McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30346Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mckendricks.com/
- Phone: 7705128888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Minchella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate 12 to 58 guests. Both semi-private & private rooms available. Pre-arranged banquet menus are available for parties of 15 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Conway 7705128888
- Special Events: Open on Father's Day, Sunday June, 16th. Serving from 11:00am until 9:00pm
A word from McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center
One of the original great Steakhouses of North America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
McKendrick's Steakhouse - Perimeter Center reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)notable wine list (81)fit for foodies (68)romantic (68)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (29)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014We generally choose McKendricks for special celebrations. With all the well rated steak places in town, we still find them to be the best. Steaks are always perfect. And that lobster mac'n cheese is so delicious! We brought our own special bottle of wine, and the waiter did not charge us a corkage fee. (Maybe because it was hubby's birthday?). Either way we were pleased with that. We enjoy very nice wine and have plenty of our own so we would rather bring ours. We don't mind a corkage fee but it's always nice if they don't have one, or if it's not ridiculous. The only thing I would say is that our waiter was very stoic. Maybe just his personality. He never smiled once. But he did provide good service so I guess that's what matters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewsAlanMVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is a basically a good, competent restaurant, but our most recent experience was hit and miss. Salads were great, but my wife had the Fried South African Lobster tails for $16.95 each and they was maybe 2 oz. of meat on each one. They looked ridiculously small. Unfortunately they were also very dry/overcooked. Wine by the glass pours were uneven. One was a full 6 oz. pour, the other was maybe 4 oz., but they filled up the smaller one when I showed them the difference. My salmon was delicious. Salted Carmel Gelato with Bacon sounded great, but we had to send it back. It was cloyingly sweet, too salty and didn't seem fresh. Just too many missteps for super premium prices being charged. Service was okay, but not warm & fuzzy.Special Features:
- Can't beat this local favoriteEmmaskyeVIPDined on 10/15/2014Mckendrick's never fails. It is the go-to business dinner spot in the Perimeter area. Perfectly prepared steaks and outstanding wines coupled with attentive, knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timers and happy about it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary and couldn't resist the chance to spend it at McKendrick's. Jeff our waiter was very attentive to our every needs. The food was exquisite and the portion size was very appropriate. Would definitely recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- completely overratedFooddiva31Dined on 10/11/2014For the price the food was mediocre and the food was not great. Waiter was not great and disappeared before you can get a word in.
- Wonderful Experience!lovetodineDined on 10/10/2014I chose McKendrick's for my husband's birthday celebration and they did not disappoint. The service was excellent, the food was outstanding and they handled my special request for a birthday surprise for my husband with graciousness. It was a memorable dining experience. Kudos to everyone from the service staff to the manager!Special Features:
- Excellent service and food.rAudiOneDined on 10/7/2014Have visited a number of steak houses in the last 6 months..the filet I had here was the best. Cooked just right, with an incredible flavor. All the sides were fresh and tasty. The 4 cheese mac-and-cheese..WOW! Service impeccable. Pricey, but the overall value was there.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMassachusettstravellerDined on 10/6/2014Waiter Michael was very friendly and knew a lot about the menu and specials. Did not lead us astray with his wine suggestionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneratlz3Dined on 10/6/2014The hubbie wanted to go here for dinner. Wait staff was wonderful, attentive enough without being distracting. Salmon was perfect, some of the freshest fish I have eaten in quite some time. Hubbies said his steak was perfect. Lobster mac to die for. Birthday dessert was heavenly, oreo crust two flavors gelato with snicker topping - yum! Only downside was this restaurant is on the loud side not really a place for romantic dinner could tell Monday night was the business man special!Special Features:
- Very good!althazyrDined on 10/6/2014Excellent service and food. The wine list was extensive, and the cut of filet was cooked to order. The sides and appetizers were well-rounded and tasty. Definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeHard2PleaseDined on 10/4/2014I have never had a bad meal or experience here. There side dishes are as mouth-watering as their steaks. And the steaks are the best in the city. Many times you wonder if you getting what you pay for. I would have to say "Yes". Special occasions or just treat some you care about. For a 5 star experience McKendrick's every time.Special Features:
- KimUDined on 10/4/2014The food was fantastic! Great old steakhouse feel. My only disappointment was the dessert a chocolate Carmel tart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but GoodieWallyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We haven't been to McKendrick's for years, no particular reason just moved on. Not sure why but thought about it for my husband's birthday and boy are we glad we did!! Great food, great waiter, great place all around just great. I had the Mero Sea Bass, melted in my mouth and my husband had the traditional steak, it was cooked perfectly. Then they brought out this great Birthday surprise cake for him that was to die for. This place is a must!!Special Features:
- Impeccable service and foodCandaceatlDined on 10/4/2014I love the dining experience here. The food and service is constantly above standard! A great place to meet friends at the bar and then stay for dinner!Special Features:
- excellent serviceSatmoDined on 10/3/2014The side items were good and the s]\Steak and Tuna cooked to perfection. I will return.Special Features:
- KbeatsDined on 10/2/2014Food was spot on. Service was not too much hands off certainly adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningSS01Dined on 9/30/2014Mid week: Excellent food [great veal chop] & service but tooooo noisy [mostly business diners]. Could not have a conversation: should request a "quiet" table [not sure they have a "calm" area].I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience alwayskeaton66VIPDined on 9/30/2014I have yet to have an even slightly negative experience at McKendrick's - great service, great food and great ambiance. This is a great business dinner location, but also great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect B-day Dinner!JoseDined on 9/27/2014Took the family and my two daughter's dates to celebrate the younger one's birthday. Jeff our waiter was outstanding, great service while staying quietly out of our way during conversation. Hats off to the bartender as well, my wife said the pomegranate Martini was the best she has had to date. As always, but it cant be left unsaid the steaks are the best in town, perfectly done! Great evening, Thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Will certainly recommend! The food- impeccable & the environment was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!MeddyeBVIPDined on 9/26/2014After dining at McKendrick's for years, the superlative reviews are becoming routine. Best part of the meal was introducing friends to the restaurant for the first time -- they now know why I am a fan! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great steakColonelDined on 9/25/2014we are never disappointed with the quality of the food. the highlight this time was the mac and lobster. had at least 4 small whole (not chopped up) lobster claws. It was really well done.
- Absolutely delicious!KenkelDined on 9/20/2014I wanted to take my parents out to a local place for a good meal as they live out of state, and this place surpassed all expectations! The steaks were cooked to perfection, the sides were good, wine was good and so was desert! I know now why this place was ranked so high! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a really nice dinner out! Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceFoodLuvDined on 9/20/2014Upon arrival, the wait staff was very excited to greet me, due to it being my birthday. Wait staff made great suggestions and were very timely in servicing needs and wants. Wait staff made sure that unused items were removed quickly. Very rich slice of ice cream cake was a great finish. Steak was perfectly prepared and the wine was awesome.Special Features:
- Utterly reliableJSF22VIPDined on 9/19/2014You can be 100% certain that when you visit McKendrick's you will have excellent food and service. I've been going monthly for years -- it is my go-to place for business lunches and dinners -- and it never lets me down. It is nice to have a place that knows and likes what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMPOTVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was our first visit to McKendrick's. We were VERY pleasantly surprised. The service was attentive, but unobtrusive. The steak was cooked to perfection and extremely flavorful. We will be back! Beats Capitol Grill and Ruth's Chris hands down.Special Features:
- IncredibleDolphinSushiVIPDined on 9/17/2014Shut up and listen...put down your damn menu and order the bone in filet mignon....nuff said.....Oh, and get Taco as your waiter for over the top service. This is my favorite steak place in Atlanta.Special Features:
- The best steakhouse in AtlantaAtlantaFoodieDined on 9/15/2014The food is fantastic and they can make any drink you want. The steak is fabulous, it is never overcooked. There is a great selection of side dishes and apps.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinneroriginalmissscarlettDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of 10 celebrating birthdays and we were very pleased with the service we received from Paul and his team. The food was outstanding and I think they have the best steaks in Atlanta. Ambience was great because they put us in a smaller room so we could talk with eah other. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Ambience SupremeIMfullDined on 9/13/2014There are very few occasions that truly qualify for the Perfect Award but our experience the evening of September 13th was certainly one that did. From the welcome, to the service, to the food, to the special desert, all was beyond approach. In addition, our server deserves recognition for his exceptional attention and service. Jeff engaged us in pleasant conversation and even asked if we were celebrating a special event, which we were. All things considered, McKendrick's Steakhouse provided us with an unforgettable experience. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014First time at mckendricks food was awesome and waiter was friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere was lively slot bough I'm a fan of a booth vs open table so s little ackward for me. Dress for the occasion as most are. Bar and drinks were a little scarce unless you line wine. I asked for a drink menu but besides wine they didn't have one and the waiter didn't let me know what they had so water it was. Overall great service and great food besides the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business or PleasureKevinVIPDined on 9/12/2014McKendrick's is one of my favorite business restaurants and makes for an excellent date night. In my opinion the finest steaks in Atlanta!Special Features:
- Solid all the way aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Quality steakhouse with nice simple menu. Service is professional but lacked a touch of personality. Not a big deal at all with the setting and type of restaurant. Great for business dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyVIPDined on 9/5/2014The steak and service are always great at this restaurant - we go there all the times for Birthday celebrations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJimrDined on 8/31/2014The food and service is excellent. I had steak and my wife had fish and both are excellent. The service was great they take great care of you but you don't feel rushed or hurried.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dinner at McKendrick's!VeronicaODined on 8/31/2014We came early, and were so warmly welcomed - we felt like they knew us! We had even struck up a conversation with the owner (at the bar) and shared dessert with him. The place is elegant, and the food is beautifully and perfectly prepared - and delicious! We had the appetizer tower, salads, and our entrees (steak and sea bass) were perfectly prepared. I would reccommend that you make a reservation - especially if you are planning on dining around the normal dinner hours. We came early, but the place was full by the time we left.Special Features:
- Never fails!dinetooDined on 8/30/2014Always a first class dining experience.......good as Bone's without driving into town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nikki6Dined on 8/28/2014McKendricks never disappoints. Best steaks and service in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Have not dined here for lunch in months. Invited out of town business guest for important conversation. Food was awful... It actually bothers me to say this as I have always thought of McKendrick's as my go to fail safe business lunch spot. Maybe it was just a bad day for the folks there... I will spend $50+ for lunch there again - but if anything like the food quality received on this visit - just dang...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBuddDined on 8/27/2014Food was very delicious. Brought my wife a piece of wonderfully tasty ice cream cake for her dessert. Only if the waiter had more personally and taken care of us for the $200 check. I would of given 5 stars. Figured the waiter was having a bad day even though it wasn't busy.Special Features: