McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant
116 W Orr St
Anderson, SC 29625Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcgeesirishpub.com/
- Phone: 8642616401
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Saturday, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm (bar open until 11:00pm), Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm (bar open until 2:00am), Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm (bar open until 11:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Dixie Benca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: McGee's Irish Pub offers several options for caterings, special events, and private parties.
Off Site Catering: Our company has 13 years of catering experience. No job is too small. We can bring a variety of cuisines to any facility and can bountifully feed up to 1000 people in primative conditions. Please allow us to bid for you next corporate picnic, family reunion, or festival.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Pub Parties: McGee's Irish Pub is available to rent for rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, business luncheons, breakfast meetings, or social gatherings of any kind. We have a central stage, a house sound system, projection equipment, & microphones for speaking. If special audio visual set up is needed, please advise when inquiring about an event. Prices vary depending on the day of the week and menu choices. Please call and ask to speak with our Events Coordinator for general estimates.
The Private Room: Our private dining room is available for private dining up to 30 people. We offer our regular menu and no special arrangements need be made save for a simple reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Dixie Benca 8642616401
- Entertainment: Team Trivia Challenge every Wednesday @ 8pm. Live music every Friday featuring the best in Celtic, Folk, & World Music. Occasionally live entertainment on other nights of the week.
A word from McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Tucked into the heart of downtown Anderson, SC, McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant offers a distinct alternative to regular eating and drinking establishments. Diversity is the key to McGee's special appeal. Business people appreciate the quality and value of our lunches, as well as the speed and friendly manner in which they are served. Others prefer to linger, quietly enjoying the afternoon and forgetting the world outside. We offer a wide selection of ales and lagers, with a seasonal specialty brew always on tap to please the "stoutest" of beer enthusiasts. Our bar also offers an extensive list of top shelf scotches, Irish whiskies, and cordials. However, the real pleasure of visiting our pub comes from our kitchen. McGee's Irish Pub's culinary staff offers top quality, full course meals and table service on par with any fine dining restaurant in the region at a fraction of the price. We also feature an 80+ wine list designed by owner & Wine Spectator Award winner John Benca.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Anderson ›
McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nice outingDisappointedDined on 10/8/2014Food was excellent. A nice night out. Really enjoyed the food and my husband the meatloaf special for the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winner at McGee'sMikeDined on 9/3/2014Excellent appetizer (BBQ Quesidilas) and we both had super entrees. My wife had the salmon salad and I had the "Mic-aroni". More than we needed to eat but it was so good we finished it. Good Rita's as well, great choice for the drink of the day. Staff is friendly and all have a good time thereSpecial Features:
- Dinner at McGee'sTablefor2Dined on 8/29/2014We go to McGee's Irish Pub & Restauant often. The food is dependably and there is a nice varied menu that includes some faves such as fish & chips, corned beef and cabbage and even bangers and mash:). The service is always nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant reviews archive.
- The Best in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Spending a Friday evening at McGees is great,good food, great service, and fine entertainment, the place has is all. I highly recomment it to anyone wishing to have a great evening with all of the aforementioned qualities.Special Features:
- Creative entree with personal touchSunshine66Dined on 5/11/2014For Mother's Day brunch the owner/chef prepared saffron mussels in cream sauce--amazing. Then the other owner, who is very knowledgeable in wines, was available to suggest a wine to accompany this meal when I asked for his help. He even came over to personally pour us a glass. The monthly wine dinners are similarly creative and wonderful, displaying the various chefs culinary talents and offering well-pared and often unusual wines to accompany each course.Special Features:
- Tuesday nightBridgeloverDined on 5/6/2014Love the "Fish and Chips" night. We met another couple and really enjoyed the food and conversation. I would rather sit at a table but the booth was quite comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnertrk1Dined on 4/19/2014Had an excellent dinner with good live music. Crab cakes were excellent. Be sure to get the her cheese soupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneimoverdressedDined on 4/11/2014Upon arrival we were greeted with smiles and a festive sound of Irish music lilting through the air. There was an immediate sense of familiarity and comfort to the ambience that puts one at ease from the stress of a workday. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Everyone was friendly and seemed to really care if we were enjoying our experience. The food was prepared well and the portions did not disappoint. We hope to enjoy many more evenings at this delightful establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing but the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014I try to go to The Irish Pub atleast once a week,it's really the best place in town. The food ,the service, the setting have set them apart from the rest of the competition. If you're in Anderson you owe it to yourself to try this establishment.Special Features:
- great friday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014We go to the Irish Pub every Friday, because it's the best value in town, great food and good music, go along with a great staff and caring owner. This place is as good if not better than any place in town.Special Features:
- Great mealMikeDined on 2/26/2014We had our usual good meal and great evening at McGee's. My wife had the salmon and I had the shrimp and chips. Portions were large and the food was well cooked and tasty. I was surprised at how many shrimp came in the basket. We also had a nice bottle of wine, reasonably priced and excellent with sea food. This place is a great find, we consistently recommend it to new acquaintances and friends looking for different places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to go on Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Love to go on Saturday night to enjoy a beer and eat dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, just one catch...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Even though the restaurant was only half filled, the host was told to make us wait 15 mins. We reserved through Open Table the earliest spot listed while on our way from a 30 minute drive. We arrived before our reservation by 15-20 minutes with 2 kids in tow, including an infant. They made us wait until our exact reservation time even though the restaurant had many tables available, including several with 4 seats. They even seated folks ahead of us that showed up WITHOUT RESERVATIONS. It was rather rude and strange. Set off a bad tone and I am still not sure that we will use a reservation system. Not faulting Open Table...but this was rather ridiculous. Especially with kids in tow (very well behaved, but still...)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food except for.....LucyDined on 1/10/2014Great Irish Stew, crabcakes, fried mushrooms. One in our party had the best fried chicken livers I've ever tasted. Enjoyed (shared) 3 great desserts. Was disappointed in cole slaw. Seemed like out of a can . This is a pet peeve of mine with nicer restaurants. Also the bread didn't seem like home made. Tasted like a can biscuit. These two issues were confusing given how far they went to get the entrees right. Will probably be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMikeDined on 1/6/2014We had a very nice dinner at one of our favorite spots. The food was very tasty and the service was excellent. We have come to expect that here and have never been disappointed. we had the STEAK DIANE AND IT WAS COOKED PERFECTLY WITH A GREAT SAUCE TO BOOT. I had the garlic red skin mashed potatoes and my wife had the green beans. Both went well with the meal. Nice bottle of Merlot plus a dark chocolate topped cheese cake to top off the dinner. Good music blend in the background played so you could hear it but also have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014Every week we try to go to McGees for dinner and a show, We're rarely disappointed in either. This week as usual we arrived had a great dinner and nice evening. I've been to many restaurants and this is a very friendly and happy place with a warm welcome.Special Features:
- New Years Eve -- Not!NYeveGoerDined on 12/31/2013The food and service were good. The beer list excellent. We brought friends from Europe for the New Years Eve celebration. There wasn't any. We ate, left, went elsewhere, and wished we had not come anyway. It was a disappointment we won't repeat again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Canes5xDined on 12/21/2013One of our favorite places-never disappoints! Best cheese fries : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visit if you're in Anderson.SSmithDined on 7/10/2013Friendly staff, Great food and good prices not much more to ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrinksGeneDined on 7/6/2013The martinis left much to be desired....but, the craft beers were excellent.
- SurprisedBigDDined on 6/27/2013I thought this would be just another Irish pub. Wrong. It was so good. We shared the salmon bites, bumbershoots and coconut shrimp to start. Then, we had the whiskey steak, Bonnie blue, crabcakes and porkchops. Everything was great. The kids had pizza, buffalo tenders, quesadilla and salmon. They all loved it, too. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eagles Harbor Lunch Bunch - June 11EagleHarborDined on 6/11/2013We had 20 people attend lunch here. Many had the special (Yankee Pot Roast) and the Fish & Chips but several tried the sandwiches as well as the traditional irish fare. We were all pleasantly surprised at the ability of the kitchen to accommodate us and serve the food in a very short and professional timeframe. Everyone enjoyed their individual meals and raved about the coconut creme pie and the gingerbread bread pudding. Overall, it was a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going backbocahaDined on 5/31/2013For years, McGee's has been our go-to restaurant for a relaxing night out. We're there at least once a week for the Wednesday night trivia game - always fun. The menu provides plenty of interesting choices in a range of prices and there's usually a special offered if you've already eaten your way through the menu and are in the mood for something a little different. I can say that the special appetizer they offered during our last visit (goat cheese and caramelized onions in phyllo dough) was very tasty. The waitstaff is superb and the owners are always coming up with interesting special events. They take justifiable pride in their wine list, too. I highly recommend McGee's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McGee's in AndersonIrishPubFanDined on 5/11/2013Went to see a band I like, Emerald Road, and they didn't disappoint. Got the stew (lamb shank in gravy) and enjoyed it. Then got the Reuben which was good but way to gristly. Had to disassemble it and dissect it. Only real complaint is the inadequate beer selection. There's no excuse for that with all the great brewers around here. An Irish pub should focus on beer and not on expensive wine. Staff was friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013We had a group of seven and we had a blast. Great food, service and atmosphere. We marked it as a favorite and will make it a regular on our restaurant list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We are never disappointed at Corbett McGees. Service and food are always top-notch. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The kitchen was closing whenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013The kitchen was closing when we arrived for our 10 p.m. reservation on Fri. Mar. 15. We knew that when we booked, but were coming from a show. The waitress was very nice about telling us which appetizers were still available and we had a fine salad with our Guinness. A nice place.
- The food was good and hot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013The food was good and hot. Tastey. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2013We very much enjoyed our meal at McGee's Irish Pub. The food was excellent and Amos was an excellent server. We will dine there again soon.
- Good Food, Good Music, GREAT FUN!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We had a great time! The crab cakes were awesome, the corned beef & cabbage was amazing, and I did enjoy my Irish stew but I probably wouldn't order it again. The music was really good, the live band made it such a memorable experience. I will definitely go back again just to hear the music. That was the most fun I've had since I moved to Anderson!!!!Special Features:
- Always have good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Always have good food. Great service. Pleasant staff. great musicSpecial Features:
- We were looking for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012We were looking for a place to eat later in the evening. The owner kept the kitchen open for us. He gave us great service and was very personable. We will definitely return to McGee's the next time we are in Anderson.Special Features:
- Casual, good food ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012Casual, good food Excellent service Was early for reservation and they accommadated nicelySpecial Features: