McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Skokie
4999 Old Orchard Center
Old Orchard Center, Suite G8
Skokie, IL 60077Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Skokie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Locations/chicago-illinois/skokie-illinois/old-orchard-center.aspx
- Phone: 8477639811x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Mcgowan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our professional staff is available to assist you in planning all of your private dining. Lunch or dinner meetings, memorable client events, festive theme parties, holiday celebrations, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, or any special event, our versatile dining areas provide private and semi-private spaces accommodating events large and small. Our staff will work closely with you to plan a custom menu that will be sure to please all of your guests. We offer a fine selection of appetizers to create platters designed with your guests in mind.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Skokie
Our extensive menu changes daily depending on each day's fresh seafood deliveries & in keeping with the McCormick & Schmick's tradition of offering only the freshest seafood available in season. With more than 80 preparations available, with a wide range of steaks, poultry, & vegetarian entrees on our menu each day, every guest is sure to find something to satisfy their palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Skokie - Best Restaurants in Skokie ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Skokie reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)good for groups (53)romantic (43)great for lunch (42)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (24)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Phenomenal PhishmracquireDined on 9/19/2014Although on the pricey side, McCormick & Schmick excels at serving tasty, quality fish entrees so the value for your dollar is good. Appetizers, sides, and desserts are equally delicious as are the steaks if you fancy a meat or combo steak/fish dish. My only disappointment was the bland bread. If the restaurant is listening, I would recommend substituting a French bread loaf and/or rolls.Special Features:
- my fish wasn't freshOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014I had ordered the flounder---it had a stale smell--there was no sweetness and the capers were stale and hard. I should have returned it but didn't wish a fuss. My spouses salmon was quite good.Special Features:
- Great Lake Trout Special!RonFDined on 9/12/2014We've been visiting this M&S for years, and sometimes we forget how fresh and well prepared the seafood is! The evening featured a special of grilled lake trout, served over Mediterranean couscous, with mushrooms and asparagus, and it was an excellent preparation. The fish was fresh and tasty, the couscous perfectly done, and the vegetables flavorful. The service was excellent, and the bartender made a proper negroni! All in all, a good evening out.
- Nice Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014M&S continues to deliver on nice ambiance, good food and atmosphere. Was a bit pricey relative to meal served but nonetheless, was a great place for an early business dinner and unlike many other locations, was a relief to not have to worry about noise interfering with our conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We chose to sit in the bar section to take advantage from the "happy hour" offer. It was quite loudly due to..... a private conversation between waitress and bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Our ServerJJinChiDined on 9/6/2014He was fantastic! Thank you for not making me ask for my water glass to be refilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Reward ProgramSChenDined on 9/6/2014I was kind of disappointed that they cannot find my account in the database, which I registered earlier that week.
- comfortfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Not very often that everyone in our party is a member of the 'clean plate club'. Speaks to the quality of the meal. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Not only was the food outstanding, but our server was also outstanding.....Special Features:
- Always delicious!CollieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We dine at McCormick and Schmick's several times a year. The food is always very good and the offerings are creative. I was hoping to eat outside but was out-voted. The patio is right next to the drive and parking lot but I think they did a nice job with the plants to divide the patio from this. The only thing that was not so great this time was the service from our waiter....Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsLovelyLunchVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband brought me here for my birthday dinner and we really enjoyed it. We shared the chopped chicken salad for an appetizer and he had the ribeye while I had the mixed grill seafood entrée. His steak was cooked to perfection, and my mixed grill was a nice mix of shrimp, scallops and salmon, sure to please any seafood lover. We got the lobster mashed potatoes to share and with my vegetable medley we had a great variety of food to share. Everything was made to order and delicious!!Special Features:
- RodeoGirlDined on 8/30/2014Not as good as it used to be! They have been bought out and it shows that they are now part of a big company. Portions are smaller and prices are higher. Not as many fresh fish options that are unique like they used to. Menu is much more mainstream. Will probably not return.Special Features:
- sheebasdadDined on 8/30/2014The food is good and a variety of seafood selections are available. But for the cost being mid-$20s for an entree, the portions were smaller than most competitors plates. That would be fine if they had great service, but I just didn't experience that. After being initially seated and orders taken, the team of wait staff didn't check in to see how the meal was and we had to flag down wait staff several times. I think this place wants to be a nice restaurant, but doesn't act like one. This is probably why all of the other restaurants around them did not have availability for reservations on a Saturday between 5:30 and 8pm, while this one had all times wide open.Special Features:
- Crabcakes!MitsukoDined on 8/29/20148/29/14 The highlight of our recent dinner at MS was the crabcake appetizer! It was full of crab meat and flavor. We also enjoyed 1/2 dozen oysters as a starter which were excellent. My entree was the filet and lobster special which was cooked perfectly. My husband ordered the shrimp and andouille mac n cheese which was just ok. We would defiinitely return for the crabcakes and will consider them for our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAwesomeDined on 8/23/2014Will come back everytime I am in Chicago. I have dined at the finest restaurants and this is right up there with the best of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ImprovementSuburbanDadDined on 8/23/2014I have not been here for a while, but came for my Mother-in-law's birthday with a large family group. There are not a lot of seafood restuarants that offer the variety of fresh fish as does McCormick & Schmick's, and can accomodate a large group on short notice. Even the kid's menu has alot of variety. I was impressed with the improvement in the taste of the food and the quality of the service. In the past we have sent food back to the kitchen due to problems, but this time everything was served hot, timely, tasty, and as ordered. I look forward to returning and using the Landry's Select Club points I earned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nah! not happy about ittutmaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Service:2 I do not appreciate my server tapping on the table to talk to us. Even though he was checking to see if we needed anything. This is not the restaurant for this service. Giving him 2 stars because he was attentive and checked on us many times. 1 of the 3 oysters I had was bad. I didn't want anything else, and I was charged for it!!! Had to shove a big piece of bread in my mouth n lots of water n lemon to get rid of the fishy taste from the bad oyster. Taste of food:1 My Parmesan flounder was blah! Picked out the cheese crust. The veg that came on the side is the same as my daughter's order. It felt like chinese buffet stir fry that they just scooped out onto each plate. Grilled salmon over mashed potato was tasteless.Special Features:
- Good food, but slowNorthCenterResidentDined on 8/20/2014McCormick & Schmick is a reliably good seafood restaurant, with plenty of options for seafood lovers and for those who prefer something else. They are very cooperative about adapting dishes to meet special dietary needs or allergies, and everything is tasty and attractively plated. A good option for light or heavy lunch as your prefer -- but not a place to be if you are in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maggie444VIPDined on 8/19/2014It was the worst-everything on our plate was horribly over saltedSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServicenorthsiderVIPDined on 8/19/2014WE visited later in evening and were limited on time. Our server was very helpful in getting us in and out on time, and with great food and superb understanding. Thanks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodzeroneroVIPDined on 8/17/2014Good restaurant chain with nice 1000 point option. Food is excellent. Wine list is a landrys list so you know it's good. Excellent job to the staff overall. Felt welcome and enjoyed a nice meal. Was only disappointed when the server charged me for a substitute item when he didn't tell me there would be a charge. Ended up adding like $7-8 to the bill but it wasn't THAT big of a deal overall, just annoying.Special Features:
- Super serviceJimbo6VIPDined on 8/16/2014The server was outstanding. Helpful with menu selection, attentiveness, timing of course presentation. Best service in months.Special Features:
- Great time for a special occasionLoboDined on 8/16/2014We brought someone here for a big birthday and M&S made it special for him. The food and service were outstanding and the drinks and appetizers each seemed to have their own M&S twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceFood4ThoughtDined on 8/15/2014We had an early dinner at this restaurant and were concerned with prior reviews that had indicated mediocre service. Our service was excellent with a young lady named Lium. The food was served well (hot and prompt), drink orders as requested and special requests were managed with a smile. Although we are not from the immediate area, we would come back if the opportunity presented.Special Features:
- excellentdatenighttonightDined on 8/14/2014Good food and service. we had an understanding waitress. She gave our salad and bread promptly after we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rg77VIPDined on 8/13/2014Service was poor. Server Mary was very slow in getting to our table.Special Features:
- jake1240VIPDined on 8/11/2014Ordered fish and chips...awful. Instead of a cod fillet was delivered ;title strips of over fried fish sticks that seemed to come from a package. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- A hidden GemSuziVIPDined on 8/11/2014Great food, great service and great place to meet.Special Features:
- Value ImbalanceBigJohnDined on 8/4/2014While this place is quite pleasant, there is a significant negative imbalance between it's cost and the overall dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must place !JohnDined on 7/31/2014A must place to go for a special occasion. Ambiance is outstanding and the food and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!TafferCakes10Dined on 7/27/2014I am never disappointed with dinner here! My steak and shrimp scampi was delicious, and my husband really enjoyed his swordfish. The bread is always good, and this is one of the only nicer dining places I've been to that doesn't freeze their butter! Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service, mediocre food!ChicagoDiner2014VIPDined on 7/26/2014This used to be one of my fav seafood places, but over the past year or so the service quality has dropped down to miserable, there's often something wrong w the food, and the prices remain $$$$$! No wonder it's empty mostly. Wonder how long before they shut down.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Food was decent but overpriced. Would probably not go back:(Special Features:
- Loved the private diningBecktrinDined on 7/22/2014We had a group of 7 and loved the intimate dining setting in our own small private room. The food was delicious and we were able to have great conversation and catch up with old friends. I would definitely recommend this spot, especially when you want great food, but also really want some privacy and a great environment for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful....HeatherC78VIPDined on 7/19/2014I haven't been here in a bit but have to say I will definitely be coming back more often. It was a date night for us before the baby arrives & everythign from the updated menu to the service was impecable. When you go ask that Matt H. is your server. He's the best ever....made sure all was perfect. I never had to ask for a refill on my iced tea he was spot on.Special Features:
- EnjoyEatingVIPDined on 7/18/2014We very much enjoyed our visit to this restaurant. The decor was pretty. Our server was outstanding … especially pleasant. The food was good and the prices were lower than I had remembered. I'll bet the restaurant has lowered their prices to reflect the tighter economic times. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great experience.EfftyVIPDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I had an oportunity to go for dinner to McCormick's after shopping that day for first time and we loved it. We recommend it to every one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchCharDined on 7/15/2014Great food and outstanding service. Everyone at the table selected something different form the menu and could not say enough about the taste and what a wonderful meal it was.Special Features:
- perfectionajamalDined on 7/13/2014First time having oysters, lobster and scallops. Cannot think of a better place to show me what seafood should be. Everything was phenomenal. Our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsAngBDined on 7/13/2014I loved everything about my dining experience at McCormick & Schmick's in Skokie, IL. The wait staff was friendly and very professional. I loved that they were able to accomodate the 7 year old in our party. The food was fantastic. The waiter overheard us wishing a member of out party happy birthday and at the end of our meal brought him a small dessert cake and ice cream. The service from beginning to end was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.