McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
211 Market Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23462Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (757) 687-8686
- Hours of Operation:
Serving: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Ianni
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
Our extensive menu changes daily depending on each day's fresh seafood deliveries & in keeping with the McCormick & Schmick's tradition of offering only the freshest seafood available in season. With more than 80 preparations available, with a wide range of steaks, poultry, & vegetarian entrees on our menu each day, every guest is sure to find something to satisfy their palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (53)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (31)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (27)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- DisappointedBryanVIPDined on 11/21/2014Disappointing experience. Landry properties are usually good. This one is not. The service was terrible. Wait staff completely ignored us for over 30 minutes at a time, forgot our request for more water, bread, etc., then argued with us when reminded. Numerous fantastic resturants in Virginia Beach Towncenter area--go to one of them! You'll be much happier.
- stellar serviceJenniDined on 11/19/2014This was a pre-wedding date night for my fiancé and I. We were going to a show at the Sandler Center and having dinner. Nick, our wait or and so much more, made it a point to ask if we were going to the show and to make sure we were on time. The food was amazing and it speaks for itself but the service was 5 star all the way. The wine list is extensive so we usually like to go with our servers suggestion. Great pick from Nick from the wine to the appetizer to dessert! It's a little on the pricey side but completely worth it! We will Definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service very good. Food was average.AlanDined on 11/18/2014Service was very good. Appetizers and salads were excellent. main course of seafood was not up to par. Eaten here several times and always had very high quality meat and seafood, however this time the seafood was just not up to the standard of previous visits. We had the seafood platter. Scallops, Salmon and stuffed shrimp. Scallops were very small almost bay size, Salmon fillet was very small as well and just not a quality piece as it had too much dark meat, shrimp was dry. Desserts options were less than inspiring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.MARCDined on 11/15/2014I been there 4 or 5 times and i always have good service, good food in an appealing environment.Special Features:
- Good Birthday ExperienceNYCKatiePDined on 11/14/2014The manager from M&S came to our table after our meal and really made us feel special. It was my birthday and he was really friendly. The waitress was competent and also very friendly. A good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!LLeonDined on 11/11/2014My husband and I are both Veterans so naturally we took advantage of the offers for that day. We had no problem booking reservations. Once we got there the service was fast amd friendly. The Veterans day menu was slim but it didn't disappoint at all We were very satisfied with the food and the service. I thought since it was a holiday that included free food that it was going to be loud and the food would be rushed. To our surprise, it wasn't crowed and the food did come out fast but it was on point. ALL OF IT !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and foodNavyFamily78yrsDined on 11/11/2014Good Afternoon, My Retired Navy Family and Friends had the pleasure of dining with you on Veterans Day. We requested our server, Don, as we always do and are as usual completely satisfied with his fun personality, impeccable service, and knowledge of the menu. Don represents your company extremely well and we will continue to request him. We all thank you for honoring us and providing us an exceptional meal! Have a great day and we'll see you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honoring VeteransHopeDined on 11/11/2014The food was delicious. The bacon wrapped shrimp stuff with cheese was very good as an appetizer. The perfect serving for two people before the main course. I am an Army vet and my boyfriend is a retired Marine, which allowed us to eat from their Veteran's Day menu. I chose the Rigatoni with salmon, mushroom, asparagus and artichokes in a pesto sauce and my boyfriend had the Parmesan Chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and a broccoli and carrot mix. The food was served piping hot and full of flavor. There was no complaints from our table. Thank you for honoring those who served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner Almost SpoiledRT13VABEACHDined on 11/10/2014Well the evening started off with great drinks from the bar. They have a wonderful beer and cocktail selection. Then we ordered our salads and main course. I have a nut allergy, but I received nuts in my salad. :( Dinner I ordered the Shrimp Scampi-big mistake. It looked great on paper, but looked and tasted like a hot mess. The aroma from the shrimp and the noodles was not appetizing at all. Then I decided to order another entree, another big mistake. The food just did not taste fresh for a seafood type restaurant. I must say desert made the horrible experience of the main course fade away for a moment. The selection of desserts are worth just going for along with the coffee to top off. So will I be going back for a main course meal, NO-NEVER! Will I go back for cocktails, desserts and coffee, Yes! Happy Hour is the best time and the food is better and fresher 4-7pm.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My husband and I enjoyed the restaurant, the food, the atmosphere, the service, everything was great. It was our first time, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinghomeboyDined on 11/9/2014It was a very busy night for everyone at the restaurant. I felt that the service was rushed. We were not offered a basket of bread and butter and people around us had at least one basket. I had grilled salmon for dinner. The salmon was a very small piece and was overcooked and dry. The potatoes and vegies were both over roasted and mushy and bland. Very disappointing for an over priced dinner. My wife had mixed greens salads with sugared pecans for her dinner. The serving was very small with 3 pieces of pecans. The serving looked liked a side dish. The dinner ended in 35 minutes from the time we were seated. The waitress was not friendly and seemed overwhelmed. We only saw her when she took our order and at the end to give us our bill. In spite of a disappointing evening, we still tipped her good.
- Veteran's DayNavyVeteranDined on 11/9/2014Always special to attend this event. Thanks to McC & Schm for recognizing Veterans.Special Features:
- GREAT TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Greeting was great and very friendly. Our waiter was very good. It took a little longer than we expected to receive our order. But it was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding place all around!Mich44Dined on 11/9/2014I could not ask for a better place to dine. I arrived 10 minutes before the reservation and was seated immediately. The service was great, the waitress was very helpful and knowledgeable of the menu. I had the caeser salad and blackened chicken with fettuccine. My food arrived very timely, hot and tasted great. My visit was nothing short of outstanding, I cant wait to return and try some of the other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!MaggsVic69Dined on 11/9/2014I want to thank you for the Veterans Dunner, I was so grateful for the great dinner and service. The food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Day visitLupoDined on 11/9/2014Excellent service. My party of four visited on Veterans Day. Too many tables in small area. Very busy. Recommend visiting on no holiday. A bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love going to McCormick&SchmicksJohnDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I love going to McCormick & Schnick's and have gone often. Our most recent experience was great (as always).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EyedocDined on 11/9/2014Everything was good except the butterfly shrimp which was dry, served over french fries with plain cocktail sauce and a tiny cup of cole slaw. Had better at fast food restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014You always have everything you need without that feeling of being annoyed by your server. The food is excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish & suchDiLevDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I went for Veterans Day lunch. Although there were a few selections, none really appealed to my husband, so he went with the fish and chips (which he said was delicious). He also had the Maryland Chowder, which was also delicious but had too many potatoes for his liking. I had the Bouillabaisse, which I had not had in a very long time. It did not disappoint! There was ample fish and shellfish and the broth was spicy and delicious. I would recommend adding a third slice of bread as I ran out and had to use the bread from the table, which was not the same. Also, one full crab leg would be better than a partial! Our waiter, Don, was great. Unobtrusive, but readily available.We would have preferred to have a booth.Were not asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable Prices, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The server my wife and I had was awesome. Several different staff stopped by to provide refills on refreshments and also to ensure our dining experience was good. I would definitely eat there again. Reservations are usually a great idea so you won't have to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2ND TIMEJeffDined on 11/1/2014I will not be going back. The place is nice. However, I would compare it to a ruby Tuesdays or Uno's with fine dining prices. Nothing note worthy at this place. With the tip I paid 135.00 for one very small glass of wine, a bear, shrimp app, and two meals at 32.00 each.
- consistentnancycohenDined on 10/27/2014Excellent food. Great location. Our server Steve was great, knowledgeable about the restaurant, menu and area in general. We always stop here when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will dine here againsettingthestageDined on 10/26/2014Everything was what i was hoping for. The menu pricing was even more economical than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Food was very good - atmosphere was very good and service was good. I enjoyed the stuffed salmon along with the raw oysters (appetizer) the she-crab soup and the mussels. Service was good, except that we had to ask for bread, but that wasn't an issue, bread came when we asked for it and the waiter kept it coming. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good seafood at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly simplepleasantlysurprisedfoodieDined on 10/26/2014I expected it to be a very upper class, uncomfortable restaurant but I was pleased to find it to be a family friendly, down to earth restaurant still hosting an exquisite drink and food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decentmhl1414Dined on 10/25/2014This was my second time here. I took two children and felt a little awkward because I didn't see any others. However, they did have a kids menu. Once again the server was very nice but didn't check on us very often which resulted in no drink refills or condiments we wanted. The appetizer was great. I once again got the crab dip which is amazing. There mashed potatoes are amazing. However, the fish was just ok. Not bad but nothing fabulous. I tried a different kind then last time since I felt the same way last visit. Once again it just wasn't seasoned real well. Again not bad but nothing great. All in all I would still go again but might just get an appetizer and desert.Special Features:
- Could have been betterLike2dineDined on 10/24/2014I was disappointed in the quality of the dinners'. I expected a very high quality meal and the prices certainly reflects that. However, the food was not as described and were small portions. They were not seasoned well and some items such as the crab potato hash was missing any crab among other problems.Special Features:
- Gladly Accommodated a VeganHealthyPlanetDinerDined on 10/24/2014I called ahead of time to see if the chef could accommodate a vegan and was assured they could and that they even had a vegan menu. I asked the waiter and he was not aware of the vegan menu, but he gladly pointed out options and offered to have the chef mix up pasta and grilled veggies with olive oil and garlic. The result was wonderful. The other carnivores were more than pleased with their menu choices - all seafood. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Not so greatVBFoodieDined on 10/23/2014We selected an entree because it came with a specific side. When it was served, the side was missing. When the server went to check, the kitchen was out of that item. By the time a substitute was delivered, our meal was over. A substitute should have been served from the get go. On the plus side, our server was fantastic, very attentive but not overbearing. However, the food and wine are both overpriced. There are too many great restaurants in Va. Beach to go back to one that is only so-so.
- Great place for special time outVBhomeDined on 10/19/2014Good food, great service, no rush. Very friendly staff combined with good food makes for a great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mc Cormick & Schmickjojo65Dined on 10/17/2014Food was great, Server very knowledgable and helpful navagating through the menu! This was my first visit and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Welcome to FallGoodToGoVIPDined on 10/11/2014The new fall menu was very enticing. Selecting an entree was diffucult because soooo many things were appealing. My choice was Atlantic salmon stuffed with crab. It was absolutely delicious! Mashers and fresh grilled veggies completed the entree. My husband selected boulibaise and enjoyed the savory juice with fresh clams mussels, shrimp, calamari and white fish. Doesn't get any better than this! We will certainly make a return visit to try something new from their fall choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014Super additions to the menu. Outstanding food and service. Great Chef creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experiencejbrashDined on 10/9/2014We had dinner at McCormick and Schmick's Seafood in Virginia Beach. We visit M&S if we are in an area where they have a restaurant and this particular M&S is the best we've been to. The food and service were outstanding. The restaurant looks to be new and clean and the servers work very hard to make the experience the best - they are very well trained and professional. We would definitely go back anytime we are in VB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be betterBruceDined on 10/6/2014I booked on OpenTable and so when we arrived, we were brought directly to a private booth table on the side. We started off with the Margerita Pizza Flatbread, which was a large portion but not really all that fancy. A big piece of flatbread topped with mozzarella cheese and a slide of tomato and then carved into eight pieces. Meh, just average. For mains, my mom chose the salmon and she really enjoyed it. I had the yellowfin tuna, which was a great portion and nicely cooked, also with a portion of mashed potatoes and some steamed vegetables. Overall, the food was very good. Not perfect, but really quite good. The service was more than excellent and our server did a fine job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJeGoDined on 10/3/2014Our 16 anniversary. Very romantic, great food, DELISH drinks, quiet...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerViking4Dined on 9/29/2014It was our daughter's birthday. She ordered all her favorites. We oysters on the half shell and they were excellent. Best thing was our server Charlie. He gave us very special service. Will be returning for special events. Our 11 year old granddaughter ate oysters for the first. She actually liked them.Special Features:
- twinstampDined on 9/28/2014I loved seeing Dawn, Sarah and another girl behind the bar , Sarah usually waitressing there from Olive Garden great to see familiar faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinner for fourSlomo928Dined on 9/27/2014Dinner was good, but less of a dining experience than I recall at other McCormick & Schmick's locations. My last M&S meal was in the Baltimore Harborside resteraunt and the food was more innovative and creative. That is not to say the food in Virginia Beach was not good, it was, but the preparation and presentation were not what we expected form M&S. Service was very good and prompt even though it was very busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.