2 Unity Alley
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccradysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8435770025x1
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm-til; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Brock
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Historic Long Room, built in 1788. Seats up to 100 guests. Our Modern Gallery Room, seats up to 100 guests. Also available, the Society Room for smaller functions. Inquire about our Chef's Table for private dinners. Inquire within for banquet package details and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sunday Tuk 8435770025x2
- Special Events: We would be happy to host your special event at our establishment. Please call us to host your next event with us.
A word from McCrady's
A dynamic amalgam of modern regional southern cuisine, with a focus on local ingredients, exceptional wines & unparalleled service are what you will find at McCrady's where Chef Sean Brock blends progressive American cuisine & modern culinary technique while giving respect to the highest quality & freshest ingredients. The comfortable, richly detailed & visually sensuous space is positioned in Charleston's first tavern built in 1771. This National Historic Landmark is located in the heart of the historic French Quarter District in downtown Charleston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
McCrady's - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
McCrady's reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (215)fit for foodies (209)romantic (172)notable wine list (158)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- YUMMYpatpDined on 8/29/2014We loved our entire meal but the steak tartare was exceptional.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014First time to mccradys and I loved it. Great food and the server was great. Loved the four course meal and the bread. Could see us coming here again of possibly goin to husk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saraDined on 8/22/2014Tastes and presentation were amazing! It exceeded my expectations and was a great choice for a special night.Special Features:
- Amazing!ClaireKellyDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I went here on our first trip to charleston for our 1st wedding anniversary. It was absolutely incredible. Our waiter was wonderful and was able to answer any question we had. The wine paired perfectly with the food which was one of the best meals I have ever had! When compared to Husk, I have to say that this was a more "special" experience. When can we go back?!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itGregGDined on 8/22/2014Great food, beautiful restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:
- 45th45thDined on 8/22/2014A dinner extraordinaire including the price. Fabulous restaurant, outstanding food, & impeccable service. It was everything we had hoped for to celebrate our 45th anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous restaurantSabrinaDined on 8/21/2014If you are an adventurous foodie, this is the place to dine in Charleston.Special Features:
- A memorable experienceJpacDined on 8/21/2014Dinner here with my wife while visiting from out of town. It was the one dining experience we will remember for a long time. Food, drinks, and service were exceptional. Started with a drink at the bar. Loved the 4 course menu that followed. Perfect. You will spend some money, but it's worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC friends impressedLuluDined on 8/19/2014We had a fabulous meal and a great experience. You are demanding at least 50 characters but I do not know why, no more are needed.Special Features:
- Great experienceHunterDined on 8/18/2014Went for dinner while on vacation. Creative menu with deliciously interesting combinations of ingredients. Definitely recommend the wine pairing with dinner. Nice bar as well and friendly, knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Great NightdixiemassDined on 8/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner at McCrady's last week. I am not usually a fan of a "set menu", (albeit, with choices), but this one was great! My husband and I each tried different appetizers, entrees, etc., and each was delicious. The wine list is also terrific. The ambiance is relaxing and the service was very good. We had been there about 7 years ago and liked it. This year, we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneDined on 8/18/2014Everything was as local as it could be, but portions are VERY small. Even with a four course tasting menu (that you must order off of), we left hungry. Seems that they are more into the appearance and presentation of their food than the taste or feeding their patrons. Friendly wait staff. extensive wine list.Special Features:
- potbellyVIPDined on 8/17/2014A gastronome's delight. Every time is a marvelous experience.Special Features:
- 4 Course HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful dining experience with great food drink & service. Start with a creative cocktail. Highly recommend the Sommelier's paired selections for some unexpected flavor sensations. My wife & I selected 8 of the 11 entrees available & regretted nothing. Best dining experience we've had since Inn at Little Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night did not disappointWendyBDined on 8/16/2014This was more delicious and romantic than we expected for our anniversary celebration. The menu on paper could not begin to indicate the spectacularly crafted and prepared dishes. Every course was a delightful surprise. The charming service provided just the right amount of discussion/description, and southern hospitality abodes at all levels. The historic building and location combined with an upscale/updated decor to provide a perfect backdrop for our perfect evening. Simply, classically excellent.Special Features:
- Great four course mealJennyBDined on 8/16/2014This was my first time dining at McCrady's. The restaurant offers a nice four course menu (with roughly three choices per course) and great cocktail and wine menus. The restaurant is very nice and the service and presentation was great. Had I known that it was a four course meal before I went, I would have come with a bigger appetite, but the timing of the courses and the portion size helped. If you are looking for an dining experience in Charleston, go to McCrady's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCLTguyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food along with great service. Very knowledgable and friendly staff. Expect to stay for a while as it takes time to go through four courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodaholicVIPDined on 8/16/2014As usual, the food was outstanding. Some good choices expertly prepared. That said, I was disappointed to find the only offering was the four course menu. The ALS carte menue was no longer available. Since a four course meal was too much to eat before going to an evening concert, we were able to negotiate a smaller offering, but the change was disappointing. I hope they will reconsider their offerings and will check before making a future reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Charleston's best.Zane97Dined on 8/15/2014Prix Fixe is prefect. Matt, (server) one of the best service experiences I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencefoodloverDined on 8/15/2014Delicious! Beautiful! What a truly wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- KACEDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful plates, perfect portions for a 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional Dining ExperienceOmarVIPDined on 8/14/2014Our dinner at McCrady's was an outstanding experience. The staff was extremely friendly as well as knowledgeable about the food, the preparation, and was able to answer questions regarding similar tastes. Regarding the food, the Chef's special bread was to die for and each course was full of flavor and provided just the right amount of food so that one would be full at the end of the meal, but not overly so. With each course, the staff would explain what the item was as well as how it was prepared. The entire experience was truly fantastic. I highly recommend McCrady's to anyone who is looking for a high end dining experience in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Excellent Wine PairingsJimRestonDined on 8/12/2014We were visiting Charleston and were able to dine at McCrady's. They are very focused on local foods and present a limited four course menu that changes with the seasons and the chef's preferences. Each course is always a mix of different tastes and textures well presented on the plate. Perhaps the most surprising aspect of the meal were the wine pairing. Most of the party would not have picked many of the wines to drink separately; however, paired with each dish, they were simply amazing. Hats off to the chef and the sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional servicesusanDined on 8/12/2014The food was interesting although we did not find it to be exceptional. The service was wonderful however and the restaurant was lovely.Special Features:
- Excellent Date NightEJB1995Dined on 8/11/2014Absolutely an a great date night restaurant. Menu a little too foodie but overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to RememberTJD2VIPDined on 8/11/2014I wanted to find a special place for dinner with my wife on her first visit to Charleston. McCrady's was it and it did not disappoint. From its quaint location down a small alley in the French Quarter, to the exposed brick and beautiful art work, to the creative cocktails, to the attentive and knowledgeable but not smothering wait staff - the experience was perfect. Dinner was a four course menu with various choices for each course. Each choice sounded wonderful and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Fresh ingredients and combined with innovative approaches to familiar dishes made for one amazing experience after another. Truly an unforgettable evening. Go make your own memories!Special Features:
- Skip it!KphjrVIPDined on 8/10/2014McCrady's was our consolation 'prize' for not being able to get a reservation at Husk. The location is central to downtown Charleston and the restaurant venue is very warm and inviting. Its interior decor suggests it is a steakhouse. The service was excellent and each participant in the tasting menu worked hard to explain in detail each dish and wine served. Unfortunately, it's food did not live up to our expectations. Each dish seemed overly complicated with too many varied and rare ingredients in each. Out of 8 dishes for my wife and I, only three did we find good, although still not worthy of returning for. We wished that we had not wasted one of our three nights in Charleston on this choice.
- Glenn WgmanDined on 8/9/2014McCrady's is the ultimate dining experience. They were aware of our anniversary since I had mentioned it on my Open Table reservation and served a special desert and drink. Their attention to detail is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Romantic Date NightagentguerryDined on 8/9/2014Its 4 course, monthly menu. Everything was perfect, the food, the service, ambiance.Special Features:
- HannahHannahDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful food and ambiance, beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Just wow!CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/7/2014I had dinner at the highest rated restaurant in Atlanta just a few days before our night at McCrady's and therefore was in a position to compare the two in close proximity. i would choose McCrady's any day. We were seated in a bricked alcove off the bar -- cozy, quiet and just lovely. The dining room was a good bit livelier if that's what you like. Cocktails were sublime. Wine list is well-done -- something for everyone. Food was sublime. It's a four-course prix fixe; therefore, portions are appropriately small. First course of white shrimp with tomato broth was a highlight, as was the fish courses of snapper and grouper, and a duo of pork as a main. Peach tart with sorbet was best dessert. Service impeccable! We will be back.Special Features:
- HypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Didn't live up to the hype. Maybe Sean should go check on hisSpecial Features:
- Fantastic and uniqueAmyLDined on 8/6/2014The four course meal was perfectly portioned and mouth watering. Most if not all ingredients from local farms. Delightful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty but missing somethingRFWSSIDined on 8/6/2014My friend and I had a very pleasant time dining here. The restaurant is beautiful, being situated in an historic building with exposed brick, vaulted ceilings and grand fireplaces. The service was excellent with an attentive and knowledgable waiter (Kyle). The menu is prix fixe, offering four courses. Each of the courses was creative, very pretty, and created with local produce, meats and seafood. Presentation of the food was impeccable. However, the overall palette pleasing aspects of the courses was lacking somewhat. Among other things, the Berkshire pork loin was dry and inundated by smoke and the snapper was dry. Great effort has been put into presentation of the food, but overall I left feeling that form won out over substance.
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We recently spent 3 nights in Charleston. We also dined at Cru Café and Peninsula Grill. All offer a different dining experience and I don't think it is fair to directly compare these restaurants. However, my wife and I agree that our dinner at McCrady's was outstanding and easily the best dining experience of our trip. The 4 course fixed price menu ($65 per person) was an excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative foodblueskiesVIPDined on 8/5/2014This Sean Brock restaurant is most creative in all the presentations. Combinations of ingredients is amazing and very interesting. The staff is excellent at describing each dish. I was disappointed in the lack of low country dishes. Also, the prix fix only menu is somewhat limited. An alacarte menu would have been preferable to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creativity PersonifiedlovecuisineVIPDined on 8/3/2014The cuisine at McCrady's is by far some of the most interesting and flavorful dishes we have had anywhere. Their wine list is excellent and the ambiance is captivating. If you are foodie - you don't want to miss McCrady's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in charlestonnantucketislandVIPDined on 8/1/2014While there are many options for a very good dinner - there is only one for a great dinner. This is it.Special Features:
- Incomparable dining experience!Hartford4LunchDined on 8/1/2014Cannot overstate the quality of this dining experience. Food compares to Eleven Madison Park, Daniel, etc. Each dish was expertly prepared and presented....finishing broths/sauces in test tubes were a unique and enjoyable touch. The kitchen/staff professionally and pleasantly catered to our 10 and 12 year olds. Excellent quality buttered pasta for one child, and an al a carte steak for the other, both reasonably priced. We have been fortunate to enjoy many Charleston restaurants during annual visits over the past 20 years - we've tried them all. I cannot imagine a return to Charleston that does not include McGrady's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special timesEddyslpDined on 7/31/2014I had great experience, food was absolutely great, service was completely friendly, I 'me not a wine expert and our waitress help us picking a great choice. To the average person this is one great choice to take your special one for a special dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.