as mgr said fee for using the certificate. Of course I declined paying the fee.
- It's okBanker48VIPDined on 10/23/2014Let me start out by saying this place has its ups and downs. The food was good. You get large portions. The price was not bad. The drinks we order was good. It is very quiet here. The night we went there were s lot of old folk. I read in a previous review that that was what they saw also. The customer service is not that great. It look as if they only had two wait staff there and they were very slow. Our waiter double as the bartender so bring your patience. It was very cold on the place. After about a hour they turn in the heat. All in all I guess it is what you make of it. I probably will not go back.
- gazpachoDined on 10/23/2014Good food but not outstanding Service was very good , prices a bit high but still affordableSpecial Features:
- Sentimental favoritehonestreviewerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Been going for 20 yrs...still delivers a romantic night with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 10/17/2014from soup to nuts just excellent food and so charming to see the little oldies in the bar having a blast! we loved having a drink and watching them perform!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/15/2014This is a classic place. Easy parking right at the door, no valet, and a sincere welcome when you walk in. There is a large menu dominated by fish and seafood. I've tried almost everything and always love what I get. The service is second to none. You will enjoy your dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/13/2014We had a fabulous evening at this restaurant. The owner was absolutely gracious and made outstanding recommendations including an out-of-this-world appetizer sampler. We are not from the area, so the menu was exciting to us. Food was delicious! Highly recommend anything with a sauce - they were wonderful. It was an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !!ConfusedDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner and excellent service upon dining at McKinnon's.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!chuckarenDined on 9/26/2014Very enjoyable evening with friends! Excellent service with attentive (but not intrusive) staff. Even the manager came by with suggestions for the table - then checking to make sure all was well. All was better than well! Only one complaint that one dish was slightly overcooked - but the other 5 dishes were phenomenal. Definitely a must try in Buckhead!Special Features:
- Great seafood at a good priceDine30319Dined on 9/12/2014Four of us had a very nice evening. The restaurant seems to have found a good formula for keeping regulars happy and attracting younger diners. Our fish was nicely cooked and we had excellent service from the owner. I also enjoyed the low volume which made for a nice evening of conversation and drinks. At its price points, some of the best fish in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingbt2014Dined on 9/12/2014I have been looking forward to trying this restaurant for a few years now. I have heard good things but was quite disappointed with my meal, as was my entire group. I was with a group of five and everyones food was quite bland. While dining at a Louisiana style restaurant you expect a lot of flavor and spice. our meals had neither. My fish was burned on the bottom. The green beans and potatoes that came with our meals were bland. The portions were small and lacked in presentation. The crawfish and calamari was fairly good but way over priced for what you receive. I would expect way more for such a high price point.
- Seafood sillyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014What a memorable dining experience! The best seafood I have ever had and that is my main diet! Fresh, deliciously prepared with perfect seasoning and sauces to compliment each fish. And the oysters and cream brûlée were outstanding. The dining environment was comfortable, quiet and romantic. None of this screaming at your table mate to hear. The service was excellent. I drink a lot of water and my glass was always full with lots of ice! Crazy, but one way I critique a restaurant. Aziz and his wife were gracious hosts, checking on our meal frequently and assisting in our ordering. I chose Mckinnon's to celebrate my husband's birthday and I made the perfect choice. We truly celebrated great food, wine, and service.Special Features:
- MagnoliaDined on 8/31/2014Superb. My favorite restaurant. Delicious food. Healthy. Perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAnonymous666Dined on 8/29/2014Great neighborhood restaurant....... Locals, all over 70, always keep the bar full with live entertainmentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night dinnerChelsealunchDined on 8/25/2014In Atlanta buying a car. Dealer recommended this place when we asked for seafood. I ordered the bouliabase (?), my wife Halibut. We shared climatic as an apetizer. The calamari is memorable, most with a slight hint of Indian spice. The main dishes were also quite. The meal was reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recomendations were greatbigeaterDined on 8/23/2014The Trout, Halibut and wine recomendations were great. Also like the personal attention.Special Features:
- MickeyDined on 8/21/2014As always, the food and the service were excellent. No matter how busy the restaurant is everyone, from the owner to the manager to all of the servers, take time to make everyone feel special. This is truly a gem of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans in AtlantaktazzDined on 8/15/2014Awesome. The owner ended up discussing the menu with us. If you like New Orleans style food, quality is great and price is reasonable. Service excellent. Recommendations great.Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceSkogDined on 8/9/2014Very nice restaurant to meet friends. Low noise level for good conversation. Very warm setting. Good food with a nice attached bar with good entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesspoonfedDined on 8/9/2014We had last lived in Atlanta in the 70's. My husband had been to McKinnon's Louisiane with a business group and we had dined there as a couple. Our daughter and son-in-law had lucked in on "Casablanca" night and had had a lovely, yummy evening. On our 56th anniversary, my husband and I knew McKinnon"s would be perfect. We could have been eating in New Orleans with the gumbo. Sorry, don't remember the type of white wine we ordered, but it was a house wine, well chilled and added to our meal. We were pleasantly full, but had to end the evening with two spoons dipping into creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atlanta Icon Still ShinesNativeATL1960Dined on 8/3/2014It's a true test of a restaurant to show up on a quiet Sunday evening and have one of the best meals you have ever had in Atlanta. You would expect the B team after a busy weekend but not the case here. The service was impeccable and the food was prepared perfectly. We had Grouper, Trout and Soft Shell Crabs as entrees. Each had its own unique sauce which we found ourselves using the bread to be sure we did not leave a trace behind. The Calamari and crab claws we had for an appetizer were delicious. A perfectly prepared Creme Brulee was a great finish. Very reasonably priced for the quality, service and atmosphere. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- LoriTDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the entire experience of this restaurant. Service was great and food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Hadn't been to McKinnon's in years. Should have. Service was great. The owner and his staff always seem to be there when you want something, but not when you don't. Room is warm and comforable. Food was outstanding, probably best selection of fresh seafood around, and impeccably prepared. This is a great placeSpecial Features:
- food was okay. great servicefoodiesVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was good but not mouth watering good. There wasn't any of the comfort foods I was looking for on the menu. The wine was good but overall the service was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 461 reviews are from the McKinnon's Louisiane reviews archive.
- Slipping qualityGlasshunterDined on 7/26/2014This visit was "off" a little. Several in our party had good meals, but not the great meals we've experienced before. My étouffée was too sweet and lacking in the rich and complex flavors usually found in a good sauce. Since this is one of their specialties, I was left wondering what happened. The owner was around, so it's not due to lack of attention. Our server was too scarce, especially this early in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nawlins2atlDined on 7/25/2014The food was great and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VMVAtlantaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed the oysters and fried shrimp. McKinnon's excels at friendly, helpful, attentive service.Special Features:
- Great FindnewtoatlDined on 7/25/2014I'm new to Atlanta and was looking for some really good crawfish dishes (believe it or not), and I was pleased. The Etouffee was very good as were the red beans and rice. Just the right amount of spice for me. The waitstaff was very attentive but not intrusive. Nice size wine selection without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Will not returnAaronDined on 7/23/2014I went here on a date with someone I had not seen in 8+ years. Our waiter only came to our table twice; the first time was to take our orders. We had to ask another server for help, drink menu, and dessert menu. Our server never offered us any of these. He was MIA forthe evening, so anytime we needed anything we were basically just sitting there waiting for him to reappear. He had the BBQ Shrimp; I had the crab cakes. The Shrimp were ok, and the crab cakes... I expected better. I felt like this was more of an "upscale restaurant", but I have had way better crab cakes. (That lousiana restaurant in Atlantic Station :) ) I also had a scout mob deal, that he verified on my phone but did not apply, glad I double checked the bill.
- albyninwVIPDined on 7/16/2014The service sucked. The wine list was horrible. We left.
- PhilDined on 7/14/2014The atmosphere was a little dated. It was nice and quiet for a romantic dinner. Food was very good. Service very acceptable I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RS1111VIPDined on 7/12/2014We waiting an annoyingly long time after being seated to have a waiter come by and give us a menu and offer us drinks. They seemed very disorganized and finally the owner became our waiter. The place has been around a long time but instead of feeling classic, it felt run down and long overdue for a rehab. Was ready to walk out after he got our drinks, but we decided to stay. Food was OK. But a very disappointing dining experience. With all the places to try in Atlanta, I was very sorry we tried this one.
- A trip down memory-laneAnonymousVIPDined on 7/11/2014I had forgotten why McKinnon's Lousiannne remains such a fixture in Atlanta. The hosts/owners were very welcoming, and the server couldn't have been better; he was everyone's "best friend" for sure. The food was very good; Cajun with a kick! The bar's completely separate from the dining room, but we chose to stay in the bar. We sat amongst a seemingly local group of men and women who appeared to have been returning patrons for years. They sang and danced to their little hearts desired, and it was a treat to observe them being in their "happy" place.Special Features: