McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
211 Market Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23462Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 7576878686x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Ianni
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach
Our extensive menu changes daily depending on each day's fresh seafood deliveries & in keeping with the McCormick & Schmick's tradition of offering only the freshest seafood available in season. With more than 80 preparations available, with a wide range of steaks, poultry, & vegetarian entrees on our menu each day, every guest is sure to find something to satisfy their palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (58)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (37)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (25)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Fantastic RestaurantTapreDined on 8/30/2014The food was great.. The ambiance was great... Great for birthday, anniversaries, etc. .. I will definitely go again. . Also, great service. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, like alwaysRaymondVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was excellent as it always is. Service was un-rushed yet attentive.Special Features:
- End of Summer TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014After months of cookouts, hamburgers and hot dogs, etc., it was nice to relax with a nice bottle of wine, and a steak and lobster dinner. The food and service at M&S never disappoints and I am so glad they have one in our area.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Nice area. Food was delicious and so were the drinks. We dined between 7 and 8 pm on a Friday. Can't comment if it was a hot spot or vibrant bar scene since it was still early for a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Unfortunately, we did not have a good experience. The waiter was nice but service was very slow. Also, the waiter simply read the menu to us (for way too long). They did not give us the drinks we ordered (two separate occasions), they did not timely refill them, and they charged me for a salad I did not receive. They do have a really good shrimp appetizer but it is $13.99 and that is simply too much for four pieces of shrimp.
- Vacation Family DinnerRestaurantSavvyDined on 8/13/2014Although the reservation process and the service was good, I felt the food didn't live up to the price. The portions were small and there was nothing outstanding about the taste or quality. I could have gotten a similar meal at a Red Lobster for a more reasonable price.
- Great first time experienceharleyriderDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I had a great time and excellent food. The service was very good as well.Special Features:
- Back on Top! Excellent food.SpecialOccasionCustomerDined on 8/10/2014This was my first visit to McCormick & Schmick's in almost a year. This was a huge improvement, putting McCormick & Schmick's back on the top of my preferred places for fine dining. The presentation of each entre was superior. The food was excellent with a balance of seasonings bringing out the flavor of each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experiencepianoman88Dined on 8/9/2014The service was absolutely amazing!! The food was out of this world. We loved the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!diningaddictDined on 8/5/2014I dined with my daughter and son-in-law and McCormicks & Schmicks once again presented fantastic cuisine. The food was cooked perfectly and the attitude of the staff was excellent. The staff is very attentive to your every need. Wine list is excellent. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- A delightful evening!BobFDined on 8/4/2014We celebrated my nephew's graduate scholarship to the UN University in Costa Rica last Monday night. The restaurant took such good care of us! Everyone congratulated my nephew, and we had a wonderful dinner. Exceptionally good food and outstanding service made for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Another Great MealSLI6Dined on 8/3/2014We are always delighted by the food and service we receive. Will certainly be back!!Special Features:
- Brunch at M&SFitnessbabeVIPDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed a quiet brunch at the Virginia Beach location on 3 August 2014. The clam chowder was tasty, but did not seem very fresh. The she crap soup however is very fresh and rich tasting. The omelet eggs were slightly overdone. The service was fantastic, timely, and professional.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent food and service. Overall, I had a great experience.Special Features:
- Evening outBeachpeopleDined on 7/31/2014We would give our dining experience overall a 2. We waited in the lobby for a while (along with 5 other people waiting to be seated.) We decided to sit outdoors and enjoy the evening weather while we ate...big mistake! The hostess said she would bring us a menu momentarily, but she never came back. We sat for 20-25 minutes before we had a drink or a menu. It was not a very busy weeknight. Luckily the waitress came by & asked if we had been helped. She was fabulous and if it wasn't for her we would probably rate our experience lower. Hopefully this was just a fluke and not a regular occurrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodMsBLDined on 7/26/2014We always try to visit M&S when we're in the neighborhood. We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantdiovermillerDined on 7/26/2014We go to McCormick and schmicks at least five times a year and have never been disappointed. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryjimVADined on 7/26/2014Went for our anniversary which is nothing new other than we have never been to this location. Excellent service from drinks to dessert. Very good selection and presention of the meal. We were shocked that the restaurant wasn't busier but that's a plus for us I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, have been twiceHungryguyDined on 7/26/2014Recommend making a reservation for quick seating. Excellent, prompt, and professional service. Fresh delicious fare. Great desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 7/19/2014Great experience! We enjoyed it so much went back for Sunday brunch and the experience was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall outstanding experienceluvtoeatDined on 7/18/2014The food quality and customer service were outstanding. My steak was delicious. We had the creme Brule for desert and it was definitely enough for two to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour reviewSaturday21Dined on 7/17/2014Their Happy hour is advertised a lot but the prices for drinks such as draft beer is more than what you pay at other restaurants during normal hours. The portions are small. Overall not worth it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Great food, quiet romantic atmosphere. A great place to take your favorite girl for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not excellent !LUVVABCHDined on 7/12/2014My wife loved her steak and lobster.....I had their special which was filet covered with crab meat and asparagas....not so good. My steak was tiny and well done when I had asked for medium rare. Normally I would have sent it back but it was my wife's birthday and I could see she was thrilled with her meal so I didn't want to stir things up since this was her evening....so I just ate the steak and let it go. Noise level was high for us because of a screaming infant at the next table..........who brings an infant to a fine dining establishment at 9pm ???? The nerve of some parents who think their kids are welcome wherever they go is unreal to me ! Get a babysitter....that infant should have been in bed at 9pm....no wonder it was screaming !Special Features:
- Great seafoodJackDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I were very please with the food,the portions and the service.Might seem a bit high priced to some but the food is worth every dollar spent. M&S is a must when considering a restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- O.K.omegakappaDined on 7/11/2014The food was ok. The service was amazing! It was a beautiful place to dine in. The fish was cooked impeccably but the overall tastes of the meals were a little below average. The dessert was not that great either. Nothing too special but an ok place to go if you can't make up your mind.Special Features:
- Best in Town CenterTay11Dined on 7/11/2014My friend and I have dined at five restaurants in Town Center so far and McCormick's has been the absolute best hands down. Everything was perfect. The Shrimp Kisses were really good. We were fighting over who would eat the last one. The She Crab soup was also delicious. We both chose the Parmesan Crusted Chicken. I typically would not choose a chicken dish at a restaurant that specializes in seafood. However I was amazed at how well it was prepared and it had so much flavor. Last but not least we had the Upside Down Candied Walnut Apple Pie for dessert. This was the best apple pie I have ever had. The service was great as well as the ambience. I would highly recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Great!BrendeDined on 7/7/2014We all love everything about McCormick & Schmick's. The location in VA Beach is wonderful. Right in the middle of VB Town Center with very nice Hotels all around. The food is absolutely delicious. Have never gotten a meal that wasn't fabulous. Their wedge salad is the very best. Love their fried shrimp and their fish specials. The service is great also. Very knowledgable, courteous and helpful. I highly reccommend this Resturant to locals as well as tourists. http://trksmail4.zulily.com:firstname.lastname@example.org&uid=2088130255&tgid=&fl=&extra=MultivariateId=&&&208000071915&&&http://email@example.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough to go back tosince2011VIPDined on 7/4/2014This is a great spot for a business lunch or classy dinner date. Ambience is turn of the (last) century, with glossy wood paneling, curtained booths, and Prairie-style light fixtures shedding a warm glow (the lighting, by the way, is perfect, subdued without being dim). A lack of noisy background music means you can have a quiet conversation, and the curtained booths are perfect for those wishing privacy. Service is professional and attentive, and the food is very good. Not 5-star good (my sauteed mushrooms and spinach would have been just bland if they hadn't been almost too salty), but steaks oscar and bordelaise were both tender and tasty. Seafood was also primo: lobster mashed potatoes are a win! Portions are a bit small for the price.Special Features:
- enjoyedt21macDined on 7/4/2014Very limited side selection but willing to work with you. Not a great clam chowder but Maryland crab soup was exceptional. Portions small for price, salmon slightly overcooked and dry. Lobster and steak cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional meal...TimHDined on 6/28/2014Best fish dinner we have ever had; Hawaiian Monchong on Black Rice with Peach Mango Salsa Topped with Chipotle Lime Butter. My wife had the stuffed Atlantic salmon. Exceptional food, exceptional service...Special Features:
- Normal m&sEmerilVIPDined on 6/27/2014Reliable place. Food is good and service good too. Nothing special but consistent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 6/22/2014Excellent meal and great service made this special occasional exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentthomnasVIPDined on 6/21/2014We visit M&S in various cities. They are consistently good. The hard sell on the corporate discount card does detract from the experience, though. At least most servers turn it off after a polite "no thanks."Special Features:
- Always a favorite for date night!genXdinerDined on 6/20/2014We love this restaurant for great food, great decor, great athmosphere, great staff. It is our favorite spot in Town Center among all the good restaurants in this area. It has a mainly seafood menu, but the steaks are good here too. The crabcakes are the best you can find between here and Baltimore. There are great seating options too...bar area has that sports bar feel but with class. Open area is great for groups. Booths are great for romantic ambience, especally with curtains drawn. Seating by the window gives a great view outdoors. Outside dining is pleasant for enjoying fresg air.Special Features:
- Food was good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014I had the almond encrusted trout. My colleague really liked it but to me it was a little lacking. Still good. Freindly waitress atmosphere good. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- localguyVIPDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner of flounder and caesar salad. The service was excellent, and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Hostess should be firedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014Without a doubt the most inattentive hostess that I have ever had. She suggested that we go to the bar while our table was made ready. She had perfected avoiding eye contact while we waited at the bar while she was sipping on a slurpy. When we walked out she was outside flirting with the valet parking attendants. We had a nice dinner at Ruth Chris across the street.
- Love it!!meandutodineDined on 6/13/2014the shrimp kisses are to die for and service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May Be One of Our New FavoritesSherryDined on 6/11/2014We chose to dine here because of the 1000-point option. We arrived and were seated right away, our server was very personable and efficient, and we were very pleased will all of our food selections. Based on our overall experience, we plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.