McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30346Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mckendricks.com/
- Phone: 7705128888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Minchella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate 12 to 58 guests. Both semi-private & private rooms available. Pre-arranged banquet menus are available for parties of 15 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Conway 7705128888
- Special Events: Open on Father's Day, Sunday June, 16th. Serving from 11:00am until 9:00pm
A word from McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
One of the original great Steakhouses of North America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)notable wine list (75)romantic (67)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (33)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Will certainly recommend! The food- impeccable & the environment was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!MeddyeBVIPDined on 9/26/2014After dining at McKendrick's for years, the superlative reviews are becoming routine. Best part of the meal was introducing friends to the restaurant for the first time -- they now know why I am a fan! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great steakColonelDined on 9/25/2014we are never disappointed with the quality of the food. the highlight this time was the mac and lobster. had at least 4 small whole (not chopped up) lobster claws. It was really well done.
- Absolutely delicious!KenkelDined on 9/20/2014I wanted to take my parents out to a local place for a good meal as they live out of state, and this place surpassed all expectations! The steaks were cooked to perfection, the sides were good, wine was good and so was desert! I know now why this place was ranked so high! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a really nice dinner out! Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceFoodLuvDined on 9/20/2014Upon arrival, the wait staff was very excited to greet me, due to it being my birthday. Wait staff made great suggestions and were very timely in servicing needs and wants. Wait staff made sure that unused items were removed quickly. Very rich slice of ice cream cake was a great finish. Steak was perfectly prepared and the wine was awesome.Special Features:
- Utterly reliableJSF22VIPDined on 9/19/2014You can be 100% certain that when you visit McKendrick's you will have excellent food and service. I've been going monthly for years -- it is my go-to place for business lunches and dinners -- and it never lets me down. It is nice to have a place that knows and likes what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMPOTVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was our first visit to McKendrick's. We were VERY pleasantly surprised. The service was attentive, but unobtrusive. The steak was cooked to perfection and extremely flavorful. We will be back! Beats Capitol Grill and Ruth's Chris hands down.Special Features:
- IncredibleDolphinSushiDined on 9/17/2014Shut up and listen...put down your damn menu and order the bone in filet mignon....nuff said.....Oh, and get Taco as your waiter for over the top service. This is my favorite steak place in Atlanta.Special Features:
- The best steakhouse in AtlantaAtlantaFoodieDined on 9/15/2014The food is fantastic and they can make any drink you want. The steak is fabulous, it is never overcooked. There is a great selection of side dishes and apps.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinneroriginalmissscarlettDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of 10 celebrating birthdays and we were very pleased with the service we received from Paul and his team. The food was outstanding and I think they have the best steaks in Atlanta. Ambience was great because they put us in a smaller room so we could talk with eah other. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Ambience SupremeIMfullDined on 9/13/2014There are very few occasions that truly qualify for the Perfect Award but our experience the evening of September 13th was certainly one that did. From the welcome, to the service, to the food, to the special desert, all was beyond approach. In addition, our server deserves recognition for his exceptional attention and service. Jeff engaged us in pleasant conversation and even asked if we were celebrating a special event, which we were. All things considered, McKendrick's Steakhouse provided us with an unforgettable experience. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014First time at mckendricks food was awesome and waiter was friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere was lively slot bough I'm a fan of a booth vs open table so s little ackward for me. Dress for the occasion as most are. Bar and drinks were a little scarce unless you line wine. I asked for a drink menu but besides wine they didn't have one and the waiter didn't let me know what they had so water it was. Overall great service and great food besides the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business or PleasureKevinVIPDined on 9/12/2014McKendrick's is one of my favorite business restaurants and makes for an excellent date night. In my opinion the finest steaks in Atlanta!Special Features:
- Solid all the way aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Quality steakhouse with nice simple menu. Service is professional but lacked a touch of personality. Not a big deal at all with the setting and type of restaurant. Great for business dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyVIPDined on 9/5/2014The steak and service are always great at this restaurant - we go there all the times for Birthday celebrations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJimrDined on 8/31/2014The food and service is excellent. I had steak and my wife had fish and both are excellent. The service was great they take great care of you but you don't feel rushed or hurried.Special Features:
- Never fails!dinetooDined on 8/30/2014Always a first class dining experience.......good as Bone's without driving into town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nikki6Dined on 8/28/2014McKendricks never disappoints. Best steaks and service in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Have not dined here for lunch in months. Invited out of town business guest for important conversation. Food was awful... It actually bothers me to say this as I have always thought of McKendrick's as my go to fail safe business lunch spot. Maybe it was just a bad day for the folks there... I will spend $50+ for lunch there again - but if anything like the food quality received on this visit - just dang...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBuddDined on 8/27/2014Food was very delicious. Brought my wife a piece of wonderfully tasty ice cream cake for her dessert. Only if the waiter had more personally and taken care of us for the $200 check. I would of given 5 stars. Figured the waiter was having a bad day even though it wasn't busy.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014Awesome place. Best steak and dessert I've had in years.Special Features:
- Great steakSorentoDined on 8/26/2014This place gets better every time. The strip steak is delicious as are the fried shrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteVIPDined on 8/26/2014Consistently the best restaurant in Atlanta for steaks and service, always depart happy !Special Features:
- Date NightShin1ichiDined on 8/23/2014it's hard to find time for a date night. Once the time is found, you want a nice restaurant, or rather, a great restaurant. This is it. Paul is the waiter of waiter's and was there when needed, an gave us room as required. Chef's bone-in ribeye is too good to pass up, just a fine cut of meat cooked perfectly! The haricot vert (French green beans) were wonderful and I never thought I would care for mac and cheese so much, but lobster mac and cheese........incredible! Pad your wallet before you go, but it is so worth it. Fine dining across all categories: business dinner, date nite,.....you pick, just make plans to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Celebrated a birthday with a small group. Everyone's entrees were delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceTboneDined on 8/21/2014Food and service were excellent. However the restaurant was loud which made it difficult to talk with gurests at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but priceyNoVALitig8orDined on 8/20/2014Went to McKendrick's on a referral from a friend, while on vacation. The food was fantastic, as was the service. Be forewarned, however: you get what you pay for, and it's not inexpensive.Special Features:
- DschaeggaDined on 8/19/2014Had a great business dinner and the service and food were exceptional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Everything was wonderful. Enjoyed very much, we would definately come back when visiting Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatluv2eatVIPDined on 8/17/2014McKendrick's is very expensive and really not much better then any other steakhouse.Special Features:
- Fantastic service!HappyDined on 8/16/2014Our server was knowledgeable and friendly and the food was excellent. After a hot day spent outdoors, I drank a great deal of water (with my wine) and I never saw the bottom of my glass. In my opinion, that is the best quality of an attentive waitstaff.Special Features:
- Not the quality we remembereddissappointedVIPDined on 8/16/2014Every one in our group of 4 thought that their steak was too salty. The risotto was OK. Overall, not what it used to be.
- DatewithMommaDined on 8/15/2014Disappointed with our last few visits to the fav steak place down the street, we went I search of something new. We found perfectly cooked steak and service was impeccable! Not a place for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just too expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014Went to this restaurant for a special occasion. The food is good not great and for what it costs it should be great. Our waiter poured our wine faster than we could drink it clearly wanting us to order more. Given that we have Bones and Chops in Atlanta with similar menus and price points with great food there is just no reason for us to return here.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingEnjoyingLifeDined on 8/14/2014I thoroughly enjoy eating at McKendrick's each and every time I go. The food is always well prepared and the recipes well thought out and time tested. I always look for reasons to get over there for lunch or dinner, simply outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsTonyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Always a great meal and great service highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really MixedJerseyTomDined on 8/13/2014Very skimpy drinks and an incredibly loud venue at 8:00 PM mid-week. Flavorful steaks, well seasoned and cooked precisely as ordered. Good waiter and professional wait staff. Above average dessert menu, but overall a disappointing evening for $200 for two.
- BonesDined on 8/9/2014Everything was extraordinary! We had a dry aged bone in filet and it was wonderful and I had a fried lobster tail and filet which was exquisite! We will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMeesh67Dined on 8/9/2014You can always count on a good meal at McKendrick's. This has been our go to place for years. Great for family gatherings and special occasions as well as wonderful for a double date.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantCindyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great Restaurant with terrific food and selection of items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.