McGill's on 61st
6058 S Yale Dr
Tulsa, OK 74135Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
McGill's on 61st
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinemcgills.com/
- Phone: 9183888080x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: John Briscoe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room Available.
Seats up to 14
Plasma TV with Laptop Hookups
- Private Party Contact: Manager 9183888080x
A word from McGill's on 61st
A locally owned, upscale yet relaxed dining experience for almost twenty-five years. McGill's features Prime rib, Prime steak, Prime seafood, Prime cocktails, and Prime wines with professional friendly service.Continued
Conveniently located in the KingsPointe Shopping Center at 61st and Yale.
Conveniently located in the KingsPointe Shopping Center at 61st and Yale.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
McGill's on 61st - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
McGill's on 61st reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good but not exceptionaldinesalotDined on 8/8/2014The food and service were very good, however for the price there are many other local restaurants that have better service and cuisine.Special Features:
- LIS94CHR98Dined on 7/29/2014VERY GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE, FRIENDLY WAIT STAFF, DID A GOOD JOB OF DESCRIBING THE SPECIALS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb LunchKennyDined on 7/10/2014Our recent lunch at McGill's was spot on. Table was ready when we walked in, right at our reservation time. Waiter was on top of everything, took our order promptly and our steaks, ordered rare, were perfectly rare. Only negative was the noise level. Ours was a business lunch and we needed to actually talk business but had a tough time trying to talk and hear over the high noise level. Will certainly go back for the food but not when needing to communicate with tablemates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014I went to McGill's with my wife for our anniversary. It was a nice relaxing romantic atmosphere for the occasion. It was a little spendy but the food was wonderful. I had a hard time figuring out the price of the specialty items that weren't on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMilhausDined on 6/3/2014Nice staff and excellent service. Parking is very poor but location is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was below averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014I invited our customers to this location for dinner and was very disappointed in the food. The mushroom caps didn't have any flavor, the baked potato was average or below and the vegetables tasted like they had been in a freezer for sometime and then thawed out and microwaved. There were 5 people and our ticket was approx $500. If we're going to spend that kind of money, I expect great food. I would NOT recommend this restaurant to friends, family or customers.
- FoodGoodbutnotgreatDined on 5/20/2014Salad was perfect. Bread was perfect. Prime Rib was good but not great. It had Gristle in it. It was tough to cut with the knife provided. I almost had to use my Case pocket knife with razor sharp blades. It was more USDA Choice than Prime. Garlic Mashed Potatoes Perfect. Steamed squash and green beans perfect. Creme Brûlée was runy not firm as it is supposed to be. Waiter and Waitress were excellent! The Prime Rib at Salt Grass in Dallas is PERFECT! Maybe they can find out the meat supplier at Salt Grass. My wife's filet was ordered medium well but arrived medium and surprisingly dry. Her baked potato was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 70 reviews are from the McGill's on 61st reviews archive.
- Great Food & Great WaitressTulsaCowboyDined on 5/16/2014Anybody that has lived in Tulsa knows about McGill's or should whether you go to 61st or 21st street locations. Host or hostess, waiter or waitress are always upbeat and engaging. I have never had a bad experience at either dining location. Most days the owners are at the locations always checking to see how everything went for your experience. You are missing out if you don't have them on your dining frequently list.Special Features:
- May 15, 2014LakeMomDined on 5/15/2014McGill's was the perfect setting for a graduation dinner. My only complaint would be that the restuarant was too dark and the glare off of the cars through the window blinds was uncomfortable.Special Features:
- McGills-a great restaurantJlcinTxDined on 5/13/2014While passing through Tulsa, we made sure we would make McGills our dinner destination. We were pleased to have another great meal with excellent service. We are so tired of loud restaurants and at McGills you can actually converse! The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had an excellent private room for our son's graduation dinner. Our server, Kristen was wonderful, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- One year anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014This was the perfect place to celebrate. Food was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbiesAdventurerDined on 4/12/2014The food looked very appetizing, and tasted great as well. Our steaks were very tender. We ordered the baked brie for an appetizer. We had plenty left to take some home. It was good, but we probably won't order it again. The fruit that came with the baked brie was delicious. The service was wonderful. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Perfectly prepared steak and fish. Excellent service. Quiet and intimate atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We like the relaxed feel of McGills. The spinach artichoke appetizer was really, really, good. Dinner Filet was average. Good choice from the wine selections. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- very nice place . . . butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014The service was fine, the reservations were handled great. The only complaint about the service is that the drink orders were a bit slow, especially considering the bar was empty. We split a shrimp cocktail for an appetizer which was very good. My date had the orange roughy and it was very good. The steamed vegetables were excellent. I had the ribeye which had very good flavor. It was a poor cut of meat, however. It was laced with gristle. I believe I would try them again, but I would be careful of the steak chosen from the menu.Special Features:
- Great dinner at McGill's !DonM8618VIPDined on 3/17/2014Great dinner and our server, Kristin L., was wonderful ! Delicious Caprese salad with filet mignon, baked potato, seasoned vegetables ... other party had baked halibut special, rice and seasoned vegetables and crème brulee. Also, a great wine list. Everything was First Class ! We always enjoy McGill's whether for lunch or dinner !Special Features:
- Magnificent24teaDined on 3/5/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our special evening at McGill's. Very romantic setting and the food was fabulous!Special Features:
- The surf & turf is outstanding. YouGigiZelleDined on 2/27/2014The surf & turf is outstanding. Your wine choices are simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I choose McGills for a special66SamuraiDined on 2/18/2014I choose McGills for a special dinner to reward a client for a great year. The atmosphere makes it feel like you are alone. There were diners around us and we were able to have a quiet conversation with no noise. The food was great. There are many different choices and the dessert menu has a lot to choose from as well. Great atmosphere and wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC Strip?MOGuestDined on 2/15/2014I was recommended McGill's for one of the best steaks in Tulsa. KC Strip steak is supposed to be tender - not a fatty, full of gristle piece of meat. NOT what I expected from a restauarant that was supposed to have some of the best steaks in Tulsa. Very disappointed with that part - which was the main part of the meal. The steak quality for the KC Strip was of lesser quality than I've had when forced to go to Golden Corral for their steak on the buffet! My wife had the petite filet - her steak was well cooked and tasted great. It was tender and moist - just what we would expect from a filet. The restaurant atmosphere was nice for dates & romance. The server did well too. Just don't get the Strip...Special Features:
- Perfect experienceTtowndinerDined on 2/14/2014We walked in. We were seated. We ate great food. My kind of night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcgills 61&yalevalentine1Dined on 2/14/2014Food was good and service was great. Was great for valentines dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeadsUphungryinloveDined on 2/13/2014Had a very good visit, food was not hot and had to ask to have it heated up a little. Overall, very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceGNO3Dined on 2/5/2014We have eaten at McGill's several times for our girls night out. A few months ago, we ate at the McGill's on 21st Street and the prime rib was the best I've ever had. So, we decided on the McGill's at 61st on Wednesday night. Two of the girls had the prime rib again and said that it wasn't nearly as good as the one at 21st Street. I had been battling an upset stomach, so I did not have the prime rib, but I MUST compliment my server, Jared, who was as attentive as a private nurse. I requested Ginger Ale and even though they did not have it, he brought me 3 homemade ginger ale that provided excellent relief for my stomach. All of the girls were so impressed with the level of service we received.Special Features:
- DisappointedCelebration12Dined on 2/1/2014All was good except the taste of the food. The caesar salad was ho-hum at best, the main courses were less than good. The service an ambience was impeccable. The prices were not so bad if the taste of the food matched.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great PlaceJonnyShogunDined on 1/20/2014Every time I've eaten here, it's been perfect. Service is top notch, not a bad item on the menu. Fresh meat and seafood, vegetables always fresh, great desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014McGill's always does a good job but I think the original place on 21st is noticeably better than their other 2 locations. I had the rib-eye and asked for it medium but it was medium rare and not hot when served. It also was a fairly fatty piece of meat and their grill apparently wasn't hot enough to caramelize the fat so it was pretty chewy. Should have sent it back but decided to make the best of it as the taste was decent, and I didn't want to disrupt our dinner with friends. The bruschetta, which is always excellent at the 21st location, was also below par somehow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013The service and food were spot on. McGill's is one of those restaurants that you can always depend on being high quality in everything they do.Special Features:
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013For years we have avoided going to dinner on New Year's Eve....too crowded, can't get a reservation.....etc. Friends from out of town came in and wanted to go out for dinner. I got a reservation here and had a pleasant dinner experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out072747lraDined on 12/31/2013We ate here for the first time on New Year's eve which happened to also be our anniversary. The service was not spectacular and the ambiance was not fantastic but the meal was great. We wanted to have lobster so we choose the lobster tail and filet. It was ample in size and very tasty. The creme brulee was also very good with after dinner drinks We will come back again some time.Special Features:
- A great quaint dining experience..dinner4twoDined on 12/31/2013I love this place for 2 reasons. The food and the atmosphere. It has a great menu with a large wine selection. It is also dim lite so it feels romantic; a great place for intimate conversation verses a loud birthday singing chain.. I appreciate the ambiance.. Our waiter/waitress has always been accommodating and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. McGills neverTheNichFamilyDined on 12/27/2013Great food. McGills never disappoints, but a little pricey. The serving sizes were quite large, but had to ask for bread. Overall a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude staff, food overratedHollieDined on 12/27/2013Came from Dallas for my boyfriends birthday on Friday and had high expectations regarding reviews we read. The atmosphere was good and the hostess and our main waiter was very friendly and helpful. However the older gentleman who brought our silverware/bread kept throwing things down and never said a word. He was very rude from when we first sat down. We ordered calamari for an appetizer and it had a rubber texture and was soggy. For entrees, we ordered the Kansas steak with rice and mixed vegetables. Steak was very tough and the rice and vegetables weren't even as good as the microwaveable ones from the store. Absolutely no flavor. I ordered the filet mignon with the red potatoes and vegetables. Steak was good but vegetables were not.Special Features:
- Was ok...but could have been betterTulsaCoupleVIPDined on 12/24/2013Table wasn't ready when we got there and had to wait almost 20 minutes even with a reservation. Scott our waiter was hot and cold. He's more line a machine than a friendly, informative waiter that we're used to at McGills. Took forever to notice that we were finished and ready for or tab.
- McGills in Kings PointeCarlton58Dined on 12/15/2013Sunday evening dinner at McGills was very enjoyable. Priced moderately, food was well prepared, and the daily specials were a hit with (3) of the (4) guests. It's close to our home and we eat there fairly regularly. Their food and service keep us coming back.Special Features:
- First time customer987654789Dined on 12/13/2013My wife and I both had the Parmesan Crusted Halibut topped with a lobster sauce. The food was really good. The atmosphere was alright. It seemed like there were too many tables in a small area which contributed to the noisy atmosphere. Our waiter seemed to disappear at times. I would recommend because office the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousJ4piperDined on 11/8/2013Great place. Reasonably priced. Great service. Halibut was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereTulsaNativeDined on 11/2/2013The atmosphere was amazing, I just thought the food was a tad expensive for what you were served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacecharlesmichaelDined on 10/19/2013Was very nice. A quiet, romantic place for a first date or special occasion. food was excellent, waiter was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.