McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
One East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Chicago
- Phone: 3129237226x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Po Wang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks on Chicago's Wacker Drive is conveniently located in the Loop, just minutes away from Chicago Theater, Oriental Theater, Millennium Park, various shopping areas and some of Chicago's best hotels. In the summer, enjoy our beautiful outdoor patio and seating area with wonderful views of the river.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.) reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)great for outdoor dining (55)good for groups (39)romantic (37)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (25)scenic view (21)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- ChiJudgeDined on 9/13/2014We had a great meal. The restaurant was not crowded. Our server, Travis was very attentive. Our meals were excellent: arrived promptly and were hot. I had a great martini which the bartender made exactly in accordance with my specifications. The ambiance is pleasant and low-key and we were able to have a conversation. The manager came by and checked with us to make sure we were satisfied which was a nice touch. Overall, this was a really good dining experience.Special Features:
- mpf1VIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent location, right in the heart of Chicago. Easy walking distance from most hotels. Staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was hot, tasty and very well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Great restaurant for cellebrating special occasions. Menu items of certain types of seafood that you cant get in most places is readily available here. Loved all those seafood options.Special Features:
- Leisurely dinner before concerttobyDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had dinner here recently; cocktails and wine selection were excellent. I had oysters and chopped salad and my wife had mahi mahi; both very good. Service was attentive yet relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place as alwaysfoodloverDined on 9/9/2014Good atmosphere and food. The place was almost empty at noon on a Wednesday. But the standards remained high.Special Features:
- A pleasant lunch experience!!!PhillipMichaelVIPDined on 9/7/2014Each time that I have visited the restaurant, the waiters have been exceptionally attentive! I always look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014Service inattention and errors too numerous to mention. When salad was delivered, I was asked if I wanted ground pepper. I answered in the affirmative. I was half way through the salad when server reappeared, and I told him I was still waiting for the pepper. Wine was delivered after half the entrees were consumed, although they had been ordered to be server with the entrees. My brother ordered three oysters, and one was very bad. When the waiter was notified, he replaced the one bad oyster, but offered nothing else. The check was not offered until fifteen minutes after Irish coffees had been finished, and then only when we asked another waiter to fetch our server.
- DecentraviVIPDined on 9/5/2014Chopped salad was not as good as past visits and added tomato or something acidic that through off the flavor profile and lacked the olive ratio that made if previously wonderful. The Sizzling fish was good , without the tortilla just a nice clean taste and was decent. Service was ok, better service on past visits.
- Glad we went here!32yearsandcountingDined on 9/4/2014We spent a few days in Chicago to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We made reservations at McCormick & Schmick's for dinner one of the nights. We were running late and called and they were very helpful with delaying our reservation for a half hour. The restaurant décor is very elegant. The location was perfect for us, only a block from where we were staying. The staff was very friendly. The meals that my wife and I had were both very good. I would recommend ordering their Creamed Spinach, it was the best that I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceRedredwineDined on 8/27/2014Normally MCCormick and Schmidt is a good place to take clients. This time the steaks were salty,several of the entrees were not available and the waitress did not know the menu. We ordered a few items without butter or sauce and they were not prepared as asked. Disappointing experience .Special Features:
- In declineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014M&S quality has really declined over the past several years. The appearance and flavors are Foodservice - low end quality. Thinking - what's on my plate came out if a can, overuse of butter and batters and just plain bland. This is consistent whether in KC, LA or Chicago. With all the other choices available In these cities. - I will no longer choose M&S.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was okay, though I was hoping for a little more from a Landry's restaurant. I won't go back, considering the price for the quality and quantity. The hostess didn't greet us upon arrival and the waiter seemed more interested in socializing with the other staff and preparing the outside seating for the later crowd (we ate at 530 and it had just stopped raining). Place seemed to full of themselves considering the "experience" we had.Special Features:
- Nice and GoodKenfalDined on 8/22/2014Nice place to go for Good food. Enjoyed sitting outside on such a beautiful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodie13Dined on 8/22/2014We went here for a Friday night dinner. Service was fantastic and the food was even better. We sat outside because it was such a nice night. I had the sea scallops and they were beyond tasty. My SO had the oysters and seafood plate - he had no complaints. I would definitely recommend this to someone who wants to get some fantastic seafood in the north loop area.Special Features:
- Good food.Waiter was not attentive.CdcidDined on 8/22/2014Disappointintimg for an anniversary dinner.Definitely a miss as far as service.We never got asked for refills to our drinks during our 1+ hrs sitting & waiting for our meal to arrive.The Malbec was good but had no chance to order more. After our meal finally arrived our waiter quickly came by &asked us how everything was.He answered "good" for us &walked away.We did not even get the chance to answer!Other than that,we didn't see him again except to give us the check. It was not that busy either. After we got our bill &it was realized we were Landry Club members a mgr? came & asked how everything was & did not do anything or apologize for the slow service. She just acknowledged slowness. They must be used to same customer comments!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014We had salmon and it was excellent. Grilled to Perfection. The Flourless Chocolate cake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentcristykinsDined on 8/21/2014The glasses were soap streaked, the lobster bisque was salty and warm, the kids marinara sauce was spicy from too much garlic. I won't return to this restaurant.
- Globalement bonne expérienceLoudecDined on 8/19/2014Restaurant toujours égales à lui même, bonne variété, cuisson impeccable selon les exigences du client et liste des vins correcte. Déçus de constater cependant que 2 items au menue (plat principale et dessert) que nma conjointe à commandé ne sont plus disponible. InacceptableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealElisBrasilDined on 8/17/2014I had the chef's special dinner with the parmesan crusted tilapia. Everything was very good. My friend was able to order her meal without oil or butter, as she's on a special diet. I also liked the quiet atmosphere. It was easy to talk. This is not a quick in and out place. It takes a little time to get food. Next time I would allow an hour and a half for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencehoneymoonerDined on 8/16/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we were greeted kindly and seated friendly the waiter treated us graciously but most important the service and food was tremendously spectacular this is not just a place you will eat at but this place will provide you with an unforgettable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!RomanticDined on 8/16/2014Great food and good ambiance. Romantic!!! The service was excellent, the waiter defiantly knew the products and explained everything in detail prior to ordering anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So Service - Not My First ChoiceNDLeeDined on 8/15/2014I've been here a number of times before with fine experience. Most recently, we had a 10 person family dinner for my mother's birthday. Overall, the staff needed a service lesson for fine dining. The hostess missed her core function of being polite & welcoming. Our server was insulting with his incredulity at us having dined there before. Each time food came out, men were served first. This particularly rubbed my father the wrong way, to the point that he asked for the women to be served first. The server gave him a confused & affronted look, but proceeded to do so. Lastly, no one cleared plates. We had empty oyster, appetizer & bread plates while eating our entrees. We had to flag people down to ask them to clear things.Special Features:
- great Kobe burgerKobeburgerDined on 8/8/2014Food was great. Service too. Prices are okay. I've heard their dinners are great as well. I ate at the bar late night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAW01VIPDined on 8/8/2014Three for lunch. One entrée was input wrong and thus we received the wrong item. It was handled quickly and was acknowledged by the manager. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- love the seafoodPattiVIPDined on 8/7/2014My first choice for seafood at lunch is McCormick & Schmick's on Wacker. Great menu, fresh seafood and service is always friendly and attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Sauces too saltygregDined on 8/5/2014Bordelaise thinnish. Mushroom and spinach combo incredibly salty. Salmon steak too salty. Mussel appetizer very good. Could be better and then worth the hype, otherwise, not so much.Special Features:
- Poorly handledJayJayDined on 8/2/2014We made an 11 pm reservation and due to difficulty getting a cab from hotel, we showed up 5 mins late and were told tough luck, last seating was at 11 pm. No offer to take care of us in the future or pay for the cab. Only after voicing our displeasure for some length of time, did they offer to pay the $12 cab fare. This idea was not their suggestion but ours. We rejected the money as it seemed to be offered only to get rid of us. We were told steakhouse down the block was open until 12 midnight - it was NOT. They seemed only interested in telling us NO and getting us out so they could go home. Extremely disappointed - no sense of customer service at all.
- Won't eat here again.Anne21799Dined on 8/2/2014We ate here several years ago when we were in town and loved it. This time was a different story. Our service was TERRIBLY slow, and they were not busy at all. The patio was pretty full, but inside they were practically empty. It took a very long time to get our orders taken, then even longer to get served, even our drinks took a long time. My medium rare steak was medium/medium well, and my creme brûlée was burnt on the top. Instead of the golden brown crunchy top, it was blackened and tasted like burnt sugar. We will not eat here again, nor will we recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Our waitress was terrific. Friendly sense of humor attentive!!! Made for a very wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food- bad serviceZoeyinChiVIPDined on 8/1/2014Took almost one hour to get our lunch after ordering- very few tables occupied but server never checked on us and brought us the wrong entrees. Once we received our lunch the food was good- but poor service. What happens when they are busy??Special Features:
- Awesome!233dineVIPDined on 7/31/2014McCormick's is located in my office building and as a result it is very convenient. Recently, Jimmy arranged for us to have cocktails and appetizers after work on the outdoor patio. We really enjoyed it. The appetizers were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , staff and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Great place to dine prior to a show at the Chicago theatre or the Goodman Theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before a showJerryVIPDined on 7/27/2014Always enjoy their food and service. Have eaten in their restaurants in other parts of the county, always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time visit and many more to beHvtheF1shDined on 7/26/2014My flounder was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. d her service was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Definitely Be Back!TheKiKiDined on 7/23/2014This is where you get it all ... ambiance, great food, excellent service! It was Girls Day in the City and we had lunch here. We all raved about our food (best crab cake I've ever had) and the wine was excellent. We were so cozy in our booth we didn't want to leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around badthisguy1870Dined on 7/22/2014I've eaten at M&S many times with mixed results. This time almost every aspect of the experience was bad. It took over 15 minutes to get our drinks at a table for 2. When they did come the Olives had blue cheese which I specifically asked for plain. He immediately remembered I asked for plain. The person I was having dinner with liked blue cheese so she had them while he said he would go get me some plain ones for my martini. He never came back with them. Getting drinks in general took forever and the restaurant was far from busy. The crabcake was a wet mushy thing. Should have been a bit dryer and seared better. My salmon on the McCormick trio was raw and slimy. The Lobster Bisque was amazing though.Special Features:
- OutstandingWolverineVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great menu including terrific fresh fish dishes highlight this very affordable downtown dining experience. On the spot service and caring staff complete a nice pre-theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOrangebirdDined on 7/19/2014The service was excellent, reservation as requested, and the view while sitting at the outdoor table was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food - Bad servicejcccDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food in an amazing location. We sat outside on the patio which was perfect to unwind after the work week. However, the service was beyond slow. We were there for 2 hours which was completely unintentional as we had somewhere to be. It took about 25 minutes just to get our first drink. I completely understand waiting a decent amount of time for well prepared food, but the time between taking our drink order, taking our app order, and taking our dinner order was INSANELY long. The service was just poor overall which basically ruined our time. I would love to try the menu again, but don't have the time to risk that quality of service again.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Lunch ExperienceMzKimiDined on 7/17/2014I've dined at McCormick & Schmick's on several occasions. I'm so glad it was on my radar when I was researching restaurants where a friend and I could meet for lunch. As it turns out, she's been to McCormick & Schmick's a number of times, too. Neither one of us had been in quite some time. Our lunch experience was great! We're looking forward to going back soon. The lunch menu was diverse and the price is right. The food was delicious and the customer service was great from the moment we walked in. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.