McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30346Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mckendricks.com/
- Phone: 7705128888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Minchella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate 12 to 58 guests. Both semi-private & private rooms available. Pre-arranged banquet menus are available for parties of 15 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Conway 7705128888
- Special Events: Open on Father's Day, Sunday June, 16th. Serving from 11:00am until 9:00pm
A word from McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
One of the original great Steakhouses of North America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (71)notable wine list (70)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014McKendricks never disappoints. Best steaks and service in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Have not dined here for lunch in months. Invited out of town business guest for important conversation. Food was awful... It actually bothers me to say this as I have always thought of McKendrick's as my go to fail safe business lunch spot. Maybe it was just a bad day for the folks there... I will spend $50+ for lunch there again - but if anything like the food quality received on this visit - just dang...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food was very delicious. Brought my wife a piece of wonderfully tasty ice cream cake for her dessert. Only if the waiter had more personally and taken care of us for the $200 check. I would of given 5 stars. Figured the waiter was having a bad day even though it wasn't busy.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014Awesome place. Best steak and dessert I've had in years.Special Features:
- Great steakSorentoDined on 8/26/2014This place gets better every time. The strip steak is delicious as are the fried shrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteVIPDined on 8/26/2014Consistently the best restaurant in Atlanta for steaks and service, always depart happy !Special Features:
- Date NightShin1ichiDined on 8/23/2014it's hard to find time for a date night. Once the time is found, you want a nice restaurant, or rather, a great restaurant. This is it. Paul is the waiter of waiter's and was there when needed, an gave us room as required. Chef's bone-in ribeye is too good to pass up, just a fine cut of meat cooked perfectly! The haricot vert (French green beans) were wonderful and I never thought I would care for mac and cheese so much, but lobster mac and cheese........incredible! Pad your wallet before you go, but it is so worth it. Fine dining across all categories: business dinner, date nite,.....you pick, just make plans to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Celebrated a birthday with a small group. Everyone's entrees were delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceTboneDined on 8/21/2014Food and service were excellent. However the restaurant was loud which made it difficult to talk with gurests at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but priceyNoVALitig8orDined on 8/20/2014Went to McKendrick's on a referral from a friend, while on vacation. The food was fantastic, as was the service. Be forewarned, however: you get what you pay for, and it's not inexpensive.Special Features:
- DschaeggaDined on 8/19/2014Had a great business dinner and the service and food were exceptional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Everything was wonderful. Enjoyed very much, we would definately come back when visiting Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatluv2eatVIPDined on 8/17/2014McKendrick's is very expensive and really not much better then any other steakhouse.Special Features:
- Fantastic service!HappyDined on 8/16/2014Our server was knowledgeable and friendly and the food was excellent. After a hot day spent outdoors, I drank a great deal of water (with my wine) and I never saw the bottom of my glass. In my opinion, that is the best quality of an attentive waitstaff.Special Features:
- Not the quality we remembereddissappointedVIPDined on 8/16/2014Every one in our group of 4 thought that their steak was too salty. The risotto was OK. Overall, not what it used to be.
- DatewithMommaDined on 8/15/2014Disappointed with our last few visits to the fav steak place down the street, we went I search of something new. We found perfectly cooked steak and service was impeccable! Not a place for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just too expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014Went to this restaurant for a special occasion. The food is good not great and for what it costs it should be great. Our waiter poured our wine faster than we could drink it clearly wanting us to order more. Given that we have Bones and Chops in Atlanta with similar menus and price points with great food there is just no reason for us to return here.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingEnjoyingLifeDined on 8/14/2014I thoroughly enjoy eating at McKendrick's each and every time I go. The food is always well prepared and the recipes well thought out and time tested. I always look for reasons to get over there for lunch or dinner, simply outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsTonyDined on 8/13/2014Always a great meal and great service highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really MixedJerseyTomDined on 8/13/2014Very skimpy drinks and an incredibly loud venue at 8:00 PM mid-week. Flavorful steaks, well seasoned and cooked precisely as ordered. Good waiter and professional wait staff. Above average dessert menu, but overall a disappointing evening for $200 for two.
- BonesDined on 8/9/2014Everything was extraordinary! We had a dry aged bone in filet and it was wonderful and I had a fried lobster tail and filet which was exquisite! We will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMeesh67Dined on 8/9/2014You can always count on a good meal at McKendrick's. This has been our go to place for years. Great for family gatherings and special occasions as well as wonderful for a double date.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantCindyDined on 8/6/2014Great Restaurant with terrific food and selection of items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We have dined there several times and it's always greatSpecial Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerbklad1dDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful time at McKendrick's for our 27th anniversary. From the moment we checked in at the hostess station, the staff wished us a "Happy Anniversary!" The food was delicious and the service outstanding. This is definitely fine dining at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food even better attentionlperezmartinDined on 8/2/2014I ended up at MKendricks because one of my friends told me it was the best steakhouse in Atlanta. Indeed the steak was great but what really made the difference was the quality of the staff. Great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outeldogDined on 8/1/2014Food was good, had one drink that was just ok needed more alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in AtlantaRichoVIPDined on 7/30/2014McKendricks continues to outshine all the other steakhouses in Atlanta. Staff is outstanding and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Pricey, but worth it!Special Features:
- Great SteaksJJ67Dined on 7/28/2014Service was superb and steak was just about perfect. Took a chance on lima beans and they were outstanding. A little too loud for my taste but not crazy.Special Features:
- RomanticAngelDined on 7/26/2014The steaks were outstanding. The service was very good. This place was very upscale but the noise level was kind of loud. The wine list was outstanding. My wife and I had a great time at McKendricks.Special Features:
- Disappointed!!!ChichDined on 7/24/2014Really wanted a steak dinner last night with my 2 girls but couldn't get into Bones or Hal's. Decided on McKendricks! Atmosphere was pleasant. We had two servers(not sure why) and surprisingly service was horrible. We ordered 2 filets, shrimp & lump crab meat cocktail, 2 tomato salads (salads were good), mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms (good) with 1 glass of wine. Walked out spending $212.00! me, my 16 & 11 yr old girls. The steak was incredibly disappointing. Not over or under cooked, just lacked flavor! Had to ask for sauce to finish my steak. Absolutely nothing to rave about. Will always spend top dollar on a top dollar steak, but not a McKendricks. Next time I can't get into Hal's or Bones, I will opt for a cheeseburger! Sorry.
- Great food/some things could be btrslightfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food quality was excellent, except for the fact that their lobster bisque didn't have any actual lobster in it LOL (it was still tasty). The service was good but not excellent (Capital Grille service is better). The ambience/decor was okay but could also be better (like Capital Grille).I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food and Service were great. Steak cooked perfect. Very Expensive. Friday night at 8pm. We were one of 3-4 couples there. Recommend lowering price somewhat and/or including the sides with entree'. 4 members in our party, couple drinks each. Tab was over 400.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Food and service were excellent. Pricey, but go for the porterhouse and lobster mashed potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinner at McKendricksMPH920VIPDined on 7/15/2014We have always had great experiences but this was not one them. Everyone who had steaks complained about the amount of salt. I recommend that if you order steaks, ask them to hold the salt rub. They have incredible steaks, not sure why they would cover that up with the excessive salt. Waiter read off the list of specials like he was programmed. When asked questions, he was able to answer but we felt like he came to work with a chip on his shoulder amd we were taking the brunt of that anger. Made everyone at table uncomfortable. I had the 24ounce steak, ate about 6 ounces and was looking forward to taking it home for a steak and egg breakfast. The steak never made it back to table as they forgot and it was thrown away. DisappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyMikeSDined on 7/13/2014Shrimp cocktail - 3 shrimp for $15 nothing extraordinary about them Cold bread and cold butter ... Doesn't spread and tears up the bread Steak was very small but ok Salmon was over cooked and smushed Spinach had a massive glop of hard melted cheese that u had to cut with a knife Potatoes au gratin had another shell of hard melted cheese u had to cut with a knife Gordon Ramsey needs to stop by and have it out with the chef. $200 with tip ??? Not what I had been told about ... Best in town ... No.
- the food was excellent as always.karenDined on 7/12/2014we appreciated Paul Leonard's service and humor. He has served us a number of times and is always a delight. Unfortunately, I still find the restaurant rather noisy despite our dining in a side booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petrel800Dined on 7/3/2014Overall, there are better options for a steakhouse experience in Atlanta. Table service was rushed, courses were coming out on top of each other. Appetizers were poorly prepared, bisque was watery, oysters were poorly shucked with pieces of shells in every bite. Salad was decent, but our steaks were at the table before we could even have a chance to finish. Steaks were nicely prepared, sides were decent but nothing to write home about. Overall, you pay too much money for this much of a rushed experience.
- Wonderful!!!AbBaCDined on 6/28/2014We chose McK for dinner for three couples...us, old friends and new friends. It lived up to our expectations...Wonderful, as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McKendricks is always excellent!!!TboneDined on 6/28/2014McKendricks is such a treat. High quality food is delicious. Staff is wonderful and attentive. We will be back soon! N.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.