McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
One East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Chicago
- Phone: (312) 923-7226
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Po Wang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.)
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks on Chicago's Wacker Drive is conveniently located in the Loop, just minutes away from Chicago Theater, Oriental Theater, Millennium Park, various shopping areas and some of Chicago's best hotels. In the summer, enjoy our beautiful outdoor patio and seating area with wonderful views of the river.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago (Wacker Dr.) reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (49)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (36)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (25)scenic view (24)late-night find (12)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014Food was fair. Not what we expected for a fine dining restaurant. Portions small and cold. fish was flavorless. Even the coffee was cold. Not a good experience and we won't be backSpecial Features:
- Yummy seafoodPattiVIPDined on 11/24/2014Food and service is always superb! I eat lunch there every month and always look forward to the different ypes of seafood and the lunch specials are always a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedBeanDined on 11/22/2014We had a 6:30 reservation because we knew the place would be busy after the parade. We were seated, given menus and forgotten for about 10 minutes. We placed our drink and dinner order together, eventually got water and waited forever for the salad. We were half-way through the salad and the entrees came to the table. No need to go back.
- Poor experience this past weekendTEverettDined on 11/21/2014I've eaten at the East Wacker Dr. McCormick and Schmick's in Chicago approximately six times. I can say with certainty that this past weekend's experience was by far the worst experience I have had in all my visits. The food and service were fair, at best. There were seven people in our party, and due to the fact that it was Friday night in downtown Chicago, we understand that service may be a little slower than expected. What we weren't prepared for was that two of our meals were so poorly prepared. This is a seafood restaurant, so we were very disappointed in two of the fish dishes we ordered. Personally, my pretzel covered walleye was barely warm and not seasoned well. The result was a very bland and "cold" dish. Not what I was hoping for after the waiter highly recommended it at forty dollars a plate . Another member of our party ordered the crusted tilapia and only ate a few bites. She said it was overly smothered in butter and way too salty. We were both planning on telling the waiter, but it was so long before he came back to the table that we just accepted it and said nothing. I was then expecting that when they picked up our plates and saw that neither dish had hardly been touched, they might ask if the meal was okay. They did do this, but did ask if we would like a "to go" container. When my party member responded, "I wouldn't want to take that home," we were surprised, and to be honest, expecting some sort of a response. We got nothing. We had planned on staying for coffee, dessert & drinks, but at this point we decided against it. We instead paid the check, tipped the staff 20%, and went down the block for coffee, desert, & a few drinks. I can say that I am not a complainer and rarely write negative reviews on websites. This entire experience was too unfortunate to just let go, especially since no one even asked about food or service. I'm simply disappointed and will not be going back to McCormick and Schmick's anytime soon.
- Great Place for a Dinner with FriendsLeoJDined on 11/20/2014We had a wonderful time. The service was great. We and are friends all left having had a great meal in a setting conducive for our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Calamari and Parmesan Flounder were both overcooked. Enjoyed the orzo and stir fry vegetables. Apple pie was delicious.
- Great place for steaks and seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Had a great dinner there the other night with my wife. The atmosphere is very nice and the waiting stuff, including the GM, was awesome. My wide had a stuffed salmon, which was very good and I had an amazing swordfish casino. Highly recommendable - especially since pricing is not cheap, but very good value for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Responsive to location requestShermanDined on 11/9/2014My group of six from outside Chicago wanted conversation-friendly seating and were pleasantly obliged.Special Features:
- Pesto Salmon ragotoniveteranartistDined on 11/9/2014The pasta was cooked to perfection (not gummy, not over cooked), there was ample sauce to cover everything. The color was inviting and the salmon was cut into nice size chunks. There was enough Salmon to have samples in every bite of food. I even had some to take to work the next day and make peoples' mouth water in the break room. The pink flesh against the green pesto looked like a portrait in my plate.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant Experience Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014This was excellent, the food was perfect. The chef came to check on us personally and the wine was delicious. Our waitress Madison was very attentive but not over beAring & lbelped us with choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans / Military red CarpetEATnDined on 11/9/2014The Staff, menu and entire experience was a "red carpet" level deal. I will be back !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDburnVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very good! The waiter was very attentive but was not knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/7/2014Started with the mussels, which were ok; they were served in a shallow bowl & lacked sauce. The crab & corn chowder was very good. I had the strip filet and my husband had the cashew crusted tilapia. The steak was cooked properly and seasoned just right. The tilapia was a hit. Finished with the Crème Brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket ListdimplesDined on 11/7/2014A place you go to once, so you can say you've been there. The menu choices were interesting, but when the food arrived, mussels appetizer was small and not tasty, entrees were great, but sides were nonexistent or bland. Atmosphere was good, but service was poor, no utensils were brought out for mussels and a wine glass was grabbed near the end.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!!MDXFoodieDined on 11/6/2014My coworkers and I really enjoyed everything about this place! The decor was stylish & the atmosphere was extremely relaxing at lunchtime. Our server, Thomas, was especially courteous & very attentive!! He asked if we were celebrating a special occasion & set out to make our experience memorable. There was a vast menu selection & the prices were reasonable. The clam chowder & lobster mashed potatoes were group favorites, and the blackened tilapia & salmon sauté were equally delicious. The presentation of all the meals was superb! After we finished our meal, the manager William, came to greet us and ensure we were satisfied. Very nice touch!! The ambiance, food, service & management are all reasons that we'll be returning real soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our server's name was Erin. She was so personal and on top of everything. Probably one of the best we've had. The cocktails were wonderful. The food was good. We weren't thrilled with the shrimp cocktail as it seemed very dry. We ordered the stuffed salmon, the salmon was hot but the potatoes underneath were warm almost cold. The other entrée we ordered was very hot and cooked to perfection. We didn't send anything back or complain as it is not our style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Great Service AWESOME!TRoc87Dined on 10/29/2014Came here for a birthday dinner for my Girlfriend! We were immediately greeted by the host who was AMAZING, she welcomed us and made us feel special just by having a great personality. Our server was very nice and knowledgeable about the food and recommended the AWESOME shrimp kisses appetizer. My girlfriend was totally shocked as they personalized the menu to read happy birthday with her name. I think the little thoughts and gestures like that make the experience and they didn't fall short. Great service great food great environment can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- graziosoDined on 10/27/2014Outstanding and interesting presentation and taste. Server a bit affected in her voice and attention. Overall, however, I would certainly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014Comfortable environment, nice seafood selection and great martinis are only the start - they also have one of the better steaks in downtown Chicago. They aren't doing anything avant-garde here, but they always do a really good job with excellent service.Special Features:
- Business luncheatsgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014I conducted a business lunch/interview at the Wacker Drive location in Chicago. It was private enough to have a confidential discussion while also having a nice atmosphere. Good food, great service, very convenient location. Very appropriate for my needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchraviVIPDined on 10/16/2014Loved as always the salad and fresh fish taco's , my business guest loved the burger too.Special Features:
- ChicaGwenDined on 10/15/2014Always predictable in terms of service and ambiance; always a pleasant surprise with menu selection, healthy alternatives that are fun to eat. With these things covered, it's easy to have a lovely lunch, enjoying the company, and even looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:
- McCormick & Schmick LunchHonestEaterDined on 10/15/2014Food was pretty tasty. Didn't realize, however, that the entree I ordered was more of a fish stew than a piece of fish with toppings. Obviously, this was my fault for not asking. So, I really can't be hard on the venue. But, it did impact my experience.Special Features:
- Seafood!PattiVIPDined on 10/15/2014Consistently great options for lunch and fresh seafood items.Special Features:
- good variety of seafoodtabughDined on 10/12/2014Loved that there were so many options for seafood, each one sounding tastier than the other. Though the juices were way overpriced for what they were, they went nicely with the fish. Very nice ambiance, great for date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakLynnDined on 10/11/2014I ordered the Ribeye and wanted it extra crispy on the outside but Medium Rare inside. It came out exactly the way I asked for it and it was very juicy and delicous! The brocolli was not overcooked but was seasoned with a terragon or a sage so I didn't care for it as much. I also enjoyed the blue crab and corn chowder, rich and creamy. My server was very professional and prompt with her service. I really enjoyed this visit and will be back when I come back to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014I've dined here many times - mostly for lunch - both indoors and out. The service is always cordial and efficient, the food always terrific. And a very good value for the quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Very small portions for the cost. Drinks mostly all ice. Server did not tell of the specials of the day. For a downtown location would expect better professional approach. A lot of tables available but seemed to be rushed. In and out of the restaurant within 40 mins. To much money for the service and amount of food and drink given.
- Great dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Pricy menu and small portions. But the food tasts great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food was pretty good, the only problem it took forever to get a drink at our table and then for someone to check if we needed another.Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I enjoyed my first experience at McCormick & Schmick's; I will dine there again. The food was good; I had lobster and steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewdiningdivasDined on 9/29/2014A friend and I met there for lunch and dined outside. The experience was great and the food and service was excellent. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and eat there again.Special Features:
- poor service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Overall bad experience. Service was horrible. Waiter had no regard for table. Slow night and food was still extremely long wait. Very disappointed with McCormick Schmick. Will not be dinning there again for a long time.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Never got our bread and had to ask for drink refills. Very disappointed! !
- moniDined on 9/27/2014Great place to eat. I was surprised with the reasonally price menu.Special Features:
- Down a notch or two from last timeDanteVIPDined on 9/27/2014Was in a convenient location to our hotel while at a convention and I was tired so tried it again. Poor service - inattentive, kept dropping things and seemed to be as green as the salad. Food was mehhh. This is a great food city, will have to try something else close to our hotel for the next time.
- Nothing specialLizKDined on 9/27/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were good, but not good enough for me to return.
- great view and servicejechelleDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent, recommend the stuffed salmon and lobster bisque. Excellent service with great viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvablecheesemeDined on 9/20/2014The service was lovely the feel of the entire place was soothing and some how my bf likes the cheese sauce more then ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantAnniversaryDinnerDined on 9/19/2014Had a nice booth which was very quiet and intimate, waiter was attentive and helpful, food was well prepared and presented. Did not have a wait for a table on a Friday night, however we ate on the early sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.