McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Roseville - The Fountains
1194 Roseville Parkway
Roseville, CA 95678Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Roseville - The Fountains
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (916) 960-4875
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: : 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ray Wirtz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Roseville - The Fountains
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant is located in Roseville in The Fountains lifestyle center. Our menu offers over thirty species of fresh seafood daily with a wide selection of hand-cut steaks. In addition to our world famous $2.99 bar Happy Hour menu, our bar features an extensive selection of specialty hand crafted cocktails made with fresh squeezed juices, along with draft beers & an impressive wine list representing the world's most well known regions. Our beautiful wood & stained glass dining room decors are complemented with outdoor patio seating & a large private dining area for meetings or dining up to fifty guests. Make your reservation today & begin a fresh seafood experience that will be long remembered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Roseville - The Fountains - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Roseville - The Fountains reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (51)good for groups (51)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (31)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)Show More
- Interesting menusjimoDined on 11/20/2014Plenty of good and interesting choices of food and drinks. Service was a bit slow on drinks. Our waitress did not get my salad order correct and we had to remind her about one wine order, which was later comp'd. Other than that, we had a good dinner with plenty of bread, and were not rushed.Special Features:
- Great dinner with Friends!EatnDrinkinSacDined on 11/15/2014My Husband and I went to dinner at McCormick and Schmicks for the first time last Saturday. We chose this restaurant because of the diverse and delicious menu selections. From appetizers to main plates, there was a large selection of items that would appeal to every palette. We made our reservation through Open Table, however, when we got to the restaurant we had to wait. Not a problem, they have a large bar area with a pretty robust wine list, YUM! (We waited approximately 30 minutes for our table, despite the reservation) We were seated in one of the main dining rooms in a private booth, where we could have closed the drapes. We didn't but it was still quite cozy for our party of 4. The restaurant is noisy but not loud. You can hold a conversation without having to raise your voice but I wouldn't call the environment "quiet." We were served by Justin, who really knew his stuff! He was knowledgeable, timing was great and he apologized when necessary. Which brings us to the good stuff...the food! The menu is large with a lot of different items and combinations. So, if you want seafood, salad, red meat, pasta; they have it all. Apps were good but the crab cake(s) were $16 for ONE crab cake. A little disappointed when it got to the table, as that was one of the things I was looking for. I had the Ultimate Mixed Grilll which gave me a good selection of seafood. The salmon was a little over cooked but all of it was delicious. My Husband had Swordfish, Best Friend had Trout, both excellent and hearty portioned entrees. My best Friends Husband had Bouillabaisse from the seasonal menu, which he enjoyed. However, they forgot the King Crab legs, so we had to ask for them and when he received them, they were still frozen. They did take it off the menu, so it was fine. Crème Brulee for dessert, excellent. Justin was timely with the bill. Great evening, great friends, good food and wine! We will definitely be back and highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No SmilesUnimpressedDined on 11/15/2014We went for my husband and my birthday dinners. We made reservations however when we checked they couldn't find our reservation for almost 5 minutes. We noticed 1 server with a smile on their face (unfortunately not ours). It seemed as if everyone hated their jobs. No smiles to be found. Sorry, but when I spend good money, I expect at least a smile. When a friend mentioned to the waitress it was our birhdays and were celebrating. The waitress said "nice, what would you like to drink". Good was amazing but service was lacking to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerKathyDined on 11/14/2014We needed a place for dinner and de-stress after a memorial service. This restaurant gave us a separate room for our party of 16 to dine. Excellent room to chat with our out-of-town guests. Food choices and prices was reasonable, some entrees were better than others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timeMatthewDined on 11/14/2014The food was great but it took two times to get my wife's steak correct. To their credit, the restaurant did prepare the steak a second time but by the time they served it I was done with my meal. Made for a long and uncomfortable event on our anniversary. Again, everyone was gracious but if I go back I would be very explicit in my expectations for our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticQtp2tDined on 11/14/2014Great food and amazing service. Perfect for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Day visit.1lwkentDined on 11/11/2014I wanted to visit the restaurant because I couldn't last year. The menu for this special day is very nice and has a good selection of different dishes. I booked my visit online and the process was extremely easy. I can say that that feature of the dining experience, as well as the food, made the evening very enjoyable. Unfortunately, more handicap parking spaces are needed close to the door , however, my wife was able to find a spot not too far away while I checked in. Overall I can say that I would return, and that I would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They accomodated a group of eightDinerDined on 11/11/2014As requested, they accommodated a group of eight coworkers for a dinner. The noise level at our corner table was low enough that we could converse over dinner. The waiter was super attentive, but did get a drink order wrong. The kitchen charred a center cut filet - ordered medium rare - to the point it was difficult to chew. The waiter and manager brought another steak and deleted that meal from the tab.Special Features:
- Unspecial Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014The reserved table was by the kitchen, so upon request we were moved to the other table for six by the front door. The service was very very slow. At least fifteen minutes between drinks and appetizers, another fifteen minutes between appetizers and soups and salads and at least another fifteen minutes after dishes were removed before the entrees. Total dining time almost three hours. The dishes were removed between courses but the empty cocktail glasses were left behind. The appetizers were very good. We should have just eaten in the bar. The fish was overcooked even after it was sent back. They made a point of showing us that the menus were customized for the occasion but forgot to give them to us after dinner.Special Features:
- Class ActzandubDined on 11/9/2014Great meal at McCormick & Schmick's. We were seated promptly at our reservation time. The staff was great, as were our meals. We are both veterans & the meals were on the house, but the selection & quality of the meals & the attentiveness of the staff was 1st rate.Special Features:
- Veteran's DayCatburnDined on 11/9/2014Crowded! Always good food at restaurant. First time, since coming here that service was slow and waitperson was only ok. Realize it was very busy, but, shouldn't have made such a difference if prepared properly. Food was good,as usual. Service not so much. I was never offered bread(I was not the vet). Water refill never offered. Coffee never offered. Waited at least 20 min before waiter came by to take order, without water or anything else to drink. Disappointed mainly in service for such an outstanding occasion. (We've been at this restaurant a few times previously and always had great food and service)Special Features:
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Although the food was delicious, the service was rather slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placerdoxDined on 11/9/2014Thank you McCormick and Schmick's for serving a wonderful meal to our US Military Vets. I had the cedar plank salmon and it was delicious.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Service and food were excellent. Hostess and server were exceptional. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is it Worth the Wait?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The food is always good but on this particular evening the service was exceptionally slow. I can somewhat attribute it to the fact that they were very busy with the free dinners for Veterans, which we very much appreciated. The only reason I was so disappointed with the slowness of the service was that it seemed to be a problem with our waiter in particular. The service at other tables seemed much better.Special Features:
- 1011Dined on 11/9/2014They were honoring vetewrans on this visit and the whole place was a beehive. Service was not as good as usual, but it was acceptable considering the size of the crowd. Food was excellent, as usual.Special Features:
- Veterans DayNavyVetDined on 11/9/2014As usual, McCormick & Schmick's provided a wonderful tribute to all veterans. The food is always great, the staff pleasant (in spite of the large number of customers). Making reservations on line was very easy. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Service was quick and great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014We went for Veterans Day. It was super packed, but service was exceptional. My steak was a little chared, but no worries, still delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food2ofusDined on 11/9/2014Always a good dining experience! Service is excellent, food is well prepared. This would be a great place to celebrate a special event.Special Features:
- amount of food for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Too much pepper on steak. Was a tender steak and cooked the way I asked. Not enough food for the price we paid. Wife was not happy with her shrimp. She had better she said. Enjoyed the outdoor dining by the pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Day OccasionAngieDined on 11/9/2014This is the second year we have attended the invitation for free meal for a Vet. We were fortunate enough to have a booth which was private and quiet. Food was delicious, service amazing even with a crowd. Appreciative of the invitation.Special Features:
- Nice gestureduckfootDined on 11/9/2014Special lunch for Vets was very nice. We had a pleasant meal with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCormick & Schmick's Seafoodvetday2014Dined on 11/9/2014Excellent Cedar Planked Salmon and Salmon Rigatoni. Our waiter provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Food was goodeversoDined on 11/9/2014Took up the special Veterans Day menu, & I had the Fish & Chips. Food was decent, but they have served much better before, the portions were well under what one would normally pay decent money for. Fish pieces seemed smaller & barely had any fries & it only came with 1 tiny lemon slice. I had to ask for Tartar Sauce & Malt Vinegar both ..thinking it should be automatic with Fish & chips. My youngster got the burger which was cooked well, but no pickles? Never was asked for a refill on the lemonade. After what seemed to be sub-par service the waiter was did make up for it a little bit to inform me about my Landry's Select club membership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placedwezlDined on 11/9/2014nice place for special occasions,tends to be quite pricey.Special Features:
- Great Steak and LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We loved the presentation of the Steak and Lobster. Our server James did an excellent job including providing some great recommendations and providing excellent customer service! We will definitely be back for seconds. Thanks again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't rush back....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014I had memories of a delicious dinner at McC & S in another city several years ago so was anticipating a repeat. The restaurant at the Fountains is large, divided into smaller areas with cozy banquette niches for a warm environment. More light would be appreciated, "atmospheric" but impossible to read the menu. Thank goodness for mini flashlights on our keyrings! Ordered two starters, carpaccio was delicious & the crab cake wasjust ok. For a fresh sea food house the entrees selections & preparations were very average - nothing particularly ""fresh" or innovative all "broiled, blackened, baked or scampi". My guests enjoyed their halibut & sole. My boullabaise was a disaster. Calamari so tough I couldn't chew it. Freshen it up & I'll returnSpecial Features:
- Think twicelocal6000Dined on 11/1/2014Food was OK Not the quality we expected from this well known chain restaurant and for the prices charged
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Decent food. acceptable noise level.Very pricey.Wait staff is so rushed that i spent dinner time feeling sorry for them. At this price point more personal interaction is needed to make ones spouse feel a bit special!
- tasteless foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our first and last visit to this restaurant. The food was so boring! My wife had the chefs choice. It had almost no flavor. The fingering potatoes tasted like they had no seasoning and we're put under the warming lights yesterday. The steak and lobster was 33 dollars, we were charged 34 dollars. The lobster was about 3 ounces and the steak was about the ounces. We will definitely not be returning!
- Uncooked fish at a seafood restaurant!SeriouslyDined on 11/1/2014I ordered a bottle of wine, and the waitress brought the wrong one - then got it right. I ordered grilled tilapia from the dinner menu, and the four of us got served at the same time; however, my fish was not done - after I put a bite in my mouth! Yuck! Finally when the waitress checked back, she took my plate, then the manager came over to apologize. My friends were just about done with their dinner when my replacement came. It was good and cooked through, but it should've been right the first time. For goodness sake, this is a seafood restaurant! Oh, my dinner was comped which was nice. I had expected better for this upscale restaurant. It was disappointing, and we won't go back.
- DependableTravlinGrlDined on 10/29/2014A nice comfortable place to eat seafood. Also like the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeRichardDined on 10/28/2014Pricey, but nice. Everything you'd expect of a restaurant at this price point.Special Features:
- 15th anniversarynotsogreatDined on 10/17/2014I was very disappointed with the food. I had the lobster bisque and it wasn't the rich creamy flavor I've had in the past at other restaurants. The rice that came with my husbands dinner tasted more like underdone minute rice. The wine I had with my dinner was wonderful and the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I love going there when the weather's nice and you can eat on their beautiful patio.Special Features:
- Excellent menuBradSDined on 10/3/2014We were skeptical of a chain menu and the reception by our French dining guests. We were pleasantly overwhelmed. The menu is by far the most extensive of fish offerings and quality cooking in the Sacramento region. Our French guests were excited and full of favorable comments on the quality of the fish, the taste spectrum, large portions and the dining ambience. My wife and I can't wait to go back to try the 20 other mouth watering menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightBrownsEnglishToffeeDined on 9/30/2014It was date night so we decided to go to McCormick & Schmick's after shopping all afternoon for supplies for our own kitchen, Brown's English Toffee in Fiddletown. It was a very relaxing meal, the food was prepared exactly as ordered (meaning that the beef was not over or under cooked). The waitress was very attentive she never made us feel rushed yet was always there when something was needed during the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service and foodsdgidesDined on 9/28/2014I have been here twice and the food is excellent and the service is top notch. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherDateNightDined on 9/28/2014We waited 10 min to be seated even though we had reservations and there were plenty of open tables. Seat was covered in crumbs. Long wait to order and also to receive food. Waiter didn't check to see if we needed anything except if we wanted to order more drinks $$. Overpriced for the food/experience.
- Worst ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014This reservation was for 5 people to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant did seat us in a nice location - that was the only positive about this evening. Our food took 1 & 1/2 hours to arrive; when it did it was horribly prepared and not fit to eat - especially for the price per plate. The manager removed all food charges from our bill which was the right thing to do as we did not eat our meals.