McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
675 L Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 6196456545x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mary Hinds
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Semi-private upstairs dining overlooking the restaurant and downtown.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
Our restaurant is connected via sky bridge to the new Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, and is perfect for catching a meal before or after the game. We are also conveniently located directly across from the San Diego Convention Center and the historic Gaslamp District. Come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We are also an ideal location for large parties. Printed daily, the menu features the freshest selection of seafood offered in San Diego. The "Fresh List" changes daily and exhibits catches from around the globe. Visit the lively bar and enjoy hand-crafted cocktails using fresh-squeezed juices or try a selection from the extensive wine and beer list. Don't forget to visit us for our famous bar menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)good for groups (20)great for lunch (18)romantic (17)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- If Petco has an event dont goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Extreme poor organization, our group arrived one hour prior to our 6:45 dinner reservation. We were seated at 7:10, my clients had to gobble their food to make the show. Keep in mind, the table we were finally seated was empty the whole hour we were seated in the lobby waiting. Totally embarrassedSpecial Features:
- Overwhelmed ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014We made a reservation for 6:45 the night of McCartney's show at Petco Park. The restaurant is immediately next to the stadium and was utterly overwhelmed with people. Management seemed paralyzed. We were seated about 20 minutes late which put the evening at risk since the show was scheduled to start at 8:00. We waited patiently and were actually enjoying the crazy scene in the bar, but we gave the wait staff about 5 minutes to come to the table. They didn't, so we left. Turns out we could have stayed; the show actually started at 8:30 but of course we had no way of knowing that. Petco does not host a lot of shows, but it seems that the management there made no real contingencies for this huge event at the facility literally 200 yards away.
- Out ThereLA58Dined on 9/28/2014That how we felt our reservation was OUT THERE, that fit with the Paul McCartney theme. seated late and service was slow. It seems as is they did not know the rush was coming.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingCt17Dined on 9/28/2014I chose to try this restaurant before the Paul McCartney concert and they were simply overwhelmed and underprepared for the crowd. It took an hour to get food, half hour to get wine, and we never did get bread. Definitely NOT a place to try when there is a big event downtown. On the up side, when the food arrived, it was good and our waiter did try his best.
- cheerstousDined on 9/28/2014couldn't handle busy night-horrible-had to leave without eatingSpecial Features:
- Never got a table...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Our dinner reservations were for the evening of the Paul McCartney concert in the adjacent Petco Ballpark. When we arrived 30 minutes early, we checked in but could see that the restaurant was seriously overbooked. We waited until long after our 6:30 reservation time had come and passed but we were never called. We went to the concert without dinner.
- Poor managementOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014We have eaten at McCormick & Schmick's several times... they have good food. Service is leisurely, but usually prompt when we are going to an event (we have eaten prior to ball games ). However, this visit we had poor service.. management had not planned for large crowds. We had reservations for dinner 1 hr /45 min before a concert and barely made it . When reservation made, wrote in special instructions were going to the concert . We checked in 30 minutes early to let them know we were there &reminded them of the concert We were seated 30 minutes late, it took 20 minutes to have someone come and take our order and another 40 minutes before the dinner arrived....15 minutes to eat!!Special Features:
- you asked for itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We booked this restaurant for the location next to Petco Park for the Paul McCartney concert. I have eater there several times and likes the restaurant. Well, they absolutely did not have their act together this night. They booked too many people at the same time and I venture to say most everyone left unhappy. A 75% house with happy customers is much better than a full house with disappointed customers. Service stunk, food took forever, one meal was just warn like it was sitting waiting for the other entrée to be competed. One drink did not taste like what was orfered but it took 1/2 to get it so it would do no good to send it back.
- Negative experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014This is a place I will never go to again. The service was terrible & the food was awful. I was so upset when I left, after being jacked for a $60 tab for slop that was inedible, I wrote a letter to the corporate office. I would not recommend this restaurant to my friend. Instead, I would strongly talk them out of going there.
- DisappointedPhuudluvrDined on 9/28/2014Had previously dined here several yrs ago and enjoyed it then. Tried it again on 9/28 before Sir Paul's show and was not impressed. Pleasant, but slow service. They had table #'s hand written on a piece of scrap paper sitting on the table to help the new(?) wait staff. Tacky! Bacon wrapped scallops were way over salted with undercooked centers. The coho salmon was not well paired with the overwhelming turnips and it was over cooked and dry. With all the better options downtown I won't return.
- Last minute good choiceguppieeyesDined on 9/20/2014We were staying at the Hilton across the street for a triathlon and needed a nice dinner before the race. We ended up here. Our meal was delicious. We will be back next time we are in town.Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantfoodiexplorerDined on 9/12/2014We will be back and we will be bringing more family and friends. The meal was just amazing and the service was great. The restaurant itself was nice looking. You felt private and the tables were not on top of each other. The noise level was nice, you could hear each other talk without any problems. This would be a perfect place for a special date, a business meeting lunch or dinner. I highly recommend it and so do the other three people that were in our party. They even printed the Happy Birthday message to our guest on our menu, which was an excellent presentation. It was rolled up with a ribbon and presented to us at the end of the meal for a nice touch. The delicious chocolate flourless cake was a kind and delicious perk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience...SdDiningDtDined on 9/3/2014My parents were in town and wanted some top notch seafood. We had a bit of a challenge trying to get to the restaraunt due to the road closures from the padres game. We missed our reservation but when we finally did arrive, Fernando was very accommodating and made us feel welcome. He found us a great table, gave us a free calamari appetizer and continually checked up on us throughout the meal. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable about the menu, and provided us with subperb service. I would recommend this place to all my friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SeafoodAceBVIPDined on 9/3/2014M&S consistently has great seafood dishes. And if you want a steak you will be delighted. I think they get their beef from their sister Resturant Morton's. I bring my family for a pre Padres dinner. But my wife and I came for Valentines Dinner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, location, ServiceDinnerprosDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at McCormick & Schmick's. I ordered a NY Strip what was cooked perfectly and tasty. My wife order the steal-head salmon that she enjoyed greatly. Our Server was friendly and attentive. She made some great recommendations which took and ordered. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near petco parkSjcjoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Chose this spot for the location near the ballpark . Service was attentive, food was average for the price.
- disappointedrickDined on 8/9/2014Waitress was very nice but she took a long time to bring our drinks and to take our order. It was not busy at all, one other table beside ours. When our food came so did the flies. We spent most of time shooing the flies away, didn't enjoy our dinner. My wife asked for a medium stake, she got a dry overcooked steak. We don't like to return our food. Just a bad experience.Special Features:
- MVCADined on 8/8/2014We were in San Diego celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. The service was exceptional. When we first arrive we were escorted to a table, that was nice... but wanted something a little more private. Later in the evening, before our entre arrived a table came available and we were asked if we still wanted the booth setting. My husband and I had forgotten about the request, but the manager remembered. That was very nice of the manager to remember and escorted us to our private booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FastdanDined on 8/6/2014Very nice but not exceptional. We would go back for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BreeDined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I ordered the Bone-In Ribeye and the Sole. The ribeye cut like butter and the sole was crispy and buttery. However, the sides that it came with were not anything special. The service was great; our server was attentive and helpful. The seating was private and intimate. Overall great dining experience. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Lovely RestaurantPalominoDined on 8/2/2014Six of us celebrated a birthday on Saturday in a quiet booth and had a terrific dinner and server, Carl. The seafood - tuna tartare, mussels, California sea bass, blackened ahi tuna and a massive juicy hamburger were excellent. The sides - Brussels sprouts and mac cheese and fried were very tasty. Wine list was interesting and provided a range of prices. Our waiter Carl made a terrific suggestion on a zinfandel which we loved. Great food, wonderful environment where you can hear one another talk and have lively dinner conversation, and superior service. We live in the neighborhood and will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great placeTrev504Dined on 8/1/2014We went for a work function with 9 people and needed to bring two kids. They let them have a table next to the adults . They where great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClovisDined on 8/1/2014Great place to have a quiet dinner. Loved the halibut. I'm not in San Diego enough, but I would definitely return to McCormick & Schmick's again. There are some pretty good seafood restaurants in the area, but this is high on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre - Game BiteMartyDined on 8/1/2014We went to McCormick & Schmick's before the Padres game. Good beers on tap, good wine, and the best food for the money. I had the Ahi dinner and it was great. Best is that we were in and out in time for the first pitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 7/27/2014Went for the Lobster Bisque at the request of my nephew. We all had lobster bisque, it was delicious and outstanding. Our entree's were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceexperiencedDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter was really poor but other staff should have made up for the waiter's lack of attention. It took a very long time for him to take our order and neither he, nor any other helper, came back to ask how we were doing, refill water, etc. Our table didn't have all place settings on it when we arrived and we simply didn't have anyone to ask! We were sitting in a booth and had to stand in the aisle multiple times to get anyone to look at us. Our party of six expected much more from this restaurant when comparing the price/category to other similar restaurants.
- Amazing!ktlredDined on 7/26/2014Everything about this visit was amazing! Despite being completely overrun by Comi-Con, the staff still provided incredibly friendly & efficient service, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Food was overlooked, service rude and allowed homeless in restaurant
- Celebrated Wedding AnniversaryDineNamicDined on 7/19/2014We had a really nice private table, the food was excellent and service was great. They even printed our names and "Happy Anniversary" on the menus, which got to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightFoodloverDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I made a same day reservation for our anniversary and we absolutely made the right choice. The staff led by Fernando went out of their way to make sure we had an amazing dinner - from personalized menus, secluded table, special apps and dessert to the sous chef coming out with our server Carol Ann to say Happy Anniversary. The food was great but what really made our night was the people. Thank you for making our night so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTucsonDocDined on 7/12/2014We found this restaraunt to be friendly and the waiter excellent. The manager stopped by our table to make sure all was well, and even comped us a couple of small sorbets. He is a new manager apparantly and really gave a personal touch, showing he really cared for our opinon of his establshment. The seafood here is excellent, great Colorado Rockfish, perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!ksmedstadDined on 7/6/2014The potatoes were dry and un- seasoned, the mashed potatoes tasted like instant, and the broccoli was over salted. The blue cheese salad had good flavor but little dressings and toppings. The steak was okay. The macaroni and cheese was excellent. However the macaroni and cheese shouldn't be the best part of the meal at this price.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBaseballmom26Dined on 7/5/2014We love this place before and after a Padre Game! Food & drinks are always good, staff is very professional. Atmosphere is great, and it's an easy walk to the ballpark.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Food was good. "Bobby" was excellent. It was our 30th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- TerrificDONALDDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary with dinner. We were treated famously and as special guests. The menu was very diversified for seafood and steaks. We had the fish and chips which was delicious and huge. Fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The service was top notch from host to waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Momentsdennemr1Dined on 6/18/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20 year wedding anniversary. The food was excellent and the ambiance was perfect. Although it was Padre game day and there were a lot of people at the bar, they cleared out real quick and we even got the pre-game menu, which was a perfect deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional personal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014GREAT Crab Tower, Shrimp cocktail, fresh grilled halibut, and apple/walnut pie was a dream. We'll be sure to return for more; not to mention the personal service from arrival to departure from all the staff (especially Fernando!).Special Features:
- The following 794 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego reviews archive.
- Celebration LunchFogartyFam3Dined on 6/2/2014Me and my family came for lunch to celebrate my husbands last promotion ceremony with the Coast Guard. The service was great and the server Bobby and the manager Fernando were very attentive and really great in making sure our family had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent so much so that my picky ten year old son tried something new (crabmeat and fig appetizer) and thought it was great. Overall it was a wonderful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy lunch and dinner thereKeihDined on 6/2/2014During my visit of San Diego, I was there twice, once for group lunch and another occasion for dinner. Those were awesome experience to have good food there. Of course, their seafood was good, but burger and steak were good, too.Special Features:
- Great Seafood RestaurantRedSoxFanVIPDined on 5/31/2014Oysters and Martini's to start were exceptional. One of the few places that has Boodles gin. Scallops and risotto were perfect together. Swordfish a treat, don't usually see this on menus elsewhere. Nice that its local/Baja catch and absolutely fresh. Got to sit in the Padres booth, ten years has passed quickly, nice photos.Special Features: