601 W. McKinley Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mckinleysgrille.com/index.asp
- Phone: (909) 868-5915
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
11:00am - 2:00pm
5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: David C. Teig
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from McKinley's Grille
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McKinley's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DisappointingEBDinerDined on 5/17/2014The manager, Tim, was wonderful: personable and accomodated us regarding the chef's poor cooking on one of our orders; however, overall, we were disappointed. The steak ordered med-rare was absolutely raw! It can happen, but it was returned raw again after a second attempt. It looked as though it was not put back on the grill! A third attempt (with the mamager's assistance) finally resulted in a med-rare steak.....though after the rest of the party had finished most of their entrees. The manager was apologetic and comped the steak, but after that experience and the fact the prices are quite high it would be difficult to return. For example, braised beef shortribs were $26 and I only received 1(one!!) rib. Quite out of the ordinary for $26.Special Features:
- Hotel Restaurant RethinkPasadenaPamDined on 5/11/2014I don't think of going to a hotel's restaurant when I'm at home. But won a nights stay with dinner and breakfast at the Pomona FairPlex Sheraton. My Short Ribs needed a sauce to finish the dish. The potato and other veggies were very good. Passed on the al dente kale. My husband had the pork chop which he gave a 3 out of 5. Menu good but limited. Out of Lava Cake dessert.Special Features:
- All's Fair at the FairgroundsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014A restaurant housed in a hotel is not usually a choice I'd make for a birthday dinner, however, I was intrigued by the fact that this restaurant has a strong commitment to using produce grown on the surrounding fairground premises. Tasty and oh-so-crunchy; the wild rice and farm vegetable stir fry with cashews and hoisin is the dish that will keep me coming back. Dedication to local deliciousness carries through to dessert s, where Dr. Bob's ice cream makes an appearance. Portions sizes are enough to satisfy without overdoing it. So many things were done correctly. From the helpful and courteous parking lot attendants, to the knowledgeable wait staff, to the very visible and welcoming manager, all were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013the butternut soup was awesome! the prime rib was good not great, my husbands turket dinner was cold. It was expensive for what we got so probably wouldn't go back
- Christmas DinnerVegpeddlerDined on 12/24/2013Great service and meal for Christmas Dinner get together. To top it off we had several with us who have Dairy and Gluteen intolerances and the servers where very in tune and thoughtful of the situations. Great meal, will come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealThanksGivingDined on 11/28/2013My Husband n I Thoroughly enjoyed our Dining out Experience for Thanksgiving.. Although $26 per person was Steep ... Its one thing if its a buffet but Family style ( which was nice) an amount of food was no different than single plate serving for two... An they Added a service charge which we questioned abt an was told it was Gratuity for Waitress an servers...cooks etc...I assume trying to trick folks for Extra Gratuity. We had Late Dinner at 6pm... Very few folks coming in for dinner , we had a nice quiet dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Luke WarmEleanorDined on 11/28/2013We were there for Thanksgiving brunch which was served family style. Great idea I thought. I liked the ambience, Service was good but I also noticed a lot of servers standing around with not much to do. Unfortunately, the food was served at room temperature which is bad in my book. Everything was at room temperature, even the gravy. Also, I enjoy seasonings but a couple of the items were way over seasoned. The turkey not only was at room temp but the dark meat was very dry and looked as if it had been sitting out overnight. They also added a 20% tip to the bill for 3 people. My husband didn't notice and added another 20%, yikes. A shame, they need someone with restaurant experience to manage.
- Urban Farmorkka69Dined on 11/23/2013McKinley's organic farm vegetables definitely make a huge difference. And I mean really, a farm in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WWWWWOOOOOOWWWWW!! What aBeefBoyVIPDined on 10/16/2013WWWWWOOOOOOWWWWW!! What a difference, like night and day. Perfect service, great food. The little details were looked after. Guess I'll bring my service Dog more often!! My Dobie got us taken care of. I hope not out of fear!! LOL LOL Thanks againI would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 of us for lunch. ServiceBeefBoyVIPDined on 10/15/20136 of us for lunch. Service was better, although not 1st rate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow. 2 1/2BeefBoyVIPDined on 10/14/2013Service was very slow. 2 1/2 hours is insane for service with no refills on the drinks. They were busy, but it's no excuse for that length of time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food from the Farm is Fabulous!CherylPDined on 10/1/2013I was told to select a restaurant to have lunch with my new boss close to the office and chose this one because a) it was close and b) the website indicated they grew their own vegetables and served them. Though my only complaint would be that it "looks" like a hotel restaurant (because it IS one), the food was delicious and the experience was perfect. Service was very good and patient while we all arrived... my tea was always full.... but none of this compares to the food! In an era of heavy, fatty, cool food, the food here was healthy AND wonderful. The Farm Tomato appetizer is a must... so much flavor and certainly not delivered in a truck somewhere. Fish was perfectly cooked... it was a perfect lunch! (PS get the cheese bread!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2013The website still say that it still has the Champagne Sunday Brunch which is incorrect. The Brunch was supposed to include an omelet bar, champagne, crab legs, prime rib and etc. It used to be the best around. Now it has a buffet that had tater tots as breakfast potatoes, soggy eggs and greasy sausage and bacon.
- Sheraton Fairplex RestaurantLAFairattendeeDined on 8/30/2013Dinner -- A Relaxing atmosphere. Impressive menu choices--fits everyone's palette. Food is outstanding and the vegetables are fresh from selected gardens. I eat at the restaurant each year when the LA fair takes place and look forward to dinning at McKinley's Grille in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreGraceVIPDined on 6/15/2013For being a restaurant at the Sheraton, I expected it to be a little nicer. Especially, that it is on opentable for making reservations. Food and service was fine for what it was but I don't think this restaurant should be on opentable.
- While my heart was set on1DiningDivaDined on 4/20/2013While my heart was set on ordering the egg white dish and some other healthy side dishes, my party and I made a split decision to order from the buffet table. BIG MISTAKE. All the hot food items were cold and tasted like they have been there since the restaurant opened. I will give this restaurant another chance.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2013The food was wonderful with some new twists on farm vegetables. Very natural and organic ingredients. Portions were perfect size. A good variety of starters and small plates. We enjoyed that we were not rushed and each course presented in a timely manner. Some patrons were a little noisy and loud for such fine dining. A real gem in a Sheraton Hotel!Special Features:
- I loved that the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013I loved that the food was fresh farm growned. The service was great. We went on Valentines Day and it was quiet not too crowded or busy, which was perfect! The dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- My husband and I had the ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I had the Valentine special. The bass was excellent but my husband thought the beef was dry and he had to ask for au jus. We would try it again.Special Features:
- excellent for family dineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013excellent for family dine and for first time excellent service. Could be nice if you have valentines special events....recommendedSpecial Features: