McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
211 Market Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23462Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 7576878686x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Ianni
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
Our extensive menu changes daily depending on each day's fresh seafood deliveries & in keeping with the McCormick & Schmick's tradition of offering only the freshest seafood available in season. With more than 80 preparations available, with a wide range of steaks, poultry, & vegetarian entrees on our menu each day, every guest is sure to find something to satisfy their palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (47)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Mc Cormick & Schmickjojo65Dined on 10/17/2014Food was great, Server very knowledgable and helpful navagating through the menu! This was my first visit and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Welcome to FallGoodToGoVIPDined on 10/11/2014The new fall menu was very enticing. Selecting an entree was diffucult because soooo many things were appealing. My choice was Atlantic salmon stuffed with crab. It was absolutely delicious! Mashers and fresh grilled veggies completed the entree. My husband selected boulibaise and enjoyed the savory juice with fresh clams mussels, shrimp, calamari and white fish. Doesn't get any better than this! We will certainly make a return visit to try something new from their fall choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014Super additions to the menu. Outstanding food and service. Great Chef creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experiencejbrashDined on 10/9/2014We had dinner at McCormick and Schmick's Seafood in Virginia Beach. We visit M&S if we are in an area where they have a restaurant and this particular M&S is the best we've been to. The food and service were outstanding. The restaurant looks to be new and clean and the servers work very hard to make the experience the best - they are very well trained and professional. We would definitely go back anytime we are in VB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be betterBruceDined on 10/6/2014I booked on OpenTable and so when we arrived, we were brought directly to a private booth table on the side. We started off with the Margerita Pizza Flatbread, which was a large portion but not really all that fancy. A big piece of flatbread topped with mozzarella cheese and a slide of tomato and then carved into eight pieces. Meh, just average. For mains, my mom chose the salmon and she really enjoyed it. I had the yellowfin tuna, which was a great portion and nicely cooked, also with a portion of mashed potatoes and some steamed vegetables. Overall, the food was very good. Not perfect, but really quite good. The service was more than excellent and our server did a fine job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJeGoDined on 10/3/2014Our 16 anniversary. Very romantic, great food, DELISH drinks, quiet...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerViking4Dined on 9/29/2014It was our daughter's birthday. She ordered all her favorites. We oysters on the half shell and they were excellent. Best thing was our server Charlie. He gave us very special service. Will be returning for special events. Our 11 year old granddaughter ate oysters for the first. She actually liked them.Special Features:
- twinstampDined on 9/28/2014I loved seeing Dawn, Sarah and another girl behind the bar , Sarah usually waitressing there from Olive Garden great to see familiar faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinner for fourSlomo928Dined on 9/27/2014Dinner was good, but less of a dining experience than I recall at other McCormick & Schmick's locations. My last M&S meal was in the Baltimore Harborside resteraunt and the food was more innovative and creative. That is not to say the food in Virginia Beach was not good, it was, but the preparation and presentation were not what we expected form M&S. Service was very good and prompt even though it was very busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was perfectFoodLoverDined on 9/20/2014Waitress Dorothy was the best in twenty years of dining out.Special Features:
- BeachguyDined on 9/15/2014Warm reception, was seated immediately at out requested table, the server was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable about all the menu choices and the specials. She was extremely attentive to our needs, but not overly so. The atmosphere is fantastic, and valet parking right at the front door. Our choices of the seafood specials were very good, and I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCDBADined on 9/14/2014For the price they list the food should always be on point. Order the beef w/stuff crab in shrimp, was not aware it came w/mixed veggie and mash potato. I order the medallion medium well (pink no blood) my friend order pasta w/salad. The waiter was very pleasant but did describe what came w/of the dishes. The salad came w/blue cheese (that was awful, sent it back)medallion was cook WELL done, very dry & food was warm. She crab soup was warm...Requested to take it home too cold to enjoy. When medallion return it was prepared just right (tender, pink inside as requested-HOT) sent the plate back requested they not heat the plate but HEAT the food. The quality of food was unsatisfactory! Too many issue to get free dessert on next visit!Special Features:
- Great Sunday Night MealSherryDined on 9/14/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. We decided at the last minute that we wanted to eat out instead of cooking. I made reservations through Open Table and was able to pick a time one hour (7:00 pm) after we made our decision. Since the restaurant is a 30-minute drive from our home, it gave us just enough time to get dressed and go! We were seated as soon as we arrived, and our waitress arrived quickly. The restaurant was sparsely populated. We each chose a salmon dish, and they were both very tasty. The sourdough bread tasty, too. Our check was brought as soon as we finished our dinner and we left within one hour of arriving. The only thing that would have improved the experience was if we had been offered more water and bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good place to go.RonCDined on 9/13/2014The food, service and atmosphere were very good. We all enjoyed our experience and will come back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable ExperienceFoodie109Dined on 9/13/2014The service and the meal at McCormick & Schmick's were both outstanding. The New England style clam chowder was decicous as was the salmon pasta. The Kahlua Cake was an excellent choice for dessert. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Good seafood for a chainkloveslifeDined on 9/6/2014Good seafood for a chain. Wait staff should know ingredients better as I specifically asked for no cilantro (or no relish if it contained such) - got the relish and yes w/cilantro - bad reaction for me personally, so that part was inedible. Other than that and the loosened salt cover, which should never happen in a place w/such class, all was good. The staff did correctly and quickly replace the accidentally salt laden food, however. Great for special occasions and variety is wonderful. Overall, a good experience. And it was made extra special for my son's 22nd birthday with a nice surprise dessert and candle for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER FAILS TO DELIVERHRDinerDined on 9/6/2014McCormick & Schmick's Seafood resturant in Town Center Virginia Beach is one of those relatively rare resturants where regardless of the day of the week, time of day, or part of the year you go there they will always have great food and service. They always are on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was fabulousSusanSDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful meal, outstanding service, located in the heart of the city. Beautiful huge fountain nearby.Special Features:
- Dr. Janelle WhiteAmazingdatenightDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I don't get out often for date night with two kids; however, Sunday evening was our night. Our waiter Nick was absolutely amazing and he seated us in this quaint, cozy booth and closed the drapes for more privacy. Instant intimacy & instant thumbs up! We ordered what he suggested and the food/service was impeccable. We will be frequent flyers from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantTapreDined on 8/30/2014The food was great.. The ambiance was great... Great for birthday, anniversaries, etc. .. I will definitely go again. . Also, great service. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, like alwaysRaymondVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was excellent as it always is. Service was un-rushed yet attentive.Special Features:
- End of Summer TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014After months of cookouts, hamburgers and hot dogs, etc., it was nice to relax with a nice bottle of wine, and a steak and lobster dinner. The food and service at M&S never disappoints and I am so glad they have one in our area.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightklbondDined on 8/28/2014Very nice atmosphere, looking forward to eating here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Nice area. Food was delicious and so were the drinks. We dined between 7 and 8 pm on a Friday. Can't comment if it was a hot spot or vibrant bar scene since it was still early for a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Unfortunately, we did not have a good experience. The waiter was nice but service was very slow. Also, the waiter simply read the menu to us (for way too long). They did not give us the drinks we ordered (two separate occasions), they did not timely refill them, and they charged me for a salad I did not receive. They do have a really good shrimp appetizer but it is $13.99 and that is simply too much for four pieces of shrimp.
- Vacation Family DinnerRestaurantSavvyDined on 8/13/2014Although the reservation process and the service was good, I felt the food didn't live up to the price. The portions were small and there was nothing outstanding about the taste or quality. I could have gotten a similar meal at a Red Lobster for a more reasonable price.
- Great first time experienceharleyriderDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I had a great time and excellent food. The service was very good as well.Special Features:
- Back on Top! Excellent food.SpecialOccasionCustomerDined on 8/10/2014This was my first visit to McCormick & Schmick's in almost a year. This was a huge improvement, putting McCormick & Schmick's back on the top of my preferred places for fine dining. The presentation of each entre was superior. The food was excellent with a balance of seasonings bringing out the flavor of each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experiencepianoman88Dined on 8/9/2014The service was absolutely amazing!! The food was out of this world. We loved the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!diningaddictDined on 8/5/2014I dined with my daughter and son-in-law and McCormicks & Schmicks once again presented fantastic cuisine. The food was cooked perfectly and the attitude of the staff was excellent. The staff is very attentive to your every need. Wine list is excellent. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- A delightful evening!BobFDined on 8/4/2014We celebrated my nephew's graduate scholarship to the UN University in Costa Rica last Monday night. The restaurant took such good care of us! Everyone congratulated my nephew, and we had a wonderful dinner. Exceptionally good food and outstanding service made for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Another Great MealSLI6Dined on 8/3/2014We are always delighted by the food and service we receive. Will certainly be back!!Special Features:
- Brunch at M&SFitnessbabeVIPDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed a quiet brunch at the Virginia Beach location on 3 August 2014. The clam chowder was tasty, but did not seem very fresh. The she crap soup however is very fresh and rich tasting. The omelet eggs were slightly overdone. The service was fantastic, timely, and professional.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent food and service. Overall, I had a great experience.Special Features:
- Evening outBeachpeopleDined on 7/31/2014We would give our dining experience overall a 2. We waited in the lobby for a while (along with 5 other people waiting to be seated.) We decided to sit outdoors and enjoy the evening weather while we ate...big mistake! The hostess said she would bring us a menu momentarily, but she never came back. We sat for 20-25 minutes before we had a drink or a menu. It was not a very busy weeknight. Luckily the waitress came by & asked if we had been helped. She was fabulous and if it wasn't for her we would probably rate our experience lower. Hopefully this was just a fluke and not a regular occurrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodMsBLDined on 7/26/2014We always try to visit M&S when we're in the neighborhood. We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantdiovermillerDined on 7/26/2014We go to McCormick and schmicks at least five times a year and have never been disappointed. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryjimVADined on 7/26/2014Went for our anniversary which is nothing new other than we have never been to this location. Excellent service from drinks to dessert. Very good selection and presention of the meal. We were shocked that the restaurant wasn't busier but that's a plus for us I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, have been twiceHungryguyDined on 7/26/2014Recommend making a reservation for quick seating. Excellent, prompt, and professional service. Fresh delicious fare. Great desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 7/19/2014Great experience! We enjoyed it so much went back for Sunday brunch and the experience was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.