McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
675 L Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 6196456545x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mary Hinds
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Semi-private upstairs dining overlooking the restaurant and downtown.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
Our restaurant is connected via sky bridge to the new Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, and is perfect for catching a meal before or after the game. We are also conveniently located directly across from the San Diego Convention Center and the historic Gaslamp District. Come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We are also an ideal location for large parties. Printed daily, the menu features the freshest selection of seafood offered in San Diego. The "Fresh List" changes daily and exhibits catches from around the globe. Visit the lively bar and enjoy hand-crafted cocktails using fresh-squeezed juices or try a selection from the extensive wine and beer list. Don't forget to visit us for our famous bar menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (22)romantic (21)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Above and BeyondOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014I chose McCormick and Schmick's Seafood in San Diego for a very special occasion: it was the last stop of an all-day excursion through San Diego with my one and only. We received a perfect little secluded table that allowed intimate conversation and from the moment we sat down, both of us felt welcome in the classy atmosphere. The scratch bar crafted some amazing fresh squeezed strawberry lemonades while the kitchen prepared an incredible plate of calamari. The lobster bisque's presentation was impressive and the crunchy croutons were a nice touch. Each of our entrees were prepared as desired and portioned well. I was also glad to see that the price was so reasonable for such an amazing experience, since I piced up the bill and all 👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Amazing food! Very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Fernando took care of us and made sure that we had everything we needed. He even hooked us up with some little perks for our anniversary. good job guys.Special Features:
- Very good breakfastRedtagVIPDined on 10/19/2014Good breakfast in pleasant atmosphere. The sausage is excellent. Service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatdinksDined on 10/12/2014Ordered filet mignon and although tender, not much flavor. Service very good, but I think the steak could have been better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and SuperbSueAVIPDined on 10/8/2014This was a second visit in a year and it lived up to the wonderful food and ambiance experience I remembered. From the moment we walked in the door until the end of the evening everything was exceptional- from service to food. It's a fish lovers delight but the carefully prepared menu doesn't forget the carnivores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night FavoritetastingsandiegoDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I are from Ohio and loved your restaurant in Columbus, and we were sure we'd love it here too. It was our anniversary and we made a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!CdffiremedicDined on 10/3/2014Cocktails are out of this world..highly recommend the Moscow Mule and the Hemingway Daquiri!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDPJDPMiamiVIPDined on 9/29/2014I always enjoy going here. I am a Landry's Member and love their assortments of restaurants.Special Features:
- If Petco has an event dont goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Extreme poor organization, our group arrived one hour prior to our 6:45 dinner reservation. We were seated at 7:10, my clients had to gobble their food to make the show. Keep in mind, the table we were finally seated was empty the whole hour we were seated in the lobby waiting. Totally embarrassedSpecial Features:
- Overwhelmed ManagementMacca2014Dined on 9/28/2014We made a reservation for 6:45 the night of McCartney's show at Petco Park. The restaurant is immediately next to the stadium and was utterly overwhelmed with people. Management seemed paralyzed. We were seated about 20 minutes late which put the evening at risk since the show was scheduled to start at 8:00. We waited patiently and were actually enjoying the crazy scene in the bar, but we gave the wait staff about 5 minutes to come to the table. They didn't, so we left. Turns out we could have stayed; the show actually started at 8:30 but of course we had no way of knowing that. Petco does not host a lot of shows, but it seems that the management there made no real contingencies for this huge event at the facility literally 200 yards away.
- Out ThereLA58Dined on 9/28/2014That how we felt our reservation was OUT THERE, that fit with the Paul McCartney theme. seated late and service was slow. It seems as is they did not know the rush was coming.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingCt17Dined on 9/28/2014I chose to try this restaurant before the Paul McCartney concert and they were simply overwhelmed and underprepared for the crowd. It took an hour to get food, half hour to get wine, and we never did get bread. Definitely NOT a place to try when there is a big event downtown. On the up side, when the food arrived, it was good and our waiter did try his best.
- cheerstousDined on 9/28/2014couldn't handle busy night-horrible-had to leave without eatingSpecial Features:
- Never got a table...ChrisDined on 9/28/2014Our dinner reservations were for the evening of the Paul McCartney concert in the adjacent Petco Ballpark. When we arrived 30 minutes early, we checked in but could see that the restaurant was seriously overbooked. We waited until long after our 6:30 reservation time had come and passed but we were never called. We went to the concert without dinner.
- Poor service on a busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Had a 6:30p resv the night of Paul McCartney at Petco. Showed up early, asked to wait in line even with resv. Did so for 25 minutes. Saw a couple cut the line because they had a resv. Manager did not address it when prompted so I had to play the bad guy to the customer and ask what made him special. Hosts/FOH manager did not want to deal with the issue. Table was not ready as reserved. We were asked to wait 15 more minutes. Checked back in 20 minutes later and were told another 15 minutes. Hosts did not interact with line or try to manage it and assuage concerns. They hid behind the host stand and looked feckless and the people grew rowdy. Definite lack of planning regardless of their claim to be able to handle these types of crowds.
- Poor managementOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014We have eaten at McCormick & Schmick's several times... they have good food. Service is leisurely, but usually prompt when we are going to an event (we have eaten prior to ball games ). However, this visit we had poor service.. management had not planned for large crowds. We had reservations for dinner 1 hr /45 min before a concert and barely made it . When reservation made, wrote in special instructions were going to the concert . We checked in 30 minutes early to let them know we were there &reminded them of the concert We were seated 30 minutes late, it took 20 minutes to have someone come and take our order and another 40 minutes before the dinner arrived....15 minutes to eat!!Special Features:
- you asked for itprePaulMcCartneyconcertDined on 9/28/2014We booked this restaurant for the location next to Petco Park for the Paul McCartney concert. I have eater there several times and likes the restaurant. Well, they absolutely did not have their act together this night. They booked too many people at the same time and I venture to say most everyone left unhappy. A 75% house with happy customers is much better than a full house with disappointed customers. Service stunk, food took forever, one meal was just warn like it was sitting waiting for the other entrée to be competed. One drink did not taste like what was orfered but it took 1/2 to get it so it would do no good to send it back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014This was a diastrous dining experience. We had reservations at 5:45 pm the night of a sold out concert next door. We gave our food choices to waiter. Took 30 minute to get drinks. After 45 mins we had NO FOOD! Our table guests asked for the manager. Said he would look into it, another 15 minutes I finally got my appetizer. Husband did not. Found out our food ticket did not make it to the kitchen. Another 10 minutes went by, we had to get to concert, so we walked out! Never will return to this very under-staffed, overwhelmed restaurant on one of the busiest nights!!!
- Total FrustrationOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/28/2014Restaurant not prepared for concert crowd! We had reservations 5:45. Seated on time. Ordered 2 sodas, 2 drinks & 1 wine. Ordered 3 bisques and 1 salad. Sodas were delivered with message that bar was "behind." Server came back, said 1st courses behind...took our dinner order. Server asked if we'd like bread, "Yes". Drinks & wine served about 30 minutes after sodas. Never saw our server again. Never received bread, bisque or salad. (Should be turnkey!) Never received dinner. 2 tables near us were served. 3 of our party went at different times to speak with a manager; could not reach one. Spoke to employee who said they were "doing the best they could." At 6:50 we walked out...65 minutes with abysmal service, and not a bite of food.
- Negative experiencebigdisappointmentDined on 9/28/2014This is a place I will never go to again. The service was terrible & the food was awful. I was so upset when I left, after being jacked for a $60 tab for slop that was inedible, I wrote a letter to the corporate office. I would not recommend this restaurant to my friend. Instead, I would strongly talk them out of going there.
- DisappointedPhuudluvrDined on 9/28/2014Had previously dined here several yrs ago and enjoyed it then. Tried it again on 9/28 before Sir Paul's show and was not impressed. Pleasant, but slow service. They had table #'s hand written on a piece of scrap paper sitting on the table to help the new(?) wait staff. Tacky! Bacon wrapped scallops were way over salted with undercooked centers. The coho salmon was not well paired with the overwhelming turnips and it was over cooked and dry. With all the better options downtown I won't return.
- Last minute good choiceguppieeyesDined on 9/20/2014We were staying at the Hilton across the street for a triathlon and needed a nice dinner before the race. We ended up here. Our meal was delicious. We will be back next time we are in town.Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantfoodiexplorerDined on 9/12/2014We will be back and we will be bringing more family and friends. The meal was just amazing and the service was great. The restaurant itself was nice looking. You felt private and the tables were not on top of each other. The noise level was nice, you could hear each other talk without any problems. This would be a perfect place for a special date, a business meeting lunch or dinner. I highly recommend it and so do the other three people that were in our party. They even printed the Happy Birthday message to our guest on our menu, which was an excellent presentation. It was rolled up with a ribbon and presented to us at the end of the meal for a nice touch. The delicious chocolate flourless cake was a kind and delicious perk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience...SdDiningDtDined on 9/3/2014My parents were in town and wanted some top notch seafood. We had a bit of a challenge trying to get to the restaraunt due to the road closures from the padres game. We missed our reservation but when we finally did arrive, Fernando was very accommodating and made us feel welcome. He found us a great table, gave us a free calamari appetizer and continually checked up on us throughout the meal. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable about the menu, and provided us with subperb service. I would recommend this place to all my friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SeafoodAceBVIPDined on 9/3/2014M&S consistently has great seafood dishes. And if you want a steak you will be delighted. I think they get their beef from their sister Resturant Morton's. I bring my family for a pre Padres dinner. But my wife and I came for Valentines Dinner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, location, ServiceDinnerprosDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at McCormick & Schmick's. I ordered a NY Strip what was cooked perfectly and tasty. My wife order the steal-head salmon that she enjoyed greatly. Our Server was friendly and attentive. She made some great recommendations which took and ordered. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near petco parkSjcjoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Chose this spot for the location near the ballpark . Service was attentive, food was average for the price.
- disappointedrickDined on 8/9/2014Waitress was very nice but she took a long time to bring our drinks and to take our order. It was not busy at all, one other table beside ours. When our food came so did the flies. We spent most of time shooing the flies away, didn't enjoy our dinner. My wife asked for a medium stake, she got a dry overcooked steak. We don't like to return our food. Just a bad experience.Special Features:
- MVCADined on 8/8/2014We were in San Diego celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. The service was exceptional. When we first arrive we were escorted to a table, that was nice... but wanted something a little more private. Later in the evening, before our entre arrived a table came available and we were asked if we still wanted the booth setting. My husband and I had forgotten about the request, but the manager remembered. That was very nice of the manager to remember and escorted us to our private booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FastdanDined on 8/6/2014Very nice but not exceptional. We would go back for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BreeDined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I ordered the Bone-In Ribeye and the Sole. The ribeye cut like butter and the sole was crispy and buttery. However, the sides that it came with were not anything special. The service was great; our server was attentive and helpful. The seating was private and intimate. Overall great dining experience. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Lovely RestaurantPalominoDined on 8/2/2014Six of us celebrated a birthday on Saturday in a quiet booth and had a terrific dinner and server, Carl. The seafood - tuna tartare, mussels, California sea bass, blackened ahi tuna and a massive juicy hamburger were excellent. The sides - Brussels sprouts and mac cheese and fried were very tasty. Wine list was interesting and provided a range of prices. Our waiter Carl made a terrific suggestion on a zinfandel which we loved. Great food, wonderful environment where you can hear one another talk and have lively dinner conversation, and superior service. We live in the neighborhood and will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great placeTrev504Dined on 8/1/2014We went for a work function with 9 people and needed to bring two kids. They let them have a table next to the adults . They where great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClovisDined on 8/1/2014Great place to have a quiet dinner. Loved the halibut. I'm not in San Diego enough, but I would definitely return to McCormick & Schmick's again. There are some pretty good seafood restaurants in the area, but this is high on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre - Game BiteMartyDined on 8/1/2014We went to McCormick & Schmick's before the Padres game. Good beers on tap, good wine, and the best food for the money. I had the Ahi dinner and it was great. Best is that we were in and out in time for the first pitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 7/27/2014Went for the Lobster Bisque at the request of my nephew. We all had lobster bisque, it was delicious and outstanding. Our entree's were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceexperiencedDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter was really poor but other staff should have made up for the waiter's lack of attention. It took a very long time for him to take our order and neither he, nor any other helper, came back to ask how we were doing, refill water, etc. Our table didn't have all place settings on it when we arrived and we simply didn't have anyone to ask! We were sitting in a booth and had to stand in the aisle multiple times to get anyone to look at us. Our party of six expected much more from this restaurant when comparing the price/category to other similar restaurants.
- Amazing!ktlredDined on 7/26/2014Everything about this visit was amazing! Despite being completely overrun by Comi-Con, the staff still provided incredibly friendly & efficient service, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Food was overlooked, service rude and allowed homeless in restaurant
- Celebrated Wedding AnniversaryDineNamicDined on 7/19/2014We had a really nice private table, the food was excellent and service was great. They even printed our names and "Happy Anniversary" on the menus, which got to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.