McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
675 L Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 6196456545x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mary Hinds
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Semi-private upstairs dining overlooking the restaurant and downtown.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
Our restaurant is connected via sky bridge to the new Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, and is perfect for catching a meal before or after the game. We are also conveniently located directly across from the San Diego Convention Center and the historic Gaslamp District. Come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We are also an ideal location for large parties. Printed daily, the menu features the freshest selection of seafood offered in San Diego. The "Fresh List" changes daily and exhibits catches from around the globe. Visit the lively bar and enjoy hand-crafted cocktails using fresh-squeezed juices or try a selection from the extensive wine and beer list. Don't forget to visit us for our famous bar menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)good for groups (23)great for lunch (22)romantic (19)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Food, location, ServiceDinnerprosDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at McCormick & Schmick's. I ordered a NY Strip what was cooked perfectly and tasty. My wife order the steal-head salmon that she enjoyed greatly. Our Server was friendly and attentive. She made some great recommendations which took and ordered. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near petco parkSjcjoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Chose this spot for the location near the ballpark . Service was attentive, food was average for the price.
- disappointedrickDined on 8/9/2014Waitress was very nice but she took a long time to bring our drinks and to take our order. It was not busy at all, one other table beside ours. When our food came so did the flies. We spent most of time shooing the flies away, didn't enjoy our dinner. My wife asked for a medium stake, she got a dry overcooked steak. We don't like to return our food. Just a bad experience.Special Features:
- MVCADined on 8/8/2014We were in San Diego celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. The service was exceptional. When we first arrive we were escorted to a table, that was nice... but wanted something a little more private. Later in the evening, before our entre arrived a table came available and we were asked if we still wanted the booth setting. My husband and I had forgotten about the request, but the manager remembered. That was very nice of the manager to remember and escorted us to our private booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FastdanDined on 8/6/2014Very nice but not exceptional. We would go back for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BreeDined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I ordered the Bone-In Ribeye and the Sole. The ribeye cut like butter and the sole was crispy and buttery. However, the sides that it came with were not anything special. The service was great; our server was attentive and helpful. The seating was private and intimate. Overall great dining experience. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Lovely RestaurantPalominoDined on 8/2/2014Six of us celebrated a birthday on Saturday in a quiet booth and had a terrific dinner and server, Carl. The seafood - tuna tartare, mussels, California sea bass, blackened ahi tuna and a massive juicy hamburger were excellent. The sides - Brussels sprouts and mac cheese and fried were very tasty. Wine list was interesting and provided a range of prices. Our waiter Carl made a terrific suggestion on a zinfandel which we loved. Great food, wonderful environment where you can hear one another talk and have lively dinner conversation, and superior service. We live in the neighborhood and will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great placeTrev504Dined on 8/1/2014We went for a work function with 9 people and needed to bring two kids. They let them have a table next to the adults . They where great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClovisDined on 8/1/2014Great place to have a quiet dinner. Loved the halibut. I'm not in San Diego enough, but I would definitely return to McCormick & Schmick's again. There are some pretty good seafood restaurants in the area, but this is high on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre - Game BiteMartyDined on 8/1/2014We went to McCormick & Schmick's before the Padres game. Good beers on tap, good wine, and the best food for the money. I had the Ahi dinner and it was great. Best is that we were in and out in time for the first pitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 7/27/2014Went for the Lobster Bisque at the request of my nephew. We all had lobster bisque, it was delicious and outstanding. Our entree's were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceexperiencedDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter was really poor but other staff should have made up for the waiter's lack of attention. It took a very long time for him to take our order and neither he, nor any other helper, came back to ask how we were doing, refill water, etc. Our table didn't have all place settings on it when we arrived and we simply didn't have anyone to ask! We were sitting in a booth and had to stand in the aisle multiple times to get anyone to look at us. Our party of six expected much more from this restaurant when comparing the price/category to other similar restaurants.
- Amazing!ktlredDined on 7/26/2014Everything about this visit was amazing! Despite being completely overrun by Comi-Con, the staff still provided incredibly friendly & efficient service, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Food was overlooked, service rude and allowed homeless in restaurant
- Celebrated Wedding AnniversaryDineNamicDined on 7/19/2014We had a really nice private table, the food was excellent and service was great. They even printed our names and "Happy Anniversary" on the menus, which got to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightFoodloverDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I made a same day reservation for our anniversary and we absolutely made the right choice. The staff led by Fernando went out of their way to make sure we had an amazing dinner - from personalized menus, secluded table, special apps and dessert to the sous chef coming out with our server Carol Ann to say Happy Anniversary. The food was great but what really made our night was the people. Thank you for making our night so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTucsonDocDined on 7/12/2014We found this restaraunt to be friendly and the waiter excellent. The manager stopped by our table to make sure all was well, and even comped us a couple of small sorbets. He is a new manager apparantly and really gave a personal touch, showing he really cared for our opinon of his establshment. The seafood here is excellent, great Colorado Rockfish, perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!ksmedstadDined on 7/6/2014The potatoes were dry and un- seasoned, the mashed potatoes tasted like instant, and the broccoli was over salted. The blue cheese salad had good flavor but little dressings and toppings. The steak was okay. The macaroni and cheese was excellent. However the macaroni and cheese shouldn't be the best part of the meal at this price.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBaseballmom26Dined on 7/5/2014We love this place before and after a Padre Game! Food & drinks are always good, staff is very professional. Atmosphere is great, and it's an easy walk to the ballpark.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Food was good. "Bobby" was excellent. It was our 30th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- TerrificDONALDDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary with dinner. We were treated famously and as special guests. The menu was very diversified for seafood and steaks. We had the fish and chips which was delicious and huge. Fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The service was top notch from host to waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Momentsdennemr1Dined on 6/18/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20 year wedding anniversary. The food was excellent and the ambiance was perfect. Although it was Padre game day and there were a lot of people at the bar, they cleared out real quick and we even got the pre-game menu, which was a perfect deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional personal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014GREAT Crab Tower, Shrimp cocktail, fresh grilled halibut, and apple/walnut pie was a dream. We'll be sure to return for more; not to mention the personal service from arrival to departure from all the staff (especially Fernando!).Special Features:
- Celebration LunchFogartyFam3Dined on 6/2/2014Me and my family came for lunch to celebrate my husbands last promotion ceremony with the Coast Guard. The service was great and the server Bobby and the manager Fernando were very attentive and really great in making sure our family had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent so much so that my picky ten year old son tried something new (crabmeat and fig appetizer) and thought it was great. Overall it was a wonderful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy lunch and dinner thereKeihDined on 6/2/2014During my visit of San Diego, I was there twice, once for group lunch and another occasion for dinner. Those were awesome experience to have good food there. Of course, their seafood was good, but burger and steak were good, too.Special Features:
- Great Seafood RestaurantRedSoxFanDined on 5/31/2014Oysters and Martini's to start were exceptional. One of the few places that has Boodles gin. Scallops and risotto were perfect together. Swordfish a treat, don't usually see this on menus elsewhere. Nice that its local/Baja catch and absolutely fresh. Got to sit in the Padres booth, ten years has passed quickly, nice photos.Special Features:
- Big Group yet GREAT ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014I recently made a reservation for 16 following a business meeting in downtown San Diego. After looking at several options and having had experience with M & S's at other locales, my boss and I decided to give the San Diego restaurant a try. We were very pleased from the start. I had to adjust our reservation up a half hour which didn't phase them. Once we arrived, our group stayed in the bar a bit longer than planned so our original reservation would have been just fine. Again, didn't phase them. They seated us when asked and we never waited for anything. Drinks, appetizers, our dinner all timely and delivered without delay. A great dining experience. I'll be happy to use this restaurant again for both personal and business dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good chainjohninshanghaiDined on 5/27/2014We have been eating at the Portland McCormick & Schmick's once or twice a year for a long time -- either as a special family occasion or for professional entertaining. I was meeting with Chinese professional colleagues who were at a convention in San Diego and McCormick & Schmick's seemed a safe choice since I had not been to the Gaslamp district for 10 years and so had no recent personal experience with restaurants there. The location is convenient, everything we had was excellent, the wine list was good and all in all it was a very successful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love FishJTSDVIPDined on 5/24/2014We started with the calamari misto which has carrots & jalapeno & artichoke hearts, nice aioli, my blackened rockfish with blue crab never disappoints. The steelhead trout my friend had was excellent. Great dinner.
- Lunch was okayBillDined on 5/20/2014A year ago I went to the same restaurant for lunch and was able to have the chef fry some of the fresh oysters for my lunch but the server said they don't do that anymore wo I was disappointed because it was the main reason I had made reservations there. I ordered the steam clams that were good and the dungenous crab tower appetizer that had a nice flavor with the avocado and mango but was more of a hutch than a tower with only a thin layer of crab. For the price the serving was miniscule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Belated Mother's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014Food, location, and ambience up to the usual excellent M & S standards. Manager of the restaurant (Fernando?) extremely gracious. That said, our waiter could have used some improvement. Food and drinks were brought very quickly then it was like we fell off the face of the earth. No refills on drinks, no asking of how was the food, and finally not providing the bill in a timely manner (we were going to the theater afterwards). I had to get up twice to get our waiter after trying to get his attention. This was on a Sunday when there was no game either.Special Features:
- Mother's Day LunchSDFamDined on 5/11/2014Great fish selection and large servings. Fernando Rodriguez really took care of us, and showed a genuine interest in our 10 month old baby. He's definitely a nice guy and made the meal experience that much better. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected a better experienceHootersDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant was nicely decorated, we were greeted properly, seated in a nice area, food was great. The only complaint I have is the dress code. Everyone was dressed professionally except for one waitress who looked like she worked at Hooter's. We chose McCormick & Schmick's for an early Mother's Day dinner. If I wanted to expose my Mother in law to a waitress dressed in white daisy dukes with her butt exposed, I would not have spent over $200 for dinner here; would've just gone to Hooter's for a $5 wing meal. If it not for that, I would have rated this place a solid 4 stars.Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinnertaxmaninSDDined on 5/9/2014We got a booth with a drape. We pulled the drape closed and had a totally private dining room for ourselves. No noise, no distractions. Our kind of restaurant. If you love privacy, you will love this. Also a very romantic. Service was timely and unhurried. I ordered a fixed price combo dinner and for $33 it was really a great deal. House salad, blackened rock fish and crème brulee. I also had some of the very best oysters I've ever had. House salad was dry for my taste, but rock fish was good. My wife stole the crème brulee from me, so I assume it was very good. My wife had a beet salad that she loved and a red trout that she also liked, but didn't love. Restaurant added a piece of birthday cake, which I enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstandingJustmeanderDined on 5/3/2014Our waiter was informative, he was just amazing. My wife had the cobia, she said it was very tasty. I had the rockfish, again a very tasty dish. The cocktail menu had some creative drinks, I had one strawberry, lime with a hint of hot peppers, excellent. Cudos to M and S on their excellent staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch - 3 May 14FLYVTECDined on 5/3/2014My game plan was to find a restaurant close to Petco Park so that we could eat then walk to Petco to catch the Padres play the D-Backs. McCormick & Schmick's turned out to be the perfect venue to satisfy my game plan. I celebrated my birthday with a group of friends. Our reservation was at 3pm. We were given the Lunch Menu because dinner is not served until after 4pm. Since the Padres game was at 5:40, we wanted to have time to enjoy our dining experience so 3pm was a reasonable time for us. I ordered a glass of La Joya cabernet, steamed clams and Pacific Rock Fish. All were excellent! I gave the food an overall rating of "Good" because my friends were not impressed with the fish & chips they ordered. Overall, I would recommend this venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 779 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego reviews archive.
- Great DinnerLove2eatoutDined on 4/27/2014My wife and I were visiting San Diego and have a great dinner. We had Hanger Steak and Fish, Crab Cake appetizer and apple pie. All the food was prepared well. The food was excellent. The server was very attentive, but no intrusive.Special Features:
- Consistent quality.ConsistencyDined on 4/26/2014Adjacent to Pet Co Park, the restaurant in the Omni Hotel is always a reliable provider of quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable mealBillDined on 4/24/2014We really enjoyed our anniversary meal at this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non existent attentionFrankVIPDined on 4/18/2014The resturant was less than half full so there was no excuse for being ingnored for waitstaff. The waitress seemed oblivious to requests for foodstuffs. I had to ask other waiters to get us items and ultimately to get our waitress. We weren't in a big rush, but expected some attention for service with a $200 dinner. We won't be back.Special Features: