McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover
800 North State Street
Dover, DE 19901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mcglynnspub.com/
- Phone: 3026740144
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: McGlynns offers a private room accommodating 20 to 40 guests. Party trays or buffets are available.
- Private Party Contact: Megan 3028941200
A word from McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover
Situated on the beautiful Silver Lake near the historic and government district in Dover, McGlynns Pub brings you the same great food and atmosphere as our 2 locations in Newark, DE. The dark wood paneling, brick & tile make for a warm and inviting place to have a quick bite to eat or spend the evening with friends. McGlynns' is well known for it's juicy burgers, hot roast beef sandwiches, wings, fresh seafood & steaks. Weekly & daily food & drink specials keeps our menus affordable and interesting. Our wide selection of wine & beer, friendly bartenders & servers keep our customers coming back. We have 16 TV's for viewing your favorite sports events or playing Buzztime Trivia. Sit on our deck in the warm months or enjoy the view of the sparkling lake from our dining room surrounded with picture windows. Come in and see for yourself why McGlynns is everyone's favorite neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)Show More
- GoldylocksDined on 9/29/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat. I started going to mcglynns in Bear when that location first opened. Then the pike creek location, when I lived in Newark. I'm so happy to have the dover location. I love half price appetizer Monday's. They have the best appetizer menu I have ever seen and tasted. The service was very good. I went with 6 other people and were seated at a table where we had the view of the lake. We had a ton of fun and expect to go back again soon.😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay AWAYRockyVIPDined on 9/25/2014Second visit to this restaurant. First visit was nice.....second visit was a nightmare. In a nutshell, ordered a Caesar Salad, requesting Ranch Dressing. Got it with Caesar. Wife ordered Beef Stew, but hers came with a little extra "protein," in the form of a FLY! That's right, a FLY in her Beef Stew. We showed it to the manager, who immediately saw the fly and took the plate away. He came back a few minutes later, apologized, and told us that he was taking the Beef Stew off our bill!!!! Isn't that SUCH a nice man??? We certainly WON'T be returning to McGlynn's Pub and Restaurant.....unless we have a craving for FLIES, of course.
- Great Service Great foodrsaichDined on 9/5/2014We had a going away luncheon the staff went out of their way to make our lunch a great experience, a party of 12 with separate checks didn't faze her. The food was out fast and was very good, our new favorite place for lunch and Dinner.Special Features:
- Our Most Recent VisitPhylzyDined on 7/29/2014We had a reservation for 4 @ 5:30. The other half of our party was held up, but we were seated immediately, placed drink orders and asked if we'd like to order anything before the rest of our party arrived. The server was very patient and understanding of the fact that our party wasn't complete until 20 mins. later. We go there often and appreciated the understanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly quiet, nice brunchcocoadocDined on 6/29/2014We ate at McGlynns on a recommendation from a 'local' and were pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent and quite reasonably priced, and the ambiance very nice. We'll return if in the area again.Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover reviews archive.
- great!greatDined on 6/18/2014we had a group of 8 and had faxed in our orders ahead of time. our server was prompt and we got out of there in an hour...perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodIamatazDined on 6/10/2014Tuesday 1/2 price burgers are great. Large Youngling and good friends topped off the night.Special Features:
- Family CelebrationOnTheWaterDined on 5/19/2014We made a reservation for a family celebration after an event. McGlynn's was very accommodating, even when we called because the event was running late and pushed the reservation by 1/2 hour. The food was very good, everyone enjoyed what they ordered. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Love McGlynn'shmcqaDined on 5/13/2014I love the McGlynn's franchises including the Cantwell Tavern in Odessa. The Ashby famly does a great job of making lunch or dinner dining a great experience for all age groups. Especially love their burgers and that they are using locally grown products. Also while the restaurants offer some more trendy items, there is always something to suit the less adventurous customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dining spotIngdoDined on 5/8/2014Good food, good service, great location! Had a wonderful family gathering at this pub. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Pub atmosphere, nice viewBobLDined on 4/12/2014We were looking for a place for dinner and Buzztime Trivia. We also got a nice bright dining room with a view of the sunset over Silver Lake. The atmosphere was energetic but not deafening. We stayed the night with friends and the trivia game is available in the dining room as well as the bar. Service was attentive. Food was perfect and met our expectations for the venue. Facilities were clean and functioning fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experiencePhylzyDined on 3/25/2014Especially great this past Tuesday, with the snow falling and the great view of the lake.Special Features:
- Ladies Who LunchtazismommomDined on 3/12/2014I planned the lunch at McGlynns with a group of 8 other women. The McGlynns' staff was very accommodating with our needs (a large table, separate checks); our waitress was responsive, professional, friendly, and efficient. We had a lovely time and plan to return in the near future. BTW, because of the positive experience, two women returned the next day for dinner with their husbands!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Foodmar2bruDined on 1/31/2014Crab cake and roast beef sandwich were both very dry. Crab cake was served without any sauce (had to be requested); and even so, had no taste and was not finished (did not want to take uneaten portion home). Server was very good. Location was also very good.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!SandyDined on 1/17/2014Found this restaurant on line. Decided to try it based on the great reviews and was not disappointed. The appetizer pretzels were yummy and came with three varieties of mustards. The calamari was just okay. The bourbon salmon was really scrumptious and would highly recommend it. The menu offered a wide variety so there is something for everyone. We were able to view the menu online which was helpful in deciding which restaurant to choose. The waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. I will definitely return. It would be nice to sit outside by the water when the weather gets warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was made ALMOST to perfectionRMNBMDined on 12/28/2013One of the sandwiches was ordered with no tomatoes, but it came with tomatoes. The waitress offered to take it bake but we opted to just take them off. Unfortunately, they were diced tomatoes so kind of hard to the seeds and all off. Two of the burgers were ordered medium but were still almost bloody. Everything else was wonderful and service was superb!Special Features:
- McGlynns Pub & RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Truly more pub than a restaurant but not typical pub food. A neighborhood place for meeting friends and family with good food at an affordable price. Dress is casual and there is a buzz in the atmosphere on most nights. Not a five star restaurant but good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Mealluv2eatDined on 12/22/2013I've been to McGlynns 4 times over the past few months, having had lunch, brunch and dinner. The food is consistently good, and the prices quite reasonable. In a city where good restaurants are at a premium, MGlynns fits the bill for casual meals. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fun time...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013They received my reservation but they were not prepared for me. The TV was not set up for the game. Then once they found they had a problem with the satellite, they did not move me to a suitable location. They sat us at the bar that still had food residue from the Make-Your-Own Bloody Mary Bar and it made watching the game very uncomfortable because we were at an awkward angle to the TV. Then we waited at the bar before we got any service. The manager and servers got better throughout the visit but it was not a good start to the afternoon.Special Features:
- Service was excellent at thebdaydinnerDined on 11/27/2013Service was excellent at the table. Very accomodating to our group. Crab dip was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bar is a Bar...cigarknightVIPDined on 9/13/2013Went on a Friday night while visiting son at Dover Air Force Base...this is a bar...don't waste time with the non burger or sandwich menu, because quite frankly, the dinner entrees are not good...the appetizers...pretzels and boiled shrimp were good, but the jumbalaya was poor, and the fish was, well, fishy...Also, for a bar, the entrees are actually pretty pricey...nice selection of beer...Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceRopriceDined on 8/10/2013First time at this restaurant. My party had a great time. Best nachos I think we ever had. Not one complaint from anyone. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!ams1062Dined on 5/30/2013This restaurant is definitely my favorite of all the McGlynn's I've visited. The food is fresh and prepared perfectly and the staff is exceptional. Everyone who works there is super friendly and helpful. The ducks and geese we watching playing outside were an added bonus too. I will be visiting McGlynn's in Dover again and recommend it to all of my friends too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique and good foodsandyDined on 5/18/2013We all really enjoyed the food and also loved the atmosphere and lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We did a brunch on Mothers'OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013We did a brunch on Mothers' Day. The place was full and had we not had reservations, I'm told we would have had a 90 minute wait. Thanks to Opentable.com we were seated imediately. Given how busy the dining room and tavern area was, the service was pretty good, and the noise level acceptable. I ordered Eggs Chesapeake, a Benedict-inspired dish loaded with crab meat. It was excellent; the egg was poached properly and the dish (along with my wife's Eggs Benedict) arrived hot. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been going to McGlynnsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013We have been going to McGlynns for a long time and have always had great food. The Prime rib was tender and very tasty. The servers have always been energetic and friendly. Its a fun place to meet up with friends and just have a good time. Stop by after work and have a fancy drink and pop corn and enjoy the beautiful view of Silver Lake.Special Features:
- We meet my parents who comeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2012We meet my parents who come up from the beach and we drive down from Wilmington so it was perfect. Great view, good food and wonderful ambiance. We will definitely be back. Loved it.Special Features:
- Nice service.Varied menu withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2012Nice service.Varied menu with many great choices Very busy place. Glad we made a reservation.
- Nice view, good waiter/service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Nice view, good waiter/service, but the food was somewhat cold. The cheese in my chicken quesadilla (spelling?)was not melted and hot.Special Features:
- McGlynns is a constant goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2012McGlynns is a constant good performer for lunch in Dover.Special Features:
- They always seem to be understaffedLisaDined on 6/26/2012They always seem to be understaffed at lunch time, but the wait staff are very nice and do their best. Menu has a good variety of healthy to hearty choices, and everything I've had has been good.
- Our experience was coloredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Our experience was colored by the very poor service of our hostess, who instructed us to follow her to our table, yet (bizzarely) kept on walking right into the kitchen AND NEVER RETURNED! Furthermore, she never returned to apologize for her abrupt disappearance. We requested further assistance from the front desk before choosing our own table! Our waitress, however, was very friendly and cordial; in fact, had it not been for our waitress, I would not return to McGlynn's.
- Have been a few times andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012Have been a few times and find it a great place to meet friends, enjoy the view and the pub food is very good also!Special Features:
- We went to McGlynns with aLucyDined on 4/14/2012We went to McGlynns with a group of family adults. The service was good and we were happy with our view of the lake, the food was good but it was typical pub food. I will say we were a little dissapointed that a restaraunt called McGlynns did not serve Smithwicks beer or serve bangers and mash or corned beef. It was kind of a bummer when we got there and saw it just pub food, not really an Irish Pub. Everyone enjoyed themselves and we would reccommend for family, couples and we did see tables with friends enjoying a night out.Special Features:
- Food was okay, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2012Food was okay, but service wasn't great. We sat for quite a while before server finally came over, and even longer to get anything after that. I have eaten in the bar before, and it was great there, but the regular dining section was cold and seemed forgotten! Still debating on whether I would recommend to anyone or even tr again myself...Special Features:
- Had to wait to be seated,LisaDined on 3/16/2012Had to wait to be seated, not because it was busy, but because the Hostess was on the phone, then walked away to do something else... she also acted like she didn't understand we had a reservation, or even what Open Table was, which was disappointing, since I had specifically noted in the reservation that we had show tickets and needed to keep on schedule. Once were finally seated, the waitress and food were both good. We sat in the dining room, which was much quieter than the bar area, although the bar area has a lovely view of the lake.
- We celebrated the birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012We celebrated the birthday of a co-worker and selected Monday because of the 1/2 price apps. We shared nachos and each ordered our own sandwich item.Special Features:
- This is a favorite for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2012This is a favorite for our office birthday lunches. Food and service is consistantly outstanding and the view of Silver Lake is like the cherry on top!Special Features:
- We made a reservation andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012We made a reservation and asked for a window seat. When we arrived reservation was waiting for us and we had a beautiful scenic table. Unfortunately it went down hill from there. The drinks were very watered down. Food was not cooked as reqeusted and not very tasty. The waiter had to contue to take things off the bill becasue he was getting our order and drinks wrong.Special Features:
- We waited at a table in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012We waited at a table in the bar area, to find there wasn't any waitress service. After arriving at our table, service was fine. Pretzel roll was awesome (Turkey dijon sandwich). Ribeye steak was not very thick and not likely 12 oz, but taste was good. Noise level was very high. We had to practically yell to hear each other. I think this would have been an awesome experience for a less busier time slot. We went at 7pm on Sat. We will definitly go back. : )Special Features: