McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis
17 West County Center
Des Peres, MO 63131Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 3148351300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Lathrop
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis
Reminiscent of traditionally-styled Pacific Northwest seafood eateries. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant offers a traditional dining experience in an unpretentious atmosphere. Our menus offer many varieties of fresh seafood flown in from U.S. & international waters along with aged beef, chicken and pasta. Bartenders create hand-shaken cocktails made with fresh-squeezed juices in our bar where we also offer an extensive list of premium wines & beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis - Best Restaurants in Des Peres ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (47)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (28)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always new fishregularVIPDined on 9/13/2014We always try new fish, but this time the new Snapper variety was not as good a fish as more standard red snapper, even though pricier. So it is good to try new types, but not always fit your palate.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food and appreciated the 3 course special dinner very good value!Special Features:
- Took new date - she loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I know I can't go wrong to take friends or even a first time date - the atmosphere as well as the food and service are always very good!Special Features:
- New fish at M & CregularVIPDined on 9/6/2014In addition to the heirloom salad, which most higher end place are serving this summer, McCormick and Schmick always seems to ahve a range of new fish. Oceano and Bristol also do but while I'd rank Bristol and M & C as a tie, Oceano is definitely down lately.Special Features:
- Food quantityluvtoeatout1Dined on 9/1/2014We had the Steak and Lobster for 25.99. Everything was fabulous. However, there was such a tiny piece of steak on our plates. The Lobster was enough and the potatoes were enough. Kudos to the chef!Special Features:
- 50thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Sat near bar. Bad sun blear. Service was good. Food was great. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- We will be back!DanglerVIPDined on 8/31/2014My husband & I had brunch at McCormick & Schmick's on a Sunday afternoon. The weather was perfect so we sat outside. We both got the fish tacos and they were delicious! We had a hard time deciding on what to order since the rest of the menu looked so good, which we both viewed as a good reason to return sometime soon!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and AtmosphereEnjoygoingoutDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent and the ambiance was great,the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Dated and overpricedSteve8863Dined on 8/29/2014Luckily we had a gift card. Service was great drew was knowledgeable and friendly. Menu was completely overpriced and lacked any originality. Salmon was fishy and fell short on seasoning even for the midwest. Restaurant was nice and I feel like they could do so much more. Place was empty for a Friday night. Don't recommend. Sorry.
- its our birthday place3sistersDined on 8/28/2014My 2 sisters and I love this place. We sit at the bar and enjoy food and drinks whenever we can catch up for dinner. The bartenders are always friendly and service is great. For our big celebrations when we have more than 3 we reserve a table and again never disappointed. We also enjoy the happy hours!Special Features:
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014It took over an hour to receive our food after we placed our order. When we ordered our soup the waiter asked if we would like some hot rolls and we said yes. The soup came and no rolls. I had to finally ask when our entrees we going to arrive and the response was soon, the kitchen was backed up. I'm not sure why the kitchen was backed up I counted twelve empty tables in the area we were sitting in. I also had to ask for those rolls after our dinner arrived. The waiters need to pay attention to their tables. On the bright side the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerwillDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I had dinner and enjoyed it. Our crab tower appetizer was not good as probably just made wrong choice. Our entrees were very good- seared scallops for her and I had blackened mahi mahi w andouille mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach- both I highly recommend. Unfortunately on this August evening the temperature in the restaurant was way too high and made for too uncomfortable of a seating. We weren't the only ones as a few other people complained and were fanning themselves. Don't know if this is routine or just a bad night but we will be back to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistant and reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I enjoy seafood and our teenage son is a meat eater so everyone is happy here. The location is convenient at West Count Center as we were visiting my aunt who was rehabbing around the corner. For a Saturday night we were able to get a table at 6:45 which is not an easy task at the last minute. The fish is fresh and our son's filet was cooked perfect. He had his heart set on the plain mac-n-cheese which we were told they no longer serve. It was available with shrimp and lobster. He is also a big chocolate dessert fan so he ordered the chocolate gooey butter cake. That was disappointing. Very dry and crumbled in your mouth. Actually tasted kind of old. Bread was not offered but, that was fine by us.Special Features:
- Total DisappointmentReginaldandLadyJaneDined on 8/23/2014What a failure for this McCormick & Schmick's. Except for the manager, everything was bad. Watered-down drink; shrimp remoulade with absolutely no flavor; bitter mussels; salad ordered with shrimp on top--the shrimp came 15 minutes after again asking; lactose intolerant diner ordered Kobe burger without cheese, it was brought with cheese, returned and re-served within 1 minute which was witnessed by manager who removed it and had a fresh burger cooked and served. After waiting 10 minutes for a glass of ice, we had to go to the bar ourselves. The restaurant wasn't busy enough to account for their bad food and service. We shall never return to this McCormick & Schmick's.
- new fish varietiesregularVIPDined on 8/16/2014We frequent fish serving restaurants, but this week, McCormick and Schmicks had 3 new fish we had not heard of before, and we sampled two, quite excellent.Special Features:
- Knowledgeable Wine ServerTsakiVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our guests are quite knowledgeable wine folks, and I believe our server, Jeff, was up to matching wines to their orders. Big plus! Our table of 4 shared 2 appetizers with a bacon wrapped shrimp and a crab tower both being well presented and prepared-well seasoned, delicious. Fresh oysters, swordfish, tilapia, shrimp plus some wonderful desserts finished the meal. Always delighted to have an establishment meet our expectations and especially the expectations of our guests. As a bonus, our server asked about our son in the Marine Corps who dined here more than a year ago. Very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceMargaritaBillDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I had dinner there Friday night and from the service to the food, everything was outstanding. We are going back next week to celebrate our wedding aniversary!Special Features:
- Very NicewinedineDined on 7/31/2014The food was excellent and well-prepared. Had their wine special which was very nice. Ate outside on the patio, and the service was excellent. A very nice change of pace, given their seafood weighted menu. The shrimp kisses are an excellent appetizer. All in all a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for LunchtravelmanDined on 7/30/2014Three weeks in a row and the food ahs been spectacular every week. This is a great location to have vendor lunches and other lunch meetings. Menu is always new and good!Special Features:
- Decent Food; Average ServicefoodnfunDined on 7/27/2014We recently went to M&S to celebrate our 15 year old's birthday (which I noted when booking the reservation through Open Table). Upon arrival, the hostess immediately wished my son a happy birthday and took us to our table, where she give him his own special menu with a personalized birthday greeting. Nice touch! Service was just okay. Appetizers (lump crab tower and crab cake) were great, as was the lobster bisque. Barramundi entree was not up to par, but the shrimp scampi was outstanding, as were the desserts. Would recommend the fixed price option, as the menu prices are rather high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodpaulajeanVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have always had great seafood selections. The salmon is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedStLouisdinerDined on 7/18/2014We were looking forward to some real good seafood and I have to say that this was a disappointing experience. We started with the calamari which was actually good. For our entree, my husband got the almond-crusted rainbow trout and I the sea bass. His trout was a little oily and my sea bass was bland and almost dry. I've had some really delicious sea bass in other places where the fish just melted in my mouth. We had to ask for my wine order as our server forgot about it. We also had to ask for water refills. Dining outside, we were bothered by so much bugs. I would expect that they would do something to control this. Other customers didn't seem to be as bothered and I don't know why. It was a very disappointing dining experience overall.
- Great foodSharonDined on 7/17/2014Delicious food and great service.. My only negative would be outrageous price for not great wine list.Special Features:
- Great food, poor ambianceSurfn2ShopDined on 7/12/2014The food as usual was good but the ambiance was lacking; at times we felt as though we were in a diner rather than an upscale establishment....service was slow. We were seated next to the kitchen so we couldn't even hear the waiter as he asked for our order, etc. View was of the parking lot and the windows were filthy. All in all, not a special dining experience. I would still recommend the restaurant as I hope this was an exception rather than the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regularVIPDined on 7/12/2014great fish and service as we have become accustomed to receiving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorriblepopsoutonthetownDined on 7/11/2014We brought my parents for dinner for my mothers 74th birthday...drinks were fine... appetizers great. Then everything went down hill. We waited for 1 1/2 hours for dinner to be served...they forgot my husbands salad . After pointing out to the waitress that it was way too long and everyone else around us had been served and they had been seated after us, you would think they would have gotten the food out...no! 10 minutes later the food was delivered. By this time my husband left and asked to see the manager outside....long and short of it, I was embarrassed. Horrible experience. We will never go back.
- Noted for fish?????pickyDined on 7/6/2014Wanted to try because it offered fish. Ordered the Haddock, did not think it was anything outstanding especially because of the prices ($34.99) The fish at Bristols is better. The salad was good, but again not outstanding, was to be greens with walnuts, there was only 1/2 of a walnut. Partner had the scallops, which he said where some of the best he has had, his came with rasitto which was also good. The side dishes where also on the high side, but where very large portions, easily could be shared. We had a bottle of wine which was similar in pricing to most other restuarants we go to. We will probably not return, as we feel there are other restuarants that serve better fish. Our server was good and very attentive.Special Features:
- M & S fine as usualregularVIPDined on 7/5/2014The fish choices were great, and the servers quite willing to customize the entrees to ones taste, so it is a great place to go for fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodGoRedsDined on 7/5/2014We had lunch on a Saturday at M &S. Food was good as always, a bit pricey, but not unreasonable. The service was outstanding. This location wasn't crowded at all, which is what we were looking for.
- Great ServicepigletDined on 6/29/2014Our server was helpful and very attentive. The decor is comfortable and appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We must've been invisible...CDavisDined on 6/28/2014We sat at our table for at least 7-8 minutes prior to a server even acknowledging us. She was nice, but confused as to who we 'belonged to'. The manager did stop by, and say 'sorry', but not much more. French 75 we had at the bar was great; the 2nd was a totally different, and not very good, cocktail. No sugar on the rim, tasted like a cheap shot. $10 DRINKS SHOULD BE QUALITY AND CONSISTENT. We had Oysters (quite good) and the flatbread - flatbread was burnt, extremely light on toppings, and zero goat cheese at all on the appetizer. We didn't even stay for dinner. Very disappointed. Was not our first time there, but may be the last.
- underwhelmingUnderwhelmedDined on 6/28/2014nothing was particularly good. the calamari appetizer was lousy. the service lackluster. the decor bland. the main course forgettable. pretty expensive for what you get.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We had our yearly date night here and it was a very good experience was a little pricey but the food was worth it, service was also very prompt and well mannered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M & S good fishregularVIPDined on 6/28/2014The next door restaurant, J. Gilbert advertises fish, but it is only tuna and salmon. If you truly want some good fish, from marlin, shark, halibut, swordfish, sea bass, etc, myou should go to McCormick and Schmick at West CountySpecial Features:
- Disappointedalmost60Dined on 6/27/2014Great Atmosphere for dining. Friendly staff. Was disappointed with the food. I had Chilean Sea Bass and it was kinda flavorless and so was the mashed potatoes. My friend had the salmon and he was not impressed with it either. Probably won't visit again.Special Features:
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The food was amazing, but the only flaw would be that our waiter was really slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DK1064Dined on 6/25/2014We enjoyed the 35th Anniversary Menu as two in our party ordered from that. The presentation was good and the food very tasty. I enjoy the freshness of the food and alway enjoy my meal at McCormick and Schmick's.Special Features:
- Order the fresh fishtrythecappuccinoDined on 6/24/2014At our table of four adults, three of us had crab bisque for the second course and two of us had scallops as an entree. Both the crab bisque and the scallops entree were too sweet, a sweet which over powered the seafood flavor. The other two adults has fresh fish entrees which they described as excellent and one adult had a salad which was delicious. An appetizer of crab spread on toasted pita was also delicious. I have eaten there for lunch previously and had excellent food then (fresh fish). We also appreciated being seated in a place in the restaurant where we were able to have conversation in a normal tone and hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for lunchSuzyWDined on 6/24/2014I met a friend for lunch, and the restaurant was very quiet, but it was Tuesday, but then we like quiet! This was not our first visit, and we have never been disappointed. We have always enjoyed our entrees. That day we had the Cesar Salad with Salmon, and the Lobster Cobb. The Cobb was a little bland, but the presentation was nice. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/23/2014A great place for a business lunch. Good food in a great atmospher.Special Features: