McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Seattle
1103 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Seattle
- Phone: 2066235500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am-11:00pm, Saturday 3:00 pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 3:00pm - 10:00pm Late HH Monday - Saturday 10:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Curtis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full off-site catering for home, office, banquet facility...Any size from private parties to a thousand person gala.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether planning a business meeting, rehearsal dinner or holiday party, you can count on McCormick & Schmick’s to create an event sure to be memorable with our excellent service, delicious food & unparalleled hospitality. Our flexible dining spaces & customized menus can accommodate any event need.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8772975506
- Entertainment: Dining room: Nightly "Rat Pack music" Bar: Nightly Adult alternative rock
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Seattle
Considered to be one of Seattle's best restaurants, McCormick & Schmick's features an extensive Pacific Northwest seafood and fresh fish menu. The handsome interior of rich mahogany wood, brass and stained glass creates an inviting, upscale, yet unpretentious environment. The full service bar is always bustling with locals and visitors from out of town. Located two blocks from the waterfront at 1st and Spring Streets, just down the street from the famed Pike Street Market. McCormick's prepares fresh seafood in a traditional manner with a contemporary twist, as well as many other original favorites such as sirloin steak, and McCormick and Schmick's classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
- DecentDiggerDined on 12/31/2013This was the second time we have eaten here and the second time was not good as the first. Our server did not spend much time talking with us, nor did he bother making any recommendations to us regarding food or wine selections. He even brought me the wrong glass of wine, which is an excellent indication of the amount of attention to detail he gave us. It seemed that we were more of an inconvenience, as he rarely made eye contact with us... The food was delicious on both occasions and the atmosphere was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good dinner, not greatRogerDined on 12/28/2013Our second visit and it was good, not great. I was not impressed with the Fish and Chips that I ordered, but my wife liked her salmon dinner. The problem I had the fish and chips was that the fish resembled nothing in nature. I had four 2 x 4 shaped pieces of fish that were acceptable, along with fries that were also acceptable. I had the impression that the dinner conformed to someone's idea of portion control, the emphasis on the word control. The quality was good, but not distinctive, acceptable. That being said, the glass of wine that I ordered was generous and a good value for the money. Would I go back? Probably not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant experienceVissidarteVIPDined on 12/27/2013with good food at reasonable prices. The staff is professional and prompt. The interior is old Seattle, well maintained and inviting. The open (display) kitchen adds much to the atmosphere, as do they white table cloths and napkins. The bar is inviting and great place to have a quick lunch. The quaint small room aka "The Cafe with small intimate tables. Both places afford an interesting view onto the busy street of Seattle.Their desserts are out of this world and perfect for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great specials for lunch andcardonaDined on 12/23/2013Great specials for lunch and the service was great for a party of 4.Special Features:
- Just okMrsBVIPDined on 12/20/2013It had been years since we dined at McCormick & Schmick's but we had gift certificates to use. The ambience & service were very good. The appetizer was delicious (bacon wrapped shrip with pepper jack cheese) however the rest of our meal was just so-so. We had fish & chips (fish cooked too long with very dark breadding and it was quite greasy) and scallops (lots of gritty sand - wouldn't expect this from a nice restaurant).Special Features:
- OK, but I've had bettertokyorose50Dined on 12/19/2013We've dined here many times and sorry to say it can be hit or miss. The service is always excellent. However the meal this time missed the mark. Both my friend and I wanted the sole. We've had this dish many times before and normally the fish fills the entire plate. This time we both were very surprised at the tiny piece we received. Oh and the green beans were tough and chewy. Naturally I questioned the wait-staff. The older gentleman just shrugged his shoulders and mumbled something about the kitchen going through some changes. Unsure what he was trying to convey other than the fact that he really didn't care.
- A bit underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013I expected a lot more from McCormick & Schmicks. It did not at all live up to the hype and expectations I had in place before I arrived. My partner and I were enjoying a wonderful holi-day. First we saw the Nutcracker and then wanted to have a nice dinner. I suggested McCormicks. Bad idea. I ordered my steak medium and he ordered his well. The waiter switched our plates of course my partner sent his back because it was not "well". so I had a dry steak and his was microwaved. the side of green beans was a bit to crisp, almost cold, and the potatoes were under achievers. The waiter was non-chelant about the whole thing. Definately won't be going back anytime soon if ever. For $110 I would expect something far better.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 12/14/2013Normally we are very please with this establishment as we have dined at the one on Lake Union on Westlake a few times. We were disappointed in the appetizer, Calamari as it had jalapenos in it which made them too spicy to eat. My husband went ahead and ate it but had stomach problems during our dinner. 2nd -- we ordered the grilled shrimp and the crab stuffed shrimp and when we both tried it agreed that they were overcooked. The server was very nice and offered to have more made. when we received the new ones they were also over cooked but not as much. We weren't sure if the chef was using frozen ones that had been frozen too long or what but they were rubbery. The scallops & salmon were nicely cooked. Hope this info helps.Special Features:
- an honored anniversaryaandwsterDined on 12/13/2013It was my girlfriend and I's first anniversary. I had a gift card to McCormick's and figured I would treat my lady. When I had made the reservation I asked for a booth, it was honored. We started with wine and prawns which were great especially since they arrived just after our bred. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helped us in our entree selection. I had the sirloin and my lady had the tuna We were recommended the key lime pie for dessert, but went with some shots of fireball. When we had finished our car was waiting for us and running. The valet even opened our doors and wished us a good trip home. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIG mistake with one plusFedUpDined on 12/10/2013We waited for a short time before our waiter brought water, menus and pleasantries. After our wine from the bar was finished, we noted that the menus were luncheon menus. Finally, our waiter was hailed successfully and shown the menus. "Sorry about that folks." "Can we order from the luncheon menu?" "That's not allowed" "I'll get the dinner menus for you." After some time, the menus arrived. We examined the wine list and decided to try the featured Red. Only three glasses arrived for our 4-party group. "Sorry about that. I'll bring another." The fourth glass finally appeared, but our server was gone. Finally, we hailed him again to place our orders. They finally arrived. The wine was EXCELLENT. Food only passable. (lukewarm)
- using the grandkids giftcard at lasgrandmavDined on 12/8/2013We don't come to Seattle often, so used this opportunity to take advantage of our grandkids Christmas gitcard of last year. It was a nice dinner, and easy walking from Beneroya Hall. We were glad we did, excellent dinner and nice staff.Special Features:
- Busy but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013We had a fairly large group and I think the waiter was a bit overwhelmed with our table and the others he served but he handled reasonably well. The other patrons in the restaurant were friendly and did not seemed to mind that we had a 2 and a 5 year old, mind you they were well contained and despite being there for almost 3 hours the two children were well behaved. Food was pretty good and brought timely and everything seemed to come at a reasonable pace. I would recommend this place for a casual dining experience. The 18% automatic service charge was a bit of a surprise but I guess it is standard for larger groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always count on McCormickSuedu56Dined on 12/7/2013You can always count on McCormick & Schmick's for a good meal.The service was not the best but we think our waiter was new and the retaurant was very busy.Special Features:
- ServiceNotsocheeryDined on 11/28/2013The food was good however the waitress Jamie was rude and ignored our side of the restraint before the manager had to send someone over to serve us. Jamie would look at us and walk right pass us to the other tables. The waiter we were assigned also was rude and talked over us and kept interrupting us when we were trying to ask for the manager. The only people who were nice were the sou chefs who happily talked took pictures and had drinks and food delivered to us while we sat down waiting for just water. The manager had to give us free desert and appetizers because if this rudeness even when we did not get the opportunity to speak to him. He saw everything. I am truly dissapointed with this experience and hopefully it will get better.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingRickDined on 11/28/2013We had thanksgiving here and the food was great. The booths don't give you much room though. Service was outstanding, servers knew the menu and the tall help each other hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving MealCxearlDined on 11/28/2013I was concerned about food quality and service level considering the restaurant was packed all day due to the holiday, but all 6 of us enjoyed our meal, absolutely everything! I could have been more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving @McCormick & Schmick'sNicoleDined on 11/28/2013The food was wonderful, especially the turkey which was perfectly done. The service was great, too. The ambiance is nice. The place was crowded but not too noisy. We had a booth seat and the subdued lighting was perfect. I have been here more than once, and I always have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing on many levelsAnthonyDined on 11/23/2013While the host staff was very cordial and nice to work with, that was about the end of the good experience. The service was extremely slow. Sure we had a party of 8, but there was maybe that many other people in the entire restaurant so only seeing our server once every 15-20 minutes had no excuse. My appetizer was good as were others', but the entree was pretty disappointing. Seared ahi that was overcooked and a little dry, and not near enough sauce to make up for it, over a bed of boring sauteed spinach. Not at all worth the price or what I expected from such a Seattle staple. I have had good experiences at this local/regional chain before, but I will not go to this particular branch again by choice.
- 1st time visitTrentsterDined on 11/23/2013I took my wife there for her birthday, there wasn't awhile lot of people there, which was nice. The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutTerperDined on 11/23/2013The food was very good and the service was wonderful. We were able to linger and chat after our meal without feeling rushed to leave. The only negative was that the music was a bit loud and lively for our taste - we would have preferred a softer, more classical selection.Special Features:
- I like the food and the service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013I like the food and the service, I had salmon with mashed potatoes, however I think it was a little salty at times, it was very good overall, but I felt a little salty at the end, I don't know if it was the mashed potatoes or the salmon, but something was causing me to feel too salty at the end. But I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve for Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2013Actually, it was a great New Year's Eve Dinner at McCormick & Schmick's (1103 1st Street, Seattle, WA). In fact for the first time ever, I did use a 10% discount, thanks to the AARP Membership Card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans' SpecialVeteranDined on 11/10/2013I planned the evening, making a reservation weeks in advance to celebrate my husband's military service. The service from our water seriously lacked. We sat for about 5 min. before he ran by & slapped cocktail napkins down on the table & said he'd be back. Another 5-7 minutes & he finally returned. No real greeting or explanation of any specials - which there were several food selections for Veterans' Day & wine specials, I believe to be offered on Sundays, but I'm still unclear since he never explained. The food was delicious, but the service marred the evening. Hint: if you're offering a special menu to our US Military, who definitely deserve it (thank you for doing it), train servers to properly present it & maybe even say, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran's Day Appreciation Dinnerjw64Dined on 11/10/2013This visit with my mom and I was the second year, we had the privelege of visiting McCormick & Schmick's Seafood (1st & Spring). The 'Open Table allows us to reserve a nice seating for what is a very important celebration. It's not only Veteran's Day, it's my B.Day, and my mom's is 14 Nov. I couldn't possibly ask for more from anyplace than what they so graciously provide for us Veteran's. This is one of those specific gestures by someone "McCormick & Schmick's" that helps to bring Veterans home. I'm a WA native, and have been familiar with Seattle since the age of 4. McCormick & Schmick's does a beautiful job ! Thank you for honoring those who served Our Country..without you the day would be a little less of an occassion. much Thanks, jwSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy PNW seafood!tokyorose50Dined on 11/5/2013I love this place. The seafood selection is excellent. The crab is delicious, and the sole you get (one of my favorites) is a always a huge piece of fish, and prepared just right. My friend likes their oysters, not one of my favorites, but he tells me they are very fresh and tasty. Yesterday we both had the crab and corn chowder to start, pure heaven. I prefer the 1st Avenue location in downtown Seattle rather than their 4th avenue spot. Better vibes I think. If you like seafood, don't miss this spot when in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't find the waiter all nightDiningisthelifeDined on 11/4/2013I did not enjoy this dining experience. They put our group of 8 back in a large room, empty, except for our group, and then we had to try to find them all night to wait on us. This was not a good choice for my group. I will select another place to go next time.
- Good food,,Not greatJeffDined on 11/2/2013Our dinner took more that an hour to get to our table. Some of it was cold. Our waiter was an older man who, when I ask about the time it took just gave me the brush off.
- Nice treatHappydinerDined on 10/31/2013My wife and I had a wonderful lunch. Made to feel welcomed from the moment we walked in. The waiter was attentive without overdoing it and the food was delicious. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion LunchGregorioDined on 10/28/2013My former boss and I had a reunion lunch at McCormick's. We picked this place for our reunion because it is pretty reliable in terms of quality and service, and we were not disappointed. We just had a lunch entrée without cocktails so nothing much to report. I had the Caesar salad with calamari and was surprised by the quantity of calarmari that they served. All well prepared with excellent attentive, but not obtrusive, service.Special Features:
- Still OK food and serviceVissidarteVIPDined on 10/24/2013but a lot has changed @ this eatery! It's disappointing @ best!
- Off Night at McCormick & Schmick's?dswhelanVIPDined on 10/13/2013My wife and I had a very nice dinner a couple of years ago at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood in downtown Seattle and decided to try it again for dinner on Sunday during the Seattle Restaurant Week promotion. The dinning experience left much room for improvement. The manager attributed the poor service, etc. to being short-handed due to employee illnesses but I'm wondering if that is the whole story. Our dining experience would have been much better if the wait staff and manager had proactively acknowledged their issues and apologized up front instead of only getting an apology from the manager after expressing our displeasure with him. Was this a one-off bad dining experience or is this now a typical of McCormick & Schmick's Seafood?
- Team DinnerMichaelVIPDined on 10/9/2013Always a great venue for a team dinner or celebration event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly disappointed!!SkeeterDined on 10/4/2013Made a reservation as I had eaten at this restaurant in Denver even though it had been many yrs ago. My sister and I were in Seattle for the Josh Groban concert and were looking forward to great food and dining experience. The service was good and the dessert was great but the Caesar salad had some strange dressing on it, the bread wasn't even warm and the shrimp scampi was tasteless with overdone fettuccine with shrimp that was nothing special. For a meal that was $40 apiece, I expect a great dinner! Won't be recommending this restaurant to anyone!!
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2013My cousin Jon Duggan took us for dinner. They are from Edmonton Canada we are from Los Angels and Sacramento. California. Your restaurant in Seattle was highly recommended and it was more than we expected. The food was excellent and the people who work there gave us up and beyond polite and courteous service. We will try your restaurants again and again. Kathleen ConlonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty meal!KEMODined on 9/20/2013Thanks for a delicious meal and a relaxing evening out in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Atmoshphere and Great FoodbossDined on 9/13/2013We had a table for 6 at 7:00pm. My family was celebrating two 60th Birthdays. We arrived on time and they had our table ready for us. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive. The wine we selected was good. Everyone had ordered seafood and it was delicious! The atmosphere was very nice with dark cherry wood walls, tableclothes and just right lighting. We all ordered desert and it couldn't have been better. We will definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- anniversaryaaronDined on 8/24/2013We had a great anniversary experience, and would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brown lettuce?SBfoodieDined on 8/19/2013Well - we have had good meals at other restaurants in this chain. However this one wasn't good. My dinner companion did have a good meal but mine was not that great. The manager entered the restaurant with us - we didn't see him as we approached so not sure where he came from. My salad had partially black/brown moldy spinach leaves in it. It took several minutes to get our waiter's attention. He brought me a replacement. The top of the salad looked fine - but once again at the bottom were a few moldy leaves. Unfortunately, I had eaten about half the salad before noticing. I left the brown leaves showing - but no one noticed. Our waiter was only minimally attentive from beginning to end. Main course was so-so.
- Easy diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013We were pleased to be seated earlier than our reservation time. The food was very good, the wait staff attentive but not hovering.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2013The food is good, but very overpriced. In a city like Seattle, where fish is readily available. paying $30 for six slices of seared tuna seems ridiculous. The food all tasted fine, but was what you expect from a good chain restaurant. The prices need fixing. I doubt I will return unless they change.