McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Polly Drummond
8 Polly Drummond Shopping Center
Newark, DE 19711Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Polly Drummond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mcglynnspub.com/
- Phone: (302) 738-7814
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offering a catering-to-go menu. Please visit our website at mcglynnspub.com for details or call 302-738-7814 to speak with the manager. 48 hour advanced notice required.
- Private Party Facilities: Let McGlynns take care of your next party needs. Our banquet facility is a separate room at the back of the restaurant which can accommodate 20 to 40 guests. Buffets & party trays are available for all types of occasions. Please call the restaurant to discuss your options and book the event.
- Private Party Contact: Jodi 3028941200
- Entertainment: DJ Dance Party on Wednesday and Friday night.
A word from McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Polly Drummond
Located in the Polly Drummond Shopping Center, McGlynns is celebrating its 29th year as Newark's favorite Irish Pub. With its brick fireplace, cozy booths and updated look, McGlynns invites you to come in for a quick bite or hang out for the evening. Nightly specials and additional offerings keep our customers coming back for consistently delicious meals at a reasonable price. Our hot roast beef sandwiches, nachos & fajitas, fresh seafood and famous prime rib have earned McGlynns multiple regional awards including "Best Burgers", "Best Beer Selection", "Best Happy Hour" and "Best Place to Hang Out". Test your skill with our NTN Buzztime trivia game or sit and watch sports on one of our 18 TV's. Strike up a conversation with one of our friendly bartenders and servers who will make you feel right at home. Come on in and see for yourself why McGlynns Pub is everyone's favorite neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Polly Drummond reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (1)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Filthyberyl1221VIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a gift card to go there from another of their restaurants where we had a terrible experience with both food and service, so we tried it Saturday night. From being seated incorrectly ( the hostess, when we checked in, assumed we were with a big party that had a reservation--why??, to the wrong order for my drink, to our food and appetizers coming out nearly together, to the place being absolutely filthy--we'd NEVER go back. When the banquet seating is pulled apart, and you can see what's down there--no way. UGH
- SusanlSusanlVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great neighborhood place. Wonderful food and fast and friendly service. We come often and never had a bad meal. Ask for a table away from the bar for a quieter tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half-price Burger Night AgainfoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Tuesdays are half-price burger night, so it's starting to become a ritual for us! Their burgers are very good. I had the "stuffed burger" and it was cooked just right this time. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half price burger nightfoodieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Tuesdays are half price burger night. Very good burgers. Our experience is that you can't rely on the burger being cooked as ordered though. They never seem to understand "medium" and "medium-well" whenever we go there and order burgers. I've never minded too much though. I like their "stuffed burger" a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Polly Drummond reviews archive.
- MixedAlTheScotDined on 7/22/2014Despite having a confirmed booking through OpenTable they claimed no record of it. Fortunately I had a printout of the confirmation but I still had something of a wait. Food was mixed...stuff they only had to reheat (chili and beef stew) were pretty good but stuff that required controlled cooking (fish & chips) was over-cooked, greasy and cold! I've used them before and they were OK during the day when things are quiet. I will be avoiding it in the evenings...Iron Hill is MUCH better.
- Good burgersfoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Our burgers and fries were very good. We shared a cup of the chili, which also was very good. I did find out that, although it has vodka in it, my Seabreeze is not considered a rail drink here, which were on special tonight for $4, so make sure you ask first.Special Features:
- Foodie1954Dined on 6/26/2014Did not go in place appears to be a motorcycle club hangout. Required to enter a rating to submit feedback.Special Features:
- great serviceYemarVIPDined on 6/4/2014I don't know who does the hiring or training but you've got the nicest servers anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSusanlVIPDined on 5/30/2014Food is always great. The bar area can get a little rowdySpecial Features:
- St. Patty's Day CelebrationsDragoneerDined on 3/14/2014Good bag pipes, good music and dancing, nice bar and always great selection of specials and menu items terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Night 1/2 Price BurgersJRREHOVIPDined on 3/11/2014First time in a long time to this local neighborhood bar and restaurant. Bar was busy and somewhat noisy. Seated quickly and service was prompt and friendly. Food - very good. We ordered two burgers - the Farmhouse and the Stuffed and both require us for a return visit to do it all over again they were that good. Everything was fresh and had great taste. The only complaint was the outside area with the smokers - you could smell it everytime the door opened and closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was seated fast and receivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Was seated fast and received fast service from our waitress. They did bring our appetizer after our meal. She was apologetic. Which was fine we took home. Night went well and was very satisfied.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood bar. GreatNancyDined on 12/31/2013Good neighborhood bar. Great for St. Patty's Day, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/3/2013This was the 2 nd time we reserved a Booth number 25 the day before and never got it ! We were disappointedSpecial Features:
- Slow ServiceJHOPDined on 10/6/2013It was during football so the place was loud but I was fine with that it's a pub and I like that atmosphere. The one thing was the service was so slow...the place was hopping but not packed. I sat there quite a while with an empty pint. I had two beers and would have stayed for a few more however having to wait twenty minutes for the waitress put me in a bad mood as it did with the rest of my party. Hope this was a one time thing or the next time will be my last. I'm a two strike and done with person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Mother's DayReubenEaterDined on 5/12/2013Our children & I took my wife to McGlynns for Mother's Day Sunday brunch. She was greeted at the door by our server, Pat, who presented her with a carnation. Three of us ordered a hot sandwich & the other, a Caesar salad. Pat did a great job & was very busy between serving & cleaning tables. The noise level was a bit excessive for a family Sunday afternoon due to the slightly too aggressive music playing. All-in-all a good visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for 1/2 price burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Went for 1/2 price burger night. Everything was delicious but the fries. They were cold. The waitress was very friendly and provided good service. All in all it was a good meal.Special Features:
- Went on a Tuesday night forfoodieVIPDined on 12/4/2012Went on a Tuesday night for half-price burgers. Hubby swears they make the burgers smaller on half-price night. They might. My stuffed burger seemed a little small, though it was very good.Special Features:
- Good for fish and chipsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/6/2012Had the fish and chips which are always a good selection hereSpecial Features:
- First time here and we wereGeminiVIPDined on 9/17/2012First time here and we were very pleased. The crab cake sandwich was excellent as was everything else. My husband loved the stew very much. It's pricey, but the serving size is HUGE. Our server was super attentive without being overbearing. Zero complaints and we will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- The complimentary buffet thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012The complimentary buffet that was advertised from 3-7 pm consisted of cold potato skins and a few dried out pieces of sub by 5 pm. The chicken fajita was disappointing because the onions and peppers had been fried together, but then just had the chicken slices places on top. Thus, the flavors did not blend well. The chicken should have been sauteed with the peppers and onions--it takes a few more minutes, but would have made a much better fajita. On the other hand, the server and the wait staff were very helpful in that they found a birthday cake and served it to my son, whose birthday we were celebrating.Special Features:
- The food is reliably goodElizabethVIPDined on 4/28/2012The food is reliably good at McGlynn's. It's reasonably priced and has ample parking, so it's a good spot to meet friends.Special Features:
- Nice place to eat but not to talkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012overall a Very Nice place A little noisey for good conversation, needs better music. When we first got there the music was oldies and/or soft rock which was good but could hardly hear it unfortunately because of the noise level. Later it sounded like heavy metal and was very loud. Food was very good. Sevice was very good. It could be better If you could seperate the tables/booth from the bar.
- Nice place, good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012Nice place, good food and service. Plenty of seating.Special Features:
- We have been to McGlynn'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2011We have been to McGlynn's several times, however, this time the service was very poor. Food was lukewarm. We were disappointed, but we will give it another try.
- Very good foodfoodieVIPDined on 12/18/2011It's a little noisy, but we didn't mind. There was a big football game going on at time we were there. The place has A LOT of TVs! I enjoyed the chichen quessiddea, another enjoyed the shrimp quessiddea, and another enjoyed the crab cake sandwich. All were excellent, and you get plenty for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Been multiple times now andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2011Been multiple times now and never fails to please! Wife had a very tasty London Broil while I had crab cakes - both were delicious. Finished the meal with warm apple tart served with ice cream. Views are much better in the summer when you can actually see the lake. Bar was hopping with a lot of people but our section was still quiet enough to carry on a personal conversation. This is one of Dover's best!Special Features:
- exactly what you expect.SellithardVIPDined on 11/7/2011exactly what you expect. local pub food done well. nothing more. nothing less. service is very good
- McGlynn's is a reliable localOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/3/2011McGlynn's is a reliable local pub that offers great deals and specials throughout the week (and not just on off nights). My wife and I split a half-priced bottle of wine (with purchase of an entree) ... on a SATURDAY night. I had a nicely cooked flat iron steak, she had shrimp with some VERY creamy grits, and we enjoyed a relaxed evening for about $45. Hard to go wrong there.Special Features:
- Service is always friendlyYemarVIPDined on 8/21/2011Service is always friendly and efficient and food is reasonable. A warm and friendly spot.Special Features:
- This restaurant/bar's strengthYemarVIPDined on 7/27/2010This restaurant/bar's strength is in its waitstaff. I don't know who does the hiring but they should be commended for their choices. Everyone is friendly and patient - even enjoyable. While the food is just okay, the atmosphere,drinks, and staff will keep me coming back.Special Features:
- Great Spring Chicken-StrawberyfoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2010Great Spring Chicken-Strawbery Salad. I had it with Italian dressing, rather than the Poppy Seed dressing it's paired with, for dinner. Very tasty!Special Features:
- I wonder why I bother fillingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2010I wonder why I bother filling these reviews out. Do the owner's read them? If so, then they don't seem to care. The food is still extremely inconsistant. Burger nite, over done, slow to the table, waiter....not very attentive (however very nice). Certainly was not as busy as it has been in the past on burger niteOwners???? Can you wonder why? Your reputation is FINALLY causing your business to slow when it could be gang busters. Step it up. Take the feedback to heart, you can and should do better. You have the BEST location in Pike Creek, own it!
- Great local hangout. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/29/2010Great local hangout. Always know you can grab a good burger and a beer and maybe run into a friend or two.Special Features:
- Friendly service greeted usFYI411Dined on 3/28/2010Friendly service greeted us at the door and continued throughout the dining experience with an attentive and engaging wait person. Interesting mix on menu which enabled us to sample three different dishes between us.Special Features:
- Great beef and beer placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2010Great beef and beer place where suits mingle with coveralls.Special Features:
- The waitstaff at McGlynn'sYemarVIPDined on 12/18/2009The waitstaff at McGlynn's in Polly Drummond is always friendly and efficient. I've never had a waitress or waiter who wasn't a pleasure.Special Features:
- I was disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2009I was disappointed in the taste of my food. It was not cooked as I requested. The other people in my party were equally disappointed in their meal. The wait time was 1 hour for my food. When the waitress told us that a party of 20 = had all order what we had order that of course put us behind. That was not my problem. I don't think Gordon Ramsey would be happy either. I don't think I will be back.
- Comfortable, relaxed placenjguyDined on 5/10/2009Comfortable, relaxed place for a meal, varied menu will please a wide range of tastes.Special Features:
- The food was average and theAbby0013Dined on 5/8/2009The food was average and the atmosphere was okay. Unfortunately we were seated next to a woman who felt the only was to communicate with her friends was to shout as loudly as she could. This wasn't the fault of the restaurant, but didn't make our experience very pleasant. We won't go back.Special Features: