McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
One East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Chicago
- Phone: 3129237226x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Po Wang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks on Chicago's Wacker Drive is conveniently located in the Loop, just minutes away from Chicago Theater, Oriental Theater, Millennium Park, various shopping areas and some of Chicago's best hotels. In the summer, enjoy our beautiful outdoor patio and seating area with wonderful views of the river.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.) reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (42)romantic (38)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (21)scenic view (18)late-night find (9)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Business luncheatsgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014I conducted a business lunch/interview at the Wacker Drive location in Chicago. It was private enough to have a confidential discussion while also having a nice atmosphere. Good food, great service, very convenient location. Very appropriate for my needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchraviVIPDined on 10/16/2014Loved as always the salad and fresh fish taco's , my business guest loved the burger too.Special Features:
- ChicaGwenDined on 10/15/2014Always predictable in terms of service and ambiance; always a pleasant surprise with menu selection, healthy alternatives that are fun to eat. With these things covered, it's easy to have a lovely lunch, enjoying the company, and even looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:
- McCormick & Schmick LunchHonestEaterDined on 10/15/2014Food was pretty tasty. Didn't realize, however, that the entree I ordered was more of a fish stew than a piece of fish with toppings. Obviously, this was my fault for not asking. So, I really can't be hard on the venue. But, it did impact my experience.Special Features:
- Seafood!PattiVIPDined on 10/15/2014Consistently great options for lunch and fresh seafood items.Special Features:
- good variety of seafoodtabughDined on 10/12/2014Loved that there were so many options for seafood, each one sounding tastier than the other. Though the juices were way overpriced for what they were, they went nicely with the fish. Very nice ambiance, great for date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakLynnDined on 10/11/2014I ordered the Ribeye and wanted it extra crispy on the outside but Medium Rare inside. It came out exactly the way I asked for it and it was very juicy and delicous! The brocolli was not overcooked but was seasoned with a terragon or a sage so I didn't care for it as much. I also enjoyed the blue crab and corn chowder, rich and creamy. My server was very professional and prompt with her service. I really enjoyed this visit and will be back when I come back to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014I've dined here many times - mostly for lunch - both indoors and out. The service is always cordial and efficient, the food always terrific. And a very good value for the quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Very small portions for the cost. Drinks mostly all ice. Server did not tell of the specials of the day. For a downtown location would expect better professional approach. A lot of tables available but seemed to be rushed. In and out of the restaurant within 40 mins. To much money for the service and amount of food and drink given.
- Great dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Pricy menu and small portions. But the food tasts great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food was pretty good, the only problem it took forever to get a drink at our table and then for someone to check if we needed another.Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I enjoyed my first experience at McCormick & Schmick's; I will dine there again. The food was good; I had lobster and steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewdiningdivasDined on 9/29/2014A friend and I met there for lunch and dined outside. The experience was great and the food and service was excellent. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and eat there again.Special Features:
- poor service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Overall bad experience. Service was horrible. Waiter had no regard for table. Slow night and food was still extremely long wait. Very disappointed with McCormick Schmick. Will not be dinning there again for a long time.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Never got our bread and had to ask for drink refills. Very disappointed! !
- moniDined on 9/27/2014Great place to eat. I was surprised with the reasonally price menu.Special Features:
- Down a notch or two from last timeDanteVIPDined on 9/27/2014Was in a convenient location to our hotel while at a convention and I was tired so tried it again. Poor service - inattentive, kept dropping things and seemed to be as green as the salad. Food was mehhh. This is a great food city, will have to try something else close to our hotel for the next time.
- Nothing specialLizKDined on 9/27/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were good, but not good enough for me to return.
- great view and servicejechelleDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent, recommend the stuffed salmon and lobster bisque. Excellent service with great viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvablecheesemeDined on 9/20/2014The service was lovely the feel of the entire place was soothing and some how my bf likes the cheese sauce more then ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantAnniversaryDinnerDined on 9/19/2014Had a nice booth which was very quiet and intimate, waiter was attentive and helpful, food was well prepared and presented. Did not have a wait for a table on a Friday night, however we ate on the early sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I thought the staff was very attenetive and made sure we had privacy for our pre-lunch meeting at the table.Special Features:
- ChiJudgeDined on 9/13/2014We had a great meal. The restaurant was not crowded. Our server, Travis was very attentive. Our meals were excellent: arrived promptly and were hot. I had a great martini which the bartender made exactly in accordance with my specifications. The ambiance is pleasant and low-key and we were able to have a conversation. The manager came by and checked with us to make sure we were satisfied which was a nice touch. Overall, this was a really good dining experience.Special Features:
- mpf1VIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent location, right in the heart of Chicago. Easy walking distance from most hotels. Staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was hot, tasty and very well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatingGreatDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed this resturant very much...good meal and comfort for my beautiful wife and I....will returnSpecial Features:
- wouldnt go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Have been here severalmtimes in the apst couple ofmyears, and each time was less pleased. Food was average at best, and the service was not so good. Our waiter seemed like he was in a huge hurry to get us out of the restaurant. I had a group of about 14 people, and most said they probably wouldn't go back. Too expensive for the quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Great restaurant for cellebrating special occasions. Menu items of certain types of seafood that you cant get in most places is readily available here. Loved all those seafood options.Special Features:
- Leisurely dinner before concerttobyDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had dinner here recently; cocktails and wine selection were excellent. I had oysters and chopped salad and my wife had mahi mahi; both very good. Service was attentive yet relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place as alwaysfoodloverDined on 9/9/2014Good atmosphere and food. The place was almost empty at noon on a Wednesday. But the standards remained high.Special Features:
- A pleasant lunch experience!!!PhillipMichaelVIPDined on 9/7/2014Each time that I have visited the restaurant, the waiters have been exceptionally attentive! I always look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014Service inattention and errors too numerous to mention. When salad was delivered, I was asked if I wanted ground pepper. I answered in the affirmative. I was half way through the salad when server reappeared, and I told him I was still waiting for the pepper. Wine was delivered after half the entrees were consumed, although they had been ordered to be server with the entrees. My brother ordered three oysters, and one was very bad. When the waiter was notified, he replaced the one bad oyster, but offered nothing else. The check was not offered until fifteen minutes after Irish coffees had been finished, and then only when we asked another waiter to fetch our server.
- DecentraviVIPDined on 9/5/2014Chopped salad was not as good as past visits and added tomato or something acidic that through off the flavor profile and lacked the olive ratio that made if previously wonderful. The Sizzling fish was good , without the tortilla just a nice clean taste and was decent. Service was ok, better service on past visits.
- Glad we went here!32yearsandcountingDined on 9/4/2014We spent a few days in Chicago to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We made reservations at McCormick & Schmick's for dinner one of the nights. We were running late and called and they were very helpful with delaying our reservation for a half hour. The restaurant décor is very elegant. The location was perfect for us, only a block from where we were staying. The staff was very friendly. The meals that my wife and I had were both very good. I would recommend ordering their Creamed Spinach, it was the best that I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceRedredwineDined on 8/27/2014Normally MCCormick and Schmidt is a good place to take clients. This time the steaks were salty,several of the entrees were not available and the waitress did not know the menu. We ordered a few items without butter or sauce and they were not prepared as asked. Disappointing experience .Special Features:
- In declineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014M&S quality has really declined over the past several years. The appearance and flavors are Foodservice - low end quality. Thinking - what's on my plate came out if a can, overuse of butter and batters and just plain bland. This is consistent whether in KC, LA or Chicago. With all the other choices available In these cities. - I will no longer choose M&S.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was okay, though I was hoping for a little more from a Landry's restaurant. I won't go back, considering the price for the quality and quantity. The hostess didn't greet us upon arrival and the waiter seemed more interested in socializing with the other staff and preparing the outside seating for the later crowd (we ate at 530 and it had just stopped raining). Place seemed to full of themselves considering the "experience" we had.Special Features:
- Nice and GoodKenfalDined on 8/22/2014Nice place to go for Good food. Enjoyed sitting outside on such a beautiful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodie13Dined on 8/22/2014We went here for a Friday night dinner. Service was fantastic and the food was even better. We sat outside because it was such a nice night. I had the sea scallops and they were beyond tasty. My SO had the oysters and seafood plate - he had no complaints. I would definitely recommend this to someone who wants to get some fantastic seafood in the north loop area.Special Features:
- Good food.Waiter was not attentive.CdcidDined on 8/22/2014Disappointintimg for an anniversary dinner.Definitely a miss as far as service.We never got asked for refills to our drinks during our 1+ hrs sitting & waiting for our meal to arrive.The Malbec was good but had no chance to order more. After our meal finally arrived our waiter quickly came by &asked us how everything was.He answered "good" for us &walked away.We did not even get the chance to answer!Other than that,we didn't see him again except to give us the check. It was not that busy either. After we got our bill &it was realized we were Landry Club members a mgr? came & asked how everything was & did not do anything or apologize for the slow service. She just acknowledged slowness. They must be used to same customer comments!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014We had salmon and it was excellent. Grilled to Perfection. The Flourless Chocolate cake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.