McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Sacramento
1111 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 9164428200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday -4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Kyle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether planning a business meeting, rehearsal dinner or holiday party, you can count on McCormick & Schmick’s to create an event sure to be memorable with our excellent service, delicious food & unparalleled hospitality. Our flexible dining spaces & customized menus can accommodate any event need.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8776491173
- Entertainment: Be sure to visit us for our famous happy hour, featuring select menu items for a $1.95 . This famous happy Hour menu is available in bar only. Drink specials are also available during happy hour. Our extensive happy hour menu is served weekdays, both early & late evenings.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Sacramento
The menu at McCormick & Schmick's located in the old Elks building is printed twice daily & features more then 30 varieties of fresh fish & seafood flown in from around the world, served in a timeless & traditional presentation. Our lively bar is perfect for enjoying traditional mixology at is best. All cocktails are made with fresh squeezed juices & hand shaken, never blended. Also available are single malt scotches, craft beers & an extensive selection of premium wines to accompany your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
- The calamari appetizer wasannivdinersDined on 10/4/2013The calamari appetizer was very good but the Caesar salad was substandard. I order the seared Ahi, which was delivered to the center of the table and presented as if it was an appetizer. The cucumber salad had seaweed in it & tasted like I was eating sea water. When we asked about my husband's meal, there was a look of confusion. Turns out his meal was overlooked & not prepared. When it did arrive, the beef medallions he ordered were overcooked. The decaf coffee my husband ordered after the meal resembled hot tea & tasted poorly. So did the other 2 cups brought out to replace it. The management was nice & very apologetic but unfortunately, it will be our last visit there.
- After the theatreDaisyMaeDined on 9/28/2013Had dinner after a Saturday Theatre Matinee and we had a relaxing atmosphere and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop pushing the club cardOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2013I have lunch at M&S occasinally. The food and serivice are always good. Both were good this visit, but when it came time to pay the bill, our waiter really started pushing this club card. He ignored my polite "no thanks" and pushed on trying to sell me this card. I told him I'd check it out on line and he acted very disapponted that I wouldn't buy it right then. It costs $25 and I didn't like getting hassled to buy it after quiet lunch. I'm sure I'll go back. I do like M&S. Hopefully they will revad this review and tell their waiters to stop the hard sell of these club cards. People go to M&S expecting an upscale dining experience, not a trip to GNC or Rite aid, where they are pressured to buy a gold card at checkout.Special Features:
- Sea Food Eaters Make Better LoversSalmonloverDined on 9/12/2013Great steak and crab stuffed salmon. Nice atmosphere !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable FishMySelf888Dined on 9/10/2013I love a good plain piece of lobster and they did not disappoint. They have a "signature side" of lobster tail with some drawn butter and lemon - just what I wanted. The server seemed distracted - he forgot to enter my 1/2 doz. oysters so they did not come as a starter with the other app., but were my after-salad course instead. The fried shrimp and french fries where YUMMY. Hubby had Cashew Crusted Tilapia and enjoyed it - just a touch of sweet from the rum butter. The crab tower app. was a good idea, but the crab had a pretty strong fishy flavor, so we didn't LOVE it. Overall the food was good, but the service was "meh".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterLynnVIPDined on 9/9/2013The lobster was dry and not flavorful. Lobster potatoes were great. Dessert, apple walnut pie with cinnamon ice cream was divineSpecial Features:
- Spur of the momentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2013We made the reservation for dinner on a Saturday night about 1 hr before we planned to arrive and they had tables available. The valet parking at $5 was worthwhile and convenient. Waited all of one minute to be seated since we were right on time. Great entree selection and the portion sizes left us taking some home. Enjoyed the ambience during our short wait for each of our courses. Food exceeded our expectations even though this wasn't our first time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, below average serviceRichinSacDined on 9/7/2013As usual the food was wonderful but the service was a bit less than expected. Upon arrival we were shown to a table that was very nice however the sun was shining right into my face and eventhough the restaurant was nearly empty I wasn't offered an opportunity to move to a spot where the sun would not be shining on me. The server arrived and I made a comment about the sun and she stated that it would go down soon. She took our drink orders and asked if we would like bread, to which I said yes. After ordering and receiving our appetizers I asked for the bread and she acted like we had never talked about bread. I love the food at this restaurant but probably will not return due to the lack of customer service. We didn't feel valued at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing steakYashaDined on 9/6/2013probably one of the best steaks I had. I'm a chef myself, and I was very impressed with the med-rare dry rubbed ribeye steak. The fat was rendered down perfectly, but they still managed to get a beautifully crusted sear and preserve the tenderness of cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013Food was Luke warm and not that good....waiter was in training. Which is ok but his trainer did not help him.
- Great for Special OccassionChuckDined on 8/31/2013This restaurant is what we call "fancy" - not our normal place to eat, but we wanted something "fancy" to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The service was wonderful, and our entrees were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited parking & a lot of traffic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2013I do not feel that a disabled person with a placard, should have to pay a valet fee. The food & service was very good, however the parking & traffic left a lot to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary CelebrationluvteatoutDined on 8/28/2013We celebrated the start of our 37th wedding anniversary with dinner . The Chef's suggestion was excellent. We had clam chowder soup, beef medalions and shrimp and creme burlue for dessert. Other than the end pieces of the meat being a little salty, we left as very satisfied customers. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown SacramentoOexrexDined on 8/27/2013Decent seafood in downtown Sacramento w/out the hassle of going into Old Town and EZ parking...cousin to McCormick & Kuleto @ Ghirardelli Sq......very acceptable seafood selection( salmon was good but farmed ) clse proximity to Muic Circus ( & likely Dwntwn Arena when built ) valet parking. For Sacramento, not a bad choice for dining downtown area, in fact one which I would dine again at. On a Wed evening before Music Circus, room was very sparsely patronized but thats probably par for downtown Sacramento, which becomes a ghost town after work due to the heavy state worker crowd.Special Features:
- Great flexibilitybpbwVIPDined on 8/25/2013We both asked for substitutions on our accompaniments and the chef could not have been more accommodating - most especially when the server advised my husband that the tartar sauce was spicy (which would not work for him at all). The server went back to the chef who made a tartar sauce from scratch without the chili just for my husband. That was very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuffed shrimp...MMMMMrogerDined on 8/25/2013Good bread to start....Had a great plate of stuffed shrimp and a good house Chard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different experiencediningtourerDined on 8/22/2013It was a great experience. I am not from California, and the employees made me feel very much welcomed. The food and drinks came out in a timely manner, and everything tasted great! I completely enjoyed the atmospher and the dining experience. I would definitely recommend that people visit the restaruant, and plan to again if I'm back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2013We were there for our anniversary but yet again, disappointed in the service......seems like it always takes SO long in between entrees to get our food......I think we waited 25 minutes for our entrees after we finished our dinner salads. And the restaurant was only 1/2 full....so it wasn't real busy. And then they are not good at coming around to give you water or soda refills.....thank god the bread is excellent! Ambience is good. The side dishes for the entrees need improvement. They are blah and skimpy.....presentation is not appealing.Special Features:
- Off nightNeighborVIPDined on 8/19/2013The lobster tails had an unusual taste and did not appear fresh. It was a special so it may have been prepared in a different way. I will not order lobster from this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Great Date spotRocketmanjimDined on 8/16/2013Wanted to treat my wife to a very nice dinner for our anniversary. Great happy hour, friendly, helpful bar staff and nice surroundings a block from the State Capitol. Dinner was outstanding. Excellent wine list, friendly, professional staff who went the extra mile to see that our needs were met. I was even able to prearrange with reservation staff to have a personalized menu to commemorate the occasion; very nice touch. Our food was Excellent. The stuffed shrimp and the salmon were cooked to order and it was absolutly delicious.From the drinks, appetizers to maincourse and dessert, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody. Great location, parking was close, food and staff were outstanding. We would definitly come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had not been to restaurantIndiaDined on 8/14/2013Had not been to restaurant before but want to state that the food was very good, especially the Shrimp kisses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was average, at best.Clearview3000VIPDined on 8/11/2013The food was average, at best. Service was okay. We had to ask for silverware twice - not okay for the price you're paying. The ambiance and decor of the restaurant is very nice. It's the type of place you want to like, it just doesn't quite make it.
- Think we were forgottenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2013My associate and I wanted to have a very nice dinner near our hotel and not have to stay up to late. The dinner itself was really good, with the lobster bisque being amazing and the Diabolical Diablo (something like that) drink was perfection. However, the service was really lacking. It was not busy, yet we were not taken care of quickly at our table the whole evening. We even had to ask for bread and our order was taken after people who came in after us got their starter. It was really disappointing! Probably will not go back there the next time we come to Sacramento.
- worst service yetgmanz10Dined on 8/4/2013we often frequent schmicks and this was the worst service we have ever had, not to mention the sub par food. our server never refilled waters or drinks during our entire meal, and the manager who should be helping spent most of his time standing at the host podium. It came to a point that I walked to the bar to get a drink. upon arriving I was the only patron at the bar, the bartender turns to me and says "I will be with you in a few minutes". I understand he was making drinks for the servers, but it was adding insult to injury at this point. needless to say it will be a while before we return
- fine dining with charmfishyliciousDined on 8/1/2013We enjoyed the historical ambiance along with the art deco touches. Overall, the food was excellent with the exception of the fresh salmon that had a very unusual and unpleasant taste. The service is excellent. Our waitress was very pleasant and efficient.The desserts were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took a good friend lastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2013I took a good friend last week to celebrate our joint 77th birthday. We've been there before, usually for celebrations of one kind or another. The food was good, and ambiance is nice (I remember to old building where I attended dozens of fund raisers years ago. Service was really good---not too much intervention.Special Features:
- Took friends there for a birthdayJayCeeDined on 7/29/2013Took friends there for a birthday lunch and once again, M & S didn't disappoint. Service is consistently good and I've not had a bad dish there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful night with friendsKarynDined on 7/27/2013We came to celebrate our anniversary with our best friends. We had great service. We stayed for 3 hours and never felt rushed. The food was really good. We lover the soup but it was a tiny salty but very tasty. The rib eye was nicely seasoned and cooked just right. The whole dinner was great . Dessert was awesomeSpecial Features:
- the first visittlakeDined on 7/19/2013We chose lunch time for our first visit.....1p.m...the restaurant had been recommended by friends. It exceeded our expectations. The staff was efficient, friendly, helpful; food was prepared perfectly and the clam chowder was the nest I have had, even better than the SF Pier39, etc area. Prices were very reasonable for lunch. Looking forward to enjoying a dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick was greatOrioooVIPDined on 7/16/2013Dinner was very good. We split the chop salad and it was plenty and had halibut for our entrees. The avocado with poco de gallo was a nice touch. Nick pulled it all together with his charm and efficiency. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkaydineoutfrequentlyDined on 7/13/2013The food was good but not notable, especially for the price. I've had food just as good other places for less money and the same ambience. Probably won't go out of my way to return here unless someone in my party really wants to go there.
- Not up to restaurant standardsreviewerDined on 7/13/2013I've dined at McCormick & Schmicks in several other states and was always impressed with the food and service. We ordered parmesan encrusted sole; when presented it was overcooked and the presentation looked like a TV dinner placed on the plate! The other entry was medallions in bournaise sauce...the sauce was more au jus, nothing close to bournaise. the service was not warm and inviting, but went through the motions. They took back the sole and replaced it with shrimp scampi which was eatable, but nothing special. We were comped a strawberry/shortcake which the strawberries were a bit mushy. Overall for $99, not a pleasant experience.
- Very nice atmosphere. PricyNobeDined on 7/9/2013Very nice atmosphere. Pricy at dinner. Great Happy Hour and lunch value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day DinnerIrishmistDined on 7/7/2013I brought my boyfriend here for dinner for his birthday. It took awhile to be greeted and taken to our table, but it was well worth the wait. The service and food were outstanding. I would recommend this place to everyone. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ChowderKatyDined on 6/21/2013out of this world chowder....the best ever for me. first rate entrees, remarkably good cheese cake. wait staff was attentive. they were out of a bar item that left us perplexed.....over all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice father's day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013The food was good and visually very beautiful. The server was prompt and very nice. I would recommend that they have more sandwich options for lunch. Fish is their main fare. Then steaks....beyond that, very minimal choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCormick & Schmick's ReviewHeart4thisDined on 6/8/2013The atmosphere of McCormick & Schmick's is really nice and comfortable for dining. The service was really good and our server(Mika) was very knowledgeable of menu and gave recommendations. The Chef could pay a little more attention to the food. My swordfish was a tad overcooked. It wasn't bad, but could have been better. The spinach and mushrooms that the fish were on was extremely salty in spots. Unedible!!! The clam chowder was really good and the crab cake we had was good, but it was not lump crab meat as stated on menu. My wife really enjoyed her meal of beef medallions. All in all, it was a pleasant experience that could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCormick & Schmick's is reliablyKFHayesDined on 6/8/2013McCormick & Schmick's is reliably good. They are awfully proud of their wine list, charging maybe 20% more than what seems like a reasonable mark-up for California wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu choices, great servicewrkingmomDined on 6/7/2013We found the restaurant layout very nice, private tables and great service. The menu was good, lots of choices. Our only disappoinment was that our appetizer (Coconut shrimp) was overcooked and the stuffed salmon could have used a bit more seasoning.Special Features:
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2013The time it took to seat us in an almost empty restaurant was far too long. Over 10 minutes m with 4 people asking have you been helped, but no one helping, sad . I did expect better when I make a reservationSpecial Features: