3540 South Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90007Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mckays.usc.edu/
- Phone: 2137434111
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am-10:00am Lunch: 11:00am-3:00pm Dinner: 5:00pm-10:00pm Lounge: 11:00am-11:00pm McKay's Restaurant is open on Sunday's for breakfast from 8:00am until 11:00am. The lounge is open from 11:00am until 5:00pm serving a limited lunch menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Exposition
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Validated valet parking is free for two hours; a ticket must be obtained from the valet attendant. There is free three hour parking in the parking structure adjacent to the Radisson hotel; a ticket must be obtained from the parking attendant, and you must park in the designated McKay's parking spaces.
A word from McKay's
Pre-game, post-game, no game, McKay's is the perfect choice for lunch or dinner to enjoy some of L.A.'s finest food and good cheer with friends. Created in the winning tradition of a warm and friendly destination to celebrate a victory or prepare for the big game, McKay's lives and breathes the heritage and championship atmosphere of one of the game's greatest personalities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McKay's reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- PSmithVIPDined on 9/2/2014A quiet place for conversation and good eats! Yummy French fries!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food is excellent and the service is spectacular. Everyone with smiles and happy that you're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was DecentUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was decent but nothing outstanding. Dessert was quite good.Special Features:
- PSmithVIPDined on 8/5/2014A quiet hang out for USC folks and others, like me! Very friendly staff, great soups, big portion sandwiches and yummy fries!Special Features:
- PSmithVIPDined on 7/17/2014Quiet and out of the way, but worth repeating. This was my first time for dinner and it was quiet, the staff professional and friendly and the food, excellent!Special Features:
- The following 167 reviews are from the McKay's reviews archive.
- A handy little findFoodDudeVIPDined on 5/20/2014Essentially a hotel annex restaurant but one that serves as mainstay on football weekends at USC. Handy parking and an uncommonly pleasant crew augment a serviceable spot for lunch or dinner. Informal atmosphere and consistent preparations on a straightforward means you know what to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice end to the daysallyVIPDined on 5/16/2014We went for dinner at the end of a very long commencement day; food was ok, calamari and scallops were from frozen so a bit tastless, entrees a little disappointing. Service was great though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fight on!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I love this place. THE best coffee, ever! I. Wish they had breakfast nachos again, :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great until it came to dessertTableauDined on 4/12/2014McKays, next to the Radisson Hotel, is a good choice if your are attending an event at USC (as we were). Our server was super, the calamari appetizer was delicious as were our main courses--but our party of three had two different desserts and both were subpar, especially for a pricey restaurant. it was a tad noisy but still ok for a conversational level. We've been here before and will dine here again -- but they really need to work on the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightChristineDined on 4/5/2014McKay's was perfect for our Anniversary celebration. We had the steak dinner, which was cooked to our specific request. When we are in the area again, we will be coming in for sure. Thank you for making our evening romantic and lovely.Special Features:
- Near USCRSHmdDined on 4/4/2014Hard to find decent food in a nicer restaurant near USC. Fast food abounds, some of which is tasty.Special Features:
- If you are in a hurry, thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2014If you are in a hurry, this is not the restaurant for you. Great ambience and food, however, expect to wait for the food to be served. The parking validation is helpful. Nice comfortable lounge area with large TV screens. Great for the sports enthusiast and on game day.
- Service was excellent! FoodLSMFTDined on 2/21/2014Service was excellent! Food was very good. I chose the muscles and they give you plenty for an appetizer which I had as my main course with a side of vegetables. My friend had a delicious steak burger! To top off we split the Mud pie brownie that was delicious! It was not noisy as previous diners had stated. Probably because it was early and not a sports crowd that night. It was a nice evening on our way to the Taper.Special Features:
- Taste buds loveLove2DineDined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentines Day. The food was phenomenal, the drinks were delicious, and the chef was very welcoming. We had a fabulous time at a great price. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the big gametrojan4everDined on 2/8/2014We had dinner at McKays prior to the SC/UCLA basketball game on Saturday. The place was jammed with Trojan fans. We ordered drinks and our dinner and we were served and ate in plenty of time to get to the game. The waitress did a great job getting us our order in a timely fashion. The restaurant was buzzing with fans going to the game and it seemed everyone were served in a timely fashion. Our Greek Salad and Burger that we split were both delicious.Special Features:
- Very good restaurant close to GalenSoCalTravelerVIPDined on 2/8/2014We went to McKay's before a UCLA - USC game at Galen. Parking in USC parking facilities, $10. We had a reservation, essential for game night. I had the hamburger, very good. DW had the chicken sandwich, which she reported as a little dry. Service was good.Special Features:
- Great for a pre-Galen CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Great for a pre-Galen Center event or a USC Trojan fan. Hamburger is good... Service is challenged pre-game. Festive crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We, absolutely, loved ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2014We, absolutely, loved our lunch. The Lobster Roll was heavenly! The dessert, both the Creme Brulee and the the Mudd were scrumptous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McKay's ResaturantgosumiDined on 1/22/2014McKay's is a very convenient meeting and dinner place. the noise level is a bit high to hold a conversation is you have a group larger than 4. the food and selection is excellent, but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!USCHerbDined on 1/14/2014McKay's is an enjoyable locale at USC. A hospitable and enjoyable dining experience when visiting the campus and wanting to have an "adult" meal off campus. Food selections are ordinarily excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014Awesome birthday celebration lunch. Chef Mike was on fire! All of us enjoyed what we ordered and will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastMonaLisaDined on 11/25/2013Great spot for Breakfast! Always quality service and food!
- McKay's was a good choiceBrigVIPDined on 11/20/2013McKay's was a good choice for an adult dinner in the USC area where quiet restaurants are somewhat sparse. The food was mostly good, but one of our party found both dishes he tried to be over-salted.Special Features:
- MCKaysPatrickDined on 11/12/2013Great place to go before a USC event. Well organized with quick service.Special Features:
- Great for lunch if you'reMarinaGalDined on 11/8/2013Great for lunch if you're in the area. Food is good and not too expensive. Parking is free in the parking structure behind the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better service, please!vkdinesDined on 11/4/2013Arrived on time for a noon reservation. Lovely restaurant, nearly deserted at lunchtime on a Monday. After almost immediate initial drink orders and fairly quick delivery, we waited nearly 30 minutes to place our orders--even though we were they waiting for our 5th person (who arrived 25 minutes late), the staff might have asked if the rest of us wanted to order. We then waited another 25-30 minutes for our food. When it finally arrived, two of the five orders were wrong (salad instead of fries, wrong bread on one of the tuna melts). Our actual eating time was rushed, as several in our party had deadlines. Not a relaxed dining experience!
- Dinner with friendsgosumiDined on 9/26/2013McKay's was an excellent place for meeting with friends at USC. It was quiet enough for holding a conversation and the service and food were great.Special Features:
- Sofia BirthdayLVElectricmanDined on 9/25/2013Good food, lobster roll and the fish special were very good. The desert well that's another story, Banana Foster is GREAT and the others were just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitress errorDtshellybrownDined on 9/21/2013There were 8 of us in our party. The waitress acknowledged when she brought food out that she had forgotten my husband's burger. It was 20 minutes before it arrived. She could have comped his meal or offered him a dessert. She did nothing but her tip was still included because we were a large party. It was awkward and I don't think we'll go there again.Special Features:
- Quiet and sophisticatedDiaKriegDined on 7/10/2013I needed a place where I could take my 82-year-old mother, whose physical limitations make stairs and crowds unpleasant. In a college neighborhood where senior citizens are rare, McKays fit the bill perfectly. Seating was ample, waitress was patient, noise level was low. Too bad X-factor happened to be filming right next door at the Galen Center -- traffic and parking were nasty. But inside McKays, an oasis of calm. And the chicken & waffle sandwich -- a revelation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient restaurant near USCfsa92480Dined on 6/26/2013The décor is nice, the service was great but the food was mediocre. I came here for lunch several times in the past and enjoyed the food so I thought I'd try it for dinner. Unfortunately, it was a disappointment. I had the sake salmon and couldn't taste the miso and I didn't like the forbidden rice at all. I had tiramisu for dessert and it was thick and heavy and dry. I don't think I will go back for dinner but may go back for lunch due to its location.Special Features:
- Worst waiter everdiner11Dined on 6/26/2013Not many options for dinner near USC/Shrine, but don't go here! One of the worst dining experiences in memory. The food was edible. But the worst part of the experience by far was our waiter. Rude. Didn't check on our order, which took forever, and got annoyed when we asked him to check. At the end of the meal he literally threw the check onto our table, without even a "thank you." The only good thing about the entire experience was the young woman filling the water glasses. Polite, pleasant and hard working. She noticed that our food was taking forever and asked if we'd like some chips to tide us over. They should let her wait tables and ditch the other guy.
- Was a slow night so no atmosphere.opentablefanVIPDined on 6/14/2013Was a slow night so no atmosphere. Typical old fashioned hotel mediocre restaurant w/mediocre food.
- Quiet and tastyoutoftownerDined on 6/13/2013My husband and I are staying at the Raddison at USC and our first night decided to make life easy by going to the hotel restaurant. It was very quiet--maybe a little too quiet as there were only a few other diners besides ourselves--and the service was pleasant and efficient. We both ordered pasta dishes and have no regrets. The "Shrooms" dish was particularly delicious, although not as good leftover. The portion sizes were large enough that we both brought some back for a late night snack. The prices could have been a bit lower (about $16-$20 per person) but the overall experience was enjoyable.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TwoUSCMuncherDined on 6/13/2013The food was excellent. Two of us had fish (salmon and sea bass) -- great sauce on the sea bass. Third person had a pork chop which was cut very thick. I think two thinner pieces is better rather than one thick piece. Can enjoy the flavor more easily than fighting with a large piece to chew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only dined there because IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013Only dined there because I was staying at the Radisson USC with a group and I didn't want to walk in the area and Patina was sold out or I would have taken a cab to that great restaurant.
- Loved the Lunch at McKay'sLunchtime2DineDined on 5/15/2013We wanted to lunch at a nice place near downtown - McKay's is wonderful - great location, on Figueroa, near USC. Good parking and it's free if you say you're having lunch at McKays. Nice menu - lots of variety, from salads to sanwiches and entrees, too. Friendly service, nice atmosphere, moderately priced and the food is delicious. I definitely recommend it, and I will be back!Special Features:
- An agnostic Reviewer says....dtlaexplorerVIPDined on 4/27/2013I think the previous ratings must have been influenced by "SC" passion, because the restaurant really is a solid 3-star, in every respect. I've been to ten DTLA restaurants in the last three months, and know an average offering when I experience one. There are many other "true" fours out there.
- Service and ambiance, no complants.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2013Service and ambiance, no complants. Food mediocre.
- Food great, Parking not so great!OCKENVIPDined on 4/13/2013Well prepared food, fast service, perfect to go to before any events at Staples or USC. The only drawback? Parking is terrible. If you're lucky to find anything within 2 blocks!Special Features: