McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
11920 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (703) 481-6600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30AM-10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 11:30AM-11:00PM
Sunday 11:30AM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Ferguson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: In the bar:
Thurs 80's night starts at 10pm
Fri Dance starts at 11pm
Sat Top 40 starts at 11pm
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
At McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in the Reston Town Center, our hallmark is the freshest fish and seafood from around the world served in a traditional decor. Our fresh daily menu highlights favorites from our Pacific Northestern origins-Alaskan King Salmon, Wild halibut, and Northwest Oysters-along with East Coast Specialties like Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab and Maine Lobster. All this is presented in a handsome decor of rich mahogany accented with copper paneling, custom chandeliers and Virginia-themed stained glass ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (67)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (54)great for lunch (49)notable wine list (35)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (11)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Was very good all around, server was nice, liked to upsell produts.Special Features:
- great selection of seafoodeJohnDined on 11/20/2014I had the Chesapeake Bay Rockfish with lump Blue Crab meat. Yum. Wine selection was good, not great. Service was also good, not great. Wonderful atmosphere. You go to M&S for the seafood. Always a new menu, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafood and ambienceHerbertDined on 11/18/2014Outstanding seafood as always, and very friendly and efficient service by our waiter Eduardo. The tuna tartare and sliced tuna (Cto Coast) were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish and lobster perfectly cooked.FrogMeisterDined on 11/15/2014Fish isn't easy to cook perfectly, but they did. And, the lobster and lobster mashed potatoes were wonderful. Decent draft beer selection including a local IPA. Overall, wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating near the font doorMikeDined on 11/15/2014The only glitch we encountered was being seated near the front door on a cold, windy Saturday evening. We had to be reseated twice to avoid having to bundle up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Friday NightOysterLoverVIPDined on 11/14/2014Everything about the experience was outstanding -- from top to bottom. Drinks, food and service were all spot on. Our server was on her toes the whole time and made a special evening even better!Special Features:
- Unprofessional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Bartender didn't know where wine was from, Server kept forgetting water, didn't know if the fish was wild or farm-raised (really it's a seafood restaurant) and then tried to take my plate while I was still eating (had only eaten about 1/4 and had the meal for 5 mins).
- DisappointedExperienceAvgExperienceDined on 11/9/2014Got to restaurant and checked in at 7:45pm for an 8:00pm reservation and upon checking in the hostess was not friendly or courteous at all. Waited at bar until 8:40pm when finally called to be seated. However, decided to start ordering dinner at bar by 8:30pm and service was very slow. Very disappointed.
- Vets SpecialPJEatsDined on 11/9/2014A good evening, a bit crowded and the food was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Day SpecialdonnadoopsDined on 11/9/2014Took my parents & boyfriend out for Veterans Day (free entrée from a select menu, for Veterans) and had a very nice time. Their Veterans Day special is the Sunday before the holiday and you make reservations, so though we had about a 15 minute wait for a table, it's much nicer/more special than waiting in line for an hour or two somewhere. Several non-fish options on the special menu (my dad doesn't care for fish) so there were good choices for everyone, and 1/2 price bottles of Golden Hook wine (a red and a white). It's a little noisy, but the food & the service were very good - definitely going back.Special Features:
- JessicaDined on 11/9/2014McCormick & Schmick's is good but not my favorite. We came this time for the Veteran's Appreciation dinner; it's nice that they do something special for the men and women who have served. It is pretty pricey and the food is just okay for the money that you spend. Appetizer, soup, and salads were very good, but our entrees were just average, nothing great. The restaurant is really nice, and the staff is friendly and attentive, but with a restaurant at this price point, I'd expect to be blown away by the food and I just wasn't. That being said, I would definitely eat here again, but only probably for a special occasion, or for a light meal (soup, salad, apps, etc) with drinks (which were very strong btw!) and skip the entrees altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!RobtDined on 11/9/2014Dependently good! Always a treat for fine dining.Special Features:
- Veterans DayCheferik03Dined on 11/9/2014Always a great meal for Veterans Day. Thank you taking the time to honor veterans. Service was great and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Many Thanks!!AVeteranDined on 11/9/2014I am very appreciative of your tribute to Veteran's. You were one of the first to offer us such a wonderful experience. I can't count the number of meals I had in the extreme cold or heat that came out of a package or can while in uniform. Thank you for honoring us, this is very special!Special Features:
- knitoneVIPDined on 11/9/2014It was very cold in the restaurant. We kept our coats on. Food was okay and service was fine but slow. My one complaint was how my left over food was packed. To fit into a small container it was all lumped together. With a whole salmon filet on the bottom and broken up. I was looking forward to having it for lunch the next day but it was mixed into everything else. My recommendation - make certain to pack left overs yourself.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/9/2014wonderful service from Mariah, very good food, super busy for vets day but still received all the attention we neededSpecial Features:
- Recommended!brownieoneVIPDined on 11/9/2014We ate here for dinner during a promotion where Veteran's ate for free from a limited menu. As a result, the joint was jumping and our waiter, though very polite and helpful, was a bit overwhelmed. I think service here is normally 4-5 stars, from what I recall, though it has been a while. The food was outstanding ... sizzling salmon, shrimp trio, and my free cedar plank salmon (normally $24). A bread refill and iced tea refills were both made, albeit a little slower than they should have been. In spite of the minor hiccups, we will return! Thank for for honoring the country's veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colin SmolensOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Thank you for the Veteran's Day special. Was a great time and meal. BZ to the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Customer ServiceAttention2DetailDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I attended the Veteran's Day event. The experience began with check in, where we found host staff appearing to attend to everyone. After waiting 15 minutes from our confirmed reservation we were noticeably skipped by someone that just entered. We brought it up and were placed immediately by the entrance, noting the cool breeze from the door and other entering guests handling our table and chair corners - not intimate. We asked for another table and given a brash, "here is the best we can do, we really can't do much else". An overhead recessed light didn't mask the obvious use of his cell phone. What a surprise to find a slack-waiter exiting the stall. Management asked about our experience, we advised them we won't return.
- friendlyDined on 11/9/2014It is always a special pleasure for us to dine at your restaurant. The food is always good and the service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantChoosyoneDined on 11/9/2014A great restaurant with even better food and service. We love visiting McCormick & Schmicks! Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M&S scores well againMaconDined on 11/9/2014Once again, McCormicks & Schmick's "delivered. We have yet to have anything neutral or negative to say about our meals and service at the McCormicks & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Reston. Job well done, guys & gals! Their shrimp and fish dishes are WONDERFUL! In addition to my main course, I ordered their kale salad. Wonderful! I recommend it. If you are not sure you "like" kale, try it anyway - you will become a convert to this "superfood" salad.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Our table got a seafood combination, a steak, and something from the kid's menu. All were fantastic.Special Features:
- veteran's day saluteArmyVeteranDined on 11/9/2014I would like to thank M & S Grill for the dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceDarganDined on 11/9/2014We went for a late lunch/early dinner, and the food and service were exceptional. The noise level is a bit high, but it's a popular restaurant with lots of patrons which makes for a noisy environment. Better acoustics would be helpful, but that should not deter anyone from eating there and enjoying the fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- Pretty goodfishyDined on 11/9/2014The food was great except for the kid's shrimp and chicken which seemed bland.Special Features:
- A Great LunchJohnstDined on 11/9/2014Had a wonderful lunch here. Everything was very well done, food was excellent and the service superior despite the fact they were being slammed by a huge crowd there for the free veteran's meal.Special Features:
- Better than crystal cityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014Food and service way better than the one in Crystal City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Wait Staff ServiceDisappointedDiner2014Dined on 11/9/2014My meal came with steamed vegetables of the day. I desired some butter to top my warm vegetables and asked the person who brought my meal (not my waitress) to please bring me some. Approximately ten minutes later, after not seeing my waitress, I asked the person who refilled my iced tea for some butter. Another ten minutes passed and finally my waitress reappeared and I asked her for some butter. It took her about five minutes to bring it. Needless to say, I had finished my meat and my vegetables were cold by the time that I received the butter, thus it would not melt. I assume this is fine if you like room temperature vegetables with cold butter. Upon my departure, I spoke with a Manager and the reply I received was merely "Thanks".Special Features:
- Veteran's Day Special TreatsevenDined on 11/9/2014Wow, McCormick & Schmick really rolled out the red carpet for Veterans on November 9th to celebrate Veteran's Day. Enjoyed an awesome meal of Cashew Crusted Tilapia with Jamaican Rum Butter and Couscous. It was presented well and tasted even better. The service was excellent. I have dined here before and always enjoy itSpecial Features:
- Low Quality Food & Poor ServiceSofoodieDined on 11/8/2014The Tuscan Kale salad didn't have much kale, was limp and totally drenched in dressing; I did not finish it. The waitress handed me the "hot" plate with the crab cake, which I promptly dropped on the table. The crab cake was tasteless. The waitress was rude, service was very poor; I will not go to another McCormick & Schmick's again.
- Anniversary CelebrationRelaxedDinerDined on 11/8/2014This was a celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary. The restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere and was very patient in allowing us time for our reunion greetings before we sat down at the table to continue our conversations. It was a very leisurely 30 minutes before the waiter even approached us (our choice) for our drink orders. We were never rushed at any time. The menu had selections that appealed to everyone, the food was outstanding, and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- New lunch menu is GREAT!rlstitesDined on 10/31/2014We celebrated one of the guy's birthday here and really enjoyed the new, lower cost, lunch menu. We also were seated in one of the enclosed booths which made it very private. The server was prompt and attentive as well as interactive. The new Northwest Salmon Saute is outstanding and a great buy!Special Features:
- Great All Around2ndThursdayDined on 10/25/2014Group of 8 with as many requests for menu substitutions. Server very accommodating and gracious, and she got them right. Food was delicious. Restaurant ambiance perfect for the early dinner hour and size of party. Looking forward to return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mc&SalhaDined on 10/21/2014The food here is always excellent & this time didn't disappoint. At the beginning the server came by a lot when we just wanted to talk, but once we sorted out things service was great. I'll keep returningSpecial Features:
- Food was greatSetpointVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had the Steak and. Lobster and it was very good. Service was a bit slow due to the fact that our server appeared to be attending to a lot of tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGR8experienceDined on 10/18/2014McCormick and Schmick's never disappoints - great seafood!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great experience. I wonderful ambiance, wonderful cocktail and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife Birthday Dinnerjpv62Dined on 10/17/2014Took my wife out on her birthday for dinner at this restaurant. This is very nice restaurant with great food and drinks. I would highly recommend to for any special occasions you might be planning. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodCaseylgVIPDined on 10/13/2014Excellent food and service. The seafood special was fantastic and the service was quick but attentive. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.