McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
675 L Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (619) 645-6545
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mary Hinds
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Semi-private upstairs dining overlooking the restaurant and downtown.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego
Our restaurant is connected via sky bridge to the new Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, and is perfect for catching a meal before or after the game. We are also conveniently located directly across from the San Diego Convention Center and the historic Gaslamp District. Come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We are also an ideal location for large parties. Printed daily, the menu features the freshest selection of seafood offered in San Diego. The "Fresh List" changes daily and exhibits catches from around the globe. Visit the lively bar and enjoy hand-crafted cocktails using fresh-squeezed juices or try a selection from the extensive wine and beer list. Don't forget to visit us for our famous bar menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)fit for foodies (33)romantic (31)good for groups (30)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- BogeymanbogeymanDined on 11/18/2014Went here with my wife for our last night in San Diego. It was a wonderful ending to a great trip. The restaurant was quiet, we had one of the private booths, and the food was outstanding. I had the steelhead trout and my wife had the stuffed sole. Both were outstanding. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I've eaten in other McCormick and Schmick's restaurants and was looking forward to dining in this one, but was very dissatisfied with the service. It wasn't a busy night and we had a 7:00 dinner reservation, but waited 20 minutes after we were seated to get menus and a glass of water and over 50 minutes to get served. When I requested a second glass of wine about half way through my meal, it arrived just as I was finishing my dinner some 10-15 minute later. Very disappointing.
- A little unpleasentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My girlfriend and I decided to go out on Sunday and to our surprise there was a free meal involved for veterans day which was nice. We were enjoying our evening. Unfortunately, we were right by the patio door. There were about 4 people outside that were smoking and we could smell it through the door for some of the night. We didn't say anything to the waitress because they would stop smoking and the smell would go away for a minute. Then they would start smoking again then we thought that they would eventually go away. That was not the case. They were outside until we left. Other than that the fish was okay I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but the steak was amazing and well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAndyP82Dined on 11/9/2014A friend of mine and I came to the restaurant for dinner during the salute to veterans event. The hostess was very welcoming and personable. We were seated within minutes of our reservation time. The server Carol Anne was excellent. She graciously tended to our needs and provided outstanding service with a genuine smile. The food was delicious and of high quality for the price! It was my friend's first time to the establishment and he too was impressed. Thanks again for making the veterans feel at home for the meal. Will definitely dine again there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honoring veterans4gratefulvetsDined on 11/9/2014It was a wonderful evening! There was a large list of meals offered for the veteran specials, and the food was excellent, as well as the service! Thank you for honoring our vets with such a special evening; it was definitely a treat:)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bad buserlulu128Dined on 11/9/2014My husband and I had a wonderful night. As we were about to leave though we saw the table buser drop silverware then put them on the table for the next guest to use. We brought it up and they where changed by a waiter before the new guest had a chance to use them. Just wow. I was shocked. Such a nice restaurant that should not happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014This was my first experience thanks to the Salute to Veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014One word for this place! Awesome! This was the 4th year we have been here for the Veterans Day free dinner. I have requested one of the private booths every year and they have obliged every time! This is the best Veterans Day dinner available! The service is always great, as well as the meals and drinks. Fernando was so wonderful to us! He went over the top to ensure that we had a great time! He is truly an asset to your company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for Vets Day mealJerryDined on 11/9/2014It is a classy act to remember Vets Day with a Sunday dinner for vets. I appreciate it and so do all the other vets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nov.11, 2014 review of McCormick and schmickswillyDined on 11/9/2014This is the second time we have taken advantage of the Veterans free meal offer by this restaurant. Last year the food was not very good most likely because we had a very early reservation. This year both the meal and the service were outstanding. I had dined at McCormick and Schmicks before both in San Diego and the Virginia. Beach locations. They were excellent which was why last year was so disappointing. They more than made up for it this year. Thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experience8itallDined on 11/9/2014Our Veteran's day meal was exquisite and the service exceptional. I told my 160+ FB Friends that we were treated like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - service lacked attentionFromSDDined on 11/9/2014Best salmon on cedar plank in San Diego. Cooked to perfection and tasted magnificently! With that said, our waiter was not very attentive. My group was left to its own vail at times. Altjough the service improved towards the end it was upsetting to have to ask the bus-boys for water, bread, refills because our waiter forgot us.... If not for that it was a 4.5 star rest. (Maybe the waiter had a rough day that noon!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceGaslightmomentsDined on 11/9/2014Our server and waiter were excellent. We will definitely return for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDaveDined on 11/9/2014The food was good but, the service even better! Truly a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingrmont917Dined on 11/9/2014The food was Outstanding, the girl forgot to bring the bread and was so so service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodLagirlDined on 11/9/2014This is the second time that I have eaten at this restaurant. The food was excellent. Thank you for honoring Veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014A great location for this restaurant. A little pricey for what you get, but the view and the atmosphere definitely factor into that. The food was just okay, a little bland, but well presented. The service was terrific, as well. Was very pleased to see Alesmith Brewery, among other craft beers, on draught, and would definitely consider stopping by the bar again.Special Features:
- Service was terrrribleMcCterriblesDined on 11/9/2014I made reservations for their Veteran's Day special to celebrate with my significant other. It wasn't packed at the time but it took at least 40 minutes for someone to notice us. It was quite offensive. My SO wanted to leave but I convinced him to stay because we came all the way from North County for their special. I wanted to order off their brunch menu and by the time the server came by she informed us that they weren't serving breakfast anymore but she could bring me eggs. I didn't want an overpriced halfassed breakfast. Other tables were getting breakfast items the whole time we were there. SO ordered off the veteran's menu. His food was okay. Fish and chips made with Tilapia, the cheapest grade fish money can buy.
- Great for LunchgreatserviceDined on 11/9/2014This was my first time here and I was impressed with the service. My waiter who name escapes me was great he definitely paid attention to us and was very pro active to our needs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014The food was amazing; it was fresh, cooked perfectly, and beautifully arranged. There was an adequate wine list, offering 3 types of each wine type by the glass. Food service was good; waters were refilled without asking, food was served hot, and the service staff “waited” not “lurked”. I was disappointed that our soups were not served; that makes the difference between good and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with dinnertralaVIPDined on 11/3/2014I had breakfast here and it was ok but nothing special. Service was a little slow even thought the restaurant was not full. Stick with dinners when the food is really good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondAlyssaandmeDined on 10/25/2014I chose McCormick and Schmick's Seafood in San Diego for a very special occasion: it was the last stop of an all-day excursion through San Diego with my one and only. We received a perfect little secluded table that allowed intimate conversation and from the moment we sat down, both of us felt welcome in the classy atmosphere. The scratch bar crafted some amazing fresh squeezed strawberry lemonades while the kitchen prepared an incredible plate of calamari. The lobster bisque's presentation was impressive and the crunchy croutons were a nice touch. Each of our entrees were prepared as desired and portioned well. I was also glad to see that the price was so reasonable for such an amazing experience, since I piced up the bill and all 👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Amazing food! Very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Fernando took care of us and made sure that we had everything we needed. He even hooked us up with some little perks for our anniversary. good job guys.Special Features:
- Very good breakfastRedtagVIPDined on 10/19/2014Good breakfast in pleasant atmosphere. The sausage is excellent. Service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatdinksDined on 10/12/2014Ordered filet mignon and although tender, not much flavor. Service very good, but I think the steak could have been better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and SuperbSueAVIPDined on 10/8/2014This was a second visit in a year and it lived up to the wonderful food and ambiance experience I remembered. From the moment we walked in the door until the end of the evening everything was exceptional- from service to food. It's a fish lovers delight but the carefully prepared menu doesn't forget the carnivores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night FavoritetastingsandiegoDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I are from Ohio and loved your restaurant in Columbus, and we were sure we'd love it here too. It was our anniversary and we made a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!CdffiremedicDined on 10/3/2014Cocktails are out of this world..highly recommend the Moscow Mule and the Hemingway Daquiri!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDPJDPMiamiVIPDined on 9/29/2014I always enjoy going here. I am a Landry's Member and love their assortments of restaurants.Special Features:
- If Petco has an event dont goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Extreme poor organization, our group arrived one hour prior to our 6:45 dinner reservation. We were seated at 7:10, my clients had to gobble their food to make the show. Keep in mind, the table we were finally seated was empty the whole hour we were seated in the lobby waiting. Totally embarrassedSpecial Features:
- Overwhelmed ManagementMacca2014Dined on 9/28/2014We made a reservation for 6:45 the night of McCartney's show at Petco Park. The restaurant is immediately next to the stadium and was utterly overwhelmed with people. Management seemed paralyzed. We were seated about 20 minutes late which put the evening at risk since the show was scheduled to start at 8:00. We waited patiently and were actually enjoying the crazy scene in the bar, but we gave the wait staff about 5 minutes to come to the table. They didn't, so we left. Turns out we could have stayed; the show actually started at 8:30 but of course we had no way of knowing that. Petco does not host a lot of shows, but it seems that the management there made no real contingencies for this huge event at the facility literally 200 yards away.
- Out ThereLA58Dined on 9/28/2014That how we felt our reservation was OUT THERE, that fit with the Paul McCartney theme. seated late and service was slow. It seems as is they did not know the rush was coming.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingCt17Dined on 9/28/2014I chose to try this restaurant before the Paul McCartney concert and they were simply overwhelmed and underprepared for the crowd. It took an hour to get food, half hour to get wine, and we never did get bread. Definitely NOT a place to try when there is a big event downtown. On the up side, when the food arrived, it was good and our waiter did try his best.
- cheerstousDined on 9/28/2014couldn't handle busy night-horrible-had to leave without eatingSpecial Features:
- Never got a table...ChrisDined on 9/28/2014Our dinner reservations were for the evening of the Paul McCartney concert in the adjacent Petco Ballpark. When we arrived 30 minutes early, we checked in but could see that the restaurant was seriously overbooked. We waited until long after our 6:30 reservation time had come and passed but we were never called. We went to the concert without dinner.
- Poor service on a busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Had a 6:30p resv the night of Paul McCartney at Petco. Showed up early, asked to wait in line even with resv. Did so for 25 minutes. Saw a couple cut the line because they had a resv. Manager did not address it when prompted so I had to play the bad guy to the customer and ask what made him special. Hosts/FOH manager did not want to deal with the issue. Table was not ready as reserved. We were asked to wait 15 more minutes. Checked back in 20 minutes later and were told another 15 minutes. Hosts did not interact with line or try to manage it and assuage concerns. They hid behind the host stand and looked feckless and the people grew rowdy. Definite lack of planning regardless of their claim to be able to handle these types of crowds.
- Poor managementOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014We have eaten at McCormick & Schmick's several times... they have good food. Service is leisurely, but usually prompt when we are going to an event (we have eaten prior to ball games ). However, this visit we had poor service.. management had not planned for large crowds. We had reservations for dinner 1 hr /45 min before a concert and barely made it . When reservation made, wrote in special instructions were going to the concert . We checked in 30 minutes early to let them know we were there &reminded them of the concert We were seated 30 minutes late, it took 20 minutes to have someone come and take our order and another 40 minutes before the dinner arrived....15 minutes to eat!!Special Features:
- you asked for itprePaulMcCartneyconcertDined on 9/28/2014We booked this restaurant for the location next to Petco Park for the Paul McCartney concert. I have eater there several times and likes the restaurant. Well, they absolutely did not have their act together this night. They booked too many people at the same time and I venture to say most everyone left unhappy. A 75% house with happy customers is much better than a full house with disappointed customers. Service stunk, food took forever, one meal was just warn like it was sitting waiting for the other entrée to be competed. One drink did not taste like what was orfered but it took 1/2 to get it so it would do no good to send it back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014This was a diastrous dining experience. We had reservations at 5:45 pm the night of a sold out concert next door. We gave our food choices to waiter. Took 30 minute to get drinks. After 45 mins we had NO FOOD! Our table guests asked for the manager. Said he would look into it, another 15 minutes I finally got my appetizer. Husband did not. Found out our food ticket did not make it to the kitchen. Another 10 minutes went by, we had to get to concert, so we walked out! Never will return to this very under-staffed, overwhelmed restaurant on one of the busiest nights!!!
- Total FrustrationOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/28/2014Restaurant not prepared for concert crowd! We had reservations 5:45. Seated on time. Ordered 2 sodas, 2 drinks & 1 wine. Ordered 3 bisques and 1 salad. Sodas were delivered with message that bar was "behind." Server came back, said 1st courses behind...took our dinner order. Server asked if we'd like bread, "Yes". Drinks & wine served about 30 minutes after sodas. Never saw our server again. Never received bread, bisque or salad. (Should be turnkey!) Never received dinner. 2 tables near us were served. 3 of our party went at different times to speak with a manager; could not reach one. Spoke to employee who said they were "doing the best they could." At 6:50 we walked out...65 minutes with abysmal service, and not a bite of food.