McGill's on 21st
1560 E. 21st Street
Tulsa, OK 74114Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
McGill's on 21st
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinemcgills.com/
- Phone: 9187428080
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: John Briscoe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact Amy Moss at the 61st Location.
A word from McGill's on 21st
A locally owned, upscale yet relaxed dining experience for almost twenty five years. McGill's features Prime rib, Prime steaks, Prime seafood, Prime cocktails and Prime wines with professional friendly service.Continued
Conveniently located just west of Utica Square off 21st Street on the ground floor of a 3 story office building.
Conveniently located just west of Utica Square off 21st Street on the ground floor of a 3 story office building.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
McGill's on 21st - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
McGill's on 21st reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very Good mealAshleyVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our first trip to McGills. Why we had waited to try it I do not recall, but it's our new favorite in Tulsa. We visited the one on 21st street. It's a small facility which helps to keep the noise level down, and creates a very nice experience as opposed to some of the large, chain type restaurants. The food was prepared exactly as requested and did not disappoint. The wine list was a little short, IMO, but that is the only complaint I can come up with. Overall an excellent meal and experience.Special Features:
- NOt what I thoughtDaveGVIPDined on 9/23/2014For the price I did not find the steak that flavorful - the food was ok but not outsandingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014McGill's has great food and service. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great 1st ExperienceJuniorAchievementfanDined on 9/15/2014McGill's on 21st is a great restaurant and dining experience!Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner at McGill's on 21stGlomcDined on 9/8/2014As always, we had a wonderful experience at McGill's. It was so easy to make a reservation on line, and when I called to ask for a particular table, they were very accommodating and professional. The food was superb as always, and the service impeccable! It's a lovely way to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening outRalphDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is a great date place! Good food, great service and wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary EveningInnohurryDined on 8/19/2014Very nice lengthy evening; cocktails, all the courses, delicious food; very leisurely and romantic. Took our time. Great waiter and ambiance.Special Features:
- Server makes the differencerayost1Dined on 8/11/2014We visit McGills at least once a month. Last Monday we decided to go for our anniversary. We normally have Richard as a waiter, however he was not working. This lady was slow and took forever to come back to our table after we had finished. I counted the other table staff came 6 times while we were waiting. The moral is: this is a great restaurant, with great food. But if we can't have Richard as a server we will not go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wouldbegourmetDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I went to McGill's for our anniversary dinner on Saturday, August 9. Really loved the warmth and subtle darkness of the ambience. (My wife wanted to steal the chairs.) The dinner was great, crab cakes, spinach salad, Chicken Marsala, Steak Gerard, Pinot Gris, Cryptic Red. The server was an exceptionally nice young man, which made it easier to overlook a few serious flaws in his service: forgot my cocktail; served the salad before the appetizer; forgot my wine - it got almost comical. But every bite of the meal was terrific and he comp’d our dessert of scrumptious bread pudding and coffee, so all was well. We will go back - and we would even ask for our server, if I can remember his name!...Special Features:
- firsttimefoodieDined on 8/7/2014This was my first time visiting McGill's. I was truly impressed. The staff was courteous and professional. Menu items were suggested and accommodated to our liking. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GhoweDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I always go to McGills for our anniversary dinner. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent special dinnerFWBackDRDined on 7/26/2014I was on vacation in Tulsa and wanted to treat myself to a really good dinner. I had a lemon drop the calamari appetizer, surfing turf special, Keylime pie and coffee. Everything was fantastic. Definitely recommended find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceskpetersDined on 6/28/2014We found the restaurant to be very nice for our date night out. We had reservations at 6pm and the table was waiting when we arrived. The service was outstanding and the quality of the food was top notch. My wife had Chicken Picatta and I ordered the Steak Garrard. We split a Caprese salad and shared a dessert following dinner. The bread pudding was out of this world. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the McGill's on 21st reviews archive.
- RFitzDined on 6/22/2014The food was tired and lackluster - it seemed as though it had all been cooked the day before, and warmed up. The service was simply insufficient, especially for a Sunday evening and an empty house. Very regretful experience.
- Good lunch/dinner spotDowntownerDined on 5/23/2014I dined at McGill's/21st Street location with my family for an early dinner. The wine list was as good as ever. The food was overall very good; however, my husband's coconut shrimp was not as good as usual. My dish, the chicken piccata, was perfectly cooked and delicious. The rest of my family ordered various steaks. Our server was sufficient but did nothing over and above normal service. We had requested time to look at the wine menu after ordering a round of iced tea and water, and the waiter had taken it away before we were able to look at it. When he returned, we again asked for the drink menu, and he brought it back, but only brought the beer list. Other than this snafu, the service was fine, and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Just RightGourmandeGirlDined on 5/17/2014Brought in my father, sister and our significant others for a family evening/ get-to-know the new faces. The waiter caught on to our sense of humor quickly,established funny rapport with us throughout the meal, and was always there when we needed something. He also had fantastic suggestions for some of us choosy diners. Wonderful experience, my dad comes from Dallas and was more than pleased with the quality of McGills, as were the rest of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McGill's for a Business DinnerTulsadinnerDined on 5/14/2014Had a dinner with a colleague of mine from work at McGill's. Their wine, beer and drink options were good as they had selections from some local breweries above and beyond the big breweries mass produced options. The food was very good but not outstanding and yet was priced in a range that I would have probably thought I deserved outstanding. Overall, a very nice spot for dinner and a cozy comfortable atmosphere where we were able to hold a conversation at normal speaking levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent food, highly recommend! Great atmosphere and our steaks were cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Made the reservations for 6 out of town family members visiting from San Diego and New York for first time. All were very impressed with decor, food, and waitstaff and really enjoyed themselves. Mcgills on 21st street is a favorite of mine . Guests had steak, pork chops and I had flounder that was absolutely delicious! Overall, a great place to bring out of town guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appears in declineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Having visited McGills several times in the past, but not in years, I was disappointed to return and fine standards slipping. The food was forgettable, nothing to write home about. Server was below average in familarity with menu and wine list. If the manager hadn't also attended our table it would have been a horrible evening. I had taken an out of town guest because we wanted to show hom local fare. I was bordering embarrassment. Good bye McGills, fond memories of yesteryear; we won't be back.
- Quite dinnerQuiteguyDined on 4/24/2014Entertained a family member from out of town and wanted to dine at a quite place where we could visit. The seafood items we had were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014McGill's on 21st is a wonderful place to host a small lunch. Me and my guest truly enjoyed ourselves. You can always count on a nice meal and good service.Special Features:
- Quality spotDanjenpDined on 3/26/2014Overall a good experience. Think our waitress was new but service was still ok. Not stellar. Food was great. Spinach bacon dip appetizer is a must, along with bruschetta. Steaks were all great. Would return again next time in tulsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to dine at McGill'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014First time to dine at McGill's and we were very pleased with our experience. The prime rib I had and the ribeye my wife had were extremely tender and flavorful. Excellent service and great atmosphere made our anniversary dinner memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good andJaneDined on 2/13/2014The food was very good and everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. The service was great as always.Special Features:
- Food was very good, serviceMDeleyDined on 1/31/2014Food was very good, service was excellent. My wife loved the quaint atmosphere. We split the dinner size prime rib and it was more than enough for the 2 of us. If your looking for a place for a special occasion then I would recommend McGills on 21st street.Special Features:
- Consistently good food, atmospherelasvegasDined on 1/12/2014Consistently good food, atmosphere nice, enjoyable place to dine.Special Features:
- Great Food and Atmosphereluv2eatDined on 1/3/2014My husband and I were looking for a nice romantic place to eat dinner that served great steaks. We tried McGills on 21st street and was not disappointed! The lights were dim creating a romantic atmosphere; it was fairly quiet. The steaks that we had were outstanding. We had mushrooms for an appetizer and they melted in our mouths they were so good. The service was excellent as well. I would highly recommend McGills on 21st street for dinner if you are looking for great food and a nice quiet romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a pub with great steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013Great steaks! A great pub feel. I had the petite filet which was perfectly cooked. Noise level a little loud due to one group but nothing unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with relativesKitchenratDined on 12/23/2013Have never had a bad meal at McGill's so this was on the short list when out of town relatives suggested we go out some place special. The food was fantastic as usual; however, service was off a bit. I suspect the waitress was probably new, but also quite forgetful. This place is good enough to survive that, so I'm sure we'll be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Tradition Was BornRooBeeDined on 12/14/2013I took my young cousin (21) to McGill's for her first Fine Dining experience and it was great! She liked the chairs! McGill's is my favorite fine dining place to go for special occasions and I believe a new Christmas tradition was made this year! I can't wait for our next Christmas dinner at McGill's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't miss at McGill'sLindaDined on 12/13/2013You can't miss at McGill's in Tulsa. It gets a little loud when everyone is talking, but food is always high quality. Friendly greetings and kind service.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2013I ordered a crusted Kansas City Strip with blue cheese gravy. It was succulent yet slightly too crisp. My girlfriend, on the other hand, ordered pork chops with apple toppings. I am unsure if the waiter asked how she wanted it done, but it was barely cooked and pretty much fully rare.Special Features:
- why bother???underwhelmedDined on 11/27/2013Chose McGill's to celebrate a 50th birthday, noting this in our Open table reservation. However, no mention of this from the staff coupled with an undercooked chicken fettucine alfredo that had to be sent back, coconut shrimp that was served cold and a filet mignon that came with no sauce left for a very underwhlelming experience. So, we picked up yummy dessert from Cheescake Factory to salvage the evening...
- good eatsdeeproughDined on 11/14/2013friendly, great menu, good service, left us alone to enjoy our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceAndreaDined on 11/5/2013It was my date's birthday and they made it a wonderful day for him and the food was absolutely awesome!Special Features:
- discussions12849Dined on 11/5/2013McGill's combines excellent service, great food and a reasonable atmosphere for a business conversation over lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2013Excellent food and service. We have been celebrating our First date here for eleven years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French onion soup is one theLugosDined on 10/25/2013French onion soup is one the best we've had. The lobster pasta was very rich and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLuv2cookneatVIPDined on 10/17/2013Salmon was overlooked and portions seemed small Oysters were terrific though.Special Features: