McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Peoples Plaza
108 Peoples Plaza
Newark, DE 19702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Peoples Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mcglynnspub.com/
- Phone: 3028346661
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: McGlynns Pub now offers catering-to-go. Please visit our website at mcglynnspub.com or call the restaurant at 302-834-6661 to speak with a manager. Please allow 48 hours notice.
- Private Party Facilities: Let McGlynns take care of your next party needs. Our banquet facility is a separate room at the back of the restaurant which can accommodate 20 to 40 people. Buffets & party trays are available for all types of occasions. Please call the restaurant to discuss your options & book the event.
- Private Party Contact: Jodi 3028941200
- Entertainment: Karaoke is on Tuesday nights DJ Dancing is on Wednesday and Friday evenings.
- Cross Street: Route 40 and Route 896
- Public Transit: There is a convenient bus stop right in the Peoples Plaza Shopping Center.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is never a problem at McGlynns because of our location in the Peoples Plaza Shopping Center. A spacious, lighted area makes parking an easy, safe place to leave your car while dining.
A word from McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Peoples Plaza
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant,celebrating its 13th year in Peoples Plaza, is Newark's favorite Irish Pub. With its brick fireplace, cozy booths and updated look, McGlynns invites you to come in for a quick bite or hang out for the evening. Nightly specials and additional offerings keep our customers coming back for consistently delicious meals at a reasonable price. Our hot roast beef sandwiches, nachos & fajitas, fresh seafood and famous prime rib have earned McGlynns multiple regional awards including "Best Burgers", "Best Beer Selection", "Best Happy Hour" and "Best Place to Hang Out". Test your skill with our NTN Buzztime trivia game or sit and watch sports on one of our 18 TV's. Strike up a conversation with one of our friendly bartenders and servers who will make you feel right at home. Come on in and see for yourself why McGlynns Pub is everyone's favorite neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Peoples Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- It's a PubjohngrinsVIPDined on 6/29/2014Owner has three or four restaurants in the Newark area. Deer Park and Cantwell's Taven are others. Friend had crab cake and ribs and it looked good. Not much from the outside and there is a fenced area on the sidewalk out front for dining. Decent selection of draft beers. Their own Taylors Grog was a nice, easy drinking ale. Cantwell's in Odessa was much better atmosphere and more interesting.
- The following 22 reviews are from the McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Peoples Plaza reviews archive.
- Out on Friday321letsgoDined on 3/28/2014Last minute choice for a dinner out on Friday - they were very accommodating. Food was very good. had what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anytime fun50PlusDined on 12/31/2013We had a last minute gathering for an early New Years Eve dinner. Great place for a casual dinner anytime. Good selection of beers and other drinks with a good selection of food. Also has a large bar if you don't want a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerSusanDined on 11/2/2013First time there and enjoyed every minute of it. Waitress was wonderful and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server, unlike most, understoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2013Our server, unlike most, understood that she should not remove a plate until everyone at the table had finished.
- Great buffalo wings, jambalayaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013Great buffalo wings, jambalaya and prime rib were yummy too.
- Overall, it is still a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Overall, it is still a nice place to eat, but it could use updating. The TV’s were still cathode Ray tub and not flat screen. The booths and decor are a bit dated. The staff was very courteous the food is great. I would go there whenever I get a chance.Special Features:
- Yummy Salad!foodieVIPDined on 6/15/2012I had a salad and a Sea Breeze. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- Had a kobe burger it was seasonedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Had a kobe burger it was seasoned with A-1 steak sauce......asked for mediium rare got welldone the 1st go sent back but still had A-1 as part of presentation... sad chef.
- The only thing that was incorrect-OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012The only thing that was incorrect- I ordered a hamburger with fried onions and it came out with raw red onions. I had my waitress correct it and it was delicious!Special Features:
- Haven't been disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012Haven't been disappointed by anything on the menu yet.Special Features:
- the food is wonderful, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012the food is wonderful, the staff is great and the atmosphere is relaxing.Special Features:
- Since I had made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011Since I had made reservations we walked in and the hostess seated us immediately even with people waiting. That was very nice. The waitress was excellent. She put up with our craziness and our hanging around. The food was ok. The scene was a general overall pub scene. The place was packed.Special Features:
- Beef & Beer is good buyFuzzWuzzVIPDined on 8/14/2011Overall good experience. Very reasonably priced Sunday special of beef & beer.Special Features:
- Good beef & service, but stale rollfoodieVIPDined on 7/17/2011I had the roast beaf sandwich special, which had cheese and au jus. The beef was flavorful and fresh, but the kaiser roll was a bit stale. A stale kaiser roll can really put a damper on an otherwise great sandwich. I also had a glass of red wine, which was good. The waiter did a good job.Special Features:
- Decent food at a decent price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2011Decent food at a decent price. Service could have been better. I waited longer than I wanted to have my drink refilled. Outside of that it was nice experience.Special Features:
- Great for all u can ear wings.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2011Great for all u can ear wings. However i made my reservation using open table and the restaurant had no record of it.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2010The atmosphere was great. My friends and I went there as we had never been there before and had heard good things. The food was quite agreeable and the drinks were fair. Notable was the inconsistency among our alcoholic beverages received during happy hour. For the exact same drink, one would seem to contain quite a bit and another very little at all. A non-happy hour applicable alcoholic beverage was ordered and it seemed to be generously proportioned. All meals were as requested and the service was quite good considering the number of people in attendance. I would go to this restaurant again, but I don't believe I would make it my permanent hang-out.Special Features:
- Always enjoy eating here.Miller19713Dined on 6/18/2010Always enjoy eating here. Food is good service is good. Great value for your dollarSpecial Features:
- Good food special and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2009Good food special and excellent service. thanks for great father day dinner.Special Features:
- We were taken to our seatsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2009We were taken to our seats almost immediately, even though they were very busy. I would recommend making a reservation if you are going on a Friday night. The waitstaff was very friendly and efficient. The dinners that we ordered were well worth the price. We will definitely go for dinner here again.Special Features:
- All in all, we had a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2009All in all, we had a nice evening. Our table was a cramped but we made do.Special Features:
- Great find and best I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Great find and best I had in so long. Was very pleased and enjoyed it, as well as my date. Food was Excellent!! As was service!!Special Features: